Help with really bad morning sickness?

PLEASE BRING THIS TO YOUR DOCTORS ATTENTION
ask about hyperemesis graviderium

1 Like

Zofran was my life saver!!!

I had hyperemesis with my first pregnancy, and I would eat lots of salty foods. Ramen a lot because for whatever reason it worked well. I’d sip diet coke, chew ginger gum. Lots of Popsicles. Try unisom and b6 before bed as well. I ended up being prescribed Zofran but not sure if that’s used anymore? Just eat small amounts as much as you can even if it comes back up, baby will probably be just fine. My daughter is almost 9 and healthy as ever even though I was so severely ill. I had to be on ivs a few times, but not after first trimester.

Half a unisom before bed is the only thing that has helped me

I swear by sea sick bands, pineapple and passion fruit pulp juice (blended with water) and odansatron…. My first 12 weeks were absolute hell to the point where I quit my job because i was so sick, I’ve only just come good the last few days from using the top 3 things…. Try fruit also🦋 I hope you feel better hun

I never got sick with my pregnancies. Have you tried plain mashed potatoes or crackers?Sorry if those suggestions made you feel sick.

When I was preggers my acid reflux was soooo bad. I cut out pineapple, acidic stuff. Dairy . Adding ginger and peppermint tea really helped first thing in the morning.

1 Like

Only thing i could stomach in the morning was decad earl gray tea. The first trimester

I was like this w all 3 of my kids. My midwife told me to eat very small meals all day. I was still sick but it helped so much.

1 Like

Eat starbursts. It helps with the acid reflux and will help with eating

Ginger is supposed to help but it only made me sicker, I ate lemons and crackers also very cold Tampico it sounds weird but it worked for my last 3 pregnancies (6 kids)

Preggo pops are great . You can order them online .

This tea is literally the only thing that works. I’m 7 weeks too.

Soda crackers :blush: swear it will help

1 Like

Jolly ranchers help, believe it or not! I lost almost 60 lbs with my last pregnancy from being sick all the time. The Dr gave me zofran and told me to keep a jolly rancher in my mouth in between times for nausea meds. It helped a lot.

Mental game girl…. I felt the same about 4 weeks ago… just eat small every 1-2 hours… also starting taking ritual prenatal vitamins. GAME CHANGER. I also had to force myself mentality cause i own my own personal training business and see over 30+ clients a week lol this is also my third child. Currently 11 weeks pregnant now.

B6 helps with nausea I had to take it my whole pregnancy because I stayed sick the entire time ontop of was prescribed nausea meds because I could not eat other wise

I was in the same boat as you for all three of my pregnancies - I couldn’t move from my bed for weeks until my second trimester hit. Only thing that slightly helped - when I’d wake up in the morning, my husband would bring me an English muffin & I would eat it before I even sat up. It was tricking my stomach into thinking it wasn’t ever empty & I think that’s the key. Never let your stomach be empty. Force feed yourself whatever you can - toast, saltines, goldfish, applesauce, anything. The sickness won’t leave, but it will be at bay.

Hot cereal? I lived on ice one pregnancy, fresh fruit is easy to throw up.but will still give you some immediate calories.

I had hyperemesis with my last pregnancy. I couldn’t stand to smell any kind of food let alone eat or drink . I spent most of the pregnancy in the hospital being treated for dehydration. I hope this is not your case ! Feel better!

Ice water hot hot chicken soup broth and cereal were some of the only things I could stomach and yes coke helped too. Had it with all 4 pregnancies to full term even in labor I was still getting sick. Hope you find something that helps

How do you feel about taking medication? I was put on Zofran the first few weeks of my pregnancy and it wasn’t doing anything so I asked for something stronger that was safe and they put me on Bonjesta and it works really well!!! I’m currently 15.5 weeks with #2 and I can eat just about anything. The nausea is still there sometimes but it’s definetly not as bad as it was

Probiotics helped me a lot.

Whatever you do don’t take Zofran… I can’t believe they are even still prescribing it :pleading_face:

I had this for the first 5 months. Couldn’t even move without throwing up. Would hardly eat anything and lost some weight. Nothing helped not even anti nausea medicine. Just had to wait it out till it finally stopped.

