Does my daughters father have a right to know she started her period?

I’d tell him but also say she didn’t want me to tell you but just make sure when ever she comes to stay that there’s period supplies in the bathroom there’s no need for him to say anything to her oh and also a bin in toilet

uhhhh if she doesn’t want him to know yet then don’t tell him? it’s not his RIGHT. it’s hers & her decision when she’s ready to share that sort of PERSONAL information. just make sure she has all the things she needs and let it come out on her own time. again. he doesn’t have a right to know. that’s your daughters body. it’s her right to tell. not yours. not yours at all.

3 Likes

No way…why does he need to know

4 Likes

Its not any of his business

2 Likes

If she said don’t tell him then don’t?:rofl:

2 Likes

You all seriously? Obviously he needs to know. So when shes with him he can buy her the products, help her with meds for cramping etc. Or how about when he goes into bathroom sees blood in trash or even toliet, he’d freak out right? He’s her dad, really it’s not like it’s a neighbor or family friend. My question isn’t if he should know, but rather why shouldn’t he know?

4 Likes

Tell him and just tell him not to say anything unless she tells him but tbh I loved with my dad and dreaded telling him it was my sister who told him and I’m so glad she did otherwise I dont know if I would of and it made it less embarrassing for me because he just said I know you started your period you need anything just let me know x

I just casually told my ex on the next visit that she’s now in full puberty so he could plan for it in case he needed to buy her products. But my kids are all very open about it boys and girls.

If she’s able to take care of it on her own it’s her business. I don’t think I EVER told my dad I mean obviously he knows at some point it happened. But heck I actually did t even tell my mom for a year.

1 Like

Omg you’re gonna embarrass the poor girl. If she wanted him to know she’d tell him.

2 Likes

You could tell him in private and tell him not to mention it to her. Just in case she needs pads he can be prepared without her having to tell him

It really only matters if he is going to have her for a while. If she isnt comfortable telling him it isnt that big of deal. Unless she is going to be with him, and needs the products.

Absolutely not!! That’s is a private thing. If she feels the need to tell him or anyone else that is solely up to her!!!

Do not break her trust, you’ll regret it later.

4 Likes

Might want to inform him so if she needs products while she’s at her dads he can get them for her

Don’t tell him its not your business to tell, it makes you feel awful specially when the trust is broken. my mum did that to me and I told her not to, my dad refused to buy anything or help and I was 11, so every period I would stay at my mums house, not all care, your daughter will decide

3 Likes

Why does he need to know what’s going on with her body? If he isn’t a idiot then he should know it’s going to happen but he doesn’t need to know when. Be a supportive Mother and just make sure she is prepared with the necessities when she goes to visit him.

5 Likes

Why is everyone saying that it’s not his right to know?? Hes her father! If she is a minor then its every right for him to know what is going on with his daughters body so he is fully able and prepared to take care of her when she stays over there. Periods are not big deals at all. They happen to every girl. Its normal. You all are acting like its this huge secret and private matter. Please. I would talk about periods like I talk about any other normal conversation. But like i sqid. Thqt is his daughter qnd he has every right to know abput her starting her period.

1 Like

He needs to know so he can be prepared for when her monthly course comes and shes at his house. He doesnt need to speak to her about it, it doesnt need to be a conversation, just let him know what products he needs to have ready for her and let that be the end of it

1 Like

That girl would be mortified to know her father knows about this highly personal development in her young life.

2 Likes

You should definitely make him aware first she may need him to purchase product or give her money for hygiene products it’s always good to have a support understanding dad willing to slide a Twix bar under your door and yell satin has been feed lol :joy: but on a serious note he need to be aware of this it’s important for their relationship and bonding ect also The big issue !! Has she had the sex talk !! Have to talked about protecting STD as well as pregnancy do you think she’s possibly sexually active !! Birth control is coming kids these days aren’t what they use to be !!

