Do you think the weird things my kid is doing could be related to our roomate?

I have 4 kids aging from 13 to 1 my oldest 3 don’t live with me just my 1 year old an im currently pregnant. My boyfriend let this lady he knows move in with us kind of like a mother/grandmother figure she moved in back in April now me an my boyfriend are not the type of parents to kiss our kids on the mouth or any type of open mouth kiss our kids I do judge parents who do kiss there kids on the mouth just not my preference since this lady has moved in my 1 year old has started litterly trying to stick his tongue in my mouth constantly I’ve never had this issue before ever with my other kids also he developed this weird foot fetish where I thought he was trying to bite my toes until I woke up to him literally sucking on my toe just now also when he’s sleeping on his stomach he will start humping in his sleep which I know some kids just do but again I have never experienced this with my other kids I also know all kids are different but I’m starting to get a strange feeling that something isn’t right also I do not like this women me an her have gotten into it several times over dumb stuff an also over me saying what is or isn’t ok for my son to do or be done with him, I have not actually caught anything to be suspicious about but my gut is starting to tell me other wise am I over reacting to normal kid stuff cause of my personal feelings towards this woman or do I have a reason to be worried?

163 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Do you think the weird things my kid is doing could be related to our roommate?

Well if you even have a tiny suspension then kick her out seriously

15 Likes

It could just be a phase but always trust your gut.

4 Likes

Is she ever alone with your child? If that’s unavoidable maybe get a nanny-cam?

3 Likes

Always trust what you feel

3 Likes

GET HER OUT A.S.A.P.
GO with your GUT feeling!!!

2 Likes

You stated all of this but not once did you state that she does any of the things that he’s doing! How is she the blame? I think that you just don’t like her so you’re looking for something to hold against her!!

12 Likes

I would definitely trust your gut. You’re mom you know

2 Likes

I mean sounds 100% normal for a 1 year old lol but also trust your gut if you’re worried.

5 Likes

Those are strange behaviors. For the fact you had it out with her before, she’s disrespecting you and your home. Get rid of her! Until then don’t leave her alone with your child!!! Don’t think your son isn’t picking up on the tension between you.

There is somthing happening to this child

1 Like

I feel like everything you’re saying your son does is pretty common. However if you feel uncomfortable with that woman being there then always trust your gut. Kick her out. That’s a risk you don’t want to take with your kids. It’s better to be safe than sorry.

12 Likes

First off dont let random people live in your house where your kids live and second if you even have a hint of a feeling that something isnt right then kick her ass out al not even go into the fact that you only have 2 kids living with you but are pregnant again :see_no_evil:

It could be normal behavior BUT if you have any feeling something is wrong pay attention to it. I would never let your child around her alone. Maybe move crib in with you temporary.

2 Likes

Always go with your gut feeling. ALWAYS!

3 Likes

Why do people let random people move in with them? That’s the first problem. Kick her out. No other woman should be living in your home🤷‍♀️

19 Likes

Protect your kids at any cost. Trust your gut.

1 Like

Get rid of the roommate. Not a great idea to keep her -

1 Like

Get rid of her ! And don’t leave them alone with her !

1 Like

When babies kiss back it’s usually mouth open, bouncing back and forth on stomach again normal playing and sucking on their own feet normal, at that age anything goes straight to the mouth, if you have a problem with her kick her out, if your so scared she’s doing things to your baby what’s stopping you? If you raised your children you would think you would know all of the things you mentioned are things babies do.

Our of my 5kids I’ve never experienced or herd of this behavior before I would definitely be concerned these are not normal behavior

4 Likes

Always trust your gut

1 Like

Trust ya gut. She needs to go.

1 Like

Has she been alone with your kids to do stuff to them even? You havent mentioned this

3 Likes

She has to go ASAP call the cops and get her as far away from him as you can

1 Like

Your gut instinct is usually right! Get her out ASAP.