Ring your midwife and ask for something? They can
Prescribe anti nausea and if it’s that bad go to hospital?

Definitely sounds like HG. My wife was diagnosed around the same time. Couldn’t get out of bed. Couldn’t eat, drink, nothing. She is 36 weeks on Saturday and has been on zofran since diagnosed. Definitely speak to your doctor. :purple_heart:

1 Like

Eat what you can drink what you can until it lightens my issue was I had to have something on my stomach before I even got out of bed

I would definitely speak with your doctor about getting some type of nausea medication or you’re going to end up dehydrated and that’s not good.

Ginger tea or ginger candies are good for nausea. Peppermint tea works too.

Yes call you doctor, midwife they can give you some med.

Oh man this sounds like all my pregnancies two of which were like this to the very end …the other two Till about 22-24 weeks :face_vomiting: I was terribly sick had to get iv fluids, tried the b6, Zyrtec, even prescribed zofran which helped only a little each one was so different but I did drink coke with my fourth I tried everything some things worked with each pregnancy some didn’t …bagels pretzels with cheese, sucking on mints, crackers, frozen green grapes, Gatorade Powerade, were some of go to early on each pregnancy I know they aren’t healthy but I really did try there were so many things I couldn’t tolerate as hard as it is try to stay hydrated and eat even little bits throughout the day hang in there …the vomiting nausea seemed to last all day worse in the morning and evenings when I wasn’t working

Try SALTINE crackers before getting out of bed!! It helped me with my 4th pregnancy!!

2 Likes

I worked for a doctor when I was pregnant with my second. Every single morning his wife had me a cup of hot tea on my desk before I got to work, because she knew I was ALWAYS sick and because I shouldn’t drink much coffee anymore. With my son I always had to eat crackers before even getting out of bed.

I had hyperemesis and I took Zofran. Super helpful.

Sounds like hyperemesis gravidarum. Talk with your doc. I’ve been on medicine for it since 8 weeks, currently 32 weeks. If I miss my dose in the morning I am sick all day. Good luck

Crackers was the only thing that could stop the green and yellow bile

There is a prescription they can give you to take every night before bed. The prescription is super expensive, but it’s basically just B6 and Unisom. I’d ask your midwife if you can start it. I had HG this last time and that was the only way I kept anything down!

1 Like

Saltine crackers and warm ( room temp) 7up

It doesn’t sound like you have normal Morning sickness. It sounds like you have Hyperemesis Gravidarum. You can ask your OB to prescribe you Zofran & other things. Hope you feel better.

1 Like

Vitamin b6 am and pm and unisom every pm

Form start to finish I basically lived off of ensures because I couldn’t keep anything down.

C bands from Walmart. They are motion sickness bracelet’s and they really helped me

My Dr prescribed 1/2 of a Unisom tab. It truly worked. I had morning sickness so bad I ended up in the hospital with both pregnancies with dehydration. I also made enough saliva to fill a1 litter Pepsi bottle… DAILY. With both of my pregnancies.

That half a Unisom pill worked wonders.

My 3rd was that way also. I literally threw up daily until 3 days postpartum.
I had to cave and get Zofran.
I eat when I could but they just wanted me to stay hydrated.
I lost 37 pounds during my pregnancy.

I had really bad morning sickness, all day, everyday, all through my whole pregnancy. It was so exhausting! Don’t put up with it if you don’t have to. Good luck :hugs:

I lived on hot chips for the first half of my pregnancy. I felt like nothing and was sick almost everytime I ate. It’s horrible.

I had severe Hyperemesis Gravidarum from 6 to 15w. Im 20w/6 days & still battling nausea but not as bad at all. I dnt have the insane cravings yet either. From 6 wks on I took unisom, VB6, & ginger root capsuls every night b4 bed. I kept dry cereal by my bed & snacked on that b4 I even hit the floor. At 7 wks I started takin 12mg of promethazine (phenergan). It definitely makes u drowsy & then my docs upped it to 25mg.
I knw how ur feeling. I had a heck of a time just brushin my teeth & the only smell I could take was fresh air. Only food I could keep down was peaches & nectarines.

