How can I get my husband to stop talking so much?

Just keep turning the movie up until you can hear it :rofl:

4 Likes

A squirt bottle. Every time he starts talking squirt him. :rofl::rofl:

19 Likes

Lol omg you sound like my husband :woman_shrugging:t2::laughing:
So I never realized how much I talk until I went and spent a week with my granddaughter :neutral_face::roll_eyes::flushed:
Lol it runs in the family… :joy:

4 Likes

First off, how did you not notice this before getting married?

Second, have you tried actually kindly bringing it up while not watching a movie versus coming to this forum first?

Finally, he may have ADHD and not be able to help it, therefore you need to make a decision on whether you have the tolerance long term for such matters or not; is it an actual deal breaker or not?

2 Likes

What’s wrong with a husband talking so much??? Wouldn’t you be sad if he didn’t talk to you ???:woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Good luck on that one…

Some sleeping pills in his food should help or tie him up and gag him :rofl:

3 Likes

Maybe tell him once again that it bothers you, but what bothers you more is that you feel disrespected and unheard bc you’ve already said this to him and keeps doing it. Tell him you’d love to talk and have time where y’all JUST talk. But NOT during movies. After that if he does it again turn the tv off and tell him you’re going to the movies ALONE and that you are disappointed in him (as a husband), bc knowing how it makes you feel he still decides to do it. I find if you come at it from a place of feelings* that can help.

If you won’t listen to him, another woman will.

10 Likes

Maybe watch the movie without him first then watch it with him so he can be himself :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Good luck I have one of them

I put on the caption words and I would just let him talk without paying attention or responding to him.
He will eventually stop. If not you can enjoy your show by following the words.

2 Likes

Tell him stfu I’m watching a movie

Imagine losing him… you’re going to miss that constant random talking. Just straight up tell him, hey I’m watching a movie can we talk after?

6 Likes

I think it would be a worse scenario if he didn’t ever talk

5 Likes

Might have ADHD. My sons with it are the same way

Mine is this way too! I just yell at him!

1 Like

Talk to him when his show is on

Tell him to lay off the blow!!

1 Like

Give him some gummies and sneak a melatonin one in there😭

8 Likes

Duck tape is silver, Silence is golden

7 Likes

Send him back to the factory and tell them it’s broken and to fix it cuz you got a warranty on it :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: but really I don’t know cuz I got one too :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Giorgos Tilikidis :eyes: :joy:

“Talk to the pillow, yes - there you go…. Now shhhhh”

8 Likes

Teach him what a tongue is for.

Sit on his face and put plugs in your ear. Consider it a cuntversation.

12 Likes

Had to get rid of fiance talked to much, didn’t say a word until l moved in with him then wouldn’t shut up

Idk I’d love to have a husband that wanted to talk to me about his day or random things. But like I’m watching a movie so chill until after hahaga

4 Likes

I would do a wine or coffee hour with him and let him get it all out lol

2 Likes

Did I write this? :rofl: motormouth Bahaha that’s a good one!

3 Likes

Hahaha my husband feels the same about me. I HATE silent time.

4 Likes

Mine does this sometimes. He’s a rambler lol. The worst is when he starts just as I’m about to leave the room, then pauses…only to start again after I’ve walked away.
I’m direct with him. I’ll pause what I’m watching, look at him, and ask if the conversation can wait until it’s over. Or if I’ve left the room I’ll tell him I can’t hear him anymore.
It’s to the point now where all I have to do is hit pause, and he says “oops, sorry” and stops lol.

3 Likes

I’m sorry but I’m laughing so hard right now the way you worded it was great :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Buy your own TV, put it in another room. I did it and it’s wonderful.

2 Likes

One day you’ll miss it. Appreciate that he wants to confide in you about whatever is on his mind.

14 Likes

Get headphones for the tv

If you find the answer, please share. Son of a gun even talks in his sleep. And all three kids inherited this trait. I’m breaking down at the seams with sensory overload

7 Likes

Get you some ear buds

How dare you take your attention away from him? Duct tape is my suggestion!