5 Likes

I need more details. As for the French kissing part, how often do you and your boyfriend kiss in front of son? A lot of times kids imitate what they see.

10 Likes

I’m one to always go with my gut. Momma always knows best.

1 Like

Get her out of the house! ASAP and get your kid to the pediatrician. Red flags :triangular_flag_on_post:

1 Like

Also it’s a VERY good idea to set up cams - hidden and don’t tell your boyfriend. Not so sure I’d trust him either

13 Likes

Has baby been watching TV to see this stuff? You might need to monitor what your year-old is watching/has access to.

6 Likes

Trust ur gut … u know ur child… if she is causing issues get rid of her from ur home…
The behaviour is not really normal … he must be learning things from somewhere…

5 Likes

If your baby is 1 I’m going to assume he’s a baby and doing these things is normal but if your other kids come and go what they see in other homes and do at your could be what the child is seeing I think your letting not liking this woman around you or your kid get the best of you… you and bf need to talk about it kids are weird lol regardless if they was normal the night before kids are fascinated with their mouth that’s why they put everything in it :rofl:

Trust your instinct. Protect those babies. I was told several times I was in the wrong for trusting my instinct but found out I was right.

8 Likes

My girls are 15 and almost 11, one thing I’ve learned is to NEVER question your Mama gut feelings.

8 Likes

I’d say go with your gut! If you think something isn’t right deal with it now rather than later x

4 Likes

Honestly the sucking on toes part doesn’t sound right to me that’s for sure . I mean I’ve never seen or heard of kids doing this . Only to there own feet . So I mean maybe it’s something kids do but I’ve never heard of this doing to other people. I find it really odd . And kissing on the mouth tf no i personally don’t see anything wrong with it to a degree if it’s the parent . But to someone else ugh . That is just weird . And she should not be overstepping and saying things when it comes to your child . But at same time you can’t just because you don’t like her thinking she’s doing something. It could be. But it could be anyone he’s around. When it comes to children. You should never trust anyone. Don’t just assume he’s learning it just from her . It could be her or anyone else for that matter .

I really hope you don’t allow this lady to babysit or have your child in an area your not.

Those aren’t normal behaviors and I woulf be VERY concerned.

6 Likes

Always Trust your gut momma !!

3 Likes

If you have to ask,guess what! Xo

Is he imitating something he sees going on between you and bf? Or maybe he’s seeing something when you are not home between your bf and this lady.
Make her leave

11 Likes

TRUST YOUR GUT. Get rid of her

1 Like

I stopped reading at a certain point. I have a 1 year old… Who does all that shit :sweat_smile:
He thinks its hilarious cuz he gets a rise outta me.

Set up a nanny cam . Throw her ass to the curb

Trust your gut. Something isn’t right.

3 Likes

Has your baby seen you kiss your boyfriend? My daughter did this because she had seen my husband kiss me. I just gently taught her that only mommy and daddy kiss on the lips that cheeks were special for babies to kiss.

Best get her out just for the fact too…that after 3 months of her living in ur home…it becomes her “established” residence and you will have to pay to have her evicted. Law here in Texas anyway.

2 Likes

There seems to be a lot of details being left out of this story… If she’s never been alone with your child, it’s probably not her. The timing may be suspicious, but I highly doubt anything is going on with her directly if your child has never been left unattended with her. Does your child sleep in your bed? Are you and your boyfriend intimate when your child is in the room? Has your child walked in on you and your boyfriend being intimate? The child is most likely imitating what they’ve seen or are being exposed to. If you just don’t like the lady, say so and kick her out. Don’t try to make her seem like she’s a shady old lady if she’s not.

14 Likes

I’m trying to figure out why this lady is to blame can we please have that information

4 Likes

Get her the F OUT. GO WITH YOUR GUT

1 Like

Follow your Momma intuition. It’s always right.

