Has anyone dated someone older than them?

I wanted to know if anyone has had success stories with a particular relationship dynamic. I have a nine-year-old and a two-year-old and recently joined the dating world. I am going to meet a man in 2 weeks for our first date, but I’m not sure if I should be concerned about whether it’s a waste of time or not. I’m 33, and he’s 42; while the age difference doesn’t bother me but what does worry me is that his kids are grown, and he’s retired from the military, and I feel like I have a lot of baggage because my kids are so young. Does anyone have any success stories that were ever in a similar circumstance? I’m second-guessing even going on a date because of this, even though he says he doesn’t mind. He seems like a great guy, but I don’t really want to waste either of our time.

65 Likes

My fiance and I are 10 years apart he is 41 I am 31. When we started dating I was raising my exes teenage daughter and he accepted her as a part of me and treats her like his own. If it’s meant to be he will accept every aspect of you! Hope this helps!

My boyfriend is 19 years older than me. His kids are only a couple of years younger than me. I have an almost 6 year old daughter who he adores and has stepped up to the plate without question. We were on and off for a while but it was for different circumstances unrelated to the age difference. We do now have plans to get married but are waiting til matters on my end settle down. My advice would be just lay it all out on the table for him. Let him know what he’s getting into because if it comes up later down the road that’s just going to throw a monkey wrench into it and you could find yourself back at square one. Best of luck, and keep your chin up!

I’m 24 and my partner is 47 with 4 kids. His eldest is 13 so his children are still young. We just got married in April and are loving life together. Currently trying for our own baby.

Our age gap is 23 years but we don’t feel it and my family has welcomed him with open arms.

He’s a true gentleman and I love it.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Has anyone dated someone older than them? - Mamas Uncut

Go hunny he may be the one

2 Likes

You’re putting too much thought into this when you haven’t even met them yet

4 Likes

You’ll never know until you try

3 Likes

My husband is retired military and his kids are grown.

I have a 10 year old. 🤷

1 Like

Im 40 and my husband is 26. We have a amazing marriage. He is my best friend. My kids love him to the moon. Age doesnt matter.

2 Likes

Not the exact same thing but my parents adopted my brother and I as babies in their mid/later 30s. There’s no rule on how old parents can be to love a child! If he truly wants to be with you & love your family then his age shouldn’t matter to him :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes go my husband is 25 years older than me been together for 18 years happily married 17 years

1 Like

You should at least me him and see if anything clicks! You never know!

1 Like

I’m 40 and my husband is 54 and my kids loves him since day one and still do

1 Like

Go, enjoy, see how things go!!!

2 Likes

I’m 34 and my bf is 41. His kids are grown and mine are 11/12. It doesn’t hurt to go meet him. He could be the one or not, but you will never know if you don’t try

2 Likes

My husband is 14 years older then I am. All together we are going 21 years strong. :two_hearts:

Go for it! :relaxed:

1 Like

My now husband and I are 13 years apart when we started dating his youngest was 16, I definitely wanted kids in my future so it was an early on conversation when I knew I liked him alot. We are now married have a 2 year old and due in December. Give it a chance ir could be absolutely perfect.

1 Like

For what’s it worth……don’t go into this overthinking it. It is A date……go enjoy yourself and have a good time. If it turns into another date great, and if not that’s okay too and hopefully you at least had a decent time and a good meal.

2 Likes

Do you personally know him? I mean lots of guys claim to be military online and not only are they not military using someone’s pics but also not even in the country.

Age is nothing but a number. My hubby and I have 10yrs between us. He’s younger than me and my 3rd marriage but this is so different in a good way. We have something that I never had before.

2 Likes

I feel like a man would totally be up front about not wanting to start over in the kid department so if he says he’s cool with it then go and have fun. If it doesn’t work out it doesn’t work out. Nothing in this life is guaranteed except death and taxes.

1 Like

My husband is retired from the military. I had a 3,2 and 10 month old when we met and we are now married with twins ourselves! Go for it!

2 Likes

It is a first date that is well deserved and you should at least make that attempt usually with a first you will see if you connect or have things in common. I specifically didn’t date an older guy but I did date a younger guy who we now moved in together and he has no kids and I have four little wild wild things. And he accepted me before anything like that.

1 Like

You’re ages are fine. Age is just a number… especially when it’s 42 and 33. It’s a big deal if you’re a teenager and he’s 42… you are both adults. I don’t see why this is bothering you, it’s not a huge age difference at all. 30’a and 40’s are quite similar.

