Does my boyfriend have a right to be mad?

About 7-8 years ago, my boyfriend gave his sister in law an old girlfriend he had a ring he bought her cause she liked it. This summer the sister in law was moving and brought up the ring my boyfriend let her have years ago and said she has never worn it and has no plans to so if he wants it back he can sell it and at least get some money back from what he spent on it, so he said: “thanks that would be great.” So once they moved and unpacked everything my boyfriend asked about the ring, she replied you couldn’t have it. I gave it to my sister. Question is, should he be upset especially since she offered it back so he can get some money out of it or do nothing or ask his sister-in-law to get it back from her sister since she said she would give it back to him so he can sell it to get back some of the money he lost from it?

40 Likes

I’m confused, is it his sister in law or an old girlfriend? Are we in Alabama? Can we get a family tree drawn? Either way once you give something you no longer have claim to it. 💁

24 Likes

Leave it alone he gave it to her so its hers to do as she wants with it

6 Likes

If he wasn’t bothered about a ring he gave her 7-8 years ago, I honestly don’t see the problem. Just draw a line under it :tipping_hand_woman:

3 Likes

No, it’s a gift and a gift is a gift. Whether she offered or not, she changed her mind. IT’S HERS

1 Like

It’s been years, it’s his sisters ring, he’s went years without the money from it, he’ll be fine. Leave it alone.

Umm no he should not be mad that’s ridiculous. At the end of the day it’s her ring.

I think he should just let it go. She probably forgot she had said any thing to him.

He gave it to her years ago and if she wanted to give it to her sister instead I feel like that’s his loss because he never expected it back in the first place

1 Like

He went almost a decade not concerned about the ring… Not concerned about getting money for it or anything. It’s annoying that she would pass it on after offering it back, but honestly, why does it matter at this point?

He shouldnt. The second she said make some money off of it… Thats when he got attached to that ring again. Let it goooooo let it gooo

7 Likes

He gave it to her 7-8 years ago. He has no right being mad because it was a gift. If he wanted any money back then he should have kept it from the beginning. Let it go at this point and move on. Water under a bridge.

1 Like

Lmfao over a ring from years ago :woman_facepalming:t4: nvm let it go let her hoop it

1 Like

She was wrong for even mentioning it, I agree, but it is unbelievably tacky to ask for a gift back. He gave it to her, it’s hers, it doesn’t matter what she does with it.

1 Like

He can’t be upset. It was a GIFT so she can choose what happens to it.

He doesn’t have a right to be mad because he gave it to her. :woman_shrugging:t4: She decided she wanted to give it to her sister. The bigger question is why would your boyfriend give his sister in law a ring​:thinking: It doesn’t matter if it was originally bought for someone else. That sounds a little odd.

2 Likes

I understand where he can be frustrated over it but he did give it to her 7-8 years ago. It was wrong of her to say she would give it back if she didn’t have the true intentions of doing that but I mean there’s not a whole lot he can do about it. No sense in causing a fight over it in my eyes. :woman_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

He gave it to her. She can do with it whatever she wants to.

1 Like

I can see where he is upset considering she asked if he wanted it back. But it’s something I would let go considering it’s a not like its hurting his current situation.

2 Likes

wtf smh for what reason is he mad if he wanted it he should of took it when she offered it to him smh

Legally he really doesn’t have a reason to be upset. He gave it to her.

However. It is a bitch move since she offered it back. Sounds like she was just to lazy to get someone a gift so she used it and decided to screw him over.

It was a gift that he gave to his sister in law, she could shove it up her ass if she wants, it’s none of his business anymore

I’m so confused. She an ex or old girlfriend? Who’d he give the ring too? And honestly, let the past be the past. You lose out on stuff like that when you buy things for someone your with then split up.

6 Likes

Ya I would be upset. Why would she say she’s gomna give ut back? Lol but he gave it to her a long time ago so oh well…

Although a crappy thing to do on her part, it ultimately was her ring to do with as she pleases. Let it go.

1 Like

That hurt my head reading it…

18 Likes

she offered it to him first so he should be mad. why even ask him if she wasn’t going to give it back to him? that is strange. but im sure she gave it to her sister just to make him mad so tell him not to let it bother him its gone and over don’t let her win. :wink:

No? Being upset won’t get it back. It’s been long enough the money gone isn’t impacting him lol. Move on.

I would completely stay out of it… its between them

Who cares, it could not have been worth much anyway or else he wouldn’t have given it away in the first place.

2 Likes

My spidey senses tell me there is more to this story than meets the eye.

7 Likes

He gave it to her she can do as she wants with it

2 Likes

chances are good he’d only get the gold value out of it, not the stone—not what he thinks he’ll get for certain. If it were costly or important he’d have gotten it from her “several years ago”

He gave it to her so technically it’s hers to do with what she pleases :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Girrrrl byeeeee!!! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

What?!? I didn’t understand.

5 Likes

This is pathetic. Wasn’t his. From what I gather it was an ex’s ring he brought 8 years ago. I’m sure he damn well forgot about it til his sister in law said something. And now his ‘pissed’ his losing money? Pathetic.

I Jsut wanna know if his sister in law is his ex. That first part has me really confused.

6 Likes

He was fine without this long. He gifted it to her, yes it’s annoying but whatever. Are you seriously going to make it an issue?

1 Like

He gave it away originally. He never should have EXPECTED anything from her even if she did say that. It would be nice, yes, but he wasn’t the actual owner anymore so he needs to move on.

4 Likes

Seems dumb. He had already given it to her so what’s the big deal?

1 Like

He needs to to just let it go. He should have just taken it when she offered it. For w whatever reason he gave it to her as a gift. Once you give something as a gift you relinquish any control of it.

