Does it mean my husband doesn't care about my if I took my wedding ring off and he didn't notice?

I decided a few days ago to take my wedding ring off to see how long it takes my husband to notice… it has been 4 days and he hasn’t noticed it at all… Does he even care??? He hasn’t worn his ring in years and I’ve mentioned to him numerous times how I feel about it… maybe the end is near

76 Likes

“I’m going to take my ring off JUST to see if he notices and get upset when he doesn’t then assume he doesn’t love me” :roll_eyes: Don’t manipulate your man like that. Either there’s trust of there’s not. Not all men notice the small things.

50 Likes

Sounds petty, and a tad toxic.
Why the games?

19 Likes

I don’t wear my wedding rings because they don’t fit. My husband always wears his. I would never just take mine off because I want to see if he notices, that’s just weird imo. Sounds like you’re not sure about your marriage and you need to talk to him about it. I hope it works out. Rings are just one small symbol of what marriage is. There’s so much more. Communication is the most important!!

34 Likes

Yes, it means he wants a divorce :roll_eyes:

Seriously, this is toxic… grow up.

19 Likes

Nah, I’m the most loyal person you will ever meet and I forget my wedding rings about half the time. My husband forgets to put his on a lot too. Marriage is much more than a ring.

17 Likes

Men usually don’t pay that close attention to things like that. It takes them a minute.
P.S. Playing games unnecessarily are a sure fire way to get your feelings hurt.

85 Likes

My husband could honestly care less if I wear my ring or not! That being said, he is an AMAZING husband…so him not caring about what I wear means nothing

16 Likes

Meh…just a ring. My husband and I both forget to put them on sometimes…it’s more you thinking that not wearing a ring signals the end that I see as an issue.

12 Likes

My husband never wears his ring. I honestly don’t even think he knows where it is. I wear mine when I remember. We are still happily married.

1 Like

So hold up, YOU took YOUR ring off to deliberately see if HE would notice and now YOU’RE mad that HE hasn’t noticed yet?
Aka…you made yourself mad…for what reason?
This is childish. If you’re unhappy and looking for a reason to leave, just leave - because let me tell ya, when someone asks “oh why did you and __ split up?” And you answer with “I took my ring off for _ days and he didn’t notice so I left” is not the excuse you want to say… That’s shameful. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

My late husband took his did all the time. He was a GM for papa John’s and he didn’t wear it preparing food I joked and teases but I understood. I had ti take mine off my last pregnancy. After 4 days I asked if he noiced anything different with my hands…. “Ya they look like little sausages !!!” lol. He always said what ever popped into his head lol. I laughed and I mentioned my rings. And he looked at me and said “baby you’re almost ready to pop and you look like the marshmallow man. I love you with or without your rings on.”

I almost buried him with his ring but I didn’t. I have it with mine in my jewelry dish for now. We have two small boys. I’m going to do something special with them later on.

6 Likes

Don’t play games with your marriage and husband. You should ask him if he noticed instead of whining on Facebook to people who don’t know you or your situation

5 Likes

Or he doesn’t feel the same about wedding rings that you do and is fine that you’re not wearing it. Or it’s one of those things he’s so used to seeing it that it hasn’t registered that you’re not wearing it.

5 Likes

Well. Maybe he does care but he knows he cant say anything because he doesn’t wear his? Or its possible he knows ur playing this game and isnt going to give u the satisfaction. Imo, when u enter a marriage, its time to stop playing games. U gotta talk in a marriage and trust each other. Playing games won’t get u far. I promise. Just talk to him. Make sure when u bring it up it’s coming from a place of love rather than anger or frustration so it doesn’t turn into a argument

3 Likes

Or you could stop playing these types of games where you’re the only one playing and maybe you will get somewhere. Who’s to say he didn’t notice and is trapped in his own head about it? These types of tests only ever cause issues. If you have a problem be an adult and talk about it

5 Likes

Don’t be childish then post it on Facebook to validate your insecurities through complete strangers. Try having a conversation with your husband. Maybe his ring is uncomfortable, maybe he can’t wear it for work, maybe he doesn’t like jewelry. Talk to him and find out! Taking yours off to see if he notices is just playing games and hurting your own feelings. You’re better than that.

2 Likes

The end is near because he didn’t notice you’re not wearing the ring? Sounds like your looking for excuses to end it at this point

My husband and I always wear our rings, so if one of us didn’t the other would notice. With that said, every marriage is different, some people just never wear rings, maybe it’s just not a big deal to him because he doesn’t wear his own so he figures he has no place to say anything about you not wearing yours? Only you and your husband know what it means (if anything) so ask him.

