How can I get my boyfriends mom to accept me?

It won’t ever get better.

2 Likes

DO NOT HAVE KIDS W HIM you will hate it his mothers will ruin & control your life run fast :dash:

1 Like

I would tell him how his mom is putting a wrench in your relationship and that you are willing to do what is needed to fix that. However you need him to back you on making her understand you’re not going any where and needs to respect you. You also have to know she’s trying to protect her son and you’re not always gonna agree but she should not out her 2 cents in unless you or he ask for it.

1 Like

You can’t. Believe me when I say you could poop a gold brick and it wouldn’t makes damned bit of difference.

She doesn’t necessarily need to accept you, but she does need to learn to respect you whether she likes you or not. On the other hand, why won’t your boyfriend have your back? I understand being close to a parent but st some point you have to set boundaries with everyone. In fact I’m on the opposite side of your issue. My mom hates my bf and I’m having to set boundaries with her. It’s not easy but it protects my relationship.

2 Likes

Your wasting your time being with him!!! Move on with your life!!! Don’t have any Children please-youll b miserable in this so called family​:sob::broken_heart:.

1 Like

He’s never going to marry you if he’s a mama’s boy! Make him choose or drop him!

2 Likes

She won’t. He doesn’t. Leave.

2 Likes

A "Momma’s boy’s is not worth it!!! They never change!!!

3 Likes

Let me get this straight, you haven’t left yet because of the sister? You do know you can still be friends with her and leave the drama if it bothers you that much. And why? Do you need his mother’s approval? Does she live with you both?

Make her some desert with a surprise ingredient in it :rofl:

She never will because he is right up mommy’s behind! Find someone else that will love you!!

3 Likes

Why would you want someone like that to accept you? After 2 years, she/bf are showing you what your future will be… you can continue friendship with sister without anyone else in family being involved. Liking his sister isn’t a reason to stay or to continue living like that. You already know what you need to do, just dig deep for the courage to do it. No matter the mom, if BF doesn’t back you up and questions everything you say, and quits jobs without discussing it or having another lined up, those are grounds for breaking up all on their own. Financial stability and trust is extremely important for ANY relationship. He’s not respecting you or your relationship, no matter what mom is doing.

5 Likes

Kick them both out the door.

1 Like

Leave her be. Enjoy your life unless she is making problems with you and your man, then I would have him talk to her.

Time for him to cut the cord or for you to leave that. It doesn’t get better, trust me!

1 Like

I would leave him so he can run to mommy and she can change his diaper and cook him num nums and rock him to sleep, and I would turn lesbian and date his sister :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Don’t it’s your boyfriend you want.

She will end up ruining your relationship, forcing him to leave you in the background. So you do coz it was so much work, then you run into them 10 years later - she has Dimentia and the first thing she will say to
You is “sorry but it wouldn’t have worked”. Then you say it was the best thing for me because of x,y,z. He’s still stuck in a rut where his mother left him. :expressionless:

1 Like

RUN and don’t look back

5 Likes

You don’t. Only Time will tell if you stay In that relationship .now stand your ground and do not let her bring you down. Speak your mind and put her back in her place. If your bf has an issue with that then tell him that she likes u or not she does not have to disrespect you. You live with him not with her and her opinion is not needed. If he does not understand that his mom need to have boundaries then leave you will be better off. Good luck and remember you can’t force someone to like you and you don’t have to care.

3 Likes

You can’t. He already has a woman in his life and it’s not you

3 Likes

He needs to stand up and be a man. If you are the woman he has chosen to be with them he needs to make this clear to his mother. It’s his job to handle his people.

1 Like

I didn’t read beyond momma’s boy. You don’t need him.

You can’t. Either get used to being treated this way OR move on

2 Likes

She’s not gonna change! I know, after 9 years, 3 kids, of being married to a mama’s boy, I couldn’t take it anymore and got divorced! Don’t let it get that far. He’s not going to change and neither is she!!:grimacing:

2 Likes

Hunni
All mom’s are like that
I’m sure your parents said the same thing about you
And probably still do
I’m sure you will say the same thing
With your kids
Just let it go
For the sake of your relationship with her son

Never going to happen . Time to move on and let mama have her little boy .

5 Likes

You teach people how they are allowed to treat you. Nothing wrong with a mumma’s boy but she’s sounds like an intrusive, enabling cow and he’s a disrespectful, manipulative child.

1 Like

sorry after two years nothing is going to change if it hasn’t by now, he has to choose, either you or his momma

1 Like

She won’t. You’ve stolen the last love of her life. Just keep you own healthy and respectful boundaries xx good luck.

She won’t run while you can

Your boyfriend is the problem not the mom… he is and will always be a child find yourself a real man

3 Likes

You need out of that situation before you waste any more of your life. He is just a boyfriend who runs to his Mama w[th everything.

1 Like

Flick him and her and tell her that she is a useless f…ing c…t. :smirk:

My ex mother in law (aka gale platt) was the same… :roll_eyes:

You don’t lol you wall away from the manbaby

1 Like

Why are you even with him? Nothing but red flags here

1 Like

Postpone any wedding plans !!! She sounds like a horrible MIL… I would rethink the boy friend too… I would want a partner who respects me. Not a BOY

You can’t. Leave and remain friends with his sister. Men like this never change.

1 Like

If a guy needs to constantly check in with his mommy and cant make his own choices or have his own voice. He isn’t a man :woman_shrugging: still a child. Trust me on that. It’s not worth attempting to earn the acceptance of a woman with no boundaries. She will always over step and criticize.

I wouldn’t worry so much about her as I would be concerned about the mommas boy!! Why would you want a man that don’t respect you? Your not in a relationship with the sister so why would you stay because she’s good to you ? You can stay friends with out the brother in the picture! You need to look in the mirror and see your self worth, you should never have to beg someone to accept you. The boyfriend needs to let go of mommy’s apron strings!! Find someone that respects you and a family that will love you for you!! Good luck!