How can I help ease her mind?

I would say yes some women or teen girls do have complications where as others don’t it just all to depends really everyone is different. I knew a girl when we where in high school she was 16 but gave birth when she was 17 and she went through complications and needed an emergency c section, there are other people that doesn’t. I was 24 when I was pregnant and ended up having complications and had an emergency c section when I was 25. I ended up having my second baby again I had complications then I had a planned c section then lost so much blood, again I had my 3rd baby yes another planned c section but I had no complications throughout my 3rd pregnancy. Like I said every pregnancy is different and every women is different and some might end up having emergency c sections or complications but not all

time to grow up , she gets to be scared , growing up fast is scary

I was pregnant at 16 and delivered at 17 which I did need a c-section. The only reason I needed a c-section was my son got stuck and honestly it wasn’t bad at all like people try to make it. I went home early and my recovery wasn’t bad at all

Congratulations to her :purple_heart: a baby is a blessing! Being a teen mom does not mean she will need a C-section, I had my son when I was 15 and I had him vaginally, he is 9 now :pray:t3:. I think the best thing you can do to support her is be there for her and help educate her on what it is to be a parent and how to take care of herself while pregnant. But make sure she doesn’t feel alone because I’m her deepest moment of need she went to her mother and got hurt, don’t let her get that from you or her father.

I had my first at 17 as well. You’re capable of anything you put your mind to. I had a natural birth, graduated high school and went to college. Worked etc. everything I did was for her!

My mom was 14 when she had me and had me vaginal. She’ll be fine! Yes every body is different but just because she’s 17 that doesn’t mean she’ll automatically need a c-section :woman_facepalming:t3: she’s trying to scare her which says a lot why your step daughter is with her father instead of her mother :woman_facepalming:t3: she’ll be fine. And if the time comes that there are complications you’ll walk together over that bridge together. Meanwhile tell her to enjoy her pregnancy and stress about other stuff instead of her mother freaking her out

1 Like

Teen girls were all that had babies back in the day. Life spans used to be a lot shorter . But besides that,
I got pregnant at 16 had a natural birth. 9lbs, 7 oz. And 22 inches long.

I had all my 4 children by natural birth in the 60s by the time I was 19 years old.

1 Like

I was pregnant at 17 and had my son at 18, I weighed all of 90 pounds when I found out I was pregnant, but I gave birth to a healthy 7lbs 8oz baby naturally. It seems to me her bio mom has no clue what she is talking about. Best of luck to her!

First off it would be the last time I’d have her around her bio mom, second, her doctors will know what’s best for her when it comes time for delivery, so tell her to keep herself & the baby inside healthy and she will do just fine…:footprints:

1 Like

I was pregnant at 16, 17 when I had my daughter and didn’t have a problem at all, I was a 94 pound girl when I got pregnant and barely 110 when I gave birth and had a natural birth

Tell her either way is fine. Will just need more bed rest. And to never be like her mom

1 Like

Take her to an OBGYN and have them explain it to her. Also explain to her that c-section scars are nearly invisible and that the need for one is very rare. Tell her that no matter what she is loved and she is safe.

1 Like

I had my son right after my 17th birthday naturally. Only complications I had was gestational diabetes.

What a sad woman her birth mother is. Talk her to the dr. Hold her hand. Support her. Have her write down all of the things she has questions about and concerns about and take it with you to the dr.

She needs a therapist to support her through all of this including new baby coming. Support her and as hard as it is, get excited. The post partum depression and her chance of success in life depends on you and her father to love her and make this a positive chapter in her life. She can still achieve great things, and she will with people behind her. Congratulations!

As for the mom, have her understand that limiting contact with her would be whats best for her and the baby. Then have a talk with the mother to establish some boundaries if she pushes back.

1 Like

My mom had my brother at 15 natural and 3 more natural after anything can happen she just needs love :heart: every will work out one day at a time. God bless you :pray:

2 Likes

That information is completely false. Her age has nothing to do with the way she will deliver. At her next appointment maybe you can go with her and have the Dr explain everything. Comfort her and support her and be there for her to talk. It’s not easy but it can be done with a good support system. I had my first when I was 15. I’m 30 now with a 15 yr old 5 yr old and 1 year old. I would leave her mom out of all of this.

