How can I get my 9 year old to stop peeing in bottles?

Take him to the Dr regardless of why his doing this.

3 Likes

Typical boy thing if they can point it they will pee in it.:roll_eyes: they do grow out of it after telling them off enough times remove all bottles daily.

He simply doesn’t want to get up and go to the bathroom, I know an adult who is like this and it’s ridiculous

1 Like

Take away any and all bottles.

I think it’s video games. Usually gamers do this(lazy ones) lol

2 Likes

He a resurrected truck driver.

6 Likes

Oh, so you mean this may never stop. My 7 & 8 year olds pee in bottles.:tired_face:

My older 2 boys did this mess too. They outgrew it thank god, but it was a nightmare. I found a pee cup in the shower one time and was like “WHY??!!! The toilet is right there?! Or even the shower drain??” :grimacing::joy:

Time for some discussion with your gp or paediatrician about it to investigate if it’s a compulsive behaviour and a facet of an ocd etc? My guess is that if the behaviour is looked at and investigated appropriately then you will at least have support and some strategies to help you and your child change this behaviour together. Wishing you the very best of luck.

1 Like

Try a urinal with cover if he’s afraid to go to bathroom, love him and let him know it’s ok in the urinal he won’t go to college doing it in bottles

1 Like

Stop buying water bottles…

3 Likes

I had a cat litter container that I would pee in at night When I lived with my grandma because I was scared of the house and the dark and she would always leave a light on but I was still scared of the house

3 Likes

I’d stop buying water bottles. Also, no one on here can tell you why he is doing it, you need to ask him that

1 Like

Tip it over his head until he stops. WTF are you letting happen?

13 Likes

We went through this with step son. With him he has a cousin thats wheel chair confined with MD so he was him use a urinal and decided it was acceptable for him to do when he was feeling too lazy to walk to the bathroom while playing his games. Wish I could give you some wisdom but we finally had to punish him by taking his games away as he just got better at hiding the bottles.

1 Like

When you figure this out let me know, my lazy ass hubby still does this at 42 cause he doesn’t want to walk upstairs to pee.

He may feel very secure in his room. I, for many years felt secure in my room. No corners to see in my room but outside of room something could jump out…

1 Like

I’ve neverrrrr had this happen. Other than just keeping absolutely no bottles in the house I’m not sure what else there is to do.

1 Like

Maybe he’s still scared to leave his room at night even with the lights on? I’d talk to his Dr

2 Likes

Needs to be a Truck Driver

2 Likes

My 68 year old father does this… Don’t ask me how I know :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I would say he thinks it’s funny

Talk to his doctor. May be a stress related

This sounds like mental health. He needs support

1 Like

What’s he viewing on the internet that you don’t know about? Who does he hang around with? Does he go to a school around other children to hear what they say and see what they see?

Not buying or removing bottles from the house isn’t a solution. He’ll find something else.

1 Like

He is probably holding it until he can’t anymore because he doesn’t want to get up an walk to the bathroom an then just using what he has around him. Just pure laziness now on how to make him stop idk take his stuff away if he has a game system in his room he probably doesn’t want to walk away from it to go to the bathroom take the game if it’s the phone take the phone or whatever

4 Likes

Omgoodness! My child use to do that! He was just into the video games and didn’t want to get up and go to the bathroom.

My husbands brother does this. He’s 10. He said he’s too lazy or when he’s playing on his Xbox and he doesn’t have time to pause he pees in the bottle. He had 5 Gatorade bottles completely full sitting on his dresser :nauseated_face:

Take him to see a professional

My son did this when he was 12. It was because he didn’t want to get off of the video game to go to the bathroom. Maybe your son doesn’t want to stop what he is doing to go to the bathroom? Just a thought. But also, boys just tend to do gross things. My 5 year old got poop on his hand when wiping and instead of washing his hands he wiped it on the wall :flushed:

My ex does that but only when he really has to pee and someone was in the bathroom.

With him being so young… it is could be something else.

Its hard when you don’t know if he is “just” doing it or if there is an underlying issue…. Hope you find the answer.

1 Like

I use to do this growing up, I’m a girl but still did it

5 Likes

Is he a gamer or on a ipad could just be being lazy

2 Likes

Ask him WHY he does it. But in an "I’m curious " way.

Sounds like this is something guys do especially when they are playing video games or don’t want to stop what they’re doing (driving etc) super gross but I will be on the lookout for any bottles of urine in my sons room! :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

My brother did this for a while too - same thing, video games.

Stop keeping bottles in your house. And also tell him, that’s not normal and 9 year olds don’t do that.

2 Likes

Going to be a truck driver

11 Likes

Kids learn behavior from parents…

Once you rule out any physical health problems I would take him to see a mental health professional. Is he staying in his room on his game alot. It has to be a reason. Does he do this in his school setting? If not you know it’s something he chooses to do and it’s not out of urgency due to a medical reason.

4 Likes

My brother did this and he didn’t want to leave the video games. Very unhealthy. He eventually grew out of it.