1 Like

Most men wouldn’t notice something that’s stuck to their nose… This question is wild! You’re the problem

4 Likes

I’ve been married 27 years my husband hasn’t worn his in years. I know he’s committed to our marriage. I don’t wear my ring either it doesn’t mean I’m not committed to our marriage either. Doesn’t change the fact that we are married and aren’t committed to eachother. It’s just a material thing to me. :woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

If I took my ring off, my husband would definitely notice within a half of a second.

7 Likes

So you made up an imaginary contest that he does not know he’s a part of. You’re breaking your own heart. Silly.

4 Likes

My husband has never worn his due to safety or getting it caught on machinery or scratching his jobs but wears it on his necklace which inside his shirt I don’t even think about it anymore except for the fact I spent so much on it I could have bought a cheaper one lol I wear mine but it’s habit I never take it off in 18 years . To be honest people fancy married people they get attracted to people who are married with rings so with it or without it if they won’t to cheat the ring doesn’t stop anyone.

2 Likes

Are you 12? Knock it off with the stupid games.
And if he doesn’t want to wear his ring, who cares. It doesn’t make you less married.

3 Likes

All in all this sounds epically childish, what a silly game to play. You didn’t state his reasoning for not wearing it and it could be several reasons why some not so bad and others very bad but i as a wife don’t see a reason to ever remove my ring! Even when I needed to remove it for my surgery, it remained. The only reason it’s ever left my finger is the be polished and a diamond replaced other than that it’s that important and essential that it always remain on the finger it was placed upon.

1 Like

Is his/your wedding ring what determines the value of your marriage? Because if so, you have much bigger issues!

Also, we can’t tell you what your husband thinks of you or what anything that he does means!

5 Likes

I don’t think it means that. Men typically don’t notice small stuff like that

3 Likes

Me and husband never wear rings we plan to get tattoo ones down the road he also wants to get me a custom deer antler ring men don’t pay attention thou sometimes also its just a ring everyone know me and husband together we don’t ever hide it and we never go out we homebody we prefer to stay in and hang with each other play games and if we want to socialize we invite ppl to house we hate crowds especially strangers

Neither of us consistently wear wedding rings. He doesn’t because of his job. (Silicone isn’t allowed in the shop and metal causes scratches on the product) I don’t because in nut a huge fan of rings. (He knew when we got married. I wear a necklace he gave me every day) For is it doesn’t mean we are less committed or anything, it’s just situational and my personal preference.

Not at all. I think there are other more important ways to see it he cares. My hubby never liked to wear his ring. Ended up getting a tattoo on his ring finger. But he didn’t need too, I trusted him.

My husband would definitely notice! He wears the rubber rings at work just so he doesn’t get his nice one dirty! He never takes his off and I never take mine off!

Me and my husband ended up just getting matching tattoos on our ring finger. My hands swell and he kept losing his. This way was much simpler

Men are not known for their observation skills. If this is your only concern with your marriage, then you are fine.

2 Likes

I don’t wear my ring it gets on my nerves lol hubby def knows and he wears his 24/7 but my fingers swell and all that it’s just too much for me

My husband notices…I took off to cook once and forgot to put it back on and he said something…sooo… :woman_shrugging:. Him not wearing one (unless he has a job where it’s dangerous to do so) is concerning

1 Like

Everyone is yelling at you but honestly you said in your post you’ve mentioned numerous times about him not wearing his ring and it’s been YEARS. I can see where you’re coming from by doing this :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Marriage is more than just a piece of jewelry. I think you’re reading too much into it.

2 Likes

I’m engaged and my partner notices if my ring is off. I have rang him in a panic saying that I have lost it and then he reminds me that it’s been sent away for a good clean.

If you don’t want it to end I would suggest not doing this and communicate instead. 21 yrs of marriage here and it’s over. And it started with these silly things.

1 Like

I got a tattoo on my leg, above my ankle. It’s a cartoon style cat. It has color. It’s about 3-4 inches tall. It’s not big, but not tiny. It’s obvious.

My husband showered with me. He saw me in shorts for days. At one point my ankle was next to his head… after 4 or 5 days, I finally told him about it directly because he didn’t notice it. I don’t have any other tattoos on that leg or anything. He didn’t believe me when I told him. I had to send him a picture.

Husbands are clueless creatures.

3 Likes

Maybe he doesn’t care about the ring itself. As in he doesn’t mind if you wear it or not. Plus he isn’t wearing his so maybe he feels like he can’t say anything anyway. Just because he doesn’t mind you not wearing it doesn’t mean he doesn’t care about you or the marriage.

when my husband takes his off to cook he forgets to put it back on a lot of the times. I don’t even notice until either he does or one of us finds it. It’s not a big deal as I don’t think he’s paying that close attention to it.

