How can I get my husband to stop talking so much?

Does anyone have a husband who never stops talking? He talks constantly about nothing. I can be watching a movie and he just talks over it. Every single time I watch a movie. I haven’t watched a movie I’ve actually heard the dialog to in a while. I’ve paused the movie and as soon as I hit play Motormouth starts up again. I’ve talked to him about how I feel about it and nothing. Any ideas on getting him to stop? Talking isn’t working.

635 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How can I get my husband to stop talking so much? - Mamas Uncut

Motormouth :face_holding_back_tears::rofl::joy: sorry

9 Likes

Send him to me. I wish I had a husband to talk to.

14 Likes

Least he talks to you :rofl:

3 Likes

Subtitles lol… can you read fast :smirk:

8 Likes

Its usually the opposite.

2 Likes

You made it all the way through the wedding and you’re trying to figure this out now? :thinking:

10 Likes

Put something in his mouth

7 Likes

Is there ever a time he is interested in something and would not want to be disturbed? If there Is you might talk over that so he can see how that works!

1 Like

I wish my husband would talk. Lol just not during movies.

My ex did this. No impulse control, narcissistic tendencies. It only happened of somebody else was watching something. If he was watching something and somebody peeked in to ask a question or for him to turn down the explosions he would fly onto a rage because we were rude for talking.

Give him sleeping pills🥴

1 Like

Put a muzzle on him.

1 Like

Lmao omg my husband also! He is forever talking! I love it but yes it also gets to be a lot when you are trying to watch TV or a movie! I’ve learned to zone him out and he eventually gives up :rofl:

2 Likes

I genuinely wonder if he could be like me and have ADHD. I feel compelled to talk and discuss a lot. Talking could be his love language too.

4 Likes

i wish i had someone who wanted to talk to me…

5 Likes

Does he have a cocaine problem?

4 Likes

Lol I feel like I do this to my husband :rofl::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Tell him he’s getting no ‘adult time’ if he can’t zip it :joy:

1 Like

My boyfriend is very ADHD, and also talks during shows and movies. I either completely tune him out because I can’t focus on two things at once or he gets the look :joy::joy::joy: maybe just turn the volume up really really loud

4 Likes

Give him a big spoonful of peanut butter

Have you tried giving him a stare? Lmao

Yessss :roll_eyes: His hobby is cars… After 7 years I should be a master mechanic with everything he tells me, but … No. I just let him blab, it makes him happy.

7 Likes

Had the same problem for 43 years lol
I learned to zone out :woman_shrugging:
Switch the TV up so you cant hear him
Talk over his favourite programmes or when he’s reading.
Honestly its unlikely he’ll change particularly if he knows it annoys you

1 Like

Duct tape and zip ties

1 Like

Sorry but this really made me giggle

:person_facepalming: <~~~~~ only response I can come up with…lol

I fear this will be my sons wife one day! He is adhd qn literally doesnt stop talking :rofl::woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

John Duane Wright I promise I did not post this​:kissing_heart::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

That would drive me insane! Just tell him you don’t like talking during a movie n not to talk so much! I just can’t with ppl who go on n on :laughing:

Shit it’s vice versa for me I’m the motormouth :joy:

My bf does this sometimes I’ll pause my video to listen to him and when he stops talking I go back to what I was doing. Almost as soon as I press play he starts rambling again :rofl::joy: it gets frustrating sometimes but usually I just slowly get up and walk out of the room.

Lol…the comments are killin me lol

2 Likes

This was my ex
He would follow me around in the morning while I was getting ready for work just talking about literally nothing.
It annoyed the shit out of me.
No solution unless you want to break up :joy::joy:
Good luck ! Lol

Have the words play at the bottom of the screen

2 Likes

It’s good to talk only worry when the talking stops

2 Likes

Did my husband write this ???:woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Next time just say “let’s play the quiet game” :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: it doesn’t work for my kids… so good luck :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Honestly don’t take it for granted. I’m a single gal (sorta by choice) but I’d love to have someone around that actually wants to talk to me. It can get very quiet and lonely sometimes. If he died tomorrow, you’d miss his chatter. If you need some me time then talk to him. Or go in a different room or for a walk or drive.

1 Like

What is he talking about? Maybe a therapist lol if it has anything to do with stuff like that. You should listen to him and be there to support his emotional needs. But I wpuld suggest setting some boundaries. Find an hour in the day or two where he needs to repect your space and time and you can use it to watch tv etc.

Turn on the closed captions.

2 Likes

Use subtitles and tune him out

2 Likes

Steven Guardado Is the opposite with us. :grin:

Same and our 3 kids are just like him… I’ve learned to zone out and hyper focus on the movie

3 Likes

I wish my ex had talked too much. He would only speak when spoken to

Get some earbuds, pair them to your TV and just nod a lot :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

Hugs. Hahahahaha. Isn’t it usually the guy telling the woman to stop talking. Sounds like he needs some girlfriends. At least you do t have to ask him if he’s ok gagahahahaha

Haha you talking about my ex? Or my 6 yr old? Lol it’s alllllll day from wake up to bed time and drives me bonkers

1 Like

Subtitles & selective hearing :face_with_hand_over_mouth::grimacing::sweat_smile:

But if he wasn’t talking that’d be a even bigger problem. :roll_eyes: grow up. Learn to enjoy your partner and the fact he’s initiating any conversation at at.

5 Likes

Spray bottle to the face, like spraying a cat lol

4 Likes

You can try the old pillow over the face trick or sleeping pills in his drink. :joy::woman_facepalming:t4::sweat_smile: geeze some girls can’t even get their guys to talk so be happy lmao

2 Likes

leave him? Get 8 cats and sit alone with no attention from anyone???

