Has anyone experienced this?

Talk to your gyno about hysterectomy… mine was like that for years before I talked to my Dr about it… she suggested we start the process for a hysterectomy

My periods were always like clockwork until peri menopause hit at around 42. Then I started with irregular cycles, clots, prolonged cycles, missed periods etc. You’re very young to be in the peri menopause window it may just be a wonky period but maybe check with your GYN to have some labs done at least.

1 Like

Schedule an appointment with your gynecologist. I had heavy bleeding and clotting after my tubes being tied and ended up having a complete hysterectomy.

Had this happen to me I had an pelvic ablation was the best thing ever!

Did u get the vaccine ?

9 Likes

I done that and the obgyn found cysts,and I had a hysterectomy

1 Like

Need to see a dr, not ask FB!

5 Likes

Could be infection , cysts , . Did u get the covid vaccine

3 Likes

I believe it’s related to the shot or having covid. I went through menopause 2 yrs ago period free I got covid and since then I’ve had the most horrible periods ever!! The bleeding and clotting are worse than I have ever had! I know a few women that this has happened to! one individual was through menopause for 5 yrs she just got over covid a few months ago and said she’s got her period back with horrible clots also.

2 Likes

I would go to the doctors and get some tests done.

2 Likes

Go to the ob/gyn as soon as possible you could have cancer, endometriosis ot some other issue.

5 Likes

I had this issue for months…it was remedied with an in office ablation. No big deal. I do recommend seeing your doctor as the super heavy bleeding can leave you deficient in iron. Lol I’m glad I didn’t see this thread before seeing my doctor. I probably would have thought I was dying…

7 Likes

Go see a doctor. Mis carages this happened to friend of mine she was pregnant didn’t even know she was having a miscarriage go to doctor

1 Like

I had a tubal ligation when I was 23 (14 yrs ago), I’ve never had an issue with my period due to the operation. You should see your GYN, it might be something non related to the tubal ligation.

I had a couple of periods after I got the vaccine that were heavier and more clotting…now my past few periods I got the signs and a first little tinge of pink to show I started it but no blood after.

I did the same thing, turned out I had fibroid tumors thankfully they were non cancerous and had a total hysterectomy, please go to get checked out

In my experience, getting covid or the shot, has caused menstrual problems. My sister has had problems for 6 montgs now, from the shot, after having regular periods for years. I had covid in July and my cycle was messed up for a few months, but it is back to normal now.

1 Like

For medical advice always ask strangers on Facebook. You should get great advice, if your not sure about it and you take your health and life serious, you can always go to a doctor

2 Likes

Omg, all these people saying such drastic things are out of this world! I did the math and according to your post your 38? Its very possible this is the start of peri-menopause. You do need to see your dr to confirm, but its not the end of the world. Ablation is an option if symptoms are too bad, as well as birth control (if your dr says its safe) to regulate hormones.
I just turned 40 with my tubes tied since I was 34 and I’ve experienced identical to what you are prior to any covid anything

I went through this, it was awful. I had a Uterine Ablation and a DNC over a year ago and haven’t had a cycle since.

I had that issue and had a uterine biopsy showed no cancer just said I was starting menopause and suggested an IUD to make transition a little easier especially with the periods fluctuating.

See your doctor immediately,

What are you waiting for???Go see your Dr.

Did you have the vaccine. There are massive numbers of women who are having similar issues after the vaccine.

Go get checked I had to have a hysterectomy when I was 31 because I went from regular periods to bleeding for like a month at a time. I passed clots and when I would get up from sitting it would gush out and mess up my clothes. I didn’t have cancer but Dr. said it was pre cancerous.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/has-anyone-experienced-this/16314

The only breed of dog that can possibly be ok is the poodle that is why the poodles and anything cross poodle are so pricey as there got hair not fur but maybe meet someone who has a poodle and see if it’s ok . I am not sure ask the doctors too .

3 Likes

I’m highly allergic to dogs and had a toy poodle she was the best thing to ever happen to me. Otherwise there is medication that can help with the allergies so she can have the joy of a doggy friend

1 Like

Check out a Chinese Crested. I know people who are allergic and were able to do this breed with no problem.

1 Like

Adopt a poodle Don’t shop

2 Likes

Poodles or Maltese! I’m allergic to every other dog.