I think you are reading too much into it.

You are looking for trouble

3 Likes

Men aren’t very observant on things like that…a marriage isn’t about the wearing of the ring …Some marriages don’t even include a ring…that said , it’s a way of living and how you treat your relationship. Alot of my jobs wouldn’t let you wear a ring so I didn’t put a big importance on that…
His actions and mannerisms are what is important

I honestly think if you’re asking a question this petty, then you couldn’t possibly have any serious issues in your marriage, related to the jewelry anyway. Just my opinion.

It’s a ring…it does not symbolize a good marriage to a lot of people. Marriage is about loving each other…not about the jewelry on their finger…

First of all why are trying to test him.
Having a wedding ring on means nothing, the marriage should be in your heart and not a ring.
Something a lot deeper is troubling you with your commitment or his commitment to your marriage

My husband and I never wore ours either. We were married 36 years when he passed. It’s just a ring

1 Like

All men are different. My husband notices everything. All the way down to me buying new coasters for my car cup holders.

He even noticed how my wedding ring doesn’t fit anymore.

Why take it off and look for conflict in your relationship?

1 Like

I don’t wear my ring when I am working only time I wear them is on dates or church. Other than that no I don’t cause I am mechanic and farmer by trade

He probably just isn’t staring at your hands all the time. But the fact that he won’t wear his ring is a red flag

7 Likes

U are over acting! Some men just don’t care about stuff like that! If your marriage is falling apart it’s not because of a ring unless u make it go there!

I think there are some insecurities about your marriage being expressed here that are unrelated to rings.

Mine didn’t fit for the last 3 or so years. We just celebrated our 30th… love isn’t tied to the ring.

Just MY opinion… Instead of doing these little tests, do something to liven up your marriage. Both of you.

Men don’t notice anything unless it has to do with their dick.

Neither one of us wear our rings ever :woman_shrugging: & We have a great marriage!

Well if he doesn’t care about wearing his own wedding ring I’m sure he doesn’t care about yours not being on your finger but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t care about you he just doesn’t care about the ring… which still sucks and I’d be pissed but

He is a guy guys are not great at noticing details

Honey, I’ve got a perm before and not a mention of it. He has no clue.

1 Like

Your talking about a man lol, most don’t pay attention to things like your ring or jewelry for that matter.

1 Like

Maybe you should communicate instead of sending random petty messages

Why don’t you go look through his phone real quick, that always helps matters…

5 Likes

The ring is a symbol! It’s not the marriage!!

Sounds like you want attention and to create drama

A ring doesn’t mean anything lol a lot of married couples do not wear rings.

My husband notices pretty quickly. I don’t see the big deal… I take mine off to wash dishes. And for work sometimes. I forget to put it back on. Just because I’m not wearing it… Doesn’t mean I’m not married. You have got to get out of your own head… You are overthinking this.

1 Like

Don’t sweat the small stuff

Why would you set him up like that?
Entrapment at its finest.
How pathetic.

1 Like

Most men don’t notice little things like that. Now not wearing his own ring is a very different thing.

Don’t play games with your marriage

This sounds childish on both ends. Him ignoring your desire for him to wear his ring is crap. But you trying to play games is dumb.

1 Like

Seriously? Why don’t you try talking to him instead of assuming he doesn’t care. Maybe he did notice and thinks you don’t care cuz you don’t want to wear it!!! Stop being petty and talk like an adult

Why play games in a relationship? So immature.

Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.

1 Like

maybe be an adult & use your words? :woman_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

I got my belly button pierced last year and it took my husband months to notice. Men are idiots. They are clueless !!

4 Likes

Stop playing games and communicate! Ask!

3 Likes

Why do women play silly games? Are you looking for an issue?

Bro I misplace mine all the time. He has noticed very few times. I lost it somewhere in the house about 4 months ago and he has yet to notice. :grimacing::grimacing::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Men notice when they’re hungry, horny and mad. That’s about it :rofl:

Sounds like there is much more going on than just wedding rings.
Perhaps you should take a moment to truly examine what is causing you to feel the way you do, and it would be helpful if you looped your husband in on it, so the two of you can have some adult conversation about life, marriage and the rest.
Good luck!

