Do mothers care about the sex of their baby?

I always hear how most men hope their first is a son, is it normal for mothers in general to hope for one over the other first? What is it generally?

14 Likes

I know for me personally, I’ve always wanted a boy. My husband didn’t care.

I wanted a girl so bad, and ended up with two boys. Was I disappointed for a while, yes, but I wouldn’t change anything now. Way cheaper for me too lol.

I wanted my 1st and 2nd to be a boy …my 3rd i really wanted my girl ended up a boy …my 4th i wanted a girl…im getting my girl …my husband never cared really…but is super excited about his girl this time

1 Like

I didn’t care either way, but many moms do. Everyone is different.

1 Like

I wished for a girl. I got a boy. And I wouldn’t trade him for the world! I was so meant to be a boy mom. He’s my whole entire world and more. :heart::earth_africa:

I didn’t care as long as I had a healthy baby.

I always wanted 2 girls. No boys… I got 1 girl

1 Like

I wanted a girl and was convinced it was a girl… was told a boy so my partner is definitely happy but anything can happen,find out soon

I dont. Just wanted healthy baby. I did hope for a boy first and got a boy but wouldn’t have been upset if it wasn’t. Pregnant with another boy now.

I wanted a boy first then girl and didnt care after that…I have boy, girl, boy, boy, and pregnant again :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Not sure what this one is yet, but we are hoping for another girl this time.

It didn’t matter to me. I know a lot of women do experience gender disappointment, though. And it’s a valid feeling.

I always wanted a boy for my first. The reason always was if I had another he could be the big brother and protect the younger sibling

I really wanted a girl. I got a girl. My mom says I willed her into being a girl because I refused to even humor the idea of her being a boy. Most of my friends wanted girls first.

I always wanted a girl first.

I never really cared. My first three kids I found out while pregnant, all three were girls. My fourth I didnt find out until birth- I was expecting a girl bc well I firmly believed my uterus only made girls. Pleasantly surprised with a boy.
All I ever wanted was a healthy baby with no birth complications.

you should want ONLY a healthy baby!!!

I always wanted a son. I have two girls. Just wasn’t in the cards for me. :cry:

I wanted a boy first. I got a girl. She’s amazing.

Healthy mature individuals dont care about the gender of their baby. Maybe they are hopeful for the set but deep down it doesnt matter.

2 Likes

I want one of each gender. I have 1 girl so far. Hoping next baby is a boy

I have two girls and we are 15 weeks pregnant with our 3rd. We didn’t care with our first two pregnancies but we both want a boy for different reasons. For me I don’t want us to be outdaughtered and for him, he wants someone to carry on his family name. Even if we have a third girl, we really just want a healthy baby.

I honestly always thought I’d have all girls and my hubby loved the idea. My second was a boy which actually suprised all of us but we were still very happy because In the end what mattered to us was that they were healthy. Currently we have a 2.5 year old girl and 1 year old boy and a girl due at the end of August

I wanted boys…and so far ive had all boys (3)

1 Like

My first I didiny care. Which was a boy. My second I wanted a girl only cuz my first was a boy. If I had a girl first I would hope for a boy. I just wanted one of each didnt care the order. Now i have a boy 10 and a girl 4. I want more but idc what sex they are on the rest that I have.

I have two boys so praying for a girl this time

1 Like

I didn’t care.
I had a boy

Generally that the baby is HEALTHY!

I wanted all boys but got three girls lol

I feel like it’s pretty normal to want a specific gender. The goal is obviously a healthy baby but it’s not terrible to be excited about the hopes of a certain gender. I wanted a girl and got a boy. Wouldn’t change him for the world though! I hoped for a girl my second time and she’ll be here in June.

I didn’t care. I was just excited to have a little nugget.

I didn’t care. I got 2 girls and currently 14 wks with my 3rd and last and it’s a girl. I despise people who ask my husband and I if we’re “finally getting our boy” or “aren’t you disappointed”, telling him he “did it wrong” etc. Neither of us cared as long as they were happy.

I wanted a healthy baby. No matter the circumstances, the baby was my love.

