How can I get my 9 year old to stop peeing in bottles?

Omg :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming: this is a boy thing. My oldest boy used to pee in his toy box. My other one was peeing in bottles.

1 Like

My son has been doing this as well. He is 14, it’s not all the time but his excuse is he hates the dark, but there is a night lite in there :woman_facepalming:who knows why these boys do this

First check if there is a medical reason for it. If there is not, then play a trick on him. Leave somewhere he can see a bottle of apple juice, he will use it to pee, next morning put the pee in a glass and tell him you served him the apple juice you found in his room. Sure enough he will stop doing it :sweat_smile:

I would take away tv and electronics starting with 24 hours and go up each occurrence.

1 Like

I’d tell him if I found one more piss bottle he would have all his sh!t taken away. When he gets his own house he can piss in bottles.

1 Like

Thank You, God, for giving me only girls!

4 Likes

Ugh mine does this too and he started at about the same age as yours. He said it was because he was scared of the dark so i got a flashlight for him left lights on etc. But he still does it every now and again a year and a half later.

Break this crap so their wives don’t have to deal with it. Lazy ones will probably still be doing it in their freaking dorm rooms. Epitome of laziness.

3 Likes

Take a bottle of his pee and get a bottle of apple juice and sit both bottles in front of him and tell him to pick one, say "one is your pee son and the other is juice, pick wisely " and let him know this game will continue long as he keeps peeing bottles or anything else other than the toilet.

2 Likes

I think something scared him. Do you hae anyone else living in your house? Do he ever go pee in the bathroom?

2 Likes

Our neighbors 19 year old son peed from 2nd story window regularly
Wtf

2 Likes

It’s totally a boy thing! Mine is 13 and has been doing it off and on for the last 2 years! One it could be the dark or two they lazy and don’t want to stop what they’re doing to go pee! I told my kid you do it YOU clean it up I’m not! So if it spills you cleaning it and then his friends can joke on him for his room smelling like pee! He started going to the bathroom after that!

Have you asked HIM why he does it? You only said what YOU thought the reason was, but if you ask him why he does it, that would give you an idea of how to handle it. Also does he play video games or watch a lot YouTube? I’ve seen where gamers would pee in things other than the toilet to keep from interrupt game play :woman_shrugging:t5:

2 Likes

My stepson used to do that for as long as I’ve lived with him (8-19 years old). The first time I found out my 9 year old did it I whooped his but & grounded him. I rarely spank him (1-3 times a year). But I wasn’t going to go through that again. So sorry you are going through this.

2 Likes

My son pees in bottles and one of them grew piss mushrooms.

The end.

Literal piss mushrooms.
He’s about to be driving … maybe he’s growing himself a little “fun guy” to be his road dog?

I’ll be in the corner.

Correct this behavior. Show your disgust and publicaly humiliate him. My ex used to do this. I would get in the car and there would be 3 pee bottles sitting on the floor sometimes the same one for weeks

2 Likes

Take him to a doctor. I raised 2 boys and they never did this, but I have friends whose sons have done this. He had to of learned this behavior somewhere maybe he saw his dad or a grandfather do it. If it’s medical maybe he can’t hold his urine long enough to make it to the bathroom, it might be a bladder issue & not a control issue.

3 Likes

Video games? Does he not want to leave his room for some reason?

1 Like

Rub his nose in it and firmly say “no”.

19 Likes

Sounds like some therapy may be in order… there is a name for this, I forget what it is, but sooner rather than later he needs some help.

I’m really unsure which way to answer this. My first thought was perhaps he has a medical issue, but that still doesn’t mean it’s okay to pee in bottles and hide them. And then there’s this…where did he get this idea? In trying to consider what we would have done when our son was this age, after having the conversation once the surprises were found, we would have discussed it openly (as we always did with any subject on an age appropriate level) if we found this again, we would have to discipline for not following our talk about not doing it and explanation. I should preface this by saying that if there was no explanation from him, no complaints of symptoms of infection, etc. we would be having a doctors visit to rule out anything medical. From our experience, at this age our son was starting to test limits, picking up on bad habits and other things his friends talked about. We knew him well enough that he understood when we talked about it that it should stop. If the doctor clears your son from any kind of medical reasons, it’s time to figure out how you are going to approach this. Is it a behavioral issue?? Is he gaming and doesn’t want to stop long enough to go to the restroom? Whatever your discipline approach is for your family, time to enforce it and follow through. No food or drinks in the bedroom, take the door off his bedroom, limit gaming, and if he needs privacy, he can go to the bathroom for it.

I would change up your stance and say he can owe in the bottle but he must dump it or trash it in the morning, not hide it.