1 Like

Watermelon lots and lots !!

Acupressure bracelets are amazing! You can get them at any pharmacy. They don’t work on everyone but when they do work the change is remarkable. Definitely worth trying. Feel better soon <3

I’m on my third too and same thing happened around 7 -9 weeks whenever I drank Powerade I wouldn’t feel sick at all but whenever I didn’t have it I’d be throwing up everyday I couldn’t even drink water you should try either the red or blue Powerade it worked for me just drink one throughout the day

I was like that with my 1st.smell of food made me hug the toilet. I ended up having to hag down 3 table spoons of peanut butter and 6 crackers n a small glass of milk a day until my 8th month when I was able to eat a little something again.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Help with really bad morning sickness? - Mamas Uncut

The prescriptions didn’t even help me, I was so sick I lost 15lbs, cinnamon gum saved me. Give it a try I would chew it anytime I felt sick even if I was already throwing up and it helped every time

I had this terrible for 4 months the only thing that helped was not eating anything hot. Fresh fruit, salads, smoothies, grilled steak left to get room temp. Sounds weird but that combined with ginger chews and oyster crackers was the only reason I survived

1 Like

When I was pregnant with my middle son, he’s 12 now. They had morning sickness lollipops! I think they were pink and blue. But they did help! But I didn’t have sickness very often. Good luck to you!

Tea, of any variety. Watermelon also. It’s basically just water, so even if it comes back up, it’s not that harsh. I’m sorry I don’t have better advice. It’s been 10 years since I’ve experienced morning sickness.

Mashed potatoes! That is all I could eat for the first 16weeks. Saltine crackers before you get out of bed will help also. And PUSH the water!! Also try Mac n cheese

1 Like

Talk to your Dr as you could try diclention medication. I was extremely sick with my daughter lost over 40lbs. I had to eat very light meals, nothing heavy, lots of fruits veggies and salads. Even then I still threw up alot but it didn’t make me feel as bad keeping it down. Pregnant again the nausea is horrid. I’m 19 weeks and no relief. I chew gum all the time and have ginger candies, add lemon to my water, warm water is easier to drink, and recently bought prego pop candies off Amazon for some relief. I wish you luck mama!

Keep a big bag of lifesaver peppermints and suck on them peppermint settles a stomach. And I would also suck the salt off of pretzel rods they were the only 2 things that helped my morning sickness.

B6 worked for my morning sickness, but I didn’t have it to the extreme you’re describing. Ginger also helped.

Watermelon, potatoes in any form usually stayed down for me, best is French fries.

Get to the doctor’s and get some Meds for it. I was really bad with my last 2 and I miscarriage with one before the last 2 due to being like this. I was hospitalised and on IV fluids I was so dehydrated.

Have you heard of Chicken In A Biscuit crackers? They taste like salty chicken broth in cracker form and helped me with viral and preggo nausea. You could try keeping a few by your bedside and nibble a bit first thing in the morning.

Ginger ale and the small cheese filled rittz crackers were all I could eat that calmed my stomach. I discovered it by accident but was very greatful. Saltines never helped me

Coke actually was the only thing that stopped my morning sickness. Coke syrup was sold at pharmacies a long time ago. I had Coke and Pringles every morning.

1 Like

Get a hybrid CBD Vape Cartridge & use it when you are feeling that way. It helps tremendously with nausea & appetite.

1 Like

I’ve used this for 4 out of my 5 pregnancies…my girlfriends also drank this! Drink RED RASPBERRY TEA, …not raspberry tea, but RED RASPBERRY TEA, sometimes you can find it in the gro stores. But usually found in the health stores. Make like regular tea n sweeten to your liking, it really really good tasting tea!! We used to drink it in place of water!, we also carried our gal to places! Lol…true…goggle it, it also good for you, give it a week…it REALLY works, settles your stomach! P.S…just a few weeks ago, I told my nephew girl, she started taking it,it worked!!!

Saltine crackers with a little peanut butter before getting up helped me with morning sickness. I also had to brush my teeth with baking soda could not handle toothpaste of any kind. I was sick for 6 months.