1 Like

Poor baby. She’s clearly suffering. I feel this is my soul except it’s with my 6 year old​:joy::joy:

2 Likes

Take his talking shoes off🤣

Feed him peanut butter, makes it hard for mine to talk that much

1 Like

Talking is a love language. I do this too :sweat_smile: I know it drives my husband crazy so I try to check myself. I’m a SAHM to 5 kids 6 and under, so when my husband gets home I need to talk to him and have him talk to me and he’s not huge on talking. Find a way to talk consistently for an hour to fulfill his love language and then ask hey can we stow the talk and sit and spend time together for me now?

10 Likes

Lol my youngest daughter does the samething now we have a rule she can only talk during commercials

Watch TV when he is not home. I have my TV in MY room. I don’t share. Have his in the living room or someplace else.

This post is great! Comments are hilarious :joy: I can’t get my man to have much convo so try to accept that it’s just him . U fell in love with that talker lol you could tell him again U wanna have quiet time while enjoying a movie but don’t be mean or make him feel bad for wanting to talk with you.

6 Likes

I deal with this x2 (our 6 yr old) :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: I’ve gotten to the point I’ve just accepted my fate. I’ve learned to love it :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

This post could’ve been written about me :joy::weary: My fiancé probably thinks this at least twice a day :sweat_smile: Enjoy it. The grass is always greener until you have to experience the other lawn lol I actually complain mine doesn’t talk enough and is too laid back. While I love to communicate my every thought and have deep conversations even about tv shows :joy::skull: If mine ever complains about me talking I just remind him he could have a girl that says “im fine” all the time and is too quiet and has to guess what she’s thinking. Once men have that they complain about those kinds of women too. So like I said we all want the opposite until you have it then you appreciate it more lol Word of advice though…if you have a partner that talks alot to you…please don’t make them feel annoying. I’ve had that and it created walls and disconnect. Talking is a way to connect. Always. Some people are uncomfortable with silence or aren’t getting their emotional cups filled up with small talk. Words are love languages. :blush: You may regret complaining to him or having conversations about him talking to much. Had that happen to me and I eventually felt annoying and went silent more often and it was missed :woman_shrugging: I would get messages saying he missed how I brought the singing and dancing around to our home and how easy it was to talk to me about anything and even talking durring shows. When I’m mad, depressed and not talking or being bubbly…our kids and him notice and our home is quiet and the vibe is sad. Then I’ll get the “whats wrong?” And he will initiate more conversations…he then feels anxious when I’m the “im fine/quiet girlfriend” :joy::woozy_face: We both get over stimulated sometimes so i know when he is and when to quiet down too. There’s pros and cons. Like I said the old grass is greener thing. You usually miss what you initially complain about. 2 similar personalities don’t always mesh well. If you had my fiancé your new complaint would be the home is “too quiet”. And vise versa if I had someone who talked as much as I do I’d be exhausted sometimes lol But I’d deal. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I would love for my husband to be like this, in the relationship I am the one who speaks, he is at home but it is as if he does not exist :woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2: he is playing video games allllll the time

1 Like

Is your husband me because that’s me :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: lol

He’ll pass away one day, and you’ll be wishing to have one more conversation about nothing. Relax and take it all in.

4 Likes

Let me know when you find the solution. My mate loves to give his opinion and commentary through the films… drives me insane…

2 Likes

A water spray bottle, every time he started give him a quick squirt I the face :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

So I’m not the only one with this problem :rofl:

1 Like

That or there fucking stories NEVER END🥹

My husband used to do this until I spent a week talking through everything he tried to watch. He got the point

1 Like

Duct tape. Or get a squirt bottle and every time he tries to talk, squirt water in his face. Don’t forget to say, “aht aht!!” when you do it.