1 Like

There are risks for every pregnancy and childbirth. The most important thing is both mother and child are safe.

Keep her thinking positive. She’s young and strong. Stay healthy during pregnancy and believe in herself. She is probably scared because she doesn’t know how strong she can be.

Celebrate with her and keep her spirits up. She will benefit so much more especially entering motherhood before being prepared.

I would bring this up to her Dr and see if they can ease her mind about what her mom said.

I was pregnant At 17 had my daughter at 18 was pregnant at 19 had my son at 20. I was a whopping 90lb 5 foot nothing teen and no C-section here. Her mom is just being a brat. Have her obgyn explain to her so she can understand.

WHAT… you tell that little girl… SHE WILL BE OKAY… ugh this breaks my heart…
Her own mother, I can’t even…

I had my 2nd at 17. I gave birth naturally and no pain medication. She is tougher than she thinks. Sounds like bio mom wants to scare her. Being a teen and pregnant is hard enough. Reassure her that not everyone knows everything. Mom is wrong. If concerned let’s call the ob. Because sometimes teens need to hear it from someone other than parents. Women’s bodies are amazing and we have done this for centuries. She can do it. If she has to have a c-section ( rare) you and dad will help any way she needs.

Thats the most ridiculous thing for her to say. Shes 17. It happens, there’s no rule. Caesarean is for who needs it. She doesn’t need it just because of her age. It can happen to anyone. But till a doctor tells her thats how she’ll deliver, her mother sounds like a moron.

1 Like

I got pregnant at 16 had my daughter at 17. Reassure her that her life isn’t over, and that you guys will be there to support her and help take care of the baby (if that is the case) which I hope it is. Make sure she finishes school. Unless her baby is 9+pounds or she has medical problems she most likely won’t have to have a c- section. And giving birth isn’t so bad, I had the epidural and I couldn’t feel a thing, but however you will have back problems no matter what. but she can do this. I do it everyday, a lot of women do. It’s not easy, kids in general aren’t easy but her being a 17 has nothing to do with it. It’s her first baby all moms worry about the same stuff the first time and maybe every time because anything can happen.

Tell her what her mom said isn’t completely true. I was told by a doctor that it is more common to have a c section in a first time pregnancy. I got pregnant at 17, had my daugter at 18. I didnt need a c section. I had my first c section with my 4th child, but everyone is different. Her mom cannot predict her future, tell her that pregnancy can be scary and there are many possibilities when it comes to pregnancy.

I was pregnant at 14 and had a vaginal birth with no complications, she will be fine. She really needs your support, this is so important

What a load of crap I had a baby at 17 naturally and everything was A ok! Complications happen of course but wow why tell her that?!

Find research on the web and read it to her. Her mother knows nothing.

Not really a good thing she was so young but my friend growing up was 15 when she had her son and had with natural with no complications.

I turned 18 when I was 6 months pregnant with my oldest daughter. I didn’t have any problems and I delivered a healthy baby girl on her due date.

Wow that’s rich coming from a woman that doesn’t even take care of or have custody of her own child.:woman_facepalming:t2:

6 Likes

Did Mom say it that way, or did daughter take it that way. Sounds like the game telephone.

Mom probably had daughter young and had a c section. If mom had a c section, it’s possible she will too. She’s telling her facts to make an informed decision. You can’t sugar coat real life. And if you tell teenage daughter that it’s going to be gumdrops and roses, you are misinforming her.

I was 15, 17 and 18 week I had my children they are now almost 15, 13 and 12 and are all healthy and happy kids and I work and they all live with me. Having children young does take a toll on your body however if she looks after herself and listens to her doctors (unlike me) she will be absolutely fine. Being young does not define her as a parent! My inbox is open if you need to talk and to the young lady herself x

Take her to the doctor. Go with her to ensure all if questions are answered and her mind is at ease. Just be there to support her :heart:

1 Like

I got pregnant with my son at 16 had him when I was 17. I have since had one other child and currently have #3 on the way… my body handled pregnancy labor and delivery 10,0000x easier at 17 then it has with the last two children. I walked into the hospital 10 cm dilated still saying I wasn’t sure I was in labor and had my son smooth as can be. I had to be induced with my daughter at 22. She’s got this. No matter what age our bodies know what they are supposed to do. Tell that baby girl congratulations and that everything will be okay.

