How can I convince my husband to have another baby?

Maybe he will change his mind in a couple of years. Sounds like he feels like his plate is full enough right now.

Gonna recommend a puppy😂

2 Likes

Tell him it is his responsibility to have a vasectomy done if he is dead set against having anymore because there is always a chance. There is no way to really compromise its either have another baby or not.

Put yourself in his shoe

I agree with everyone who says to respect your husband. He said he doesn’t want anymore. If you two didn’t agree on the number of kids before u got married. Then you shouldn’t have gotten married. He has every right to deny another child. It’s his responsibility to care for it as well. When my ex was done. He went and had a vasectomy.

3 Likes

He said no it’s no, you’d rather keep on pushing it and ruin your marriage over something he doesn’t want…. Men have to right to say they do not want more kids just like a women does, you can’t force him to want a child.

5 Likes

My opinion is both parents need to want it. You can’t make him want another. Either be patient and wait him out or be happy with the 3 you have.

1 Like

Maybe He says 3 is enough looking at the expense of 4 kids just be glad you got 3 healthy kids

5 Likes

It’s not all about you. He has a right to not want more. Be grateful you have 3 healthy kids

7 Likes

Get a pet.
You already have a few kids and he doesn’t want any more. As much as he respects your decision, you need to respect his.

If you sit down and discuss this with him with a level head and give your side and he still has a firm no, respect it and move on. Try to come to terms that your factory is now shut down. A child is a MASSIVE decision. It changes everything.

4 Likes

You cannot force him or don’t consider trapping him just because you want another child. Respect his wishes. He could change his mind later on but as of right now he doesn’t want any more children.

1 Like

If he doesn’t want anymore then you can’t force him. What if it were you?

4 Likes

I agree with your husband. You already have 3.

5 Likes

There is no “meeting in the middle” with having a baby! Either you do or you don’t. Maybe he has good reasons for not wanting anymore. Just back him up. My boyfriend was the same way. I wanted another after we had our daughter, he said no, and I thought if it happens, it happens if it doesn’t, well we have a beautiful daughter. And right now I’m 8 weeks pregnant, so maybe it’ll happen that way for you

1 Like

3 is definitely enough and this isn’t something you should be looking for him to agree on when it’s not what he wants. His feelings matter to ya know :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Get a dog. Dogs are always going to greet you with their best no matter what age and stage. They love you and are always happy to see you. They don’t roll their eyes or hiss at you. Trust me those teens make you wanna square up sometimes. Honest mom.

3 Likes

If he says no then no is no

2 Likes

If you want more and he doesn’t just explain that to him and if he still doesn’t maybe find someone else who does want more

3 Likes

Trapping him with an unwanted child is very unfair for him. You already have children. You need to think logicly. But tricking him is not the way.

7 Likes

There’s no meeting in the middle… what you going to have? Half a baby :woman_facepalming::rofl:

5 Likes

How old are u? U still might have plenty of time

Whats meeting in the middle when it comes to having another baby? He said no, respect that. It’s his responsibility just like its yours.

1 Like

There’s no middle. His mind is made up. You have three already so leave it alone. Pressuring him will push him away.

Ask yourself a lot of questions. Like why are the three healthy happy children not enough, am I risking my health if I get pregnant again, are we financially secure enough, with a house of sufficient size to accommodate another person and will we be able to afford four cars, four college/trade school tuitions. If your husband is the sole provider or equal breadwinner and he says enough, is enough; he’s probably already asked these questions and more.

5 Likes

The kids you have are enough. You have boys and a girl. I say let it go.

1 Like

You want something to take care of, he doesn’t. Get a puppy.

2 Likes

Either leave him and find someone else to have a child with, or don’t. No means no.

3 Likes

Understand and respect where he’s coming from i would think.

2 Likes

You can find a new husband

or you can just not be trash and realize he doesn’t want another. No means NO, right? Extend him the same courtesy. 

It’s the same if a woman doesn’t want any more babies. No means no. No matter the gender.

8 Likes

Wait for grand babies, they are amazing!

5 Likes

Find something else to fill your time with besides another baby… never push a child onto someone who is done wanting them. He will end up reaenting you and the baby

6 Likes

I’m very old man , but think what he or she would grow up in ,NOT in this Administration, Think about the future!!