If she stays with him at all then yes, he needs to know that way you can let him know to keep pads etc on hand for her

She’s asked you to not say anything… so you don’t. Very Simple. This is her body and is her right to decide who knows and who doesn’t. Co parenting is one thing, assuming she is a young teen… this does not come under the coparent rules… her body, her rules… if you break her trust now, you’re lining yourself up for hard times because teenagehood brings lots of quirky surprises… let her trust you with this so she’ll be able to confide in you when it really matters…

2 Likes

It’s her body and her business to share and you shouldnt force her to share it or take it from her. Make sure she has what she needs, and she can take supplies with her. If she needs something while with him she can ask then.

2 Likes

I don’t think he needs to be told.

1 Like

if she don’t want him to know then don’t say anything to him! that’s wrong of you to know her wishes and completely ignore them. that’s awkward for a girl to tell her dad something like that and it isnt really important she can take what she needs when she goes and that’s including medication for cramping. i dont feel you would want her to tell your business after you have asked her not too. be considerate of what she wants

I think its no ones business as she is asking you to respect her. If she wants to inform him let her. That is upon her discretion. Just make sure she is always stocked when going to her fathers

1 Like

I wouldn’t tell him. He probably doesn’t want to know, she wants to keep it private so I would let her handle it

2 Likes

Yeah my dad didn’t know for years, I don’t see why he needs to

1 Like

When I was younger with my period I didn’t realize i would be getting mine at my dads, & my mom was out of town. So i asked him to take me to the store, he asked what for, I said lady supplies. He shut right up, hopped in his truck, handed me $20, and stayed in the truck. I would consider it a “need to know” basis, so if she’s on her prior at his house, he knows what’s up. But if not, leave it at that. Also - let her mention it, so she knows she can confide in you. Just my thoughts on bring young with a period & dads.

That is not something that the father imediately needs to know, that is a private thing that all females will experience in life

5 Likes

I would leave it up to her but if she is going to go spend time with him then I would push her to tell him so she can make sure its taken care of while shes away from your house. Have her pack the stuff she needs but even if she doesn’t tell him he’s going to figure it out because he can see the stuff in the trash. If he sees it and he isn’t told about it he could be upset that he didn’t know. But it is her decision to tell him. I never told my dad but he didn’t seem to care about much in general about my life so its a little different. If her dad really cares about her and is actively involved in her life then you definitely want to urge her to tell him. Don’t tell him for her unless she asks you to but definitely try to get her to tell him.

Are you planning on arranging her marriage now that she’s menstruating? If she’s big enough to pack some pads or other product with her when she visits him why would anyone other than you HAVE to know unless she wants to tell them herself?

6 Likes

she’s not doing anything dangerous or wrong she just wants some privacy… Respect it & let her make her own decisions on who gets to know when there is blood leaking out of her vagina. :woman_facepalming:t2:
It’s that simple.

DO NOT TELL HIM!!! when I first got mine my mum told everyone and I was mortified, my dad had past away by that point but I was getting messages from my brothers my nana mu grandad, it wasnt cool and it wasnt a very nice feeling for me…leave it up to her to tell when she wants and send her with hygiene products when ever she goes to his place

3 Likes

I mean wouldn’t you want him to so he can make sure she has stuff there.

Its nobody’s business except her own. Provide her with necessary supplies and knowledge to handle it. That’s all she needs.

4 Likes

No
He’s got to know she’ll get it eventually

That is nothing he needs to know. Why would you tell him. She needs some privacy. I think you will regret if you do.

2 Likes

:thinking: umm, imo he dont need to know that ! Unless shes telling him !

1 Like

Is this a real question

1 Like

If your daughter doesnt want you to tell him it is not your body to tell him. If you want a relationship with her do not tell her business to anyone else she trusting in you. Dont screw that up. As a mother you should be able to handle this. Buy her stuff make sure shes prepared which she should have been before getting it. Whether you’re with her father or not you can still make sure she is taken care of for both households. A box of pads and tampons ect do not cost that much. Right now especially you need to show her that you’re there for her and will take care of her. Don’t make the split between you and her dad any harder on her. Or make her ask her dad to buy her stuff like that just puts her in the position shes obviously already uncomfortable about…

1 Like

Only if she wants to tell him

Yeah mamas, you shouldn’t tell him . It’s her body, her choice . When she goes to visit her father , then she can tell him if she does wanna tell him .