3 Likes

Turn captions on. Or send him on an errand while you watch the movie

5 Likes

Well …
Feed him.
Now I’ll admit my immediate thought was not the cleanest but it would probably be the least a straight man would object to. So yes, feed him if you catch my drift …

5 Likes

Hilarious :rofl: wish mine would im the nause :rofl:

Can I borrow him for long car trips?
Because my husband thinks you need to be absolutely silent in the car. While I can talk about absolutely anything :rofl: he tunes me out.
It usually shuts me up. Lol

Duct tape. It works on everything else lol :laughing:

1 Like

Aww he loves you and wants to interact with you. Nurture that. It’s a great thing he wants to talk to you! I’d just watch movies on my own time, when possible.

5 Likes

I’m sorry, but I cracked up at this :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Those movies will always be there. Talk to each other.

10 Likes

Sit on his face. Give him something to do.

12 Likes

its called ADHD and your husband deserves a new wife

5 Likes

Lol sounds like my partner but he will also walk up to complete strangers and have a chat :roll_eyes:.

Silence is golden and duct tape is silver.
Maybe try a sedative? :laughing:
Jk, but really that would drive me nuts!

1 Like

Treat him like a cat - spray in the face and say no! :woman_shrugging: that’s all I got

6 Likes

If you don’t talk, God won’t hear you

1 Like

Have one EXACTLY like it for the past 21 years. It’s draining honestly. I’ve stopped watching movies or tv shows, I’ve stopped listening to music. & I’ve considered getting my own bedroom because the man literally talks in his sleep too… :roll_eyes:
Did I mention it’s exhausting :rofl:
Now I’m just waiting to need a hearing aid so I can turn it off

6 Likes

Some of these answers :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sounds like you just might be incompatible.

1 Like

He didn’t constantly talk before you decided to marry him? Now you want him to change? Ugh let him go to find someone who loves him for who he is.

2 Likes

Same girl, I feel you​:smirk::woman_facepalming::rofl:

Do a hobby… Or put something in his mouth…

1 Like

My husband talks non-stop too. I really think he has undiagnosed ADHD. I just pause and listen :woman_shrugging:t2: if roles were reversed, I’d want him to listen to me.

5 Likes

Mine talks a lot unless he is on his iPad looking at his emails or a movie, which is fine, but I do a lot of the driving if we go anyway, and I don’t like a lot of talking when I’m driving because I like all my attention to go to my driving…

Count your blessings ! Mine is a man of VERY little words.

3 Likes

This sucks because I’m the talking one in my relationship.

Omg I don’t know but if you find out how pls let me know!

My guy talks to everyone when we go places. Yes he knows a lot of people but he talks so much I bought a little portable stool (bought it on Amazon) and if he is on one of his long talks with friends or strangers —I can at least sit down.

6 Likes

Are we married to the same man? 6 ft bald cutie? :joy:

1 Like

There is no stopping it! It’s been 11 years of it in my house and NOTHING stops it :woman_facepalming:t2::rofl:

1 Like

Get a second tv. Best thing ever! He is happy watching sports, and I can watch what I want.

1 Like

You should be glad he likes to talk to you, you don’t sound very pleasant :tipping_hand_woman:

5 Likes

I wish I had this problem :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Rude. You sound very selfish

Just use subtitles lol usually I’m the talker in my relationship bc my husband is pretty quiet. He says what needs to be said and he gets quiet but every now and then he gets wired up and he does NOT stop talking and I get irritable lol I just kinda tune him out or turn on subtitles

2 Likes

My husband has adhd and he’s a motor mouth too. He’s always been like this. I’m coming to terms with it :laughing:

5 Likes

There is a plant that temporarily paralyzed vocal cords if you ingest the sap. That is a sure way to get some silence. :joy: But seriously there is one.

4 Likes

Dying laughing. My husband asked if you all could watch a movie together. Hahah!

2 Likes

Give him a snack plate keep his mouth busy :joy:

9 Likes

Excessive talking is a sign of a larger issue like adhd.

9 Likes

Don’t watch movies with him and count your blessings most men including mine don’t talk he can go all day without speaking to me. one day when he’s no longer around you’ll miss it so lock yourself in a room without him to watch a movie if it’s that big of a deal to you.

10 Likes

Ummm this is me. I’m the talker. I also have adhd and because of that I feel like I have to say whatever it is because I feel like I would forget it. Or I just talk simply because whatever it was, just came to my mind lol. My mom hated taking me to the movies lol

2 Likes

Just Thank God you have a wonderful husband that loves you and wants to talk… The most important thing is that he wants you and only you . Someday you may linger for him so you can talk to him… Just be happy and enjoy life while you still can. Life is short

4 Likes

Does he like taffy? :rofl:

HEELE Dog Muzzle,Soft Nylon Muzzle Anti Biting Barking Chewing,Air Mesh Breathable Drinkable Adjustable Loop Pets Muzzle for Small Medium Large Dogs 4 Colors 4 Sizes https://a.co/d/3aR8KFs

4 Likes

Try paying attention to him. At least he likes talking to you!

7 Likes

I always stop the movie and tell my husband to tell me everything he wants to say because when I turn that movie back on I want to watch it! It’s hard to concentrate when you have someone rattle on about something you’ve already heard many times before. When I start the movie back up, if he starts in again I just jack the volume up till it drowns him out! He finally gets the hint! :rofl:

5 Likes

Watch in another room

This can’t be a new issue. You married him knowing he is a talker. Maybe he has adhd or something undiagnosed or maybe he just likes talking to you.

1 Like