2 Likes

Yorkshire Terriers are another option Yorkies

My daughter is allergic to dogs. She breaks out in an itchy rash. No allergy meds have helped her…

1 Like

We went through this and have never had a pet. My daughter is an adult now and she always told me growing up that as soon as she’s an adult she would get a pet. She started pet sitting for people on vacation and has no desire now for that kind of responsibility. So I guess technically it worked out. She was on medication for a time, but I didn’t want her on medication long term. She got sick with allergies at the last house she just finished sitting at and the dog was a poodle mix. You are correct in saying that hypoallergenic doesn’t really exist. We also did no used clothes for anyone in the family because the dander sticks to everything. You can tell from an allergy test how reactive they are at that time. My daughter was mildly reactive to dairy but highly reactive to cat, rabbit and horse hair. It cut off her airways. She can be around some dogs for awhile but not long haired dogs at all. Hers were so bad that the doctor wrote a note to her school asking that her cubby be away from anyone who had pets.

I’m allergic to animal dandruff but as weird as it sounds I feel growing up eith animals kept them at bay. If I’m in a house with a new animal, I get sneeze and congested but in my house with my cat I’m fine. If I pet an animal and then itch my eyes, I do get sneeze congested and super itchy watery eyes. Long as I wash my hands first I’m fine

1 Like

I wouldn’t give her medicine daily just so she can have a dog it’s not good for her organs in the long run. Maybe a reptile or a hairless pet. I know it stinks we could never have a pet cause of my husbands and daughters allergies.

3 Likes

Maltese could be suitable because they don’t malt?

1 Like

Do you know anyone with a dog?
You could have a play date w/one & see if she develops any symptoms?

She’s 10… explain to her that she’s allergic and what that means
The end

6 Likes

Fenix Puppies has hypoallergenic dogs. They may still be breeding.

My stepson has terrible allergies to the point that if visiting a home with pets he is guaranteed to have a terrible allergic reaction that always turns into a sinus infection. With that being said one of the only dogs we don’t see that reaction is a shitzu.

My daughter is allergic to everything except food thank God for that we just had her test over 100 items and yes she’s allergic to dogs cats dust mites is ur 1 worst so the test says and she is 13 we have always had animals her whole life she just stared taking Claritin and start allergy shot 3 shots every week for a year I do sweep and vacuum more frequently and she now has an air purifier in her room honestly nothing has changed for the good or the bad she is the same good luck it really is a hit or nuts

I’m such an animal person that my poor daughter who has allergies and asthma, had to take meds growing up. We didn’t allow the pets in her room and had an air purifier in there so she’d have a safe place to go. It helped a lot. We had 2-3 dogs (I took in fosters), guinea pigs, birds. Never cats because she tested very positive to cats. As an adult living on her own, she can’t wait to get her own dog. She currently has a rabbit. Shes had no issues being allergic to the rabbit, but everyone is different. Good luck.

I have Been allergic to cats and dogs my entire life. I take allergy medicine daily and i have a cat and a dog (both short haired) keep up on their grooming and im vigilant about sweeping, dusting etc . even when i was Growing up we had dogs as well they were all outside dogs and never an issue mom always gave me otc allergy medicine and xcept for maybe a sneeze or two now and again never any major health issues. Ive owned both cats and dogs my entire life and have never had any health issues due to having pets. So i would talk to a doctor it.

2 Likes

I am 100% allergic to both cats and dogs but have had them all my life. Make sure you stock up on tissue and allergy medication and the slightest touch irritates my skin and becomes extremely itchy and sometimes have a burning sensation, but I still touch them so if you’re wondering what it’s like that about sums it up

I have 2 poodles and they’re supposed to be hypoallergenic. I have bad allergies. I still get them and bad at times with the dogs sleeping on my bed as well :woman_facepalming: but, they’re my babies :heart:

I would see what she’s allergic too from the dog & go from there. Yorkies are hypoallergenic pups. Maybe look into one of those. I got one and he’s the best

I’d possibly see if anyone has a dog, see if she reacts. Not good taking meds longterm and still likely have a reaction

Labradudle or cockapoo are breeds designed to shed less hair and for allergies. Get intouch with breeder and see how your daughter reacts with these breeds.

1 Like

Bichon frise we had. Daughter has allergy and she was fine.

I have heard a few people swear by homeopathic medicine for being able to live with pets

Honey, my daughter was highly allergic to dogs and my son is asthmatic and allergic to cats…
We got dogs anyway… My daughter built-up an immunity to dander and fur that causes the issues. We have had our dogs for 6 years and she has been 100 percent fine.
Try a shelter to visit dogs. See how bad the reaction is and then maybe just get the dog. Children need dogs. Good luck

2 Likes

I’m allergic to every animal and most plants. We have poodles and I’m not allergic to them! I’d make sure to try a full poodle however and not a doodle. Maybe you could have her visit with one and see if she has a reaction.