2 Likes

Go with your gut and do not leave your child alone with her

3 Likes

While this is not abnormal behaviors, even for children who do see these things happening, if you are uncomfortable with her there and she has shown to be a bit off putting to you, you have every right to have her leave. But these are not common behaviors, they’re not uncommon. Kids see things on tv us adults turn a blind eye to all the time. They see people outside their homes do these things and imitate them. And, the biggest culprit, they’re curious. For example: one of mine liked to suck on her thumb. Then she tried her toes. We told her not her feet. So she tried other people’s toes. She thought it was hilarious. So we had the talk about respecting other people’s bodies and about bacteria that can grow on feet or end up on feet from wearing flip flops. She stopped, but randomly tries again, but always tells us first because “we shouldn’t touch someone else with any part of ourselves without their permission.” Best of luck to you!

Showing signs of something is happening behind your back kids are taught they don’t see or do it because they want too better to make her leave than something that actually can ruin your child life there’s females that molest kids too remember that once it’s to late you will regret it

6 Likes

Get a camera system and dont tell her figure out whats going on press charges if something comes of it

4 Likes

Get that person OUT OF YOUR HOUSE NOW.

3 Likes

Because of my personal experience, I think something is happening to your child. Kissing you with his tongue when you don’t even kiss him on the lips is a big sign right there. When I was like 6 I tried doing the same exact thing to my dad once, because a neighbor the same age as me was doing those things to me. But they ignored the signs and they still don’t even know what was happening to me to this day. Don’t ignore your gut and the signs. Put up a camera and watch her closely!

2 Likes

You didn’t think it was weird when the boyfriend wanted to move another woman in as a “mother/grandmother figure”?

23 Likes

Better write Dear Abby.

WHAT THE FUCK? Where is the question here. ?!? why even question it .
Take your child to a doctor, explain your concerns and kick that bitch OUT, ASAP. Children’s safety and well being come FIRST. Fuck her feelings and if your boyfriend doesn’t like it fuck his feelings too.

Show her the door. Way too many weirdos out here

3 Likes

Trust your gut! And after the first time she tried to argue with you about what your child can and can’t do I would have kicked her out
It’s your baby not hers you make the rules!

3 Likes

One year olds usually give wet, open mouth kisses. Or he could be mimicking what he sees you and bf do (they see more than you think they do).
Idk about the toe thing. When my youngest daughter was about 3 I was dating a guy and at his family thanksgiving lunch and she insisted on repeatedly licking my arm instead of eating :joy: Maybe its an attention or comfort thing :person_frowning:
If you have any doubts that your child is safe you need to take steps to remedy the situation. Whether it be her moving on or you.

2 Likes

Trust your gut. Always

2 Likes

Kids quickly learn from what they see, hear, and feel. So I would say he’s learning this behavior from someone or the tv. If they are alone with her Or anyone else I would look into it. Check history on websites…definitely follow your instincts. Better safe than sorry.

1 Like

Always trust your gut and install cameras in your home.

4 Likes

My 1 year licks my feet. I have to redirect him. And he is learning how to kiss ( we do forehead kisses or cheek) so he sticks his tongue out licks and sucks at the same time. But it’s only us in the house. If your gut is saying something is wrong, go with your gut.

Kids kissing people in the mouth should definitely be monitored by the parents, especially if it’s something you don’t practice yourself. It doesn’t matter if the woman thinks it is innocent, there are weirdos out there and germs. The woman should respect your parenting rules for your children in your house. The toe sucking thing might just be the child, not necessarily the woman.

All children are different and you are probably imagining stuff

2 Likes

Get her out of your house or leave … Period

2 Likes

Get cameras don’t tell her or your bf because if he knows he might tell her

3 Likes

Show her the door, just like u did your other kids. :woman_facepalming:

15 Likes

Why are you allowing another woman to co-parent with you…

3 Likes

Always trust your gut mama

2 Likes

He’s a 1 year old…… :woman_facepalming: they lick things, stick crap in their mouth they shouldn’t, chew on things… some of the most absurd questions on this page…

8 Likes

Trust your gut feeling ! She needs to go !

