Do you let your son play with nerf guns?

Yes!! 2 rule’s…no head shot’s. Must pick up the bullets before me. OTHERWISE, I keep them. He has to earn it back.

2 Likes

Nerf guns, yes just no head shots.
Pretend “real” guns, no. I want my kids to respect a real firearm and if they’re ever around a real one they will know how to distinguish and properly handle it.

1 Like

Nerf guns are equally fun between them and us :joy: dont shoot the pets and no shooting in the face

2 Likes

Have two seven year old grandsons they have a bunch at my house and a bunch of each of their houses only you ain’t allowed to shoot in the face

1 Like

Yes its boys but no face shots and no dog shots

1 Like

“Boy mom” garbage aside, toys don’t have genders, I let my kids play with nerf guns and slingshots all the time.

2 Likes

Yes, but you have to teach them to treat it as if it was a real gun. So when they get older they know the rules and how to handle live ammo

My boys are all older I’m 15 17 and 18 so they don’t play with them however when they were younger we had a complete arsenal in this house of Nerf guns. We had 2 rules. No face shots and you can not shoot in others privates.

I bought a lot of like 70 nerf guns off fb marketplace for my children. Ages 1,2 ,3,4,5,12,13,15
They love em.
4 girls 4 boys

Sure why not ? Its up to the parent to ensure they know the difference in a real and a fake gun. If they cant tell the difference then someone failed at that job…tou weapons do not promote violence bad or lack of parenting does. Teach them weapons that are real are off limits. Weapons that are toys are fine with rules. We’ve got nerf guns BB guns airsoft guns laser guns and they’ve shot real guns. They know the difference and they come from a family of hunters on both sides. While you can attempt to limit that in your own home 9 out of 10 tens they’ll play with toy weapons ar a friends home or elsewhere. Better to teach them then to shelter them.

1 Like

Yuppers :blush: We have family nerf gun fights it’s awesome & the kids love it :heart:

1 Like

Speaking as a boy mom and a girl that loved Nerf guns, yes we buy them and have a blast shooting each other!!

i have girls and they play with them by brother or my parents bought for them.

I have 2 and 4 year old boys, they both love their nerf guns :rofl:

I’m a girl mom… what a silly thing to ask “boy moms”… not only do we have nerf guns but she got a real hot pink .22 for her 5th birthday :wink:

3 Likes

Yes but they can be dangerous. So teaching them no head shots! Last summer my sons friend shot him in face with nerf bullet and it split his forehead open. He had to get stitches. While yes there mainly soft, its about the velocity that the impact at

My son has a ton of them, he’s 7 but my 1 year old daughter likes to play with them also. We just have the rule of no shooting in the face or private parts.

2 Likes

I think they’re fine you just have to teach them about consent when playing. They can’t shoot anyone who doesn’t want to play nerf wars, don’t shoot the cats, at electronics etc. but that goes with any rough play. When someone says no you stop or you don’t get to play with it anymore.

Yes my 3 year old loves his, he knows no head shot, don’t point at his face or anyone’s face and no shooting the dog… now if I could get my fiance to understand the first 2 rules life would be perfect lol

My daughter have loads of them. They are sooo fun we used to have neighbourhood games with the neighbours.

Nope he was missing with it and hurt his self . ps hes 3 year old.

Yes. Just not in the house. And no shotting people in the face. Make ground rules first

Definition of boy mom is loading the nerf gun you know you’re about to get shot with :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Was ok with it until my son stuck a thumb tack on the end and shot it at me

3 Likes

I bought my BIL (11) 3 nerd guns. Him, me, and my husband had a nerf gun war for his birthday

All our kids have them and love them.

Mine are 13 11 and 9 and have quite an arsenal of nerd guns, BB guns, air assault guns, and bows and arrows. The oldest gets his first rifle for Christmas this coming year. Any guns… toy or real… are treated like actual guns. My 9 year old knows how to clean the BB guns with his eyes closed. They know if they want to shoot at the targets out back, they need a parent with them. And the real guns only get used for hunting or at the range.

2 Likes

I’m not the mum of boys. But I do have a daughter who likes nurf guns and water pistols too. You can put rules into place and teach them respect (dont shoot in the face. If somebody says stop we stop etc etc)

My 5 and 8 year old both play with them and love them! I just set ground rules about shooting them. No aiming for the face, shoot at a distance so it wont hurt, etc…

My step dad got them for my nieces when they were kids
But they practiced “gun SAFTEY”

And the biggest rule was no shooting at anyone unless you had eye protection. And all the other basic gun rules.

I wanted to laugh at this question at first but I am soon to be a boy mom and I had a friend get shot by his “bestfriend” his freshman year of Highschool. So gun saftey is huge to me and I think kids should know and learn guns are not toys. We are big gun advocates.

