How can I cope with my husband not wanting another baby?

Oh boy. First, his ex did nothing wrong. Also, did you discuss prior to marriage how many kids you guys may want??

1 Like

Let him deal with the full responsibility of preventive measures of pregnancy. And if he forgets then itā€™s on him. No reason why you should put your health on the line being on birth control. Just saying.

If one says no. No is the answer

Give it time. Hell Iā€™m weeks away from 40 and pregnant with my 5. I was done at 2,3, and 4. Iā€™m on my 2nd husband and he wanted a kid of his own I gave him one and I was done but things happened and I decided on a couple more. Tubes are being removed after this one though!

1 Like

Be careful what you wish for. You husbandā€™s gut instinct is no. Be grateful and happy and enjoy what you have with the two older boys, baby princess, and momma&daddy
Itā€™s perfect now and a van full already. Be content

3 Likes

Same here sometimes. He might change his mind.

1 Like

As much as it might suck to hear. His feelings about not wanting another baby are just as valid and important as yours are for wanting one. He shouldnā€™t be forced to have another baby to make you happy.

Unfortunately this should have been discussed previously. This is not going to be a win win, lose lose situation. If he sticks to his guns and says no more kids you may get resentful and end up divorcing him. OR you may find that you indeed are perfectly happy with just the children present. On the other hand, if you get pregnant he may grow resentment towards you and end up in divorce. OR, you may get pregnant and he fully embraces it and all is good. You need to sit down with him and have that conversation with no distractions around. He needs to understand your feelings for possibly wanting another child, and you need to understand his feelings for not wanting another one. It is very possible that since you two suffered a stillbirth previously that he is terrified of it happening again. But you two have to sit down and talk about it all.

1 Like

I think you two need to have a honest conversation and hear each other. Maybe you can work it out with both of you coming away feel good about the
Decision

1 Like

Oh my goodnessā€¦how can you blame his ex for anything thatā€™s just silly. He could have went on and had 10 more children, she had no control over that, so blaming her for him not wanting to have more children with you is ridiculous. Why does anyone need to be blamed anyway. Maybe talking about another baby so soon is rushing it a bit for him since you just had a baby. Maybe heā€™s worried about another devastating loss and just doesnā€™t want to talk about that possibility. Maybe having multiple kids should have been decided in the beginning. I think your resentfulness is uncalled for and just giving you someone to blame. Maybe giving the guy time to digest it all and be a daddy to his new little girl will change his mind but even if it doesnā€™t youā€™re blessed to have a beautiful healthy little girl and two beautiful bonus children which is not obtainable for a lot of women out there. :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

Yā€™all need to come to a compromise

You just had a baby. You have a newborn in the homeā€¦ which can be very exhausting and stressful. Heā€™s not wanting anymore now, heā€™s dealing with a newborn. Donā€™t pressure him, but maybe he will change his mind as the kids get older and he misses the babies.
You guys should have also had a conversation about kids before you got married.

2 Likes

Maybe heā€™s afraid due to what happened with your still born daughter?You already have a beautiful family,You wouldnā€™t want to damage your relationship just cause you want another baby be very careful with this.He wonā€™t be to old thatā€™s silly for him to say,he has other reasons heā€™s not telling you ,or maybe itā€™s finical or as I said above give him time maybe he will soften up !I wouldnā€™t push it !

2 Likes

My husband is going to be 39 this year I just turned 33. I had our last in dec. But Iā€™m greatful, enjoy life together.

Itā€™s only been 2 months since you had your last, give him some time hon; you both are still young and have time to live, be parents to your bonus kids and your new baby girl. Try not to resent him, just focus on the now, he may change his mind.

Maybe they talked about it before marriage and she wanted 2 just of her own so her baby could actually have a full time sibling. Then they lost their baby 3 years ago and now he feels to old yet she still wants 2. Yā€™all are so quick to be judgmental, I feel like half the moms being so mean are bitter baby mommas. She also clearly stated IRRATIONAL resentment because she knows itā€™s not their fault they had 2 kidsā€¦ yā€™all need to read better and try being more understandingā€¦

1 Like

She also mentioned sheā€™s not completely sure if she wants another baby, but is upset that she feels like she couldnā€™t even if she wanted to.

1 Like

My boyfriend had 3 kids from a previous marriage before me , first kid at 16, and then he get with me at the age of 20 with no kids and I told him itā€™s not my fault you accidentally had 3 kids with a women he canā€™t stand now and I see myself having 2 kids ( we have an almost 2 year old) and I still want one more , he shouldā€™ve chose someone else if he didnā€™t want more kids yanno :slightly_smiling_face:

For the longest time I didnā€™t want another baby had two at 19&20 they were about 8&9 when I just wanted another one it didnā€™t go away everytime I seen a baby I wanted one. My boys were 13&14 and I got what I wanted even started all over again best decision and my 3rd makes it all so worth it. Let it just settle in he will come around if another baby is ment to happen for you all then another baby will happen :blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

His ex has nothing to do with you being envious that they had multiple kids together. Talk to your husband about the baby situation. If he says no then you have to make a choice. Stay with him or if you want another baby so bad leave and find someone who wants one with you too.

I had twins at age 38, theyā€™re now 13. He is not too old to be having more kids.