1 Like

I at least wanted one of each. It didn’t matter till I felt outnumbered and The boys don’t wanna do anything girly aka Disney on ice or visit Disney magic kingdom. Lol :joy:

If given the choice my Husband and I both wanted a girl. We got our girl :heart: but after trying for many years, we honestly didn’t care either way, as long as they were healthy.

I’ve always wanted a boy. Have two girls.

Healthy should be the first concern.

My husband wanted a girl. I wanted a boy.
We got a boy.
In the end it really doesn’t matter. He’s ours and we love him just the same.

I wanted a boy and got one.

I preferred a boy, got a girl! And I couldn’t be happier. Wouldn’t trade it for the world! Love my baby daughter so dang much

I wanted a healthy baby and a little girl lol

umm yes kind of sometimes theresca wish not a need

I actually wanted a girl I think because I have all sisters and it’s all I knew. I had a boy and the bond I share with my son is the most beautiful strongest bond I have ever felt. I wanted another boy the second time around and had a girl, and I couldn’t picture my life without her. Both times I didn’t get what I had hoped for and I wouldn’t change a thing :heart:

I right from the beginning of both my pregnancies knew I was having a boy​:joy::joy:I didnt want no girls​:woman_facepalming:

With my first 2 I was didn’t care just wanted a healthy baby. They are both boys. With my last two I was hoping for a girl. But both were boys and that’s ok. They were healthy babies and I have no regrets.

My biggest concern was having a happy and healthy baby (though it would be loves no matter what). I did though prefer a boy first because I would have no idea on how to raise a girl when she’s older. I have a son and he has such a chilled personality.

I wanted a girl, my husband wanted a boy. I got my girl.

I didnt care. Just wanted a healthy baby.

People are so aggressive about that question.
“What gender are you hoping for?”
“I dont care as long as they’re healthy”
“Ok but if you HAD TO CHOOSE”
WHY DOES IT MATTER MARGARET?! AS LONG AS IT DOESNT HAVE HOOVES ILL BE HAPPY

3 Likes

I really wanted a healthy baby boy and that is what I got… But I honestly think that even if I had a girl I would have been just as happy

I wanted a girl. I just thought it would be easier being a single parent to raise a same-sex child. I got my girl. :heart::heart: I was SO HAPPY when the tech said baby would be wearing pink.

I could care less as long as my baby is healthy. That is all that matters in my book :woman_shrugging:

I never did as long as baby was healthy

Baby 1 I always wanted a blue-eyed blond-haired boy. Got exactly that. Kid 2 and kid 3 we didn’t even find out the gender until birth because we really didn’t care either way!

Depends on the person. I just hope for healthy. Gender doesnt matter…as long as baby is healthy, that’s what matters.

I always wanted a girl. But either way healthy baby would have made me happy

I always wanted boys. I was never really girly so I didn’t think I could handle a girl. My first baby was a boy. My second was a girl… The girliest girl ever, and I love her to pieces :heart: I wouldn’t change a thing :hugs:

1 Like

I was happy w what I got!..

I wanted a girl and got my girl but either way I would have been happy. I’m just happy she’s healthy

When I was pregnant I wanted a boy 1st (bc I always wanted a big brother growing up) and we got a boy but I honestly really didn’t care about gender I just wanted a healthy baby

As long as they are healthy, my Husband longs for a girl we have 2 healthy beautiful boys.
We love them so much it doesnt matter. We may try 1 more time always wanted 3 but i had complications with my 2nd birth i will have to have a c-sec so im a little put off. I will see how i feel in a year or 2 :blush:

I want my boy first then a girl and that’s exactly what I got both where healthy and my son was born a month early

When I was pregnant with my son I wanted a girl and when I was pregnant with my girl I wanted a another boy lol but overall just wanted a healthy baby they both were

I wanted a girl… got three boys. Had to wait 40 year more for my now 15 month old granddaughter… but my grandmother always said god sent you want you need…

1 Like

Entirely depends on the person. Personally, I had a vision of what my family would look like so I had hoped for a boy for my first. I didn’t get that. :joy: Part of that vision was having “one of each”. I didn’t get that either. :joy: Instead I have two girls. Is it what I had pictured? No. But it’s what life gave me and I don’t love my girls any less because of it. They’re still my world. :heart:

With my first one we didn’t want to find out, we both didn’t care as long as the baby was healthy. But when I was pregnant with our second, we wanted the opposite sex, especially my husband. Our first born is a girl, and our second is a boy.

