Has anyone dated someone older than them?

I say go for it. My fiance is 11 years younger than me and it’s been one of the best decisions in my life. You never know unless you try :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m 30 and my man is 49 and he treats me amazing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

My husband is 10 yrs older. He’s an idiot just like guys my age are, but here we are 10 years later still going strong. Age is just a number.

1 Like

In 38 husband us 29. Best decision I’ve ever made

1 Like

Mate is 42 and I’m 34. Treated better and less bullshit. At the date bring up what you just did to us. Be open. If that worries him or scares him off, well he wasn’t for you!

1 Like

I’m 43 and he’s 54. Married over 22 years. :two_hearts:We have his and ours for kids. You do you.

1 Like

When i got with my husband he was 36 and i was 22. He had 3 kids and i had none. It never bothered me cuz i fell in love with his kids. Give him a chance ive been with my husband for 10yrs now and we are still as happy and in love like the day we met. Just go for it.

1 Like

My husband is 13 years older and I wouldn’t have it any other way x

2 Likes

When I started dating my husband(12 years older with no kids) he knew up front I had a 2 year old. I told him we were a package deal. And we’ve been married 11 years. You have to definitely be on the same page and with goals and expectations or it just won’t work.

5 Likes

Haha! Well i gotcha all beat! I’m 41 he’s 61! He has adult children and I have 3 teenagers. We have been together for 11 years.

1 Like

My first wife was seven years older and my current wife is four years older. I don’t think it makes a difference.

1 Like

I’m 30 she’s 41, nbd!!

1 Like

I’m 28 and my husband is 36. You’re both adults. As long as an age gap doesn’t bother you then you’ll be fine.

33 and 42 is not a considerable age gap. Go on the date and see how things progress. Good luck :heart:

im 27 my husband is 36 9 years different but its not a big deal my kids from my previous relationship love him my sister is with a man our dads age witch is 53 and shes 31 her sons know him as there dad cause thats all they know and one of my nephews is actually his

30 year age gap, his oldest is older than me and the other 2 are just a year to three years younger. I have a 9 year old daughter. We’ve been together 6.5 years and going strong! Wouldn’t change it for the world. Absolute best relationship I’ve been in. I’m older than my years and he’s younger than his lol.

1 Like

Husband is 8yrs older than me. Married for 34yrs

Love older men. My boyfriend currently is 31. My ex is 45. I’m 24

I’m 27 and my husband is 57. We’ve been married for 8 years and we’re still going strong

1 Like

My husband is 11 years older than me. We have been married for 10 years

I’m 34 and my fiancé is 44. My girls are 10 and 15 and his are 17 and 20. For us, it works. My relationship is great and I would never ever go back to someone my age.

My husband is 15 yrs older than me and we have been together almost 21 yrs married for 9…we have 2 boys 11 and 18…and I wouldn’t change anything :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m 43, my husband is 27. We were 37 and 21 when we met. I honestly had no idea he was so young and didn’t believe him for the longest time. Lol about to celebrate 6 fun and amazing years together and we have a 4 and 3 year old :heart: our moms say he keeps me young and I keep him grounded lol :heart: hey if it works it works, and I’m all for trying something at least once lol

I am 36 he’s 46… been together 8 years. I had 4 kids he had 2 and now we have a baby together.

So…. You have a military man who has successfully raised his own children (who obviously he had when he was young if he’s 42 with grown children…) and he’s a great guy who is open to dating you knowing that you have young children… and you’re doubting going out with him because you have “baggage”? Seems like the only one who has a problem with your “baggage” is you. Don’t block your blessings thinking you’re not good enough. Children are not “baggage.” They simply make you a package deal.

4 Likes

My gusband of 17 years is 56 i am 43 we have raised 5 kids.became foster parents bought a home openeda bussiness together and have been threw richer and porer and sickness and health and im as in love as i was the day i met him.put age aside the kids aside the future aside and just enjoy your date❤

1 Like

Im 23 hes 33. I have an almost 5 year old with autism. We have been together a year and a half. My son is like glued to him. He has been the best with my son. He was also in the military. He also has a 13 year old and we together are currently 24 weeks with our daughter. This has been my BEST relationship.

Age is a just a number. If you click, you click.

Im 28 and my boyfriend is 40 this year. I have a 10 year old , 9 year old , 4 year old and 1 year old and he has a 2 , 13 year old boys and an 18 year old girl. Its alot sometimes but it can work . Its not easy but dont set yourself up as itll fail already or it will. Blended families can be amazing and alot of work but worrh it if you really want it . My boyfriend doesnt treat my kids any different than he does his own and vice versa.