11 Likes

That would be my wife… :joy:

2 Likes

A nice little freak out might do the trick

Be thankful my husband doesn’t talk it is like being by my self all the time, when we go to visit people he still doesn’t talk, people are always asking his he mad at us,

2 Likes

Mine does, about entirely random, made up and nonsensical things. The only time he’s quiet is if he’s sleeping or watching the news. Other than that he never shuts up. My only recommendation is duct tape or sleeping pills LOL!

2 Likes

Have you tried just ignoring him?

Your husband is broken, husbands don’t talk

9 Likes

The way I just hollered :rofl::joy:not motormouth…have you tried chloroform?

8 Likes

I agree with the spray bottle. Stay at Home Moms :fire:

3 Likes

I wonder what its like to have a husband who wants to talk and tells me what is on his mind.

9 Likes

Heather Bennett did you post this?! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ma’am said motormouth :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Do something he doesn’t like lol shame u have it tough

Lol… turn tv up when he talks

1 Like

Get him some Pepto for his diarrhea of the mouth :rofl:

Haha mine will come in the room to talk so I pause my show, then he’ll leave. Then 5 minutes later come back. Then leave, then back again. I flat out say hey get it all out I’m trying to watch my show😅

1 Like

Is it rude to pop a Xanax in his mouth every so often?? :rofl:
JKJKJK i have a child like this…i finally tell her I’m going to watch this, I’ll talk to you after it’s over!

I wish mine talked lol

1 Like

Or chew loudly next to you and watch very loud tik tok videos :rofl:

1 Like

In our marriage I’m the one that talks A LOT …lol …my husband tells me lol

“Babe, can we just take in the quiet :sweat_smile:” I love you so much ( while hugging me ) but I can still hear the kids.

My husband doesn’t watch t.v with me because he says I do that. He just ignores me . I have tried staying quiet but I just can’t help it. ( He says now I see where our oldest gets it from , I have ADHD as a child and now an adult and our 11 year old our oldest too. He is a chatter box :sweat_smile: )

Is this new or has he always been that way. If always that way, you knew what you were getting.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: my fiance also!!! Every 30 sec there is commentary!!!

Put on the subtitles.

1 Like

Chantelle Murray this is leigh everytime!! Did a tell u it was gony rain tomorrow hahaha

Sounds like me. I always had the report cards from teachers that says she’s a pleasure to have in class, but she never stops talking lol :woman_shrugging:t2:

Well, all I can say is enjoy, one day he may be gone, you’ll be wishing he was still here to talk to you!

9 Likes

Wait til he goes to bed to watch your movie. Thats what I do :joy:

1. Subtitles
  2. Personal headphones
  3. Tell him to go to another room because you want quiet
1 Like

Ugh, I hate talkers. :laughing: tell him to text you. Maybe even “dear diary” it.

Lol this sounds like my son. Dfkm

Triggered! I feel this is my husband writing in trying to cover his tracks lol

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: my husband talks during movies too and I want to deck him

i’m so jaded. ignore him until he gets the point.

Turn up the TV over him till he gets the point! And just look him in the eyes while you’re doing it…

4 Likes

Me and all my kids do this, we all try not too. I have the subtitles on to help.

1 Like

Good luck getting him to shut up, ive got the same problem, just babbles about nothing

I laughed out loud :joy: maybe some vyvanse or adhd meds will work lol

Girl it will never end, just think of it as your husband loves talking to you otherwise he wouldn’t bother. My Husband is the same way :laughing: so I CANNOT watch anything without subtitles. It’s better to have a motor mouth as a husband rather than a mute one!

8 Likes

Motorboat the motor mouth :laughing::grin: he just needs a mouth full.

3 Likes

Muzzle… gag ball… lol

1 Like

Why is this my husband also ugh it annoys me

1 Like

I have died :rofl::rofl: reading this…
Motormouth… :rofl:
No answer to the question… however I do wish my husband talked… without it being about his interests only… which gets under my skin!

3 Likes

I wish my husband was still alive so I could hear him talk.

13 Likes

Wonder if he has adhd

5 Likes