Dreading Christmas, need advice!

how i have always done it the same amount on each and her being older know how much little money can buy now days and if she wants more then she can go out and buy it herself and understand that money doesnt go as far as you want it too anymore. 1 of her items can cost the same as her little sisters 5 she should understand that

As my kids got older we set a limit of $50. Remember they got gifts before the younger siblings, lol. If she wants the same amount to open, give her a bath set and wrap everything individually. Lol.
Seriously, shes an adult. Talk to her about how tight money is and remind her its more about memories than “stuff”. Happy holidays!

And people wonder why it’s expected.
Um cause parents have always done it.
When will people grasp the concept it’s in the giving, not the cost.
Personally I always made sure mine had equal amounts of gifts when they were small.
They never knew the cost just that they had same amount of packages.
As they got older the same.
Guess what, they survived .
To this day they do the same. Kids need to learn how to appreciate more of what’s given not what the cost is.
Trust me they will learn that soon enough when they are taught allowances and spending habits if that’s even taught anymore.
If not they should learn when they grow old enough to get a job and start being responsible.

If you have a close relationship with your daughter then just talked to her about it and explain that this year money is tight im sure that with her being an adult and understanding how things go with money and how costly things can be she will understand and will be okay with even just one gift while her little sister may have some more just don’t go overboard with spending so much more on her then your oldest. My grandmother is on limited income and my brothers have tight budgets as well so my mom set everyone to no more than 20 for each person or couple other than of course my parents who have the means to be able to spend more money on gifts usually but even last year when covid hit they too didn’t spend as much on gifts and all they did was explain it to us and we all understood because we are adults we know how money works and what is going on in the world versus when we were kids who thought “money grew on trees” its the perks when you finally have grown and out of the home children you can have these talks with them and they will understand better.

23 year old had her turn and needs to get over it. I tell my oldest now that she shouldn’t get upset when I take the younger 2 out to do something without her because she already had her turn and there are things that she gets to do that the younger 2 don’t and all my kids know and understand this.