5 Likes

Before I answer your question, are you a working mom or a stay at home mom?
Cuz if your a stay at home mom, I understand his decision. He would have an extra bill apparently that he cant afford or choose not to take on

Get to the heart of why he doesn’t want anymore. It might surprise you. Also, I agree with maybe getting a pet.

1 Like

I’m so sick of these types of posts honestly. If the situation was flipped and he wanted another baby and you didn’t we would all be screaming “YOUR BODY YOUR CHOICE” (which absolutely it is your choice). I don’t understand why we don’t extend that right to men as well. He said no. There is no meeting in the middle on this one. Either you respect that or you move on to someone who does want to have a baby with you. That’s you’re only choice from what I can see.

19 Likes

Straight up!!

Get a puppy :dog:!!!

It’s the work of a newborn! Can be very rewarding, especially if it’s your first, and you have no flippin idea what you’re doing!

They potty train so much easier!!

Puppy school!! (There’s even ones that pick them up from your house with a school bus!)

You’re married. You have 3 kids. Your hubby is telling you no more. You need to respect that. This feeling you’re having right now, it’ll pass.

How old you? Because I got damn tired after 35! I’m singing a whole new tune at 38, with an 18 year old and a 12 year old…. And yes, we got the puppy! Two years ago! :laughing: I’m very tired!! And I walk more now than I ever had to with the kids thanks to the puppy. :see_no_evil:I’m so looking forward to ME time! To traveling! To NOT having my life revolve around kids.

You know…? BEFORE I become a grandma! :sweat_smile:

Embrace it! Don’t fight it. Enjoy every second you can with the 3 you already have! Your marriage will become even better for it!

My husband said no to a 4th and since my grandson was born 7 months ago I’m okay with it. Now I’m glad we didn’t.

6 Likes

You can’t force him into another kid… your only options are to leave and find someone who wants more kids or respect his decisions

3 Likes

There is no meeting in the middle when it’s a child. Perhaps you could sit down and get to tye root to why he doesn’t and also explain to him why you do. I have 4 kids and it ain’t no walk in the park but there isn’t anything I would’nt do for them.

4 Likes

Is this a deal breaker? You already have kids with this man. Its okay to want more but the decision is between you both. If he doesn’t want more, don’t push it on him. He knows how you feel. You wouldn’t want someone to bug you for a baby if you didn’t want one. Having a baby changes things a lot (even if you already have kids with that person). Its big for you and big for him. He doesn’t want that “big” right now.

5 Likes

No means no. Find a way to accept it or leave him to have more kids.

4 Likes

Just wait for grandchildren. I got 3 and phew … no way

An accident should do it!!

8 Likes

I highly suggest talking to a therapist about it. And love and enjoy the children you have. He has a right to not want more.

Idk if he’s the breadwinner or not in the situation but if so please consider how you would support four kids on your own without a partner gods forbid anything happened…

I can understand where you’re coming from because I have two and my current partner not their bio doesn’t want any but I would have one more if he wanted. But I respect his right to not want anymore.

7 Likes

Children cost money, time and are exhausting. You already have 3 and boy/girl mix. Is he the only one paying to support the family or do you work too? How old are the kids and how old are the parents. There are so many factors in this situation. There is no meeting in the middle on this. If he doesn’t want another child then that is his right.

3 Likes

Then you have a decision to make. No more kids or leave and have more.

I’d say be happy with what you have. This world is a bit crazy right now and super expensive. Think about sending the kids you have to college.

5 Likes

Just as you would love to have another and don’t want to end up regretting it, he does not want any more and might regret having another if you push him. His feelings are valid too. Don’t put a child in that position.

6 Likes

Talk with him level headed and find out why. If you still want another baby after you talk with him and he still doesn’t you have no choice but to accept that your husband doesn’t want anymore children. If that still isn’t good enough for you, then you have the option of divorce. But then that wouldn’t be a very logical reason for divorce and you might lose the children you have. Find yourself a hobby that fulfills the “need” for another baby. If he says no accept it and move on. But you do have a right to know why he doesn’t want anymore children.

1 Like

Meeting in the middle, to me, is your three kids you have! My husband “jokes” about wanting a third sometimes… I have out right said NO… I would be pissed if he got me pregnant again with no regard :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::zipper_mouth_face: just saying…

7 Likes

I saw someone say to trick him and have an “accident”. For fks sake, do NOT trick this man into having another child to support against his will!! That’s absolutely disgusting and vile to even give it a thought!!

