Do I have to send half the money?

Work out what your kid owes in rent, food, clothes and school fees and you should be square with him :laughing:

1 Like

I get child support not from the state just because their dad financially helps out and I don’t split it with my kids. It helps provide for the kids. My adult son 19, almost 20 doesn’t ask for a percentage. In this circumstance I might give him some based on the amount but certainly not half.

3 Likes

:laughing::laughing::laughing: absolutely not! Take a vacation… you deserve it.
Make sure and send him a postcard though.

3 Likes

The audacity!!!, if it was me and my child did not give me that entitlement attitude then Hellah yes we both going shopping for essential items/car/study fees whatever BUT if my kid going to.come at me like that then hahahahahaha pffffffftttt you get $1

2 Likes

Definitely not his money. The money was supposed to help you with expenses related to raising him. So at this point it’s paying you back like a loan. I know lots of parents who choose to give it to their kids when they eventually got back child support… but that is up to you. If it was me, I’d keep it if I needed it or put it away for a rainy day.

2 Likes

Lol 20?! He is no longer a child. We doing get taxes for a 20 y.o

Ummm no. If it were his it would be sent to him in his name. He is owed nothing.

1 Like

You been and done raised him without so it’s time you got your $$ back !

2 Likes

No way .!! That is yours… Why does he think he deserves any of it .!! Where does he think the money came from while u we’re raising him

2 Likes

Absolutely not sorry :cry:

I gave all my child support directly to my son, but financially I was able to do that.

Tell him you brought him into this world and you can take him out! You don’t owe him anything. Boy sit down somewhere and get a grip on yourself.

6 Likes

It wasn’t theirs it was yours to help raise them. Wish I could have got mine but gave up on it.

Personally I’d find it rude my child is pushing money issues on me at such a young age… like I get it’s “their money” technically but they have to also realize you did so much for them over the years on your own that if you’re struggling now you’re allowed to use that money to catch up a bit… now personally if it was me after I’m caught up I’d probably give my kid some of the money if they were kind/thankful for the money and it would be put to good use for them. If they were acting greedy over it I’d probably have a discussion and explain the situation to see why they felt that so strongly about it and go from there. I could never say my child is entitled or their feelings are invalid in this situation because to an extent they’re right (CS is to be used towards the childs benefit) but the way they’re coming about it is wrong, they’re not taking in to account maybe you need it after putting bills on hold to feed/cloth them, and I wouldn’t want to enable such a behavior at the same time. Every situation is different :heart: sending positive vibes your way and hope you guys can come to a resolution of some sort

Ummm no , because it you wasn’t getting anything then that will still be money you spent and earned by yourself to raise him. And I would tell him about himself.go ask your father for the money you feel is owed to you cuz that’s who really owe him time!

You tell your son to fuck off!!! Little fucking shit ass!!

Sounds fair IF he pays half of the costs you incurred while raising him. Love to see his face when you give him the bill lol.

6 Likes

Child support is to help the parent pay for things the child needs. You had no support, & now you’re being reimbursed. Plain & simple. It’s not his money.

8 Likes

That’s up to you. But its money for you raising the children not money FOR the kids to spend. Its back payment for you.

3 Likes

Fuck no lolol reading this just urked my soul

1 Like

Why would you give him any?? While you was taking care of them you supplied your half as the mother and you also supplied the dad’s half of the support. So kid didn’t go without

I’d send back an lol good joke!

F*cccccck that! You keep that money and you go do something for yourself.

Send him a dose of reality that his expenses have long been covered (by you) and now that the father has been left with no choice, you’re being rightfully compensated for half the responsibility. Hopefully he understands and this isn’t an apple doesn’t fall far situation.

5 Likes

I mean if it’s back pay for child support then it should go to support the child I can see where he is coming from to a point but I also can see where your coming from so really the choice is yours and what you wanna do

1 Like

You are owed that money and technically you already spent it on your son throughout the years so no, it’s all yours.

1 Like

Ummmm how about nooooo!

2 Likes

Hell no! You raised those kids with no help! That’s back owed for all that you had to pay up front! That’s your money 100%. That’s money that you already spent that dad should of been spending getting paid back to you!

2 Likes

You struggled to make sure he had everything he needed in life. No.

1 Like

my son would give me any money he would make to help me out , when their dad finally gave them $200 each , which he never gave a dime to me for all the years I raised them , my son handed me the $200 and said mom you payed for us all these years this money should be yours not mine , then he asked but mom since you have a little extra do you think I could get $10 to go to the movies ? I cried … That was years ago and that son was just like me . Sadly he past away now but children know mom raising them cost lots and any money from said father is to help with cost of children , since son is moved out and 20 years old , you are not liable to financially support him , but you are totally entitled to any money your ex owed you for all those years , for your son to even ask for money of it is selfish and ungrateful … Sorry you even have to go through that , I know my boys would be happy for me if their dad had to pay me money for all those years of raising them . As adults they still try to take care of me . I wish you luck and I hope your son opens his eyes and sees that you spent all that money plus more on them .

1 Like

Your your son to suck it

Oh hell no. It’s reimbursement for you paying for everything all these years.