5 Likes

I haven’t worn mine in years. Only special occasions. I do too much all day to want my rings to get in the way. My husband barely noticed & doesn’t care but he wears his 24/7. It’s just a ring it doesn’t change your marriage status

2 Likes

OMG, do you honestly think men notice if you are wearing your wedding ring, I wear so many different types of rings and jewellery my hubby wouldn’t even be able to identify my dead body by my jewellery, he wouldn’t even remember what my wedding ring looks like or my engagement ring :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

My band hasn’t fit for years and I wanted a diamond ring, as I never had one, so after I started wearing a diamond, I consider it my wedding ring. I would like a channeled diamond band to match it one day, though. Husband hasn’t worn his matching band in years as he works with his hands and it can be dangerous. I actually caught my band once and nearly yanked off my ring finger. once.
It’s not what is on the hand/finger, but what is in the heart and morality.

1 Like

No it doesn’t mean he doesn’t care. It means he’s used to seeing you every day and not looking at the material things.

Stop being so superficial

if you have to question if your husband cares by taking off your wedding ring then maybe you both need some counseling but this is literally so sad.
There was obviously an underlying reason why you even thought to takeoff your wedding ring because it seems like there’s some other reason why you think he doesn’t care so I would sit down and have a heart-to-heart with your husband and maybe get some counseling because there’s definitely some void here that needs to be addressed.
The ring is simply a piece of medal to symbolize an internal feeling
You’re feeling detached from him internally and so you are connecting it the symbolism of the ring.

Sound you don’t feel like he’s paying attention to you. Tell him!Tip toeing around makes things worse. You get more annoyed and he gets more confused. Been there, you should talk to him.

I think you are questioning your marriage but want to throw blame that he doesn’t care because he didn’t notice you wearing what may be the smallest part of marriage. I never wear my ring only because it doesn’t fit any more. But i would never be like my husband didn’t notice oh our marriage is about to end. That ring is the smallest part of y’all’s lives. Let me ask how long have y’all been married

I take mine off sometimes and forget to put it back on right away. Sometimes he notices and sometimes he don’t…and he wears his daily.
It sounds like you already feel as if he don’t care and you used that as an excuse to drive that thought on home…I’d just talk to him. Communication is just as important in a marriage as loyalty and trust.

I’ve taken my ring off different times throughout our marriage and he has never noticed. He hasn’t been wearing his ring for I can’t even tell you how long because it no longer fits him, and he even told me about it, and I just “noticed” it a couple weeks ago. It is not something I fixate on. He’s married to me, I’m married to him…wearing or not wearing rings doesn’t change our commitment to one another. If you need to do these little experiments, sounds like there is much more going on that needs discussed and worked through.

1 Like

I’ll be honest, my husband would never notice if I wasn’t wearing my rings unless it was somewhere that he’d see it. He’d never notice just by it not being on my hand. Men just don’t typically pay attention to detail. I think an honest and open conversation needs to happen between you two. One for you to express your feelings and one for him to express his. A sign he actually loves you shouldn’t solely be based on whether or not he wears his ring. It could be uncomfortable, it may not fit him right. Just talk.

My husband doesn’t care one way or the other about my wedding rings. I constantly take them off and forget to put them back on. The ring doesn’t make the marriage and if that’s what worries you then you are focused on the wrong things

Why are you even doing this? My husband never wore his ring unless we were going out for an evening. He was left handed and his ring got caught on something and almost ripped his finger off. I don’t think he’d have noticed if I took mine off although I never did and he knew that because I even wore it during a surgery. They just wrapped tape around it.

I wear mine. my husband hasn’t worn his. I think in a couple years. His fingers have swelled. He keeps the wedding ring along with his Harley titanium ring in a drawer in my jewelry box. Doesn’t bother me, we’ve been together going on 26 years

My husband doesn’t like to wear rings. So I’ll suggest he puts it on if we go out and are dressed up (which is rare). I wear my rings sometimes and sometimes I don’t. Does he notice? Sometimes. I don’t care we know we are married.

If something like this has you feeling like the end may be near then you guys clearly have some issues going on.
Me and my husband both always wore our rings when we left the house. He still does and I most of the time just forget. No one cares. Sounds like you have problems in your marriage you need to address.

My husband works in construction and has never worn his wedding ring, he got my initial on his finger instead, I take my rings of loads n stay of for weeks at time as sometimes my fingers swell and get sore, hubby doesn’t notice n doesn’t bother me, If he does notice it doesn’t bother him, iv also lost mines numerous times for weeks on end , one time in a water park hotel abroad, and actually got back a week into holiday, x

Why are you playing games? Some men just don’t feel comfortable in a ring especially depends what kind of work he does. Men don’t notice things like that anyway. There must be other issues if you are saying maybe the end is near. I don’t think over wearing or not wearing a ring should lead to divorce unless you notice him purposely taking it off before he leaves the house.