2 Likes

Serious red flag you need to watch him extremely close sexual assault all kinds of stuff but what ever it is it’s not good !! :face_with_hand_over_mouth::warning::persevere:

1 Like

Can you post address.Definetly don’t want to stop by once he opens his lemonade stand.

7 Likes

Honestly I would suggest therapy, sounds like there’s an underlying reason and he isn’t going to tell you…

6 Likes

Stop buying anything bottled.

3 Likes

Boy being boy. He doesn’t have time, in his opinion, to go into the bathroom. Also, do you have multiple children and one bathroom?

Why was he peeing in bottles in the first place?

have u took him to dr his kidneys may not can hold the pee t get to bathroom. my daughter peed to bed till she was 8 and i had to take her to the dr they gave her pills and she stopped.

Is it just overnight? I’ll go against the crowd here and say I’ve at least kind of known a few guys who would rather pee out a window or in a bottle than walk to the bathroom. I wouldn’t immediately jump to anything horrible but maybe consider counseling if there’s any other issues.

1 Like

This isnt normal. Its either hes been lazy or hes been or going threw something and is scared to get up leave room to go to the bathroom. He needs to be able to seek help!

5 Likes

My husband is does this now when he doesn’t wanna leave his game :woman_facepalming:t2: or in general doesn’t want to get up to go to the bathroom. :roll_eyes: anything bottled I stab the bottom so if he tries it spills out.

boys…they are something!

1 Like

Has he experienced any loss or trauma within the last year? This can be a symptom of hoarding.

Sounds like a nighttime ritual/routine. Could be fuelled by a fear. I mean, that walk from bedroom to toilet can seem pretty creepy to a child at night, even with a light on. I, personally, used to do the sprint down the landing in case something got me. Same feeling of anxiety when getting from door to bed at night as a kid - sprint & jump so nothing can grab you from under the bed. There was nothing there, except my overly active imagination.
I wouldn’t rule out it being due to a condition either though, because some conditions do come with conscious ticks & behaviours that just can not be helped.
Either way, a chat about future sleepovers might help him to see how much of a problem his nighttime toileting preference might be

1 Like

My first thoughts were your kid is nasty but reading the responses I’d definitely look into why… ppl don’t just urinate in bottles

3 Likes

My son peed in his toy box when younger even leaving bathroom light on.scared leave room at night soon grew out of it

My husband used to urinate a lot when he was little, at some points people didn’t believe he really had to pee that often…. He was seven when this was happening. Turned out he’s a type 1 diabetic. Might be something to look into just to be sure.

7 Likes

Does he spend a lot of time in his room? Maybe he has trouble making himself leave?

1 Like

Could be a number of things.
But most likely be a case getting caught short. Be it he cant hold it to get bath room for medical reasons or because hes left it too long or donr want lose game time.
Maybe insist for a game break every hour. Make him leave his bedroom for that break. To do loo run or get a snack and loo etc.
If case its medical take him to have a check up with his doc to rule that out.

Plays computer games into the night is the usual reason and well just ask, truly.

1 Like

Maybe hearing how not good this is from a doctor or another person of influence could sort his head out before it becomes worse

1 Like

It’s pure laziness. Sorry but it is, my ex husband did this shit.

He’ll grow out of it. It’s a boy thing along with too busy to stop what he’s currently doing.

Have you asked him why?

Number 1 thats completely gross and may just be pure laziness and this is the second post today I’ve seen of a boy peeing in bottles but the other one is a 16 year old boy so figure that one out

3 Likes

Grown men do this :joy::joy::joy: it’s pretty gross

They are old enough to know why…Place their blanket and pillow in the bathtub…Tell them to sleep there ir’s closer to the potty…Stand your ground.

3 Likes

Get him a hand urinal to use. Then he doesn’t think he has to hide it.

Why not place a bedside commode next to his bed ?

I think it’s just a boy thing. My 5 year old used to pee in his closet because he didn’t wanna walk to the bathroom :woman_facepalming:t3:

Does he play games in his room at all. Like video games. My friends son use to this for along time turned out he was to lazy to go to the bathroom because he didn’t wanna leave the game.

3 Likes

Maybe just to lazy to get out of bed to go to the bathroom.

has he been molested?

He’s just a trucker in training lol

4 Likes

I don’t want to be a wet noodle, but is it possible something could have happened to him in a bathroom. I’m not suggesting at home but maybe school or a public place. Consider seeking medical advice and have him checked for any medical problems. Good luck

18 Likes

Tell him next time you find them you will hand deliver them to him at school in front of everyone

10 Likes

Quit buying water bottles …

5 Likes

Are you looking for a permanent solution to your Fibroid problem, deadly disease or virusthat have denied you of giving birth or have caused you several pains and shame?
Have you being through a lot financially in your quest to get rid of your Fibroid completely?
If yes, you are about to discover the most powerful herbal man that have powerful fibroid remedy ever existed that can help you to shrink your Fibroid completely without regrowth.
What I will be showing you now is a Defensive strategy that have helped thousands of women across the world to get rid of their Fibroids growth and any related symptoms completely.
So, I advise that you sacrifice a little time of yours to contact dr honest for your well-being and patiently read through this page till the end as I will be showing you how Natural supplements can help you shrink your Fibroids completely without regrowth and any side effects. Contact dr honest via: Redirecting.... Please share this if dr honest has once helped you in getting rid of any deadly virus or diseases :sob::sob::sob: please share​:pray::pray: to save any souls who have been in pains for years just like me :sob::sob::sob::sob:

3 Likes

My 9 year old use to do this just because he was flat out lazy.