The thing about kids is they need some sense of control. This is actually not a big deal at all. As long as he puts the lid back on and throws it away. I’m gonna guess he’s tired and doesn’t want to get up. Eventually he’ll outgrow it and if he doesn’t, so what? Peeing in a bottle is the least of your worries. I’ve been a mom for 19 years this June. Somethings you just have to let go of or ride out.

Stop buying water bottles or any bottle of any kind :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Tell him if he does not stop peeing in Bottles that you are going to bring some to School and tell the Teacher when he needs to go to Bathroom,let him pee in Bottle like he does at Home.

4 Likes

This could be a result of SA.

2 Likes

So I never really comment in the group but my son is 11 and he did this over the past year. We tried to find the root of the problem, and it turns out that it is just simple laziness. I have never heard of any kid peeing in bottles before but turns out it isn’t all that uncommon, I thought there was something wrong with my son but found out that most mamas I know have had at least one son that has done it. I know it is frustrating and gross but all you can do is continue to stress your disgust, lecture him, and be patient because it will eventually stop.

4 Likes

Dr and Therapy.

Dr to rule out any UTI’s.

Therapy incase it’s something more sinister.

2 Likes

Sounds like pure laziness to me, i have a 9 yr old boy he used to be scared of the dark but managed to make sure he goes toilet before bed

1 Like

My fiancé, as a man, said boys and men do this pretty commonly, he said sometimes it’s a lazy thing (my nephew has peed his pants to keep playing games) sometimes it’s because they just can. A dog licks its balls because it can, same concept. If you are really worried I would have his doctor look into it but if they say nothings wrong, more than likely you won’t be able to force him to stop, he’s just a little boy being a little boy and he’ll find another way or move on to other things. I think some of y’all are thinking into it too deep.

He said it can also be a habitual thing after a while, because of living in places where the bathroom may be full frequently, road trips, etc.

My aunt sons did this before video games was a thing. They made a room in the attic and was too lazy to come down to pee.

This can be a hallmark of emotional disturbances… please don’t spank or humiliate him… talk to him about why and if it doesn’t make sense get him into therapy… it can be the precursor to adhd/ oppositional defiance disorder… or it can be laziness… peeing is one thing… keeping it is another…

2 Likes

Is he getting in trouble over some thing or told he’s not allowed to leave the room once it’s bed time? Twice in three years I discovered my daughter was scared to leave the bedroom late at night Bc her father yelled at her for getting up from bed constantly, after getting after her and her sister several times earlier that evening. (She was 5 at the time Of the first occurrence, 7 second occurrence) so, it was hours past bed time and each of them had been taking turns getting up from bed to get water/snack/itchy/hot! whatever u name it. Eventually dad got frustrated and said ,” if anyone gets up one more time! They will sleep by themselves with no lights on and they will be grounded and spanked! I don’t care what reason you have I’m going to just spank you and separate u both, even if it’s just one kid doing it! Do not get up again!”….So any way, Weeks later we couldn’t figure out why the room smelled of pee and who knows what else. We were blaming the poor dogs :joy: one day I decided to search and deep clean and shampoo rugs etc. Guess what I found? A birthday gift bag full of :poop: and peed on. With new clothes in the bag still. :scream: :nauseated_face: the second occurrence was similar, only that time she soiled some towels from the pool that day and Hid them in the closet under bins of Toys. Both times were Bc she was afraid to get punished by dad for needing to pee. Upsetting and sad and gross all in one. He’s never even spanked them btw, it takes a lot of patience to get him that upset to even threaten consequences , & just the fear of getting a spanking is enough tbh.

5 Likes

Who lives in the house w you guys?

Something must have changed this year if it’s relatively new. My son went through peeing in his room, closet, toy box, etc. because we had a big move

Sounds like your child needs therapy

How/when did he start doing this?

1 Like

People saying he needs therapy :flushed: when did you know something was wrong well judge he started peeing in bottles !
Don’t be so silly man this is laziness or just typical gross boy behavior! I would tell him that you will take them into school and show his friends he probs isn’t taking u seriously it’s a bottle that can be binned Hese just thinking yeh yeh mum just bin it !! Takes just as long to pee in a bottle than it would take to go to the loo as well so I’m not getting some of the logic here . I think you need to be firm but fair tell him it is absolutely disgusting and you will not tolerate it again ,obviously keeping lights on and do have him checked for uti etc but wow people don’t half read into things :flushed:

8 Likes

It’s a common problem…make sure he cleans it the next morning by emptying it in the toilet and washing the bottle. He will stop on his own eventually.