I’m going to be that mom that won’t support cops and robbers.
Too many accidents happen when kids find guns and think they are toys. Kids can be kids but guns are not toys.

Nerf guns are fun and as long as they know the difference.

It’s a tricky thing really.
It’s also up to adults to keep their guns locked up at all times. But to me it’s never to early to learn gun saftey.

It would take one irresponsible adult to leave a gun out and the kid find it and point it and shoot because that’s what they do.

Yes, because it’s ridiculous not to. Both my kids have them.
My kids are taught regular gun safety because we’re hunters.

Yes. My oldest is 7. He’s only allowed to play with them outside and as of right now only allowed to “shoot” at targets.
Why do we let him…

1. He’s special needs, we do as much as we can to let him have and do things that help him connect with peers, while still balancing his additional needs.
  2. He has a partially paralyzed left arm, fully paralyzed left hand. Nerf guns force him to use his arm as much as he can. In a way that he doesn’t see it as therapy or “work”

Yup, my son and daughter have them, they’re just not allowed to shoot in the face or at the animals.

I don’t have a problem with my kids having a nurff gun just as long as they look nothing like a real one. My kids know what a real gun looks like they also know that it is very dangerous and to never touch one. We have also let them shoot a real gun under adult supervision so that they know why it’s so dangerous. So to them a nurff gun is simply a toy

1 Like

I let both my girls. Great way to start learning gun safety. Just make sure everyone has safety glasses!

Yes and I hate them the baby keeps finding nerf bullets everywhere and chews them :tired_face: fwp

Yes and sometimes you just need to shoot your kids in the butt cheeks :joy:

5 Likes

I have 5 kids 4 are boys we love them me and my partner both get in their aswell but I suggest getting eye protection we had a couple of sore eyes because of them shooting each other in the face

1 Like

Yes 5 boys here just no head shots and close range shots :woman_shrugging: even though they do the sneaky sometimes

We have every. single. one. with one rule. Don’t shoot above the shoulders.

1 Like

Yes but no shooting in the face area and I do have face mask for him to wear when he plays with other kids just in case.

My son has nerf guns and even a practice bow which he KNOWS is not a toy and only gets to shoot at a target outside with mommy and daddy helping him.

Yep, no head shots and no hitting me with the damn gun :joy:

Yes he goes outside and sees how far he can shoot it and in the house he usually shoots it at the door or the wall sometimes he will shoot at us but just have to remind him no shooting in the face

Just remember no matter what gender your child is you will load the nerf gun you’re about to get shot with. My son just got like 7 for Christmas with hundreds of darts and balls. I’ve been finding darts and balls in random places for weeks.

Yes cause its a frikin toy…

1 Like

Yes my oldest loves nerf stuff… just no shooting anyone in the face, no shooting little siblings, and don’t wave it around loaded or not

I have a 3 year old and he loves them. We call them sleepy dart blasters cause that’s what they call them on Trex Ranch. It’s his favorite YouTube channel.

Yes!!! But we encourage no face shots … encourage doesn’t mean they don’t still do it… the grown boys often play too! Mostly harmless fun and honestly if someone gets a little hurt that’s got it’s advantages too. Helps them learn to be a little less sensitive everyone someone bumps them.

Hell no. My kid is an animal. Lol He’s only 4 though.

1 Like

Yes! 9yo boy and 3yo girl. No shooting each other from close range, no headshots and no shooting in the kitchen or at my plants or anything breakable :laughing: those are the rules!

1 Like

No gun toys for my boys. Me and their dad always agreed on that right off the bat.

My rules are no head shots no close shots and you can not shoot some one or even point a gun at them if they don’t have a nurf gun in their hands

I waited because i didn’t want them playing with guns or thinking they can shoot people but we made targets and had a nerf war… They had a blast and attacked me lol… I had to get them lil turkeys back… Mom 1 boys 0 :joy::joy::joy:

Yes! Just no shooting the head.

i will be when they are a bit older (they’re only 22 months and 4 months). there’s a difference between toy guns and real guns.

Yes but they know not to aim above the chest.

When my son is old enough I will buy him a nerf gun and when my son’s old enough I’ll teach him how to shoot a paint ball gun .

I don’t allow any gun type toys in my house unless it’s water guns that they play with in our pool.

Yess both my boys have nerf guns they are 8 and 4 they also have nerf masks just in case a face shot happens

Not yet… only because I don’t want to be cocking them all the dang time.

2 Likes

Yes… My girls are allowed just like I was as a child, My bonus kids are allowed also but only just lol :wink::joy:

Yes we have family wars :woman_shrugging:t3:
My oldest kids are 8 and turning 6.

1 Like

My daughter is 5. She has lots of nerf guns. At family get together it turns into a free for all. She was taught not to shoot at people’s faces or anything that looks like it can break. She loves them.

