Finally breaking away from abuse and my son is upset, what can I do?

You both need therapy.

Tell him the truth and prob get him some therapy

I understand. Its hard for children. Does your counciling allow for you to bring your son for a session to see if they can get him too

He needs professional help too to understand whatā€™s going on.

Yep thank you Susan J. My thots too. Know from experience the child can benefit greatly and Mom you will Know you are doing The Right Thing for Both of You

Get ā€œlove sickā€ for your son and not the asshole. Care about your son not that so-called husband. Or you will let your son grow up to be worse than his sperm donor. Pull up your big girl panties and save your son.

1 Like

Teach kid a lesson .send him to live e with dad. Heā€™ ll come running back. Dad has to be able to care for him , get him to school feed him cloth him and to. Do home work with him/her needs to what it takes to be a parents.let dad tell him buddy I just cant do it.

I think you already know what you should do for YOUR sake and the sake of your son. You are the adult and its up to you to keep him safe ,physically and mentally. Look into getting help to get out anyway you can and just DO IT.
I know all about how hard it is ,blah ,blah, blah, but I promise you, you will be so incredibly happy after and your son will one day thank and respect you for it. I wish you all the strength, courage and love,YOU CAN DO THIS.

Put your son in counseling. Heā€™ll think his fatherā€™s behavior is how heā€™s supposed to be.

Leave and get your son in counseling.

:pray:t3: get help ! find good church

Get him counseling if you can and love him

Verble abouse ,sex abouse it,s not ok seck help

1 Like

Therapy for him. Therapy. Therapy

Your son needs some kind of consoling too. So try to get it asap. And BTW, you said your ex friend is a scumbagā€¦well they have similar behavior, this is way they are matesā€¦both are scumbags.

Kid is copying dadā€™s manipulation

Love addiction? Lol thatā€™s not even loveā€¦ sit down and have a genuine talk with your son.

Keep moving forward.
He will understand in the long run. And respect you for it. :pray::heart:

Didnā€™t he see how he was treating you didnā€™t he realize how he was treating him that wasnā€™t the way to be for a child to be treated that wasnā€™t the way to a mother to be treated by her husband or a child to be treated by their dad you need to sit down and have a serious talk with him donā€™t hold back anything talk to him like an adult and maybe you both need to go see a counselor cuz you need to be straight up donā€™t be pussyfooting around with him be straight-up tell him the truth point-blank as if he was a adult

Your son needed counseling a long time ago. Get him the help he needs as he has been traumatized in many ways just as you have been.

Hey guys remember when men would protect and provide for his family at all costs, with a gentle hand and a firm voice?
You ruined that when it stopped being worth it for the man.
Traditional marriage for the win.

Your son needs counseling also.

First step of any addiction, recognizing problem, move forward and on with your life, get counseling, you and your child deserve better, and kids adapt quickly

First off the child he bullied with the drink needs an apology! Secondly I would give him one choice. Get your shit together in schoolā€¦Or I will attend school with you. You and momma until you learn to use the manners you were taught. And counseling of course.

Getting him in counseling and lots or reassurance tell him you love him and you are not going anywhere and you are there for him no matter what! Also try to get him on a self-defense class like jujitsu or kickboxing to give him some structure and self discipline and also to keep his mind occupied. I was an angry kid growing up because or stuff like this and kickboxing till this day is my only let out.

1 Like

Get him into counseling. My cousin also specializes in men and drug and alcohol abuse., along with man others. She helped my fiancƩ and he was struggling she can work with anyone around the world if you would like more information pm me love

Your son will be alright just give it time but youā€™re doing the right thing. Going back and forth will only cause more problems for your son. I advice you both get counseling and give it time. Everything will work out. And good for you for walking away

Itā€™s only natural for your son to act out when big changes are in the process. Get him into counseling, too. As a daughter of an alcoholic father and a naive mother who stayed, THANK YOU! THANK YOU for choosing yourself and your child over someone who has issues heā€™s avoiding. My mom never did and because of that, I have issues I now have to deal with because of him. I wished she would have left him

You have to do whatā€™s best for you and your son! He may not understand it now but he will one day. Just do the best you can to communicate and listen to his feelings. Consider counseling for him but certainly stick to whatever healing, safety, and happiness you need because staying with someone just for the sake of a child will only make things worse.

I know from my own experience that healthy people are not attracted to alcoholics. If you find yourself in a relationship with one (especially if ā€œyou donā€™t want to leave because you love himā€) then know you match. You can see the dysfunctional behavior in your husband but it is equally dysfunctional to raise a child in that environment. Get your eyes off your husband who,is not going to change and get help to change your behaviors and thinking patterns that got you to where you are. And now your child has been raised in that dysfunctional environment for five years. Itā€™s not too late to turn things around. And donā€™t bad mouth the childā€™s father. In my family my dad called my mom crazy and my mom called my dad evil. That made me 100% crazy and evil - how does that help a child? Apologies for being so blunt, but you are in a crisis situation. You need to get out and get help.

1 Like

Keep on doing what is best for you and your children! Know that Anger is a secondary emotion; under all of that he is confused, scared, fustrated, hurt little boy who needs reassurance and extra love that the world will be a better place. Give him if you can extra time and opportunities to talk and big hugs! He is dealing with a lot. Agree with others that this was a difficult situation for your big little man and you both would benefit from therapy, understand and self care. Its challenging to do all that during a large change and your own struggles but you are strong and you got this not only for your self but your your kiddos as well!

He is like this because you and your husband have down this to him with your selfish and toxic ways. Sorry but I was the child your son Is and Iā€™m not going to sugar coat it for you. Now you need to do whatā€™s right for him in the way of counsellors and help. Go to the GP donā€™t down play what the two of you have done. Itā€™s time to get raw and honest for the sake of saving your childā€™s future. There is time to help him if you do it now.

Tell him the truthā€¦they understand more than you think

This kid has seen how the pos dad acts and heā€™s acting it out to get what he wants. Move away from this situation and get your child some help.