2 Likes

That is sexual abuse

2 Likes

Talk to your pediatrician

1 Like

Trust your gut momma! It’s YOUR BABY!!! If the feeling is there she needs to go…no proof needed…

Love how u say I do judge parents who kiss their kids on the mouth. Well I judge parents who don’t have their children in their home. I judge parents who let a stranger move into their home.

41 Likes

I think it’s weird that you’re pregnant and have 4 kids but you only live with 1 :woman_shrugging:t2: also weird that you let your bf move in some old lady. Lots of weird stuff going on here, but a kid humping and licking stuff is the least weird to me. Bc kids are weird and do weird things. Maybe move the old lady out and your kids in

28 Likes

Go with your gut. I, d be checking things out

1 Like

Maybe move the lady out and move your kids in? You’re worried about the wrong shit lady.

If you truly believe something is not right then something may be up. Us parents know our children better than anyone else. Have you spoke to your boyfriend about your feelings and if I had already got into with this woman about my son she would find herself in the street faster than she can blink. I have kicked family members staying with me out over my children.

3 Likes

Everytime my 1 year old goes to give me a kiss she sticks her tongue out, I think its normal…

3 Likes

Never just let some random woman live w you!
I’d also want to be 100% sure any places your kids going- daycare, families, friends etc is good. I hope that baby is safe…
Call cps tell em your concerned with his behaviors explain all that when cps comes out make that lady stay there to talk to then KICK HER OUT
not everyone belongs in your home!!

Some of y’all are judgey. Maybe the other kids with dad for whatever reason she doesn’t owe you. Maybe the needed help financially so they got a roommate.,

I would go with your gut even if it’s nothing.

4 Likes

Get cameras but a lot of that is normal all kids are different

6 Likes

Always go with your gut. Maternal instinct is a real thing and 9/10 its right.

5 Likes

get rid of him and her

5 Likes

If your not sure she is doing something to your child, that means you’re obviously leaving your child unattended with her (someone you said you don’t like) why are you leaving your child unattended with her? If you don’t like her, why do you allow her in your home in the first place?

18 Likes

Trust your gut sadly

2 Likes

Get her out of your house and away from your child. Leave your child only with people you trust. Good luck with your pregnancy x

2 Likes

Idk who’s laughing at this but always trust your gut. Big difference between gut feelings and other things. Kick that lady out. Better safe than sorry.

12 Likes

My two year old still “humps” when he’s getting comfortable. My one year old bites my toes because I say “ouuuch!” And he thinks it’s funny. He also sticks his tongue out when he’s giving kisses. Why? No freakin idea. But considering I’ve been away from him for one night his entire life, there’s not an ice cubes chance in hell that those actions are from some type of sexual abuse. If you don’t like the lady enough to think something like this of her, she needs to get the heck out of your house. If you don’t trust someone, don’t have them around your kid. Period.

15 Likes

I find it odd your older kids don’t live with you but you allow a total stranger in your home. Maybe you’re the problem…

23 Likes

ALWAYS ALWAYS follow your instincts!

Trust your gut! Not respecting your parenting is a red flag. Lay your rules straight. Tell her you don’t care how she feels he’s not her child. Put up cameras through the house & never leave her alone with him ever! Start the eviction process. Tell her & your roommate she needs to go as you never agreed with her living there & she starts fights with you. Then file eviction through the courts. If she leaves you can drop the eviction. If she doesn’t youre already started.

Lot going on in your post my friend, you have 4 children, only 1 lives with you " not judging but ummmm🙄" you allowed a STRANGER to live amongst your BABY! NO WAY would that ever happen in my house, you WOKE up to a 1 year old sucking on your toe “not in a crib?” Just up and running or whatever while your asleep? You got to much GOIN on to answer 1 QUESTION

1 Like