2 Likes

My husband is 54 and I am 36 . We have been together 12 yrs and married 3 . He is my best friend. I love him with everything I have .

Nothing is set in stone, go on a few dates and see how it goes. maybe do a background check on him. Just saying.

I’m 37 and he is 48. We have been together 6 years. He has a 25 and 22 year old and I have a 20 year one then we have an almost 2 year old together.

I’m 35 and he’s 49. When we met I was 21 and his daughter was just turning 16. Even though she lived with her mom he worried about the age difference between me and her…when he finally told her about me she didn’t care, just asked him if he was happy. We have an almost 4 year old now but things are great. Don’t let the opinion of others make you miss out on a great possible relationship. Go on a few dates and see if there’s chemistry. Could it end up being a waste of time? Maybe. Could it end up being your forever happy ending? Maybe. You never know until you try.

2 Likes

He has kids, he knows what’s involved with them. If he says it’s fine, then it’s fine.

1 Like

I’m 32,my husband is 51…All his kids are grown but now we have a 2 yr old together :heart:. Age is only a number…I wouldn’t worry about his age or your kids/baggage.

Don’t worry about it if he isn’t worried. That being said, be careful. He’s a lot older then you and has lived a lot of life.

My husband is 17 years older than me and we’ve got a 13 year old girl and our 2 year old trachie :blush: going on 9 years now :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

My late husband was 12 yrs. older than me raised

Children 4 of them no problem what do ever

My husband and I have 18 years age difference between us. I had a child and he had a child from separate relationships. We now have a child together. It could work out

I just turned 26 in June and my husband will be turning 71 next month. Been married four years in January.

2 Likes

My husband is 7 yrs older than me. Best relationship I’ve even been in.

1 Like

My husband is 47 and I’m fixing to be 34. My kids are 15 and 17 and his are fixing to be 23 and 25. He is the best thing that ever happened to me and my kids!

1 Like

My parents were 26 years apart. They loved each other dearly. Age is just a number as long as you both are legal in my eyes.

I’m 36 and my husband is 29. We’ve been together since he was 18. I had a 6 year old daughter when we got together. Been going strong for almost 11 years. Age ain’t nothing but a number!

My husband is 10 years older than me

Your children are not extra baggage. If he is willing to accept them then you need to give him the chance, IF you two are suited for one another, that is.

I’m 38 my husband is 47 we been together 12 years he has a 26 and 21 year old and I have a 16 year old and together we have a 8 and 10 year old

Age is just a number. My husband is 7 years younger than me. If you guys hit it off then thats all that matters

Girl go right ahead he knows what your situation is and he be has already excepted it so make your move apparently he has no problem with it

1 Like

Ask him straight up if #1 is he even looking for a relationship and #2 what does he think about a already made family package. Honestly from the gate is important.

1 Like

My husband is 8 years older then me. Married for almost 14 years :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

My daughter’s father is nine years older than me. It would have worked out if his maturity level matched lol

My husband is 10.5 years older then me, we met when I was 22 and he was 33. Best decision we ever made was taking that chance!! We’ve been together 10.5 years, married 9.5 years. He’s my best friend and the love of my life. I wouldn’t trade what we’ve found in each other, for anything, ever! Age is just a number. Also we had 5 kids together right away when we met. He had 4 boys and i had 1. Then we had 2 more together a boy and a girl. His oldest is now 22 and our youngest together is 7❤️

1 Like

My husband is 51 and I’m 38. I have a 23 year old bonus daughter and he know has a 17 year old bonus son!! We’ve been together for 14 years and my son calls him dad. We knew each other a month and got married and has been the best thing that’s happened in bot of our life. Besides our kids of course!!

I’m 19 years younger than my husband of 10 years. I’m also a grandmother of (almost) 2 children at 35 ! Because my husbands first daughter is grown but we have two young children of our own. They’re 9 & 8 now! I have never been happier in my life. I wouldn’t change a single thing. Age is just a number. Go for it :heart::black_heart:

I am seven years older than my man.

My first boyfriend was about 20 years older than me

I met my man 7 years ago when I was 27 and he was 41. He had a 9 year old and I had a 2 year old. We are now the most perfect blended family and I love it

1 Like

I’m 35 my hubby is 44… we have been together 16 years married 3 and have 2 kids together and 6 kids all together.( his oldest is 26) and I have 2 grand children from his kids and one on the way)

1 Like

All but one of my ex’s were older than me. We split due to differences, but in good terms if that helps any.