2 Likes

Obama is I think not 100% sure about this but I heard he was allergic to dogs and he found 1 he wasn’t allergic to

I’m allergic to dogs also. However in 32 years since I had those tests done I’ve only came across 2 dogs that bothered my allergies. Go do a meet and greet. You will usually know within 10-15 minutes if the dog will bother her allergies. Good luck!

Shitzu’s - although they seem really hairy - are actually really good for allergy sufferers. I can’t remember why but something to do with seperate layers of hair :woman_shrugging:t2: Couple that with regular hand washing, clothing/bedding washing and occasional piriton she may be fine.

She may outgrow the allergy.
My ex husband is allergic to cats, we ended up living with 5 cats before we broke up, he outgrew the allergy and was fine with the cats. He now lives elsewhere and has a cat of his own too. Some people grow out of there allergies. Don’t completely dismiss it. Maybe visit places where they have dogs and see jow she gets on.

My daughter is highly allergic to dogs, cats and even high quality basketballs. :woman_shrugging: We have 2 yorkies and she’s not allergic to them at all. I make sure they are groomed regular and they don’t shed hair. I was told they are the only dog that human type hair. Good luck momma!!

1 Like

Try fostering a dog first and see how bad her allergy is.

My daughter is allergic to dogs and we have a shihtzu/Maltese and she is completely fine :blush:

Use anti histomine for a week her body will adjust I’m allergic to cats did that for a week when I got my hypo cat and was fine :slightly_smiling_face: also with my dogs too I did the same fine now

My son is allergic to dogs and we have a small toy poodle. We try to keep dog out of the room. We wash our bed sheets often. Dog doesnt shed and we have dog groom often. So far hes been okay.

My oldest has an allergy to cats and dogs and as long as he has his allergy meds he’s usually fine

I would say test her around dogs. My daughter is supposedly allergic to dogs but has never had a reaction. Not that I’d want her to, but it’s kinda weird to me. The crazy part is, it’s one of the things she’s most allergic to and she loves dogs and other animals. We have a small dog and 2 cats. :woman_shrugging:t4:

After a certain time she won’t react to the dog am same allergic to most animals but family pet a never seemed to ve

There is an anti histamine tablet you can get from your gp
Specifically for allergies to pet hair

I am allergic to dogs, cats, horses, chickens, trees, grass and much more. I had a Maltese (she passed last year :cry:). I could cuddle and snuggle her without any issues. The hair on a Maltese is just like human hair. No shedding issues either.

What ! I am still stuck that you did allergy testing preemptively ! What !!

Try a gutless dog? I’m allergic to most dogs. But have a short haired Shar Pei and he doesn’t affect my allergies unless his skin is irritated. :woman_shrugging:t3:

Lots of dogs are hypoallergenic… or you can just tell her she’s allergic and unfortunately you can’t have a dog…

2 Likes

I’m allergic to all animals but we have a cat, dog and chickens. The body adjusts to having them around. Antihistamines on bad flare up days (change of seasons usually)

2 Likes

I’m allergic to dogs and have an Aussie doodle and he doesn’t bother me at all. Usually I’m red and splotchy, itchy all over, and wheezy with other dogs

Get a hypoallergenic breed. We have a shih Tzu and my kids and I are all allergic to dogs and we have no issues.

My youngest son is allergic and we have 6 dogs. He has his allergy meds from the dr that he takes daily ( has other allergies really bad too) so that helps we also just limit his interaction with our dogs as well and just make sure after he does play with them etc he goes straight into the shower. Bathing your dogs frequently helps a ton as well we use the Jax and daisy wash first followed by head and shoulders to help with the pet dander.

1 Like

My friends daughter was highly allergic to dogs. They bought a Bichon Friese and no problems. If her testing was done more than a year ago, have her re-tested. We can outgrow some allergies. Good luck!

Has she been tested lately? I was horribly allergic to a lot of animals when I was younger but grew out of a lot of them except horses and guinea pigs. Still deathly allergic to those. Cats were one animal I was severely allergic too as well and now I have 3 beautiful felines.

Just tell her it’s not possible, she’s allergic to them and they’ll make her sick

All of my family members are allergic
But we have a long haired cat

Im a groomer small dogs that dont shed would be best. Poodle, malt, shih. Chinese crested is an almost hairless breed. They are adorable too

I’m allergic to dogs but grew up with them all my life

I’ve heard poodles don’t shed. There’s also hairless breed like the xolo dog (Dante in coco) or Chinese crested that may b an option. They’ll b a little more maintenance tho. (Lotion/sun block on their skin)

Get a golden doodle. That’s what we got because my step sisters are allergic to dogs but never had a prob with this type

Sorry but I’d rather say no to her than pump medicine in her every day just so she can have a dog. I think most children go through this stage of wanting some sort of pet and she could grow out of these allergies I would see what she’s like around other dogs before even thinking about it

4 Likes

Any poodle x should be perfect. Maybe take her to a friend who has a :dog2: that is a poodle/poodle x or to a dog park and meet the doggos.