Yes and no… I was just happy they was alive… I list 3 before i had my rainbow baby… And i was bleeding out… I was more happy we both are here today.

I was hoping for a baby boy and I got him! :heart: but I would have been happy either way!

Yes it’s normal and so is gender disappointment though a lot of people do not like to talk about it because they’re afraid of being singled out as a bad parent.

2 Likes

All depends on the person! My husband and I were split. I wanted a boy (which I got!) and he wanted a girl. Before we found out I really didn’t care either way as long as I had a healthy baby. And if you are unsure don’t find out the gender surprise yourself at birth!

My husband and I have never cared. We’ve both made guesses as to what we thought, but we were happy with either gender for both.

Healthy. If you asked my husband 4 or 5 years ago, he would have said boy straight up. But when we found out we were pregnant (first child for both of us) we both didn’t care what we were blessed with as long as it was healthy!! Now we have a wild, smart, healthy 21 month old boy!! And lemme tell you, he’s all boy lol this whole pandemic has taught me that I definitely could not have handled a little girl lol

I wanted a daughter. I got a son. I wouldn’t change him for anything but I’ll always be sad that I couldn’t give him a sister

I wanted a boy and then three years later a boy I got the exact opposite and they’re birthdays are o days apart (and three years)

I personally always wanted a boy first (thankfully my wish was granted haha) but after that I don’t really care if its another boy or if its a girl whenever I do end up having another baby. I feel like if a woman does have a preference its situational. I wanted a boy first because I have an older brother and really liked having an older brother to look up to. I don’t have any sisters I only have my 2 brothers and I am the middle child. There are some women who grew up with an older sister and looked up to her so they could want a girl first then. It really just depends on the woman

I wanted my first one to be a girl. When we did a gender reveal and found out it was a boy I cried for a month. Lol. But now that he’s here and healthy I couldn’t be happier. I’m currently pregnant with my 2nd and it didn’t matter to us what the gender was.

You can wish I got what I wanted both times haha but you should love whatever the sex or gender it may be :heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart:

Um ya completely normal. I wanted my first to be a boy, and it was. I wanted my second to be a girl, well another boy. So with the third I was like, it has to be a girl plzzz lol, well it was another boy hahaha

I mean people hope for whichever one they want. Most of the time they are just happy they have them. Not sometimes there is a bit of disappointment if it’s the opposite gender. Either from mom or dad.

I hoped mine was a boy only because we have all girls in my family, I ended up having a girl but definitely didn’t get disappointed and now I want another girl lol. They’re just super fun to dress up in pretty clothes, like having a real-life doll.

I think everyone is different and its natural to feel like youd prefer one sex over the other or just want a healthy baby in general reguardless of the sex. I wanted a girl. I longed for a girl. I have one daughter and im one and done. If i were to have another id want another girl…i have 4 nephews im not cut out to be a mom of boys :joy::see_no_evil:

I wanted a boy my first! Was a little disappointed but it didn’t last long honestly, I just wanted girl or boy for them to be happy and healthy!!

I wanted a girl so bad. I was genuinely distraught about it during my early pregnancy. I got a girl. I’d obviously love my child regardless but I don’t want any boys. I want alllll girls.

I have had 4 babies. I would love my baby either way, but I had a certain gender I would have liked for the last 3. For the first pregnancy, I didn’t have a preference, in fact we didn’t find out the gender ahead of time. Next, I wanted a girl to balance things out. 13 years later, we had baby #3. I wanted another daughter. Had a girl. #4, my son wanted a brother, my Husband wanted another boy. I preferred another girl because I wanted to be able to reuse her adorable clothes (lol), but hoped for a boy for our son so that he could have a baby brother. #4 was a boy.

I think everyone’s circumstances are different so you’ll get different answers but most men want a son to continue their lineage.