1 Like

His age doesnt concern me its your outlook on yourself that makes me want to hug you. Go enjoy a dinner with a man then move forward from there knowing you are an amazing human being and a great mother

3 Likes

Worth a shot! He knows his personal limits and if he says he’s fine with it then why second guess it? Go on the date and have fun :blush:

1 Like

My husband is older than me im 25 almost 26 and he’s 36

1 Like

I am 34 my now fiance is 42. His son is 18 and mine is 5…go, if it is meant to be it’ll be :heart:

3 Likes

I’m 31 and my fiancé is 43 I have a daughter from a previous relationship and now my fiancé and I have twin boys who are 12 months old.

1 Like

I’m 33 & my husband is 48 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m 34 my husband is 46 his kids are grown and I have 4 kiddos 14 13 12 10 hes veteran trust me my first meeting with him my daughter threw donut on the floor I was like omg this man is gonna never talk to me again here we are 5 years later he’s amazing

1 Like

I’m 30 and my fiance is turning 43. No issues. He loves my 12 year old and I adore is 21 year old daughter.

1 Like

My mom remarried when i was 16 ( youngest of my five siblings and my oldest brother was 24) his kids were 4, 5 and 6 and i can say it wasn’t hard at all. We love my stepdad and the kids and are all very close. My mom is also 10 years older then him and they are great together!

2 Likes

I’m 34 he’s 45 been together almost 14 years.

2 Likes

My boyfriend of 5 years is 7 years younger than me and my ex husband is 23 years older. Age truly is just a number…its about your vibes and what you want out of life that counts.

1 Like

My first husband was 14 years older Second husband was 8 years older and my now husband of also 3 years the longest in is just shy of 2 years older then me

1 Like

Just be careful with him around your kids. Don’t move too fast and trust your instincts.

2 Likes

Don’t ever feel like your kids are baggage.

11 Likes

I’m 32 and my husband just turned 47. I had a 2 year old when we started dating and he’d been a bachelor for years, living the single life with no kids. He was amazing with her from day one, and and we’ve been married now for 6 years and although we’re not perfect, we are as happy now as we were back then.

You’ll never know unless you give it a try! :heart:

1 Like

I’d be more worried because it’s from a dating site and he is or was Military
Be careful alot of scammers that say they’re Military and widowed

1 Like

Im 29, my husband is 41. He had a 13 year old when we got together, we now have a 3 year old together and one being born in september. If you both are on the same page, dont let the ages be a defining factor. Youre both mature enough to make the decisions needed to make it work.

3 Likes

My husband is 33 and I’m 41 about to be 42, and we get along great. My husband is also a retired marine and doesn’t have kids. I have 3 kids ages 21,14,and 10 and 2 granddaughters ages 1 and 2. The 2 yrs old is going to turn 3 on the 24th and none of this bothers him and I have all daughters too. My husband and I met online as well. Don’t think about it too much whatever happens will happen

2 Likes

I’m 40 and he’s 56 and we have a 4 month old along with his daughter that is almost 21. Been together 15 years and married 10 years.

2 Likes

I’m 29 and my hubby is 41.

1 Like

My husband and I are 16 years apart I’m 31 and he’s 47 his kids are all grown ages 27, 24, and 22 while I have 4 kids ranging in age from 11 to 7 been together 4 years and married for a year! Go and enjoy yourself….

3 Likes

If he treats you well see where it goes?

1 Like

My fiance just turned 29 yesterday I’m turning 31 next Sunday. When I first met mine I was scared he wouldn’t want to raise someone else’s kid.
When he told me " I love kids I have none of my own" I told him
" My production stopped after this one" damn near 4 years later still together raising my son. Go for it girl most men that raised kids are looking for mom’s

If he can’t take it he’s not the one

1 Like

I am 35 my SO is 48. He has 4 boys I have 2 girls. He’s retired from the military, I still work full time. We’ve been together for 5 years. After we both came out of horrifying relationships. Give it a chance! You never know!

3 Likes

My man is 49, I am 29. We got together 2 years ago when my daughter was 7 months. His kids are grown as well, only a few years younger than myself.
I wouldn’t have it any other way. His kids are fantastic people, his grandson is growing and learning and is close to my daughter’s age. He took her on like his own and is an amazing father to her. We get a lot of looks from people :laughing: but we are grown ass, consenting adults. It’s funny to watch people’s reactions when we go out.
You learn a bunch of cool things too. You know how them old timers like telling stories and “schooling” us youngins :laughing:

1 Like

Just be very up front with your situation, desires, and needs. I’m 8 years older than my husband. I thought I was too old for him, at first. Turns out, it was just right. We’ve been together 12 years.