That isn’t how it works. You covered all the expenses on your own, now this is basically a reimbursement to you. It wouldn’t hurt to give him some if you want to, but you definitely don’t OWE him half of it or any of it.

1 Like

Sure. After you’ve been reimbursed for 1/2 of his expenses the father owes first. He can have what’s left. :rofl: ppshhhhh kids :rofl:

1 Like

you owe nothing to anyone… they owe you !
Do all the things and buy all that you couldn’t when you were raising two kids on your own

1 Like

No, you raised him without any financial help from his father. That money is yours do something for yourself. He’s 20 years old let him take care of himself

5 Likes

Unless he worked while in high-school to help out and actually did help that money is yours not his!!!

3 Likes

Sounds like dad was pissed he lost his tax return and called your son to stir the pot :woman_shrugging:t2:. And obviously you should always help your kids out if they need it no matter their age, but your son sounds like an ungrateful brat from this post.

2 Likes

Nope! I would not send half. You paid 100% of cost while raising him when you should have only paid 50%. That backed up child support is the 50% the father should have put so that money is completely yours and not your sons. The audacity of him to ask for that money when he clearly seen you raise him financially on your own.

3 Likes

Mam that is all yours since you raised him yourself.

Ahhh, no. Let him try and take you to court - they’d laugh in his face.

No that’s for every month you paid rent and electric and feed him and new school clothes… so just do a average of what you spent every month on support for your child and give him a bill and say now that little bit of money yoy get back Is nothing I’m sure of what you spent!! Maybe now mom you can buy something new for yourself or not stress a month or two about your bills! Kids don’t see it like that!! They think it’s “child support” its just money for them to blow!! My mom kept all her back child support because she supported us herself and was just reenburst what she already spent!! Honey you keep that and just give your son a Bill!!

3 Likes

Nope definitely not owed to him. I probably would have shared with my kids anyways but not if they came at me entitled to it wow

2 Likes

No way I would be giving it back, that’s your money.

2 Likes

You respond by saying nobody the house the food the clothes you wore all the events I took you to I paid for that this is my payback for all I did for you under the law. What the hell is wrong with kids these days?

5 Likes

A respectable son would be happy for you to have finally been reimbursed for your struggles throughout the years. He would be grateful and appreciative that his dad isn’t just getting away with not paying CS while you raised him. He heard you got money and his first instinct is to ask for “his half”. Entitled. Absolutely not. My dad tried to pull that with me and my mom and I wouldn’t doubt that it happens all the time.

5 Likes

That child needs put in their place and should be more grateful for what you have provided.

5 Likes

How about no? What bills did he pay? It’s your money for raising him.

3 Likes

Excuse me, what child did your son support that he feels he deserves half? The fuck?? You struggled to raise them, you keep it. And when you writing your will, keep in mind that his ass is greedy af.

I mean I’d give him some but expecting half is too much

1 Like

Um nahhh… that money was to help you raise him. Not for him to have. I mean, if you came to the arrangement with the father that he gets the back pay as an adult to help with bills and school etc then sure (I had that with my own parents)

1 Like

No… and by the way…even the thought is outrageous. He should be so happy for you that you have just a tiny piece of the money back YOU put into raising him. I would be curious as to why he feels entitled to anything but a solid “no” is all he deserves.

12 Likes

No! You’ve raised them and spent on them already.

2 Likes

I would do it cuz I’m dumb like that lol

1 Like

No, you raised him. You put a roof over his head and provided everything.

3 Likes

Umm no thats your money

1 Like

:woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming: He sounds a little entitled! Time to have a sit down with him, mama!

5 Likes

:fu:t4::fu:t4: that’s how I’d respond

3 Likes

If you’ve taken care of him then absolutely do not give it to him. So many kid’s feel entitled…even my own at times. Kid’s do not realize just how much money we spend each month. I can totally see my 20 year old saying something like that.

2 Likes

That’s your money. That’s why it called child support

2 Likes

No way do you give him a dime. You spent your money to raise him on your own with no help from the father. This is what was owed for raising him which you already did with your own doing.

2 Likes

Lol nope. Child support isn’t for the child to spend as they please.

1 Like

Um no because I’m sure you used your own money to do and buy extra things for him. I’d offer to maybe buy him something he needs but that’s it.

1 Like

I would write out a bill. Add the interest. Subtract the child support you received. And give him the bill. He will change his tune real quick.

1 Like

Maybe he needs the money! Let him know it’s for them anyway, and you will save it for him in your individual savings account.

My response to my son “boy you better get outta here with all that nonsense” then proceed to sit down and have a conversation as to why.

2 Likes

I would probably give him half just because. It could help if he’s in a bind or something. I don’t know that’s just my opinion though.

