Has anyone dealt with pinworms?

Pin worms are more common than.you think. Most children/families get them during or before their child/children get out of elementary school. So, it’s ok. And you have no cause for concern on asking questions and getting answers to resolve it. There would be something wrong if you knew and didn’t seek answers/advice on how to eradicate them. You’ll need to clean surfaces and bedding in your home. They are very contagious. You can get medication to treat them over the counter or by prescription. If you don’t have insurance and can’t afford the over the counter medication the ER(most) will dose you and you’ll have to go back for another dose, they won’t deny you treatment. Everyone in your household has to be treated. When my daughter was little her pediatrician told me to put a small piece of flexible tape over the anus before bedtime(if your child is uncomfortable with this, you could do it after they fall asleep. Check it in the morning. The female comes out to lay eggs during sleep and if infected, it will show on the tape. This is a very common thing, so take a breath and realize these things happen. Especially when you have children. Good luck!

My daughter had them. Her dr prescribed medicine, Over $1,000 for two pills to get rid of them. It didn’t work. My sister found us some stuff from Walmart that was only $20. Everyone needs treated and all bedding and clothes need washed, make them take a shower as soon as they wake up and wash everything they had on and slept with that night.

Not a big deal if caught early. There’s over the counter stuff and it’s what the dr will tell you to get. I found it at Walmart. We’ve only had it once. Used the over the counter and it worked fine! Also only treat the one that has it. No need to treat anyone who doesn’t. At least that’s what I was told. Hope this helps.

It happens more often then most realize and just because one of you got them doesn’t mean you both have them. My daughter got them but her brothers never did and they all used the same restroom. Too her to the Dr, got the script and it was literally one pill and done.

It’s from her not washing her hands after using the bathroom. My niece had them when she was little.

Go to the drug store. There is over the counter meds. Everyone in the family will need to dose. My youngest had it

How does one know they have these? I had no idea it was so common!

Use to be common usually from playing in sandbox or outside on the ground—as all children love to do. There is a treatment stay hydrated till doctor.

I am a pediatric RN in a GI clinic. Child needs treatment, wash clothes and all sheets w hot water, dryer heat. Parent usually is treated with the child also

They have over the counter stuff now, take some now then again in 2 weeks. We just delt with them out of NOWHERE. Its called Reese pinworm care. Green box found it at walmart! Wipe butts first thing in the AM with a wet wipe to remove eggs, helps slow the progression. Also we found that using Vaseline in the butt at night helps to take away some of the itchy feeling. Hope this helps!

In the UK I think they will be what we call thread worms if so you can get over the counter remedies and all the family should be treated at the same time.

You need to wash the bedding every day wash the cloths by themself and wash all his dishes by themself it hArd work but worth it

I had them heaps as a kid… had to drink this pink milkshake medicine and they went away…

My sister and her kids had this they gave them medicine that made them poop them out dead

Should join the group let’s talk parasites this is pretty common

Dr. Prescribed pills for each family member.

Treat everyone and animals in your household. They can be treated not prevented.