3 Likes

My brother did that… don’t know why…

I would get him checked out, just be safe, he may have a hard time holding it when he wakes up from
Being asleep. Could be an enlarged prostate, or undiagnosed UTI. Then try to talk to him, not when complaining, but tell him you’re concerned that he can’t make it to the bathroom in time and maybe he needs to get checked out. Maybe while driving, kids sometimes will open up when they don’t have to look you directly. I had a couple of uncomfortable chats w my son. And it’s not so easy for them to get mad and storm off. Good Luck

7 Likes

Is he having a hard time holding it so he likes to have something close maybe? Have been with someone who has had an issue in this way medically and did this maybe ask why he does it instead of assuming? And speak to his doctor about it?

2 Likes

Does he poop on the potty?

Did something happen to him in a bathroom where it’s a trigger? Maybe at school?

Does he play video games?

Watch scary movies or something on social media?

Sit down and talk with him. Ask him “what can I do to make going to the bathroom easy for you?”

My brother and I did this when he were about that age. We didn’t want to miss our show or leave the video game we were playing. We once drank an entire gallon of apple juice then peed in the bottle. The next morning for breakfast our mom said " I found the apple juice in yalls room" to which we said “mom that’s not apple juice”. We never peed in bottles like that again :joy::joy::rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

Is he in his room for gaming etc is that why his doing it
(needs more routine - a sport etc some time off the gaming comsole etc :wink:

If not I would take him to see why his doing it - if it’s lazy - or if there’s a issue there.

Or tell him he doesn’t leave ur eye sight - he spends the week with mum constantly . See if he goes to the bathroom under watch as he won’t be able to pee in a bottle if ur watching him constantly

4 Likes

Kids are resourceful! Taking bottles won’t eliminate other containers such as jars, large Tupperware, bringing them from elsewhere, etc. I agree with the others who say to seek answers from your child and/or dr until you find a solution that best fits. Praising the positive opposite goes a long way as well! It’ll feel weird at first but just appreciate when he does take the time to use the restroom. Create a productive system for when you do catch him doing it. You can make it a house rule where all members must use the restroom and only the restroom or a punishment of equal value will happen as a result of utilizing bottles. That’s helped a lot with my child with things I want to change in her behavior.

Is he playing video games n don’t want to stop to go use the bathroom? Or maybe is he just plain lazy?

No Tv , No games nothing !!

3 Likes

My brother still does that at 52 he gets too involved with his gaming to takt the time to go downstairs and use the bathroom.
I suggest taking any empty bottle and cut them in half top to bottom same with take out cups. Maybe offer a hospital type urinal but he has to empty it and wash it by hand twice a day if he does not want to use the toilet.

6 Likes

I truly think your child needs to be seen by a doctor to find out why

2 Likes

Dont let him drink anything 2 hr before bed.

1 Like

Simple, put apple juice in a similar bottle and tell him to drink it. If he doesnt he cant pee in them anymore. If he does, you have bigger problems on your hands lol

1 Like

My son did this until his daddy found his bottles!! His response was bc he was scared to go in the hall at night!! :woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4:

Oh hell no, he’s old enough to know better! Unless he’s developmentally behind, or there’s a medical issue. Treat his butt like a child being potty trained. Set a timer for every 30 minutes and walk right into his room, remove him from whatever he is doing… and make him go to the bathroom! You want to act like you don’t know how to use the potty, I’ll have to reteach you!

Probably a phase, ignore it and let it pass. Before long he won’t be able to piss in it without pissing on his fingers and he will stop

Yep… i had a boy same age that did this for awhile… He’s adhd & 1 day after i cleaned his room & he came home from school… i offered his a cup of juice…and said id found a bunch of half bottles in his room so had put them in the fridge(i hadnt) but he then quickly declined the drink & told me what it actually was… i asked why. His reply was he just thought it was funny to see how long it took to fill different bottles…:roll_eyes:

7 Likes

boys do this kind of thing , because physically they can!!!, tell him it is unacceptable and do weekly bedroom inspections, this too will pass, I think it is laziness mixed with ability, he won’t do it forever, but not a habit you want to encourage!

2 Likes

Hmmm could he be masturbating and when he’s done has to pee so bad that he can’t make it to the bathroom, I know you may not want to think about that aspect yet but it could be possible.

4 Likes