Age is just a number my husband is 82 and I’m 65 been together 25 years his kids are grown min 2

2 Likes

My husband is 9 years older than me an he had a son when we married… we have now been married 31 years an have 4 sons an 3 grandkids it definitely can work an most of the time older men are more mature than the younger ones!!!

9 btwn me and my man, been with him 20 od years, 2 kids…still good as :blush:

1 Like

I was 26 dating someone who was 43 at the time.

Your primary concern must be the. Children. Hopefully he is ready to take on another family after raising his biological children. Also you can hope he doesn’t have a military attitude about how children should be dissaplined and behave, I now of academic where

I’m 33 and my husband is 42 we have been together for 14 years and have one child together. I was 19 and he was 28 when we met. Age is just a number. Happy if you want to pm me.

1 Like

My husband is 8 years older been together for 12 and married 10. We’ve had some really shitty stuff happen revolving our kids and I honestly feel his age really helped with the maturity of handling it

I met my now husband at 29 yrs when he was 39. We have 3 living and 1 angel. My mom and dad were 11 yrs apart and I know my dad loved my mom to no end unfortunately he got prostate cancer and died at 51 yrs old. We both vow to do regular Dr visits. We are thankfully insured too.

Maybe get to know each other some more before thinking about this topic

I feel at his age…he wouldn’t pursue you if he wasn’t willing to take on all the “baggage” you bring. Have you had this conversation? My husband is 8 years older than me. He’s 41 and I’m 33.

1 Like

That is only 9 years - it isn’t like a 20 year difference.

1 Like

Age is just a number

I haven’t ever (except my husband now) BUT I would in a heartbeat if I were to divorce. I’m only 29 but I would definitely date up to 45 at my age now. With the obvious conversation of “I have kids you either step up or step out” if things were to get serious.

My mom was 9 years older than my dad and marrying at 41, past her child-bearing years—oops! Nope, I came along when my mom was 45 and my dad was 36. Happy family until death took my parents. Being older and hard of hearing, my parents didn’t go skiing or white water rafting with me, but we did a lot of interesting travel and visits to museums, performances, etc.

When I was dating around, I met a man my age who seemed like he was 90. I met another man 10 years older than me who was handsome, fit, and seemed 5 years younger than me!

Everyone is different. Just keep talking and asking questions. I’ve known several men who had two families: one with their first wife, and years later with a second wife and loved raising both. I’ve known other folks who were only too happy to become empty nesters.

Me and my husband are 7 years apart :two_hearts:

My husband is 49 and I’m 42, we met when he was 28 and I was 21… there have definitely been times when age seems to make major differences but now that we’re both older, seems like it’s become less and less of an issue :slightly_smiling_face:

The age thing doesn’t seem like a big deal. But PLEASE if you like him, keep him away from your kids until you fully trust him and you know he’s not going anywhere. It’s fun to play family but really bad for the kids if it doesn’t work out and he’s suddenly gone. Do a background check if you decide in the future to have him around them. There are men that prey on single women with young kids. And before anyone comes at me about being a Debbie downer, save it. More women need to hear this and practice it

9 Likes

There’s a 7 year age difference and her kids are grown. My son is 4 but she treats him like hers. We just agreed to no more kids.

I didn’t read through comments… but it’s a first date. You aren’t going to a chapel to get married, lol. You’re putting way too much pressure on yourself and on someone you barely know. Have a first date and have this conversation with yourself at a later time.

3 Likes

My fiancee is 8 years older than me… to 2nd guess it is normal … but give it a shot ull never know unless u try it😉 we have been together going on 8 years

1 Like

Lmao I’m 36 and he’s turning 43 this year…we have an almost 1year old and an almost 5 year old together. Age is nothing but a number once you are of age

1 Like

My step dad is 14 yrs older then my mom. I was 11, they are about to celebrate 30 yrs. his kids were grown also.

2 Likes

My fiancee and I met when I was 26 and he was 43. His son is a year older than me, and his daughter a year younger. I already had a 6 year old and 4 month old (which he has raised on his own) and we had 2 kids together. Love is love, it’s not defined by age.

3 Likes

If he likes you and accepts your a package deal, treats you and the kids good…should be what matters.

My friend is 31 and her fiance is 49. They are getting married in 2 weeks. He used to be a cop and she has a 5 year old. All his kids are grown. Happy as can be. I am 30 husband is about to be 37. We each had older kids and I was set on my 8 year old being the last kid. Low and behold we have a 2 year old and I am expecting again. He was in the military and we are completely opposite. If you love him and he loves you what do you care what others think? So why are you asking strangers? If you have doubt don’t get married if you can’t imagine life without him screw the haters and be happy

My husband is 42 and I’m 29. As long as you guys are happy and love each other, age shouldn’t be a huge issue.