Hell yeah I cared! I knew if I had girls that turned out with an ounce of my attitude, I was fucked​:grimacing: And I got not 1 but 2​:woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming: I never did get my boy​:sob::sob::sob: And I made my husband get snipped after our second cause it’s all girls in my family anyway and that would be my dumb luck too​:sweat_smile: Keep trying and just have a house full of bitchy ass attitude all day, everyday​:flushed: Idk if we’ll all make it to them turning 18 without killing each other! Everyday is a battle of 1 kind or another and they both got attitude and mouth for days​:dizzy_face: I don’t think there’s anything wrong with hoping for 1 or the other but once you get whatever you get, you have to just come to terms with it and move on​:woman_shrugging: With my 2nd it took me a few weeks to not be sad but I knew that was my last and so that meant I would never get my boy, so it wasn,'t so much sad that she was gonna be a girl, just sad that we’ll never have the boy we always wanted.

I wanted a boy and got two girls but wouldn’t change it for the world

Depends on the person. My ex wanted a girl, not a boy, and I was terrified of raising a girl cause I was such a tomboy growing up. When I got pregnant with my husband, I didn’t care either way… but he was ecstatic it was a boy. Now we’re done with one of each. My friend just had her second girl, she was hoping for a boy.

My husband wanted girls with me. He already had sons. I only wanted BOYS!
He cried big baby tears when our first was a boy. I was jumping with glee. Then when we got pregnant again, he wanted the same. Guess what a baby girl. He’s so happy! I on the other hand cried like a big baby, wanted another boy.
Now we’re expecting another girl & I don’t even want him looking at me.

1 Like

With my first I wanted a girl, because I wanted that relationship I had with my mom with a daughter. Found out I was having a boy and didn’t care. Second pregnancy I cried because tradition in our family was twin girls when you were having twins, so happy to find out 1 was a boy lol.

I really wanted a boy first and then I was hoping the second was going to be a boy too but nope she is a girl and I’m ok with it now. I work at a daycare and know how sassy girls can be lol

Wanted a girl & got a girl. I’m good now :slight_smile:

I had gender disappointment with my second. I have 1 son (oldest) and my second is a girl. I was SO UPSET when we found out she was a girl. It’s a real thing. But, let me tell you as soon as she was born - anything that I feared about having a daughter or even a second child flew out the window and I was SO IN LOVE with her.

I knew both genders before I was told but I was excited to have my daughter first cause she was such a good baby I wanted another and got my son & I cried when they said I was having a boy cause I was excited that my dad was going to have a grandson. Turns out my dad doesnt care and walked away from us so he misses out on the 2 greatest gifts I could have ever givin him. But I love my kids to death their both wild & out spoken and heard headed just like their parents & grandparents.

I will love any child I have no matter what. However, I dream of all girls.

I always wanted boys. Now I have 3. Somedays I wish I had daughters but I’m glad I got my troublemakers.

I had a boy first pregnant that’s what I wanted. I wanted a girl had a stillborn. Got pregnant again and still wanted a girl turned out to be a boy. I was ok with that. Got pregnant again had a miscarriage. Got pregnant a month later and had another boy. Yes I wanted a daughter. I love all my boys to death but I’ll never have that bond with a daughter as a father has with his son. I was denied to have more children which the dr allowed me to have one more. I keep wondering if I never got fixed if I would have a girl now.

My first baby was a boy and I really wanted a boy, with my second pregnancy (which I’m currently having) I desperately wanted another boy because I could never see my life with a female child. I didn’t want a girl in any way shape or form. Second baby is a girl. I was so upset I called out of work. I cried for two weeks. I’m processing it, but I’m still not happy at all. A lot of people think it’s messed up but oh well. I’m unhappy with it. I never wanted this to be my life but that’s what it’s going to be. 🤷 What more can I say? I’m not having any more babies because of this. If I wound up with another girl I would lose my mind.

2 Likes

I wanted all boys but first boy, second girl, third boy…
Love all my kids with all my heart and wouldn’t change any for the world but was slightly sad when i was told my second was a girl but soon as I saw her beautiful face I was besotted by her she’s my princess

After going thru miscarriage with our first we were happy with either as long as we got to meet them​:blush::heart:

First child i wanted a boy so they would be big brother. 3 kids later and their all boys. Im pregmant with number 4 and again a boy. Dont think I’ll ever get that girl