1 Like

Why not lol, my kids and I have wars! All tho the ball guns are painful we don’t use those :joy:

Yep and I play with him too :joy:

Oh yeah. We have lots here. Since the babies came along we have taken out the darts because accidents happen. All the toy guns we have, nerf or not, are brightly colored as to not be confused for a real one. They make a good reference to gun safety as the kids get older too.

We have a huge collection. I have a rule that they have to very colorful and nothing that resembles a real gun. It’s a matter of teaching what is a toy and what is not. Our real guns are put away in safes.

We do nurf wars in my house !!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: my kids love choosing who’s on what team lol

2 Likes

Yes, my boys all have nerf guns, bb guns, shotguns, and rifles. They were also all taught gun safety and to always treat a gun as if it is loaded. They have hunted the meat we eat and grown the fruit and vegetables we eat.

2 Likes

Yes, they have a blast! I join in with them. We will have the wars in the house. It is such great fun.

Yes, my son is 3 and has so many i cant keep track of them all 🤦🏻 however we make sure they are treated as “real guns” as in we dont allow to just aim and fire at people/animals we “practice” on dads deer skulls on the wall ONLY allow hitting people if were having a nerf war lol. we allow it because a) where were from hunting is a huge sport (especially in dads family everyone is into hunting/fishing and many do pro shooting through the local gun clubs great grandpa actually was a pro gun and archery shooter) b) because i personally feel better teaching gun safety with them rather than all if a sudden a kid having a bb gun or other real gun and having no idea what is and isnt safe to do with them or to handle them. My 3 year old knows we only point them at each other when we are all playing and that if someone says theyre done playing that means no more aiming at them. He also know we do not allow pointing them at ourselves nor our pets. However when theres a deer in the field outback he does grab them and try to “shoot the deer” because he has been talked to about hunting by every man on dads side since birth :joy: he cannot wait to get out in the woods with the big guys.

1 Like

My daughter is 5 and LOVES her nerf guns

Yeah, it’s just a toy. He has about 6, he can shoot targets or have a war. Loves them

Yep. My 11 year old son plays with them. Why? Well, why not, they’re fun. I play with him occasionally and we have wars, running around the house shooting at each other.

My teen has a bunch of them. We set up targets and he practices his aim. Plus he has fun with nerf wars with his friends.

We have tons of nerf guns

1 Like

Yes and the box of 200 bullets… game on boys!!!

Ots fun when the whole family has nerf gun wars!!

Yes. They’re fun. You can teach your kids that they are toys. There is a reason they’re not black or brown.

Nerf wars are so much fun!!!

Just got my 5 year old son his first Nerf gun this past Christmas, he loves it. We did have to buy Nerf face shields after the first couple days because he hit his older sister in the face by accident, but she wants one now for wars :joy:

My boy ain’t old enough to have one as he’s bout to be 1 but my four girls loves them they know where not to shoot and they have to be in their room.

Yes. He even went to the annual Nerf Gun War at the Dallas Cowboys Stadium every year.

I don’t mind him playing with them but they are a no in my small apartment, so I don’t buy them for him.

1 Like

Why is this question only directed at boys/boy moms. Nerf guns are fun for anyone. Rather sexist in my opinion :rofl:

4 Likes

My 3 yr old has nerf guns, but we have a rule that he doesn’t point guns at people or animals.

3 Likes

Son used to. But now daughter loves them

Girl mom here. Yes. But we have inside and outside bullets lol

Well my son has a ton of nerf guns and so does one of my daughters… They are fun just no shooting the face

We have an armory. And we have family war! Just follow gun safety when playing.

My boy is recently three and is already rocking it. Loading, aiming and knows not to point near anyone’s face.

Yes. I use to be against any play guns

My nephew is 3 and he is OBSESSED with Nerf guns. He is allllll boy. I loves having Nerf gun wars in his room. He is a little hunter in training though so he is going to be taught gun safety for real guns. If you familiarize them and teach them how to respect guns from a young age, they’ll grow up respecting guns and properly use them. My boyfriend is an avid hunter and a fisherman and always teaches him about guns and gun safety. We bought my nephew five nerf guns for his birthday beginning of last month… :joy::woman_shrugging:t2:

Nerfs yes but not any guns that are realistic looking. We shoot (real guns) and he MUST understand gun safety and purpose. So we ensure there is a distinct difference between a nerf and real guns

We do not allow toy guns yet, simply bc he isn’t old enough at 3 to understand the difference between guns being a toy or being real. When hes older, yes.

2 Likes

My sons almost out of nerf phase, now he has a wooden katana, same rules apply. Play weapons are for indoors only. Never for outside play.

My son has them. The only thing I have taught him, with them, is to not point at people or the animals we have. Other than that, have fun🤷🏼‍♀️

4 Likes

Nerf isnt allowed in my house

1 Like

I let my girl play with them. Good for hand-eye coordination. Harmless.
Teach her we don’t point at people.

2 Likes