4 Likes

Most boys do this at one point or another, it’s nothing to worry about he will grow out of it. I can’t even say what the fascination was, maybe just seeing how much came out vs how much water I drank. The only harm that will come out of it is someone making a big deal out of it and trying to embarrass him.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t read anything into it at all. I’d discipline it. A warning first and then consequence if he does it again. Does he pee in a bottle at school? Bet not.

4 Likes

Why are you not taking this child to a doctor or therapist but on here asking for help!!’

5 Likes

My son would pee in a tote hidden under his bed, took me a little bit to find it and thought it was my dog peeing in his room. He was simply just afraid of going to the bathroom alone at night and grew out of it the next year.

1 Like

I think its laziness, I think when he wakes he just can’t be bothered to get out of bed. I have a 7 year old boy and ever since he was toilet trained especially on a night hes always gotten up even when he was younger he would come into our room and wake us so we could take him to the toilet

1 Like

Definitely a boy thing. They learn they can go in a bottle or think the closet is some secret place and don’t realize it’s going to end up smelling. Have him empty the bottles and explain human waste being a biohazard as much as possible. Laziness and boy parts are something else.

1 Like

He would just be cleaning it up with extra cleaning duties in general everytime he did it clean your room and the bathroom

Just bin or hide all the bottles

2 Likes

Start pouring them over him to wake him in the mornings, he will soon stop

17 Likes

It’s a boy thing lol my 3 yo will do it sometimes…husband does too, but usually cause he can’t get anywhere else at the time

Check his room and make sure he doesn’t have anything that he can pee in at all before he goes to bed.

3 Likes

My brother used to do this at his age. He grew out of it eventually

This isn’t anything a mother wants to think about but little boys discover that different things feel good to them and it’s possible that he is getting pleasure from putting his thing into a bottle which will lead to serious issues. I heard about a boy getting an erection while he had his penis in a bottle and it was stuck. This fella became addicted to doing that and then that mother kept finding bottles of semen. Nip this in the bud really quick somehow someway.

Literally just saw this on a Netflix show. He peed in bottles so he didn’t have to leave his room while the parents partied

2 Likes

I’m sorry this is not laziness I’ve lived this still live this, you need to talk to his doctor immediately and get him into therapy don’t do what I did and just think he will grow out of it. It’s a sign he has depression or something else mentally going on. Please don’t be blind to this!

7 Likes

My son never did it I’d never heard such a thing

4 Likes

1 of my sons did this in later teens. He didnt want to go away from his computer. Lazy too. He grew out of it quickly. Hes a computer expert now so thats a win

3 Likes

He is afraid to go to the bathroom.

1 Like

Sounds like laziness he just doesn’t want to get up to go

2 Likes

That does not sound healthy or normal. Get him checked by a psychologist

2 Likes

Take him to doctors it could be a urine infection or somthing else wich is causing him to need to pee straight away. So not being able to hold it long enough to go to bathroom. If this is the case he’s doing his best not to pee him self. Could also be laziness or somthing psychological but boys don’t like talking about personal stuff so u never know xx as a side note I knew an adult that had problems with his bladder and did the peeing in a bottle from teens because of it hence why its likely to be bladder related xx

Not normal ! My son did it once :confused: in a cup :nauseated_face::face_vomiting: in the bathroom. And tried denying it I don’t know why he did it or what he was planning to do with it :confused:

Definitely take him a Dr that is not normal could be more going on

2 Likes

Take him to get checked asap
I had 2 boys they never done that.
That is not healthy .

1 Like

Sounds like a future truck driver

5 Likes

He could be scared of the splash back he might not like the sound or something maybe ask your doctor for some play Theropy xx

1 Like

Get him a toddler potty and put it in his room. Make him pour it out in the mornings until he wants to act like a big boy and use the big boy potty. If he feels like he’s being treated like a baby he may stop doing that especially if his friends come over and see it… If it doesn’t stop maybe you might could try something deeper like therapy or something. If it is laziness you will find out quick.

6 Likes

does he play video games.?.?.?.?. i have know a few crazy gaming kiddos that would rather starve and pee their pants before leaving a hardcore game! hahahaha just wondering?

6 Likes

Kids can only control so much in their lives one thing is what goes in and what goes out, maybe he feels out of control somehow.

I would say an old fashion whooping is in order.

6 Likes

When I was 13 and living in a group home I used to do this because I was depressed. The bathroom was right beside my bedroom. Please seek professional help for him. I am ashamed to admit that I did that but if it could help you I don’t mind being embarrassed

9 Likes

It has been noted that it could signal trauma from molestation

4 Likes

It could be a behaviour associated with a spectrum disorder. My son did this who is ASD, yet high functioning previously known as Aspergers. I couldnt understand this obsession and he himself couldnt explain it either. Luckily he has now grown out of it.