I had a baby naturally at 15. She is now almost 15. Having a child when you are still a child is rough because your life changes drastically but as for the labor and delivery, that was the easiest delivery I have had (I have 5 children) positive vibes to your step daughter and your family. If she is reading this: You got this. Don’t let ANYONE turn the positives of your life into a negative.

Get her to a reliable Dr.might be good to have a chat with mom ,also

I was pregnant at 17 I did not have a c-section bit I did have a preemie. Mom shouldn’t have said anything to scare her but wait until the doctor brings up concerns. Things can happen in any pregnancy regardless of age.

C-sections aren’t the end of the world. :woman_facepalming:
Reassure her that everything will be ok.

1 Like

I was a teen mom and didn’t need a c section…

I got pregnant in high school and I had a perfectly happy and healthy baby! He is now 5 :innocent: shes just trying to scare her

2 Likes

Where I live they have a place where females can go each week and take classes about birth and how to take care of the baby, all while earning points to get stuff for the baby. The fathers are also welcomed to go. Maybe try to find something like this in your area for her. It’s free for them.

So I am 22 and had my daughter at 17. I own a home, have a full time job, graduated highschool with honors. My daughter is almost 5 and she is extremely smart and does a competition gymnastics team. I was kicked out when my parents found out. The best advice I can give you is to just support her. She may need a c section… educate her on it. Educate her on EVERYTHING! Awareness is the only thing that can help her at this point. It sounds like you guys are being great parents by doing your best to support her (even though I’m sure you’re not exactly happy about the situation) and that’s really all she needs. You, or her, are welcome to reach out. I’d love to explain how things went for me & help her.

2 Likes

Go to the doctor’s with her and let him put her at ease with actual medical facts. Ps…tell her to stay away from toxic mom…for peace of mind

1 Like

I was a teen mom turned 18 2 weeks before I had my daughter with no complications , now five years later I almost died having son

My first child was at 19 and he was a forcep baby. Everything went good. She will be ok.

Her mom is probably not happy that she is pregnant at such a young age- as most parents would be- me included. She is right. Teenagers shouldn’t be having babies. They should be teenagers. They should be spending time with friends. They should be focusing on school, on themselves, having fun, not having so many responsibilities. They should be doing what teenagers are meant to do. Having a baby is not one of them. Life is hard and those are the years that they should be able to still be kids. Of course, there are people who have babies when they are teenagers and the babies turn out fine. They are loved and cared for and if you asked the mother (or father) if they regret having the child I bet they will say no. Because they love them and they are their child. What they do regret though is the timing that they had that child. They regret having to grow up too fast and not being able to do the things their friends are doing. Hell, I am 36 and a mother of 2 little kids- it is HARD! I never could have done this at 16! And that’s because this girls mother is right- teenagers aren’t meant to be mothers. So, this mother is correct. This girl needs to understand that this is serious. Her life is about to change in more ways than she can probably process. The late nights, the feedings, the need to stay home when all friends are going out, caring for a tiny helpless human , all of it. She may be excited now but pregnancy is the “easy” time. She should be nervous. I’m sure everyone is nervous when they are pregnant. Things can happen, there is always a chance of a c section or of a natural birth. But that all comes with being pregnant. The worry, the anxiety, the excitement. She is experiencing all the emotions that she should be. She shouldn’t be scared but she does need to know that life from here on out is going to change. This isn’t some little thing and she needs to be prepared!! Mom did nothing wrong.

