Do you let your son play with nerf guns?

I have a question for all the boy moms out there. Are they ok with buying nerf guns for them? If yes, why and no why?

42 Likes

I donā€™t have a son but I have two daughters and they love playing with nerf guns

3 Likes

Yes I do and he love them It has all different kinds of them

1 Like

My son has about 20 nerd guns and our family plays together. We get into nerf gun wars all the time. He also knows to not shoot in the face or hit his little sister. I think itā€™s fun as long as youā€™re safe about it.

1 Like

Yes. Both boys & girl play with them. We have a no shooting face rule. Also canā€™t say stuff like im going to kill u type stuff.

Yes its just a toy mine know the difference and they know how to play the correct way with the for example no shooting anybody in the face or animals ever

Not a boy mom but a girl mom & my girl (7yrs) has several nerf guns. No face, no kitchen (fire hazard), no cat & no TV are the rules. Also what you shoot you have to pick up.

Yes, my kids love them.

Yes but never inside the house!!!
My son has literally broken a tv by tossing a nerf gun at it šŸ¤¦šŸ˜‚

My daughter has played with them since was 2 and she loves them :woman_shrugging:t2:

Yes, we allow our kids to have them. We have rules that need to be followed with them. One is no shooting people unless having a ā€œnerf gun warā€. If thatā€™s the case, no shooting near the face and only at participants. We have targets that my kids generally play with.
I donā€™t see a problem with them personally :woman_shrugging:t3: but to each their own.

Yup my son is 3 and plays with them. Like mentioned above we get into nerf gun wars fun for parents and kiddos haha. Just remind them of rules

1 Like

Lol :joy: we have more nerf guns than I can count 4 boys. Definitely yes. I have never had any boys through my house ( guests ) that didnā€™t play nerf wars.

My son is 4.5, he understands that he can hurt himself/someone else with them but I still havenā€™t bought him any & I ask family/friends to not buy them either until heā€™s older (prob until heā€™s 7) he does have a foam disk shooter but it shoots very slowly so nothing really like a nerf gun & we always have let him have water guns. Just canā€™t get people in the face with them.

I bought my son a Nerf gun not long ago, I always had a thing about toy weapons for kids but i think it all depends as to how you teach them to play with it and where, like not im certain areas od the house like kitchen. He uses other small toys to aim at and teaches him to concentrate ans be steady as to hit target.

Yes the whole family, including mom and dad, grandma and grandpa play with them. Just no face shots. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Yes!! Nerf guns are the best!!

1 Like

All my kids ( boys & girl) love them. We go after zombies and monsters and have great adventures playing with them.

My son has had nerf guns since he was old enough to hold them. Not old enough to ways load them I remember days of having to pull it back for him. We have rules with them, never have one pointed at yourself (while loading my son would often do this drive me crazy. )never shoot anyone unless they are armed with one to and itā€™s ā€œwarā€

We are also a pro firearm family. My kids learn gun safety from the beginning.

2 Likes

Yes, I buy my 8 and 12 year old nerf guns. Iā€™ve explained the dangerā€™s and rules, no face shots whatsoever or else no more nerf guns. Its worked.

My 4 year old DAUGHTER loves playing with them.

1 Like

My son is about to turn 5 in three days. I can not count the amount of nerf guns and bullets scattered around my house! Heā€™s getting the nerf rocket launcher for his birthday too. Nerf wars are a daily occurrence in our house.

Yes my son has them as well as my step son and we all have nerf wars but they know my rule with no head shots. Only stomach down. And they listen and its a nice family thing we can do.

Yes. All my children play with them. We do a ā€œyou canā€™t aim at the faceā€ rule. And canā€™t shoot at anyone that doesnā€™t have a nerf gun or foam sword or a shield or you know isnā€™t playing".

Yes because theyā€™re toys.

1 Like

No because my 2 boys simply donā€™t have an interest in em.but when my Neff brings his guns over they play w em. but donā€™t care to buy their own

yes our whole family has Nerf wars itā€™s actually really good for critical thinking because they have to think okay where can I hide how can I get around the corner to shoot momā€™s butt itā€™s also really good for hand-eye coordination too and learning how to aim

1 Like

My son have like 10 he loves to play with nerf gun! And why not
Let boys be boys!!!

Yes no head/face shots and they canā€™t be in point blank range either. They know the difference between real and fake guns

3 Likes

Yes we all have nerf guns and we make time every day to have a ā€œwarā€. My son is 5 and loves them.

1 Like

Yeah just not inside unless you got a basement n no valuables down there lol. My son has a collection of nerf guns

Iā€™ve got one daughter and I donā€™t let them in my house. I find them unnecessary and obnoxious, and everything gets lost sooner or later.

I started out parenting with a no gun policy. But then meant my kids couldnā€™t play with anyone. They all had nerf or water pellet pistols . I laced on the nerf guns but he couldnt play killing type games. I now feel itā€™s no different than snowball fights or dodgeball. It develops strategy & motor skills. Itā€™s more about how they play, who they play with than what they play with. Once it starts turning into gangster, killing type shit I shut it down.