I think your being dramatic. She’s a teen obviously her father is aware it’s gonna happen.

3 Likes

Why would he need to know? Unless she is living with him and needs pads I don’t see why he needs to know. Also, she’s asking you not to tell him. Maybe you should respect her feelings.

4 Likes

Shes Half his, so Yes.

1 Like

He doesn’t need to know. As she starts maturing he will get the picture.

2 Likes

It really depends how long does she stay their, what if she runs out of pads or is in a lot of pain with cramps their and her dad takes her to the doctor or hospital thinking something is seriously wrong.

Just make sure she has all she needs when goes to his. Tbf my oldest was same it’s not something needs broadcasting.

1 Like

Curious as to why u are so insistent he needs or even wants to know…1…she asked u not to say anything…2…she doesn’t live with him…3…He most likely doesn’t want to know…I sure she will tell him when she is ready…

4 Likes

If you were together would he know? If she starts it there an is unprepared what is she gonna do? You don’t have to go into detail but dang at some point shes gonna get it around him and at some point hes gonna find out

1 Like

And when did children start dictating what the parent does

2 Likes

In my opinion I think he should knows specially if they share custody,he’s gonna need to know to buy tampons/pads and other products shes gonna need when shes over there…

1 Like

Why is this even on FB?

What happens if she starts her period at his house and he has no products for her?

1 Like

No need to tell him. He will know with time as she grows and if she doesn’t feel comfortable in talking to him about it

1 Like

I didn’t tell my dad when I started. I couldn’t tell you if my mom did. It’s not like he and I would have a heart to heart about it or something. That’s a mom and daughter conversation

2 Likes

Why not just tell him to stock up on lady products now that she is getting to that age just to be safe. He gets the stuff and she gets to keep it between just you two.

5 Likes

Does he really need to know? To what purpose?

1 Like

I promised my ex husband I’ll tell when ours girls get their periods. He’s their father, he should know. Especially in my case because my kids sometimes go to their father’s

1 Like

R u stupid
Unbelievable

1 Like

Yes, I told my daughters father. She not my biological daughter but is his and he didn’t need to know but just in case anything ever happens she’s gonna need her dad to help her get her items and such. Plus I don’t use pads and she can only use pads so he would have noticed anyway.

My mom told my dad when I started (they were also separated,) and I was embarrassed and upset. Why would he need to know?

2 Likes

It’s none of his business and it’s not your news to tell to anyone. It’s her body and she needs to feel ok and if that means. It letting her dad find out then fine.

5 Likes

That’s her business, let her tell him if she feels like she needs to. It’s not your place. If she’s old enough to get her period she’s old enough to speak for herself. My daughter was 9 when she got hers an I didn’t run around telling her entire family. It’s part of growing up, if she ends up going with dad an ends up starting her period an needs supplies it will be a good time for her to speak about it to him herself. Let the kid be. This is why half the kids now a days are such babies cause these parents don’t allow/make them do anything themselves.

What am I reading unbelievable why should her father know this is women’s secret business. Men not welcome.

1 Like

Why does he need to know? If she asked you not to, is her period worth losing that trust? She can pack what she needs if she goes there, or handle discussing it with him herself if she’s there and a need arises. Assuming he knows how babies are made, he knows it’s going to happen so I don’t see why either of you is obligated to tell him the second it does.

2 Likes

Why does he need to know?

I think it’s up to your daughter considering it’s her body

2 Likes

HAHAHAHA I got my first period when I was 9. After my mum was awear of the fact I had my period she took me by the hand and dragged me out to the shed where my dad was working to let him know we wouldn’t be long we were just ducking into town for some ‘girly thangggggs’

He doesn’t need to know…it’s private.

3 Likes

I don’t feel like that’s something a dad “needs” to know, not a big deal. But, not dire need to know information.

3 Likes

Would yall feel the same if she had started at his house and not moms? Or is this one of your double standards?

