How can I get my boyfriend to quit smoking?

You cant. You may be able to reach a compromise …smoke outside, not in the babys room or when he’s holding baby etc…but you can’t force him to do what he doesn’t want to do.
I’m guessing you knew he smoked and now its accept it or don’t time .

What about him smoking the eciggerette
Smoking.ie I think is the website should be a number to contact about giving up smoking, I find that benefits others I don’t smoke myself lucky enough but I do got asema from someone else who have smoked and in the air near people. U can’t prevent it only help to support them, what about smoking gewing gum can help fight the crave, and the craving of the patches. The course I think is 12 weeks.
Lots of options out there but he’d want to at least Try. BEST OF LUCK XX

You don’t. You are pregnant, not him. Just make him smoke outside and leave him alone.

1 Like

Try getting him a vape also have him go outside to smoke and to wear a big shirt or robe while he smokes and to leave it outside when he is done. Have him wash his hands and brush his teeth when he come inside and no smoking in the vehicles or anywhere near you

Shit , this guys gonna have a struggle of a life with you girl . But if you really must , then just say “the cigarettes or the baby” . Because that’s kinda Whatchu doing :woman_shrugging:t4::roll_eyes:

But yeah , luck to you :+1:t4:

You don’t.How would you feel if he tried to force you to quit something you enjoyed doing?If he’s smoking outside and not around you or when the baby comes,then thats fine.It sounds more like you’re trying to be controlling in this situation.

1 Like

No other thing than living with someone constantly trying to make you change
something or a habit it took years
to make. Makes
for a miserable existence. I would guess he will end
up resentful eventually.

You don’t MAKE HIM. He is an adult, it’s his body and his choice. What you can control are things like not holding baby in the clothes he has smoked in, and having to smoke outside - not in the house

I didn’t make my bf quit vaping when I get pregnant even though I did but I did make him stop blowing it in my face

You can’t help someone who doesn’t want help. :woman_shrugging:t2: he’s not going to quit smoking if he doesn’t want to.

Leave him alone or leave yourself!!!

Girl! Please you met him smoking and didn’t mind why your pregnancy changing that. Gosh Id be pissed if a man made me do something. He ain’t my daddy and you ain’t his momma

2 Likes

#1 thing don’t allow him to smoke in the house at all. No matter how cold it gets.

1 Like

You don’t. He’s not a child, and you’re not his mom.

3 Likes

He won’t? Or can’t? If he doesn’t want to, you can’t force him😂I get that you don’t want smoke around the baby but you can take precautions for that…don’t try to control him, geeze

2 Likes

Telling him to quit smoking is like telling a person with alcoholism to stop drinking cold turkey. You can’t it’s an addiction let him decide when he’s ready weather that be today tomorrow or 10 years from now, you are not in control of his life, he is. He’s an adult not a 15 year old child who shouldn’t be smoking anyway so don’t try treat him like that or you’ll lose him :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Ummm. .HE has to want to

1 Like

Who can’t make him do anything!!! But you can make your Home, car and area around you and your Child a NO smoke zone. PRAY

You’re his wife not his mother if he wants to quit he will The more you push him the more he’s going to want to smoke. Make him smoke outside that’s all you can do.

You aren’t his mother. He’s always smoked I’m sure so as long as he’s respectful around you and the baby then he’s going to have to make that choice.

You cannot make him quit, he’ll quit if he wants to quit.

1 Like

If he doesn’t want to quit, you can’t make him. However, you can insist that he not smoke in the house or while he’s with you.

Looking forward, kids with a parent who smokes are more likely to develop asthma and other issues, and they’re much more likely to become smokers. You’re going to need to draw some hard boundaries if you don’t want your child learning his behavior.

1 Like

Maybe ask him to switch to vapes? You can’t and won’t make him stop. He has to want to and nagging him to stop will only cause issues between the two of you.

You need to learn boundaries :neutral_face:
Your not his mom

Seriously? Lmao :rofl: You are quite controlling geesh ! You don’t like it. leave!

Throw the whole man away

Y’all are judging her too harshly. First of all she’s pregnant so she’s a tad unreasonable right now and had every right to be with all those hormones tearing through her body. Maybe she set boundaries and asked him to respect them and he won’t. Not so new studies show that 3rd hand smoke exposure can be just as harmful as smoking if not more. All the chemicals fall onto the surroundings and surfaces. Surfaced the baby touches, surroundings the baby puts in their mouth. All those chemicals are absorbed and swallowed without the ability of simply exhaling them.
Set rules :
No smoking in the house, even if me and the baby aren’t home.
No smoking in the car that the baby will be in.
No smoking near me or the baby inside or outside.
Washing hands after smoking.
Changing clothes after smoking.
No exceptions, no if ands or buts.
If he can’t and won’t respect it learn to live with it, or leave. You can’t make him stop. You can ask him to follow rules, slow down his smoking, or even try nicotine pouches or vaping. But, stress greatly there will be no smoking around you, the baby, or anything the baby is going to be around- touching, playing, nibbling on, etc

No one has the right to make anyone do any thing that they don’t wish to. How dare you think you have that right. He was a smoker when you met him

Are you his mama? Just make sure he smokes outside.

Its his choice to quit or not. He smoked when you got together with him. Discuss boundaries . Smoking outside. Change shirt before holding baby. . That sort of stuff

I must say. :thinking: People who actually care will stop smoking. 1st step dad stopped smoking when I was a kid, 2nd step dad did the same, baby daddy stopped smoking when I started dating him. Yes it took some time(understandable) but they did it out of love because I have severe asthma. I didn’t control their decisions. It really has to be Their Decision.