My 7 year old and I are both severely allergic. Just tell her she’s allergic and you can’t get one. I’m not taking allergy meds everyday or giving them to my 7 year old everyday to have a dog in the house. I’d rather be comfortable in my own home. Try a hamster or something

I’m allergic to dogs, cats, dust ect but I have a cavachon and have had no reactions to him even when he sleeps in bed with me but they are a lot of upkeep because they are a non shedding breed they need brushed a lot, why not see if you can get her to meet a hypoallergenic breed before you get one and see how she is

1 Like

My mom had allergies. We had a miniature schnauzers. They don’t shed. They do need groomed regularly. But there are 3 different sizes and 4 different color variations. My parents gave me the one when we had just moved to a new state and I was being bullied badly in school. They said they knew they couldn’t do anything about the friend situation in school, but they could give me a best friend to come home to. She was my best friend, a lot of years my only friend for 15 years.

1 Like

I’m allergic to all animals and my daughter is too and we still have them. Is it mild? My allergist said to take a allergy pill everyday (which I don’t do because I feel like I don’t need it to much) and keep them out your bedroom at all times and wash hands when done petting them and it’s helped a lot for me and my daughter

Perhaps take her to a pet store of shelter and see just how allergic she is? I’m allergic to dogs and cats. We do rescues and have both (our dog is a Siberian Husky, BTW, and they only shed seasonally. Unfortunately, that’s every season :flushed:) It’s worth the sneezing and itching for me. Just a thought. Allergy tests show a reaction, but last time I was tested, it wasn’t specific to how severe my reaction would be.

My daughter has had allergies all her life and she’s been raised with animals, not in her face but in her life. I would NEVER deprive my child of an animal’s love!

Bedlington terriers are great pets especially for people with allergies.
I’m sure if you spoke to a breeder and explained the situation you could meet the breed and see if it brings a reaction :woman_shrugging:

As someone who has severe allergies, I wouldn’t allow it. It’s miserable. Everyone talking about breeds not shedding, it’s not shedding that causes allergies. It’s the dander.

Don’t do it. I have a husky and she’s 9 my son is 5. We found out he was allergic when he was around 2. He wheezes and gets itchy. The dog is limited to where she can go in the house and my son stays away. Every once in awhile we have to give him Zyrtec for symptoms. It’s not fair to my dog to not be fully included all the time or to my son for having to feel like miserable some days cause he gets too close. You’ll end up having to rehome the dog eventually cause you’ll get exhausted fighting symptoms. I’m lucky to have a huge back yard where my dog is happy and she still has a space in the house to be warm if she desires.

I am highly allergic to dogs. Even the hypoallergenic ones trigger an allergy with saliva and skin oils. With that being said, I have had a dog for years. I have to take a daily allergy med, but I had been doing that already when we got her because I have seasonal allergies (apparently I am allergic to all 4 seasons)… I do not have any issues with my allergies with the sog as long as I take my meds. I take OTC Zyrtec and I definitely know when I forget to take it. Having a dog is worth it. I couldn’t imagine life without her. She has brought so much joy to our home and was the 7th member that we didn’t know we needed. She is the goodest gurl! :wink:

1 Like

My daughter is allergic to most animals. We have a German shepherd. She rides horses and is allergic to them. Recently was started on Zyrtec after having her tested due to a weird allergic reaction to something last July that we still don’t know what it was.

We all have bad allergies in our house, we got a golden doodle. Honestly our allergies have not been triggered by her. None of us! I had a mutt for years, like 15 years, and until the day I put her down, anytime she touched the inside of my arm (it’s kinda sensitive skin there) I broke out in hives!

My daughter is allergic to cats and dogs and we have two dogs and a cat. They were all purchased because of her begging. Anyway her allergy pretty quickly improved with just constant exposure and she is fine as long as they don’t spend any time in her bed. Definitely talk to an allergist for advice

Get a miniature schnauzer

Poodles and labradoodles are supposed to be hypoallergenic.

Both kids are allergic… we gave our dog to a really close friend. My girls skin (ezema) is not better nor worse since giving him away. My girl miss him tremendously!! Worse mistake ever. I wish we didn’t give him to a friend although he has a wonderful life.