1 Like

Give it a shot may be your happy ever after

1 Like

I’m 26 & mine is 34 going on 35. His kids are 16 & 13. While mine are 8, 5, and 3! Now we have a baby on the way :heart: if it’s meant to be, it’s meant to be :heart:

2 Likes

Im 32 my man will be 42 in December we have been together for 6 years

3 Likes

I’m 35 he is 50 Mt kids are 7 and 13 his are in their twenties! 4 years now and I wouldn’t trade it for the world! Take the chance love is worth the risk

1 Like

My husband is 20 years older than me.

1 Like

I’m 27, my husband is 49. Been together since I was 19. We have 3 children. 6,4,3.

2 Likes

My stepdads kids were all grown, he met my mom and married her anyway even though she had 3 kids still at home, I was only 10 when they met. He was accepting of us and went back to work after retiring to help support us. They were married from the time I was 11 til I was 26 when he passed away. Go on that date, it may be the best choice you ever make.

3 Likes

I’m 33 with a 7yo son. The love of my life for 2 years now is 51 he has 2 daughters 1 a few years younger then me and he has 5 grandkids. His daughters approve of me and his grandkids like me. At first I was iffy on dating him as I use to be an addict and I smoked weed for medical and smoke cigs. He’s never smoked a cig or done any drugs. He’s my opposite and completes me. We have a lot in common which I was surprised. He makes me laugh. Helps me with housework and my son. Pays half of the bills. The sex is amazing. He is very loyal I love the old school love. Give him a chance. If he knows ur mom of younger kids and accepts it then give it a try

15 years between me and my ex. He had 3 kids to his ex and 4 more with me. We were together for 16 years and married for 9 of those. It wasn’t the age gap that broke us up. I’m now dating a man who hasn’t had kids and is 11 years older than me. Just be open and honest and communicate.

2 Likes

My husband is 7 years older than me. We’ve been married for 31 years now.

1 Like

I’m currently 35 dating a 41 year old my kids are 15,10,8,7 and his are 22,20 and honestly it’s the healthiest relationship I’ve ever been in

1 Like

I’m 30 & my SO is 43 …never phased us in the seven years we’ve been together. He had four sons from his previous marriage & we had two daughters together. We just knew we were a perfect fit when we met & it’s been that way ever since.

2 Likes

I’m 42 and my husband is 31 and my daughter is 12. Find love, fine happiness and enjoy your life

1 Like

My husband is 77, I’m about to be 64, we’ve been together for almost 30 years. We both have kids from previous relationships, but none together. We get along tremendously.

1 Like

Life is all about risk. I’m 31 my bf is 47. His kid is grown mine are much younger, but it has been the best almost 4 years. Age doesn’t really matter, but it has its perks. A lot of older people have their self set up better, so it releives a good amount of stress sometimes.

1 Like

I’m 27 and my husband is 45 I’ve got a 7 yr old from a previous relationship and hubby and I have a 1 yr old and another on the way! He has two that are grown, from a previous relationship. Our relationship is amazing and strong, I wouldn’t give anything for him! Everyone is different though, just take things slow, give it a chance. You never know, could be the best thing you ever found! :blush:

2 Likes

My husband is 7 years older then me and we have been married almost 12 years

1 Like

Mine is 21 yrs older than me. He has kids older than me. We have no problems.

2 Likes

Your kids aren’t baggage.
If you’re thinking of dating an older man, and he’s a good guy, he probably has some wisdom to share with you. Maybe he’s been through some stuff with his kids that you haven’t yet and he’ll be a blessing.
If he says he doesn’t mind, then maybe have a blunt convo with him and lay it all bare… Give him an out- tell him, if there’s the slightest part of you that isn’t ready for kids the age of mine-then let’s stop this before we start.
If he persists and is a good Dad to his own kids, give him a chance to show you what he has to offer in your dynamic.

6 Likes

Kids are not baggage

2 Likes

I’m 10 years older than my husband. Our relationship has been amazing. I was just upfront about everything from the very beginning and it’s worked for us.

5 Likes

My mom was 31 when she married my dad. He was 41. My sister and I were 5 and 7 and his girls were teenagers. They just celebrated 34 years married. And we have been a very happy family for my entire life :heart:

3 Likes

I dated a much older man he was in his 60’s. I was in my 40’s. We were together for 3 yrs…unfortunately his drinking was just to much for me to deal with.

1 Like

U can pm me. I am living this situation

What do you have to loose. Go to dinner have a good conversation don’t get deep into your lifes and just enjoy it. If it is nothing there you haven’t lost anything. Just try to have a good time.