1 Like

I had my oldest at 17! 3 weeks before my senior year. I got my kiddo in daycare during school and my mom watched her 2 days a week after school and saturdays while I worked a part time job. She is now 15!! It’s not always easy, you gotta just grit your teeth and get through the tough days, but I finished school which was the absolute best decision!!! Bc I had to show my daughter even through tough times you gotta be tougher!!! And also my kid is an amazing one! She is sweet and kind and empathetic but also stands her ground for what she believes in and puts up with no bull crap (especially boys bull crap lol). There is nothing I would change!!! (Also add her bio dad is no longer in picture and never really was and my husband adopted her when she was 11)

1 Like

Well…the problem is she should have been talked to until she was blue in the face about teen pregnancy.
You make your bed hard;; you must sleep in it.
College plans; Future plans should have been priority and enjoying young life instead of boys.
Well…perhaps many people were taught different values& order of priorities.

Go with her to talk to the doctor. Have a written list of questions

4 Likes

Ohhh…good luck anyway.
Babies are so cute; but quite an expense.
Then…they grow & become more more expensive.

I had my first born at 17. I carried him full term. His dad passed away while I was pregnant and I had no complications from that (besides the broken heart). My son was 9lbs at birth, and I had a vaginal birth. I will say my mom always made me so scared to have a c-section, and I’ve had 2 now, and they really aren’t that bad either! Everything will be ok though!

No no no. I had two kids as a teen. I was barely 16 when I delivered my first and just turned 18 when I had my second and I had them vaginally.
I had more complications with my third baby at 33 years old than I did with my teen pregnancies.

1 Like

She should just talk to her doctor

1 Like

I agree with talking to her doctor, maybe purchasing a pregnancy book. Pregnancy loss is a real thing, no matter what age. But she just needs some refocus. And extra love.

I had my daughter at 16 natural birth no compilations but at birth she decided to swollen her poop. Now she is a amazing young 16yr old girl happy as can be.

It’s going to be scary for her and she is going to need your support more than ever right now.

I got pregnant at 17 and had the baby naturally at 18. Take her to a doctor so she can ask any questions.

I was 17. All natural birth. I’m 47 and she is my bestest friend ever

make an appointment with her doctor and go with tell him what you just told us, I am sure that he might be able to answer some of the questions. and shame on her Mother for doing this.

mother’s of pregnant/teen mom is a great group to look into

i think more women have lesser issues the younger they are and more the older they get lol (I think) i sure did and im only 24

Show her real statistics on the subject. Let her Doctor tell her that she is able to have a perfectly healthy pregnancy and baby. You can suggest that her mom may be speaking out of love and concern or just ignorance but it helps no one to be negative in that way. A sure her of your love for her and that you will see she gets all the positive energy and medical help she needs

1 Like

Assure her that you can step up from where her own mother is lacking! As scary as the birth tales she was told are I’m sure what’s hurt her the most is she was excited to share this very bonding experience with her mum and got shot down.

I got pregnant at 15 and my first at 16 at home with no doctor intervention. Completely healthy. Her mom shouldn’t be saying such negativity. I had kids at 16, 19, 22, and 24.

2 Likes

I had my first at 19 and had C Section I did have trouble but I really think it’s because the Dr said i would not have my daughter 3 more weeks and they said it was a boy my water broke membrane was ruptured before going to hospital and the dam Drs knew my daughters head was too big and was never going to come out of the birth canal made me lye there 36 hrs to try and have natural before doing C section so I think it is because the Drs made wrong decisions .Never ever would I ever go to Wright Patterson Hospital again .

You just need to be there for you!! Her mom doesn’t sound like a mom!! She has you! That’s all she needs!! Good luck. As long as she doesn’t listen to what her mom says she will be fine. No stress no worries. What I was told.

Women have been having kids in their teens sense humans existed.

1 Like

I’m a 16 year old mother I was still in high school when I had my child she probably won’t need a C-section I had my first all natural just try to encourage her and say hey it’s going to be okay and if she still in school say or help her figure out options for baby care while she’s going to school be her support I would have not made it without my mama she’s all I had and I had my son the day before his due date no issues just a rapid labor is the only thing I had to deal with I have rapid labors my babies come in less than 2 hours and I still graduated high school with a baby took care of that baby by myself who is now 11 and hitting puberty but tell her she can do it if she wants this baby she can do it more than likely she won’t have to have a C-section just be there for her listen to her and support her when I found out I was pregnant at 16 I was actually going into the doctor for birth control my mama was there when we found out I had no idea and the thing my mama did will always be a memory for me she looked at me cried with me hug me and said we will figure this out together

Give her all the help & love she needs

1 Like

Help her research everything get her with a social worker. Talk to her doctor.