My toddler girl plays with 1. If we do not show them what is right and wrong how can they grow to make the right and wrong choices. Playing with a fake toy is right. Playing with the real thing is not. I dont have guns and our laws arenā€™t as free as other countries.

2 Likes

I donā€™t understand the logic with old school thinking. Why wouldnā€™t it be ok? If you are being a parent and is giving your kids an education, rules and advice, thereā€™s no reason for your kids to turn into criminals and blame it all on nerf guns :joy:. Sorry but that even a subject I have to tell my mom about video games as well.

3 Likes

My 4 year old daughter loves hers it helps with aim and co ordination she also does archery and darts

1 Like

Yes yes yes. What kid doesnā€™t have a nerf gun

Yes maā€™am we have had Nerf wars girls and boys.

Yes, no hitting the face/head and no shooting at someone who doesnā€™t have a nerf gun

Yup we all do me my bf 12 year old and almost 5 year old. No face shots

Yes, my kids has a bunch of them

No my son is not allowed guns

Yes, itā€™s a good start to teaching them good gun safety

3 Likes

My boys and girls have them. Theyā€™re annoying but the kids have fun.

1 Like

I honestly donā€™t allow my boys but I did get one nerf gun for Christmas of spider man. But I donā€™t like those type of toys for my boys and they know.

1 Like

Yes as long as they dont shoot in the head or faceā€¦

We have wars as a family with them at my house, sometimes may or may not end in tears :joy::woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Iā€™m a girl mom of 2. But hoping to be a boy mom one day too. I never liked them bc my nephews like to use them as weapons. I do let my girls play with them from time to time with there dad. But they know the rule is not with mommy. As long as they use them safely and appropriately. Im ok with it.

We donā€™t right now, my sonā€™s only a year old, but weā€™ll get them next year probably.
I always had them growing up, me and my 3 bros loved them :joy: and my dad actually used to shoot my (close) friends so much when they would come in the door over, one of them asked if my dad thought she was annoying or something, it was just a sign of acceptance though :joy:

Nerf guns are alright in my house.

I have a daughter but yes. Our only rules are no headshots and no shooting the dogs :rofl:

42 Likes

Yep, have a bunch. My son is 4. He knows we only shoot at targets or trees. Knows to make sure no one else is around in the way. Good precursor to the bb gun.

1 Like

Nerf guns are super fun!

2 Likes

Yes we have a bunch of Nerf guns we play with our boys all the timeā€¦

Itā€™s all about teaching respect of ā€œgunā€ n following rulesā€¦
Itā€™s a great way to teach knowledgeā€¦

5 Likes

Lol is this a real question ? Why would you not let your kids playing with nerf guns? I mean seriously.

2 Likes

Yes my boys love nerf guns. We have nerf wars every Xmas nothing wrong with them having nerf guns.

1 Like

Yes its a toy. I had toy guns as a kid. Regular toy guns not nerf guns either. My kids know that real guns arenā€™t toys or get used to hurt others. They are for protection.

Yes, theyā€™re just nerf guns

1 Like

Iā€™m a girl mom and we have surprise Nerf gun fights in the house. No head shots. No shooting the dog. No shooting wine bottles.

1 Like

i have 3 daughters and buy them nerf guns, we have nerf gun wars all the time!

Yep, I get shot daily. Lol

3 Likes

Bought for my boys when they were younger and buy them for my girls. We as a family of 6 have nerf wars šŸ¤·šŸ˜‚

Lol hell yes. Infact we have nerf wars in our house. :rofl::joy::rofl::joy: girls, included.

Yes. We love them. We have nerf gun wars. No shooting in the face and If someone doesnā€™t have a gun you canā€™t shoot them. So much fun to do as a family.

Yes I let my son and daughter play with nerf guns because they are fun. We have nerf wars as a family

No bc heā€™s 1 and eats the darts lol. But we have them for my 7 year old daughter. She lives nerf guns, itā€™s a way for her and my husband to connect.

1 Like

Nerf wars are a favorite in our house

1 Like

Yes, nerf guns and lazer tag for my sons and daughter :grin:

We are a fun loving family nerf or real lol
We have them all
And yes my kids shoot both obviously one has way more supervision than the other and
The other well I get to shoot my kids and them still be okay lol they know the difference between
REAL GUNS
AND
PLAY GUNS
and thatā€™s vary important!!!
For any child
Everyone should practice gun safety even w fake guns but make it a lesson on how to use real guns and to know the difference between them

1 Like

Yes ā€¦one son 10 different nerf guns ā€¦kids love themā€¦so do some adults .