1 Like

Give him a consequence for doing it. No need to over explain. You say we have a toilet and that’s where you pee if I see one more bottle in your closet then this is what happens…
And if he does it again then you follow thru…or if you feel it’s the sign if something bigger depression, or other mental health/ social disorder mention it to his pediatrician but definitely address it.

1 Like

Basically it’s pure laziness because if hes not scared of the dark hes just too lazy to get his butt out of bed and use the actual bathroom. Check his room before bedtime and make sure there’s no bottles in there also I would probably stop buying water bottles and get filtered water so that you have to use cups or reusable bottles instead. By eliminating the bottles you are preventing him from using that period

My ex husband used to pee in bottles at night because he was too lazy to get up…it might just be that…

1 Like

Ground him. No phone,no games,no nothing til he learns to not do that. I would straight tell him. If I see this behavior again that’s automatically 2 weeks grounded. Warn him before hand so he knows what coming.

4 Likes

Counseling

Try finding out why he’s doing this….

FYI He won’t do it through HS & college… promise.

1 Like

Better then just peeing over the side of the bed for you to clean up later , my boy when through a phase of peeing in random places and he admitted he couldn’t be bothered to climb off the top bunk and walk 10 ft to the bathroom next door he has asd and being check for adhd ( adha is what I asked to be checked from day one but was ignored) but point is my boy did it because he’s lazy no other reason boys like peeing on things and weird places because they can but normally they get caught straight away so don’t repeat it but if you don’t catch it a pattern is formed and takes a while to unlearn the behaviour

1 Like

I get paid over $ 125 per hour w0rking from home. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 21984 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is limitless.

M0re Info. https://bestincomejobs61.netlify.app/

2 Likes

Definitely speak to your pediatrician. Could be something psychological or mental. Counseling.

I say take him to a doctor and possibly he may need to see a counselor or psychologist. There’s something going on behind the scenes. You should get to the bottom of it before it gets worse

7 Likes

I think there is more to it, something is scaring him or making him not want to go to the bathroom. Poor little guy.

5 Likes

Every bottle you find they hand wash plus owe you a chore of your choosing

2 Likes

Stop buying water bottles and talk to his doctor

5 Likes

My son started this I told him I catch it again all his electric will be taken way he stopped he was 8 turning 9

5 Likes

Maybe it’s the fact hes 9 and he has a penis and thinks its cool that he can pee in a bottle :woman_shrugging:t4:boys are wierd lol I have a boy hes 7 and Uranus is his word of the month :roll_eyes:

Wait so he gets the bottles and takes in room to pee in . Usually men or boys who do this find the bottle in the room already and pee in it because they are to lazy to go to the bathroom

1 Like

My cousin did that when we were kids . Only he used a empty Jim Bean Decanter. My uncle found the Bottle in his closet years later . The bottle was full my uncle said this is worth money it’s full . So he opened the bottle . Omg it bout knoccKked him out it was gross

5 Likes

Sounds like he’s too lazy to be bothered with it. My brother went through this phase.

Is he afraid to go to the bathroom at night? Find out WHY he’s doing it and address that.

3 Likes

There is nothing wrong, he is a future over-the-road trucker there. When nature is calling and we drive, we use the bottle. Good job buddy.

3 Likes

Laziness that’s what that is lol

3 Likes

He spoiled beyond stupid probley play video game as well…crack the his ass now your the adult :unamused:

Maybe try a different route. Let him do it but he’s responsible for dumping them and keeping his room clean if he can’t handle that then reinforce some sort of punishment.

Tell him when they go into the garbage they wind up being thrown into the ocean and so if he doesn’t stop all of the turtles and fish will be chugging down his pee and the ocean will be nothing but pee in the next 10 years lmaoo jk :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

What does he say when you ask him why he is doing it? Maybe he is embarrassed to tell you, so print out a checklist of possible reasons he may be doing it and ask him to check off the reason/reasons, and then leave the answers for you. Then discuss his answers with him in a calm manner.

1 Like

Lmao just unlock the window :rofl: problem solved

By any chance is he on mental health meds? I ask bc I have had experience w mental health meds and a situation like this with a family member.

I have four sons all but my four year old have done this (9, 14 & 19) I thought it was the weirdest thing the first time. I found out that it’s actually a thing and the men I talked to didn’t think it was nearly as disturbing as I did/do

Perhaps don’t provide plastic bottles🤔