My mom is 11 years younger than my dad. His oldest daughter is 10 years younger than my mom. They have been together 30 years and a couple years ago adopted 3 girls younger than my children. Age is only a problem if you make it one 🤷

5 Likes

I havent, but my mom recently dated someone with a toddler, (shes a grandmother) and it just didn’t work out. She thought it would be okay, but once things progressed it became clear it couldn’t work. Different stages of life mentally

Wasting your time? How is possibly finding happiness a waste of time Lovely🥺 give it a shot because if you dont you might just have missed your one chance with your “soulmate”
Dont pass it up due to an age gap
With this being said, i am happily in a relationship with a much older man. Had all the same fears as you, and if i worried about Age i wouldn’t be Happy now😁

My dad an his gf are 14 years apart, her an I are 9 years apart. Im 17. She’s 25. They had twins last year and they’re a year old. So yes it’s a little weird that I’m closer to her age than my actual sibling. But if you don’t plan to have more kids, I say go for it!

1 Like

Your children are not baggage!

6 Likes

That’s not even a 10-year age difference. Go for it girl! In my opinion age gaps matter less and less the older we get. Once we’re in our 30s, really what is the majority difference between someone who is in their mid-30s versus someone who is in their mid-40s? But since he is into his 40s, you should have a discussion early on about what his future looks like with someone else. Does he want marriage? Does he want kids? Do you want those things? Because if you really have your heart set on having more children and he is dead set against it at 42 years old, that’s something you really need to know and either accept, or decide that you can’t accept and move on. I have an 8-year age Gap with my children’s father. We were together for 8 years as well. We got together when I was 23 and he was 31, we split two years ago, but he will be 41 in September and I am 33 now. Our age Gap was never a problem ever. But we were also both quite younger when we got into the relationship and luckily at 31 he was still open to having children because we ended up having two together. However, now that I am 33 years old and back in the dating game finally, I tend to ask early on if they want marriage and children in their future. I do it in a non-psycho way… lol but the age of people that I am dating now tends
to be 30 to mid-40s and I think that is an important discussion that needs to happen before you grow deep feelings. I would really love to have one more child even though I have one boy and one girl. They ask me for a brother or sister all of the time and I love children, I love being a mom, and I’m good at it, so it would be ideal for me to have another baby, but I definitely want marriage first. I would understand if someone who is 43, had a failed marriage with four kids already, wouldn’t want anymore kids or even potentially not want to be married again. So that’s something that I would have to be okay with in order for me to move forward with any potential relationship.

That’s more precious human beings for the right man to love be loved and share life with! If you find yourself with someone who thinks your kids are “baggage” run away!!! Don’t waste your time!! :two_hearts: good luck!

It’s a first date…
You are putting way too much thought into this for a first date.

5 Likes

I don’t think that these ages , and him being older , is at all going to be an issue. More than likely no one is going think he is much older , being he is not really. Only really I said for him being older , is I would feel a male younger 9 years younger then me, putting him in his early 20s we would be in very different places in our lives

First of all your children are not baggage and neither are you.

1 Like

I’m 35 and fiancé is 75, been together 7yrs last month marrying at end year.
We extremely happy together has nothing do with money or material items as neither of has any lol.
We genuinely in love and get along surprisingly very well with nearly everything in common, he acts and looks much younger then he is and I’m bit of an old soul so works out well for us!!
If your happy, it’s legal and treat each other well then who cares and no ones business but you guys, go for it :+1:.

2 Likes

Please stop thinking waaayyy much into this is a date not like he is going to be moving in in next week :woman_facepalming: you may not even like him and not go on another date :woman_shrugging: just go have fun and see where it goes he knows how old your kids are and obviously isnt put off by it maybe he likes kids yeah his are grown up but that doesn’t mean he wouldn’t mind being around younger kids when the time comes p.s most dating apps they all only want one thing including women so watch out for that go and have some fun girl you got it and if its still bugging you ask him out right :blush: oh not much of an age gap but when I met my fiancé I was 29 he was 34 he has a step daughter who was 15 and the time and son who was 9 my kids were 7 and 4 at the time we now have a 10 month old together :heart:

When I was 18, I dated a guy that was 32. We got along fine. I didn’t want to get serious and he did.Whenas 23, I dated a guy that was 45. That one didn’t last long. As long as you both are happy, the age difference shouldn’t matter.