1 Like

I was a girl mom first, I was against them at first, my boy was 2 or 3 and my uncle introduced him to toy guns. He had no idea what to do with it. My uncle showed him, but he still didnā€™t ā€œget itā€. He liked it, but pushed it around in a doll stroller for the first little bit. Every time we were at my uncleā€™s house( he lived next door) my uncle would take out the toy gun and set up homemade targets(paper, cups, bottles) and they would aim and fire. Then my boy would ā€œmake it napā€ :joy:. My uncle taught him to never shoot anyone. Always be careful, and unload it when putting for a napā€¦ when he was 5 he got his own for our house( with my permission) when he was 6 or 7 he asked if he could go have a ā€œnerf warā€ with his friends. He told me they wore goggles, just in case, but never aimed at anyoneā€™s faces. He also said he knew the differenc ebetween play guns and real ones and he would never play with a real one. I couldnā€™t argue with that logic. He is 12 now and has a whole garrison of nerf guns and amo

My son isnā€™t allowed to play with any kind of toy guns (except for water guns as we live on a lake)

My three year old thankfully canā€™t pull the trigger on any of the nerf guns yet. But she does have a little handheld one that has only one dart that she can press the button on. It shoots maybe 3 feet. She loves it.

1 Like

My sonā€™s 3 and he has his own. We dont call it a gun its a ā€œdart blasterā€ to us. Lol. But we taught him to shoot at the walls or a target when his dad or i arenā€™t playing with him.

We had nerf guns for the kids its fun memories ā€¦as they got older they got pellet guns and we would set up targets In the garage for them all supervised buy me.and hubby good times ā€¦ we are a hunting family

1 Like

yes we do, but we have rules. (only head shots)

12 Likes

My son has had a pellet gun since he was 4. He was taught all gun safety even with burg guns. Boys need to be boys. Let em Jack shit up itā€™s how itā€™s always been.

Guns are not a joke. As long as they understand the differences between real and fake, I donā€™t see an issue with nerf guns. There is a time and a place to play with guns and they are to be kept up until that time. No head shots. Targets are a good thing to get them into shooting. I have been around guns my entire life and I think what saved me from the curiosity is that I was taught and shown what they are and what they do from a young age. I remember watching my grandpa clean his guns and him explaining what each thing was and what it did. I think I was around 7 when we started shooting bb gunsā€¦ Please momma just teach them the differences between real and fake.

3 Likes

We donā€™t have any. Iā€™m not necessarily against it, but I also know my youngest likes to throw the toys he already has and I just picture him chucking it right at the TV, or worse, the 5 year old and end up in the hospital. :upside_down_face: he has been getting better so maybe soon! Iā€™d love to have a nerf gun war with them. Lol

Yep! I have my own stash for weekend battles :joy:

3 Likes

Yes. We have have nerf wars too lol. With rules. No shooting anything that will break (tv etc), no hitting the face and not at the cat. Otherwise they will lose them.

4 Likes

Yes, and it opens up opportunities to talk about gun safety and the difference between toy guns and real guns. Nerf guns are also something my 5 year old and 17 year old can enjoy together.

2 Likes

Yes we all but the 2 year old joins in. Itā€™s family fun.

We have soo many nerf guns!!! Only rule, no head shots. Most days i load the gun im about to get shot withā€‹:woman_shrugging:t2::rofl:

6 Likes

Of course. Need wars are awesome

My girls play with nerf guns and shoot real guns. My oldest is 6 and my middle is going to be learning this year.

Gun safety and education is something EVERYONE should know, even if itā€™s just with toy guns

2 Likes

Uh yeah? Why wouldnā€™t I be?

Yes my boys love them. But no head shots or shooting the dog. I also hate that my dog chews up the nerf bullets constantly :grimacing: :woman_facepalming:

Yes. Donā€™t shoot each other in the face, and donā€™t shoot me or the dog.

1 Like

My son has a full arsenal of nerf weapons. It definitely helped with the gun safety talk and noting the difference between real and fake weaponry.

Yes I do. But we have 2 rules no face shots and no shooting the boys in their privates

Yes my boys have about 16 of them no head shots tho

My boys had an entire battalion of nerf guns when they were younger. #1 rule was always no shooting in the head/face. Having 2 boys close in age and wanting to ā€œdamageā€ their opponent when in war we also had to make rule 1B no shooting in the privates either. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It is so much fun having nerf gun battles with my step son! We do have rules, donā€™t shoot me while Iā€™m driving, donā€™t shoot the TV and donā€™t point at anyone not playing. If youā€™re concerned about real weapons talk to him about it.

1 Like

Yess buy the goggles made by nerf , they help protect the eyes.

1 Like

Yes but not shooting in the faceā€¦ and if someone says stop they are done then they need to stop. And the most important oneā€¦ pick up the bullets. I swear I find them everywhere

3 Likes

I let my daughter play with them :joy:

2 Likes

Of course!!! My son has tonssss of nerf guns. Heā€™s 5.

1 Like

Whatā€™s wrong with nerf guns?

4 Likes