3 Likes

This is petty! chalk it up as a loss and forget about it! It wasn’t worth enough to him to keep it when he gave it away so why would yall care about it now?

No. He gave it to her, she gets to do what she wants with it.

2 Likes

This made no sense but I’d drop it. He gave it to her as a gift an though she offered it back to him, it’s hers to do what she wants with, including going back on her offer an gifting it to her sister lol

1 Like

it was a gift … he needs to suck it up…

1 Like

She gave it away…forget about it!

I got a headache reading this :flushed:

5 Likes

He gave it to her, making it her property not his.

2 Likes

Way tooooo hard to read. No commas, no periods.

6 Likes

She can do what she wants it was her ring

Even though I could only make out about half of that…

7 Likes

It was hers to do whatever she wanted to with it

He didn’t care about the money when he gave it away so why now?
Her sister probably seen it and liked it so she let her have it. Nothing wrong with that.
The ring hasnt been an issue for how long? Why make it an issue now?

1 Like

Why do you even care

5 Likes

Lol… yeah be mad over something he forgot about for 8 years. Makes sense

7 Likes

Just forget about it

Just drop it. He gave it to her. Why spend your time being mad about the little things that dont matter?

Her property. Not his. Even if she said something in passing it’s still hers. Y’all need to get over it and let it go.

He probably gave it, to his ex

What the fuck does this say ?

Its a lost cause at this point

1 Like

Sounds like you were hoping for the ring. Dont be jealous over it, just let it go.

3 Likes

Ughh this is so petty. Let it go. Why the drama?

2 Likes

You answered your own question in the first sentence “about 7/8 years ago” it’s hers she can do with it what she wants :joy:

7 Likes

I honestly cannot answer this. It literally makes zero sense. :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

I can’t figure out who this girl is to him but 7-8 years ago is way too long to want items back. She shouldn’t have offered it back because it was hers to do what she wants with. There’s probably much more to this story and in my experience, guys don’t buy rings for girls just because they want it etc. Wanting it back seems more than an anger thing and I’d be far more concerned why now it’s suddenly an issue to him. Fyi, used rings hold very little value, I had a fairly expensive upgrade to my wedding ring (white gold, 1 carat diamond weight) and only got about $250 for it when we divorced and I sold it. I mean $250 is $250 but I still think there’s more going on here than him just wanting to sell it especially depending on the type of ring.

1 Like

Im confused it’s his sister in law or Ex girlfriend. Or he gave his sister In law a ring that he had got his ex gf?

4 Likes

Obviously this wasn’t no Walmart ring. If she’s had it for 7-8yrs it’s hers she can do whatever she pleases

3 Likes

I understand his frustration because she offered it back and she shouldn’t have done that if she wasn’t actually going to give it back. But the ring was given to her and she can do anything she wants with it. He does have the right to be upset but he can’t make her do anything.

1 Like

I don’t think the boyfriend is mad I think you are because YOU can’t sell it to get money

3 Likes

It’s a ring, forget it

1 Like

I don’t get it. Why is he giving your sister a ring any way. Confuuusssed

1 Like

And the whole thing kinda doesn’t make alot of sense like why would she say oh hey have the ring back to make some money like why wouldn’t she just sell itb

1 Like

The first sentence :thinking::roll_eyes::upside_down_face:

8 Likes

Either he needs the money, or you wanted the ring.
Either way, it’s no longer his to sell or regift.

5 Likes

He gave it to her. It was her’s to do with whatever she wanted. She changes her mind… Happens a lot

2 Likes

Possession is nine tenths of the law

3 Likes

He gave it to her… It’s hers to do with as she wants…

5 Likes

So its hers get over it

Wow. I cant help but feel sorry for anyone that is THIS petty about shit. :rofl::rofl: its been gone for 7+years. This item does not belong to him anymore. Never really did. Was his exgirlfriends and when he got it back gave it to sis. Its gone! Get tf over it!

It was a gift she can give it to whoever she wants she doesn’t have to give it back to him

No. Just know that’s the kind of person she is and move on.

3 Likes

Question not written well but, anything happened 7-8 years ago needs to be forgotten. Move on.

4 Likes

Legally you can’t ask for a gift back.

1 Like

Ummm move on! She saved money by regifting it.

It’s hers to do with what she wants, so he doesn’t have a right to be man. If there was sentimental value (moms ring or something along those lines) of Some way that would be a different story

He forgot about it for 8 years and now all of a sudden it’s an issue. Just go on with your life. You didn’t need it before and you don’t now. :woman_shrugging:t4:

7 Likes

Holy fuck… mooooooove onnnn…

He was fine before she mentioned it so unfortunately he needs to get over it. And being mad is honestly a waste of emotion in this case.

1 Like

Many years has passed. He gave her the ring so it is hers to do with what she pleases.

2 Likes

Who wrote this? It makes minimal sense.

Two things:

It’s been 8 years and he wants to get some money back out of it now? Come the fuck on.

His ex girlfriend is now his sister in law?

Had she not said anything he wouldnt have been thinking about it so I can get why he may be annoyed but he gave it to her so it was hers to do as she wishes. I would let it go. Theres worse things to fret over.

1 Like

Skint is he or is it a cash grab

1 Like

Once you give something away as a gift you have ZERO right to say what the receiver can do with it.

1 Like

It was a gift. Once a gift is given it’s no longer his concern what the giftee does with it. He does not have a right to be upset in my opinion.

Ancient history. No sense worrying about it. She gave it away. Oh well. It was money gone anyway. Onward and upward.

1 Like

It was a gift he has nk rights to it. What she did was crappy, but move on its nothing to get upset about.

1 Like

I think your bf should be asking this question

1 Like

What . None of that made sense

7 Likes