19 Likes

Focus on your 3. That’s a big family already

6 Likes

If you want another baby, and it’s so important to you, talk to him. :heart::heart::heart: a lot. Open gentle conversation.

Respect your husband’s feelings too. If he doesn’t want another baby, then don’t force it.
I mean talk to him all you want, but don’t be selfish over the situation because you want another baby. Your husband’s feelings are important too.

3 Likes

You have enough just close your legs already. I stopped after 1 and said no more

5 Likes

He doesn’t want anymore but you do. Simply leave and finedsomeone who does want more kids

11 Likes

You accept the 3 he was willing to have and get a friggin puppy or something!

10 Likes

If he says he doesn’t want to have another, you may never convince him. No one could convince me to have a second so I got a tubal to prevent a second pregnancy. People asked me what if my husband wanted another, I told them he can leave me to have another with another woman.

If you pull a sneaky move like poke holes in condoms to have another, be prepared for the consequences. That’s a form of SA and it’s a serious issue.

4 Likes

Meet in the middle…?

Bro, get a dog. :woman_facepalming:t3:

7 Likes

How the effin’ hell do you meet in the middle? Getting a lifelike doll?

4 Likes

Ya don’t. You want a happy marriage or to force your husband to have a 4th kid?

3 Likes

l Get paid over $129 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $17329 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarsBox335.pages.dev/

Baby sit then give them back

1 Like

How would you feel if he wanted another and YOU DIDNT? Get a dog or find a damn hobby ffs

1 Like

He said no…no means no…

5 Likes

Don’t force more kids on someone who doesn’t want more :sparkles: Not a thing you meet in the middle on. Go pick out a pet.

8 Likes

Why can’t you just accept that you have all your babies? Is it just that you don’t want the pregnancy/newborn stage to end?

3 Likes

I’m sorry but how can you “meet in the middle” about a baby? I’m confused.

3 Likes

I just want to know what’s there middle? If that’s where YOU want to meet. :thinking:! ATP I wonder why is it that you’re not content with 3?

2 Likes

Can you comfortably afford another one for the next 20yrs or will it be just topping up the state benefits…

2 Likes

He already said no. We as woman are taught- no means no. That also includes men. I would be very angry if I said no to something and my partner kept pushing. Either walk away and find someone who wants another or respect his decision.

11 Likes

Lmao bro he said he doesn’t want another, end of discussion. Raise the three you already have.

4 Likes

Meet in the middle an get a puppy, you need to respect his feelings no is no end of story my opinion

5 Likes

This isn’t something you can meet in the middle on. I think middle ground would be the fact that you already have 3 children. There isn’t a compromise for this. There’s no such thing as half a child…you either have one or you don’t, and you cannot force someone to have a child. It should be 100% based on consent and DESIRE to have a child. It’s a whole new person…it’s kind of a big deal. I hope that if he doesn’t come around, you’re able to cope with that feeling of loss.

I “convinced” my husband to give me a third, by telling him that I felt like someone was missing from our family. He didn’t want more than our 2, but I told him I understood it would be difficult to have another baby (and then toddler) in the mix, and I felt like I would be sad in the future if we didn’t. When I think about Christmas and birthdays and Sunday dinners 20 years from now, I feel like someone else is supposed to be there. When I explained my feelings and acknowledged that it wasn’t some fleeting baby fever, and that I knew it was going to be really hard for a few years, I think he took me more seriously. He thought about it, and after a few months, he started to feel the same way. If he hadn’t, I wouldn’t have pressured him further.

1 Like

Everyone is being extremely rude on the comments . I think it’s hard to want another one and your spouse not too. I think you have to accept his no though.

You can try and find out why, is he tired, money hard, stressed, etc. That might help you understand why and maybe come up with a solution if it’d something like money. However if it’s just the not wanting anymore you have to accept that and just pour into the children you have now.

There is no middle, either 3 or 4 lol

These comments are horrible and some are uncalled for in my opinion…
It’s an emotional topic. I would say to drop the conversation for now. He has stated his stance on the subject. The more you bring it up the more you can push him away.
I would accept his answer and not expect another child. It probably would be good for you to think about it more as well. Maybe him saying this has brought up emotions that you could have regret. You can never know that though. Live in the present! If you want a happy marriage I would for sure drop the conversation for now.