2 Likes

I feel like you should go on the date and get a feel for him in person. I feel like you’ll be able to read through his nonverbal communication how he feels and whether or not you could be compatible. That’s what dating is for. Go and have a good time, if you decide you want a second date then great! If you decide to not take it any further that’s great too! But go have a good time and dip your toes in the water again.

1 Like

I married a man 12 years older then me was married for 10 years he turned sour … Married another man 10 years younger then me we were married for 20 years but last 5 he turned sex pervert … With a guy now 18 months younger … Been with him 15 years so far. Age doesn’t matter much after your passed child baring years ITS all about relationship how they treat you …and my experience has been they change radically in 5 to 10 years.

My husband & I are 11 years apart. He had 2 kids when we 1st met. We have been together almost 19 years & married for 16. We now have 4 children together.

2 Likes

Me and my husband are 20 years apart! I’m 24 , he’s 44 :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Age is only a number. give it a try it might be the best risk you’ve ever taken!

3 Likes

My husband is 9 years older than me. My youngest was 3 when we started talking! She’s 12 now and we have been married for 3 years. If he loves you he’ll love your kids

3 Likes

I’m 22, my husband is 34.
I was 19 and he was 31 when we met, he had a 3 year older who is now 7.

I had been single for a while and was very happy that way. I made a promise to love myself first and anyone to change me being single needed to be special. They needed to be right for me because I refused to waste my time or get hurt again.

The moment I met him I knew he was the one. I tried to fight it at first, but very quickly I realized I couldn’t.
The age difference means nothing to us except the occasional “old man” joke.
I say give it a chance!

2 Likes

My boyfriend is 42…im 32. Have 10 and 8 year old from previous marriage…we just had our daughter 3 weeks ago

1 Like

My husband is 15 yrs older than me. He never had kids but mine were 13 and 16 when he came into our lives. Best thing that ever happened for us. Give it a try, might be the best choice you ever made

2 Likes

Honey, age is just a number as long as both of you have the maturity… I met my husband when I was 21 he was 40 we dated for a while then moved together and got married we have two beautiful sons and a baby girl on the way, it’s been 10 years and all I can say is going to that first date with him was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.
Give it a try, who knows if he will be your happy ever after… Wish you the best of luck!!! :heart:

3 Likes

There is 13 years difference between me and my husband I have 2 teenage kids and he is ex military with grown children and we have never been more happy!

We just celebrated our 22 anniversary last Saturday. My husband was 37 and I was 25 when we met. Life happened and we didn’t marry until we were 52 and 40. He will be 75 next month and has stage 4 colon cancer…no regrets.

2 Likes

I’m 33 and have been with my 42 year old for 4 years and couldn’t be happier

1 Like

My parents have been married 30yrs with an 11yr age gap. He was in the military while she was still in elementary school. My mom came into the relationship with my sister, who is 8yrs older than me, and he no children of his own. She was also leaving an ugly relationship when she met my dad through my sister’s paternal aunt.

Your kids will never be considered baggage to the right man :two_hearts:

14 Likes

My husband and I are 16 years apart. We have the most caring, understanding, supportive relationship I’ve ever had. Kids aren’t baggage. I say go for it :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

My man retired from the military at 40 shortly after we met. I was 36 at the time. Not much age difference, but my daughter was 2, and his three were 21 with a grandbaby on the way, 15, and 14. Although there was some hesitation at first of starting over just when he’s regaining some freedom, ultimately our love for each other overtook everything and we found ways to make it work. It’s not been a smooth ride, but in the end…if you both want what the other has to offer, you will find your way. Your kids are not baggage, they are tiny pieces of you, and he if loves you… he’ll love them too.

1 Like

I’m 32 my husband is 41 and he’s made me happier than I ever thought possible.

1 Like

Im 34… My husband is 41…

Which is one of my smaller age gaps lol

1 Like

My husband is 43 and I’m 29. Been married 8 yrs

2 Likes

Age is just a number im 11 yrs older then my husband and we’ve been together 7

1 Like

My husband is 15 years older than me. We have been together for 20years and have 4 beautiful children

I’m 29 and my husband is 39.
11 years (married 8)and 2 kids later we couldn’t be happier :heart:

My husband is 42, I am 29. We have been together 11 years, this month we will celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. When we met he had a 9 year old son. Now he is 20 and we have an almost 8 year old daughter together. As long as your wants are the same and he knows what he signing up for, and wants that, age should not matter.

1 Like