She will tell him when she wants to IF she ever wants to. Or she may come to you and ask you to tell him. Respect her privacy

Really?? Most young girls don’t wanna tell their dads. Why do u wanna tell him??

1 Like

As much as it’s her body her business and her right to tell whom she wants and when, if he has regular contact and would agree I myself would make him aware it’s happened but to not press her on it and wait for her to go to him when she’s ready, this way he is prepared and will be calmer for the conversation with her. Most men and fathers cringe at this female routine we have and I found that my dad already knew so he was calm and more supportive than usual if I ever needed any supplies.

1 Like

No its her business ,he dose not need to know …

1 Like

I don’t think he should be informed unless she tells him herself. If she’s going to his house when it’s expected just have her pack the pads/tampons in her stuff. Enough to last.

2 Likes

I would tell him and tell him to act like he doesn’t know.

I think you need to respect your daughter’s wishes and not tell him. It’s HER business if she wants to tell him or not, not yours.

1 Like

If she goes with him, make sure she has all the supplies she will need. I would mention it to him on the down low, but don’t make it a big deal. Tell him that she is not comfortable with him knowing yet, but he should know so he can support her how he needs to or understand her a little better if she’s dealing with emotions and all of that.

Leave her alone. That is her business. He’s a big boy. Eventually he will figure it out. No wonder he left you. Your a to busy body. Have to tell everyone’s business that is private. Like you just did here on Facebook.

2 Likes

If he has visitation I would make sure he knows the next time he has her, only because she might feel uncomfortable if she starts to ask him for products.

4 Likes

If she doesn’t visit him or stay with him then it’s really not necessary, if she does then maybe he should know that way he can buy the necessities for her when she is there.

1 Like

I am so amazed by all your answers to not tell and why having your period is such a shameful thing to tou guys. Most every female gets it and most every male knows about it so why are we all being so shameful about it. I come from a culture where it is celebrated, where the whole community is told. Smh it’s her father he deserves to know, why would you hide it from him?

2 Likes

Dad being out of state I would say that he can wait… A young lady want to be comfortable with herself before she makes announcements like that and I believe that’s fair :two_hearts::two_hearts: just like any other big event for someone.

If he doesn’t have a right to know, why exactly do you? If it’s her business, it’s her business.

2 Likes

If she doesn’t want you to then no. Does he really want to know and what would it change if he did know? It shouldn’t change anything.

OMG Don’t make a big deal of it but if she is staying with him he should know.Theres no reason to hide it from him.If she don’t feel comfortable just let him know not to bring it up to her.Everyone acts like it’s taboo and it’s not.

1 Like

I lived with my mum an only went to my dad’s on the rare occasions, an been in those shoes my father didnt need to know at all in my opinion, it’s a private thing an she will grow with it an realise it’s normal an all females are going through it but at this stage respect her wishes pack her extra supplies cause the last thing you want is to break trust qith your daughter specially at this time in her life

It’s not shameful to get your period, but young girls become embarrassed regardless. If she wants him to know cool, if she’s dismissive then respect her. I would only tell him if she’s going to be with him and he needs to prepare, otherwise let her decide on her own terms if she want to.

I dont think he really “has the right to know” as such, but its a good idea for him to know just in case she needs supplies, has cramps or leaks etc while with him so he knows what to do and so neither feel embarrassed about it. If she knows he is clued up like mum she will be more relaxed about asking or talking about it with him xx

1 Like

Its personal for her, if that’s her choice. He needs to know if she visits him though.

I would tell him so then he can be prepared if she goes over and then mother nature comes while shes there

Why does he need to know? If my mom had told my dad I WOULD HAVE NEVER forgiven her for it!! This is a mom moment in life… my dad only needs to know I need girl things when at his house… nothing more

If she’s not visiting him I don’t think he needs to know

Why does he need to know?Respect your daughters wishes. I dont see it as any of his business.

3 Likes

Did you want YOUR dad knowing when you started?

He doesn’t NEED to know.

I would tell him on the low. If anything ever came up when she was with him he can be prepaired with understanding. Or if she needed to buy supplies he would not question giving her money.

2 Likes