5 Likes

I have 2 mine are grown, and I wonder why would you want to bring another baby into the mess that our country is in now, you have three be satisfied with loving and caring for them and your husband…

4 Likes

Was children talked about before. Like how many did you and him both say you wanted. Do people really not talk about how many children they want before getting married? Like I get that lives change. But how many children usually stays about the same

There isn’t really any way to meet in the middle about having another child I mean I guess you could get a dog or something

1 Like

Geez. Can’t force anyone to have another baby. Leave him be. He said no, so it’s no. Get a dog or cat

4 Likes

If this is something you really want drop the subject for now. Bring it back up un 6 months to a year. If he still says no, give it more time. Eventually he will see your side or you will see his.

1 Like

Um, you don’t. Babies aren’t a meet in the middle issue. What, are you going to have half a baby? :rofl: You can’t make someone have a baby, what about him regretting having another?

7 Likes

Well…there’s really no middle lmao wtf. A puppy? A cat? That’s the middle.
You have to respect his decision, you can’t pressure or trick him. No means no, that’s it. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Obviously none of your kids are Teenagers yet, hence why you want a 4th!!

2 Likes

It’s probably just the feelings of your youngest growing and realizing that’s it. No more diapers, no more bottles or late night feedings. No more coos and goos… It sucks majorly, My youngest started Kindergarten last week and my emotions are so high at realizing this may be my last ever 1sts… I feel that pain every day… Maybe he will change his mind down the road, But there is no middle when coming to having another baby :frowning:

3 Likes

There is no “middle” when it comes to another child.
If your force him into having another child, odds are he is going to end up resenting you and possibly the child.
If you truly need another little something to love and take care of, get a puppy

2 Likes

You can’t force anyone to want or have more children.

You don’t meet in the middle, he doesn’t want another kid

5 Likes

You don’t. There is no middle. If you force this he will regret it and resent you and possibly the child.

8 Likes

It’s pretty black and white for this situation. It’s really not possible to meet in the middle when you want one and he doesn’t. The best thing you can do is to sit down and talk to him and express how you feel and see if there is room for compromise. But it’s important that you respect his feelings as well because you expect him to respect yours. That’s how relationships work. If nothing can be figured out and a solution can’t be put into play it’s up to you to decide where to go from there. If it is THAT important to you then you do have the option to leave so you can have another child BUT if that’s the only thing wrong in your relationship then the decision to leave should really be treaded on lighting. If he’s a good man and is otherwise doing right by you, then as sad as you may feel about not having another baby, would it be worth losing a good man and your family just for the sake of having another baby? In most cases I would say no, this situation is one where you must simply choose your battles. Maybe a pet could be a solution if you don’t already have one? Or if he would agree to adoption maybe that would be an option too. What are his reasons for not wanting another child? If you’re not sure ask him! Even if you don’t agree with each other you both should still be on the same page as far as communicating. This is touchy subject and I’m sorry you’re going through it. Sometimes it may work out in the end though just depends on life. My boyfriend and I just had our 3rd baby in 2020 and we had 2 girls already, he was the first boy. We both really wanted a boy, but we both knew we were done after 3 (only 2 are biologically his, my oldest is from a previous relationship). Fast forward to now, I just had a second boy in June and our boys are 2 years apart. It wasnt planned, we weren’t trying but it happened. He didn’t want another one and I didn’t at first but after finding out and processing it I was scared but okay. Sometimes shit just happens the way its supposed to even if it’s unexpected.

There’s no meeting in the middle. He said no he doesn’t want more children. Do not coerce your partner into a child he doesn’t want. Why would you even want to put that on a child? If you are really struggling then get into therapy so you can work on accepting the family size you currently have or if you need to divorced so you can go out and find someone to have another kid with. I’d suggest exploring why you want another child and whether you can just put that time and energy into the current children.

3 Likes

Middle is adopt a puppy lol

6 Likes

That’s not meeting in the middle. Lol

2 Likes

There is no compromise in this situation. Leave it alone for a while and there’s always the chance he could change his mind but please…dont stop using your contraception on the off chance he’ll think its failed.

2 Likes

Rather spoil the ones you have than have another one. Keep the masses happy.

3 Likes

Do these people not talk about kids while dating anymore? I guess since I have been married or even so, been with my husband since 2001, times have changed. I am so sick of seeing posts about woman wanting to force these men to have more kids. Who in their right mind would even want to have kids in this world anyway!?! :woman_facepalming: Let it go!

4 Likes

Grow up and respect his wishes.

6 Likes

There is no meeting in the middle. You don’t have half a kid. I would lean toward hubby’s side of no more.

5 Likes