My dr advised me to try benadryl before bed and vitamin b6. He said the prescription medication for morning sickness can affect the baby so to try that first to see if it would help. The benadryl worked wonders for me

First of all I just went through this. I’m currently 12 weeks pregnant and was sick from 5 weeks up to 11 weeks. I’m just now feeling 100% normal no more sickness. The lollipops for nausea only made things worse for my stomach. This is my fifth and it’s been really bad​:cry:. You’re starving yet sick at the same. I’m so sorry. Push through. Maybe try some fruits or something light. Not too much at one time or you’ll really feel terrible. You go this​:pray:t5::heart:. Congrats as well.

Burnt toast it’s weird but the only thing that helped with my first and that was worst morning sickness I ever had a sip of water and I’d be puking!!!

On Amazon they have these morning sickness gummies and mints that really helped me

Definitely possible to have hypermesis. I had it. I had to get ivs twice a week and was on medications to help. It’s not very well known by many or even doctors…there is a Facebook group and its great! Lots of women who are enduring the same things and can help one another. The ginger thing dosent work with HG and it can be very serious!

2 Likes

Zofran is the only thing that kept me “alive” for my second child. NOTHING HELPED, told my doctor he prescribed the Zofran.

Omgosh I’m so sorry I’m week 15 it’s gotten better but try to force down saltines chicken broth and sprite every four hours bc sometimes I was sick from not eating. Hang in there. Popsicles

I can’t remember what I took, and whatever I took didn’t helped much Cause I remember being miserable with my third too. It did go away second trimester. Hope you find something to ease the nausea. :pray:t3:

This was me!! Diced peaches in the little snack packs saved me! I looked it up and apparently there’s something in the syrup that helps? It’s all I ate for weeks. Hope this helps!

Try Gatorade it should help some too. Try eating small meals in afternoon and evening

I was really bad too… I ate dry crackers, ginger biscuits, toast… really plain stuff… I also felt eating little and often helped rather than a big meal xx

I was sick the whole 9 months for all 3 pregnancies, the only thing that worked, was Zofran. You are in my prayers :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Currently going through this at 15 weeks with my 3rd.
I crunch on ice all day, the small sonic ice.
I tried to eat watermelon but couldn’t so I blend it with ice and a few slices of ginger, I hold it down and it’s refreshing.
Some days are worst if I ate I get sick right away I get bad nausea and start gagging till I puke.

Definitely call your midwife and let her know what’s happening.

Hope you feel better soon

The motion sickness bands helped me the most.

The motion sickness bracelets helped me a little, only ate bagels

First, call the dr. Next, Gatorade/Powerade make awesome ice cubes or popsicles. Maybe try some smoothies?

Hard candy - gin gins- extra strength… Amazon. Bland food salted crackers

They have bracelets for morning sickness. I think you can find them on Amazon or Wal-Mart. Good Luck & congrats…

Id drink peppermint tea!!! It helps so much and mints ect.

Keep saltine crackers beside your bed & eat some before you get up.

Try eating cucumbers

Warm gingerale and saltine crackers

Lemonade and potato chips helped me.

Zofran they probably will prescribed but just fruits,veggies just things that aren’t so heavy but you have to eat on something rather then nothing out of fear the smell of grease would do it for me every time but that’s all that I craved

Peppermint altoids every 15 minutes is all that helped me. I doubt it was the healthiest thing to try, but it’s all that worked because it kept my mouth feeling fresh.

Ginger ale w bananas and saltine crackers

Marijuana works wonders. :green_heart:

I had to have fluids at least twice a week until around 26 weeks with this one because I was so sick all the time, zophran pills and dissolvables didn’t help, we finally tried the liquid zophran and it helped enough to keep water down. :woman_shrugging:t2: I tried morning sickness candies and all that, made it worse. The sea bands didn’t do anything. I wish I could help but nothing worked for me really. They say it usually tapers off when you hit the second trimester, mine didn’t but hopefully yours does.

Diclegis is the only morning sickness medication that can be prescribed now. It saved me! I just recently gave birth 7 weeks ago and Diclegis helped tremendously. Your OB can prescribe it.

Soda crackers nibble on them and sip gingerale

Hypermesis- increase protein