1 Like

Give it to him! Even tho I struggle at times myself all of my sons money goes into an account because I had a child means I raise him an all my money will go to providing a better life for him and his father’s will to! His dad does not have to reimburse me for a child I had as well! Think of it as his dad is taking care of some of the rest of his life so it’s half and half now just a lil delayed…

3 Likes

First who told him about the money!! And hell No keep it

1 Like

I would bless him with some,definitely not half…personally I wouldn’t even told him…I would have just given him some…it would be sad for you and your son to fall out over money but he’s being selfish…cause I’m sure that refund didn’t cover entire back child support only a small portion

Nope. He wouldn’t see one red cent out of it after behaving like that. If you’re anything like me, he would’ve had most that money spent on him whether he’s grown or not. But a comment like that would have him eating out of a straw.

5 Likes

Ummm did he pay half the bills while growing up??? There’s your answer.

3 Likes

I’d say no way kid. I did my time. That’s ridicuious

Well his support probably would have stopped at 18, but anyway it was to feed him and put a roof over his head etc. That money is your reimbursement for all those years.

1 Like

No…. That was to contribute to support your child & you had to do it alone

2 Likes

I believe you used your own money to raise him cloth him feed him etc. So that money is yours your getting paid back for the half the should of helped with. Tell him to have his own kids and he can get child tax credit. And if he chooses he can save half of it every year to give to his own kid but I bet he needs that money by then tokens caring for his child it’s hard with two parent incomes to do it on your own is truly a great thing you did and he should be thankful.

1 Like

No, that money was to help support you in raising him. You supplied a home, electricity, clean clothes, food in his belly, sports, movies. I think he isn’t understanding how child support works.

6 Likes

Not unless there were an extremely odd string of extenuating circumstances…. and it’s disrespectful af for him to even demand. It’s not a trust fund.

3 Likes

Bahaha…tell him he already got his half when he was living under your roof eating your food…good grief!

5 Likes

Technically it is your money. But I probably would maybe buy the kid some groceries or maybe pay a bill for him just because I wanted to not because he expected it. But I absolutely wouldn’t just give him the money.

1 Like

Umm no! That was for raising him! It’s called BACK PAY for a reason it’s paying YOU back from when they were under the legal age and raising them. He isn’t entitled to anything other than the money he earns on his own!

12 Likes

I would do it because it’s “child support” no matter how old those are my children. I struggled at 20 I hope my child isn’t by that age but the extra money can ALWAYS help. Your children don’t ask you to be a responsible parent so reminding them what you paid for is contradicting seeing as you choice to. Just my opinion though no hate on others :heart:

1 Like

It’s your money to do as you please he’s grown and apparently gone so nope but as a child I received child $350 every two weeks and my mom allowed me to keep it for myself but I shared it with her and my sister each time I received it but if my mom told me no I would have understood

1 Like

Excuse me??! Uhmm no. How about you send him an invoice of everything you paid for him growing up then write in his half as payment to you and set the balance as paid in full and give that to him.
How ungrateful!

3 Likes

Give him a Bill for child care at $15 an hour. Talley it out and see how he feels.

2 Likes

I mean, it was for his well being and bills etc. since he’s an adult now, I don’t see why you can’t help him out. He’s still your son

5 Likes

Tell him you’ll give him half right after he pays you for all the years you raised him, roof over his head, utilities, clothes, food, maid service, chef, personal driver, I would think all of that would cost about 250.000. a year… Ungrateful entitled brat…

2 Likes

None of it is his seriously … I’m not copping an attitude - none of it is his -

1 Like

I would advise him to do some research on CHILD SUPPORT and figure out exactly how it works. Back child support is simply reimbursing you for his Father’s failure to assist with the financial responsibilities of him while he was under 18. You receiving that money (that should have been given YEARS before he was 18 or older) doesn’t mean that you owe him a dime. Now if he was over 18 and not living in your home but away at college or whatever then that would have been a different conversation but that’s not this is so tell him to call his Daddy and ask for his Child support and stop playing on your phone.

2 Likes

I feel like had he asked nicely instead of telling you that you “need to” it would be different. Of course i’d you don’t need it. It really boils down to if you’re comfortable with it and if you think he’d use it responsibly.

The audacity… wow! No, it’s not his money. It’s your money. It was suppose to come during his childhood to help you take care of him, it didn’t so you did that alone and now you’ll get that back. If you CHOOSE to give him anything that is up to you, but it is not owed to him.

2 Likes

Give it to your son… At least half. That’s what I plan to do when I finally get child support.

3 Likes

Half is not his!
Did he pay half the bills, half the food, half the mortgage when he was a minor did he?
I think he needs reminding of who the parent is here.

3 Likes

Personally I would give my child half. But that’s just me.

2 Likes

I would give it to my child as in my eyes it’s theirs as I received it when they were an adult.

1 Like

I personally dont see this as a big deal but then again I was given my child support as basically an allowance when I hit a certain age. There are probably things he missed out on due to the child support not being paid to his mom. Half and half seems like a pretty fair set up across the board.

6 Likes

Tell your son you supported him for 18 years. This money is reimbursement for some of that. He’s already got his money.

4 Likes

Your adult son
Has no rights to that money

That money is for
your othe
Minor children

1 Like

Yes it’s called child support not parent support

4 Likes

No. That’s paying YOU back for the roof over his head, food in his belly, clothes on his back and his person chauffeur service, aka mom drives you everywhere and pays for the gas. Hell no half is not his! Tell him no!

6 Likes