Tell her we all wish we were as strong and fit as we were at 17! She’s going to do amazing. And, in the unlikely event she did need a c section the ultimate goal is a healthy baby.

Not really advice but I had my daughter at 18. My pregnancy and delivery (vaginal birth) were both normal with no complications. At 17 a womens body is in its prime for pregnancy in most cases. Also I’m now 36, have 3 beautifully healthy children, and I’m married to the father for more then 13 years :slightly_smiling_face:

I had my 1st at 18. I had no problems. Did 18hrs of labor w/o any meds, and had a beautiful little girl. She’s now 11 totally healthy. Sounds like it’s a good thing that dad has custody, because her mom sounds toxic.

Educated her and have her talk to her doctor. Have her write down questions before she goes, so she will be prepared to ask her doctor exactly what she wants to know. Give her books related to moms-to-be. Remember many pioneer moms were only 12-18yes old. They survived pregnancy and helped build this nation.

No no no teen moms are the insane crew giving birth without meds like it was a walk through Walmart! They do delivery better than us “old and wise” crowd!

This sounds crazy but remind her that long ago women her age wer considered adults and already had 2 or 3 kids its what our bodies were meant to do and remind her you are there for her… Remind her first then point out some history facts lol

2 Likes

Take her to planned parenthood. They are great for walking you through pregnancy.

1 Like

Mary was a teenager when she had Jesus

1 Like

My daughter had twins 3 weeks after she turned 18 and she’s doing just fine they are five now. Your daughter will do well tell her not to be discouraged by her mother’s words.

Just re assure her. & b there 4 her

My first was an emergency c section. Let her know whether it be a natural birth or csection the doctors will do whatever is best and safest for her and the baby. I was 21. Women are meant to carry children

I had my daughter at 19, had an easy pregnancy and an easy labor. My labor was only 7 1/2 hours long and had her natural with no pain meds!

I had two b4 I was 18 all went well no c sections all natural, back in the olds days young girls around that her age had babies all the time

I had my first at 17, 9 years ago now… I finished year 12 early and had my son in July, it’s hard but sooo worth it lovely girl. You got this!

Idk if you will actually see this but I had my 1st at 16 if she wants to message me she can.

I had my daughter at 17 (I’m 23 now) and it was scary. I had alot of people telling me to have an abortion but just having someone on my side made my pregnancy alot easier. For me it was knowing I wasn’t doing it on my own and that what ever questions I had I was able to ask and got an answer without judgment.

Just educate her as much as possible

My 16yo sister tiny little thing had her baby 100% natural!

I had 3 kids in my teens with no c section

You face more challenges but it’ll be fine. If she has a lot of support from family, itllbe fine. And what’s wrong with a c section? I had one. Both my youngest and I are fine.

I had my daughter all natural 1 month after I turned 16! She will do fine :slightly_smiling_face:

My sister had her baby at 15 and was in labor all day at school and almost had her baby on the bus home. She had to have almost 24 stitches inside but other than that, she graduated with a cosmology license and a diploma. She worked very hard to graduate and be a mother at the same time. It is possible. Never give up.

2 Likes

I was 17 when I had my first and did not need a c section… Also my mom was 16 when she had her first and it was all natural. As with 25 of my friends all teen mom’s and all completely natural births

My first was when I was 17. He was a big and healthy little boy. He is an adult now doing his thing and making life happen. People need to mind their business. There were absolutely no complications during the pregnancy or delivery.

The best thing you can do is take her to a professional, an Obgyn/Prenatal that specializes in teen pregnancy. This child is naive, and misinformed. The focus seems to be on the mother more so than on this young mom to be.

2 Likes

I’d reassure her and just be her supporter

Cut all ties with the mom because she’s giving the wrong advice… and who needs that negativity and stress in her life

1 Like

Go with her to the obgyn and have the Dr explain. She will be fine and a baby is a blessing

7 Likes

My mom had me at 17 I’m now 32 I had a good childhood

2 Likes