How can I increase my sex drive?

If your a certain age it could be hormonal changes.

It could be your meds if your on any

3 Likes

I have zero sex drive but committed (to myself) not to ever turn my husband down (unless there was a real reason to do so). Ultimately I end up satisfied and glad that we did have sex. If it were up to me to initiate, based on my drive we may never have sex again.

I was told with having haemochromatosis my sex drive would be like this. But I must have passed it onto my husband instead :joy:

1 Like

See your doctor. There is help

1 Like

Itā€™s a question for your doctor because while itā€™s possible it could be hormone related , it could also mean something more serious health wise . This question needs to be addressed with a physician . Your primary can refer you to a gynecologist

4 Likes

Just do it a few times and maybe itā€™ll get you more in the mood to do it more often. Talk to him about and request that he does something(s) you enjoy to help get you in that state of intimacy

Come join the Coochie Crew of Queens of Yoni Detox sheā€™ll get you together hunny

That happened to me too. After we split up I met a new man who treats me well and makes me feel appreciated, doesnā€™t lie to me and guess what, my sex drive came back. I realized I lost desire for my ex because he was so hurtful to me.

I highly recommend reading ā€œcome as you areā€ by Nagoski

1 Like

Fake itā€¦give him what he wantsā€¦:woman_shrugging:t3::woman_facepalming:t3: jus sayingā€¦you want to keep him??? You could also go to your doc but whatā€™s a little faking going to hurt :peace_symbol::heart:

2 Likes

Get some blood work done. Talk to a doc for sure :slight_smile: and try and get some one on one time with your husband as much as possible! we get so busy with kids and life in general our relationship gets put on the back burner! Lots of good books and challenges you guys can read and do together as well that can rekindle the spark.

I can relate. I have ZERO drive. I feel so bad for him and idk how to get it back

2 Likes

Go see a doctor,you might need hormons

First off, youā€™re more than likely HIGHLY stressed as well as sleep deprived. That right there will kill it.

9 Likes

Look, letā€™s get real. It gets old. And no matter how hard they try, some partners just donā€™t speak the same sex language we do. Take some time alone and scroll through xvideos.com, or whatever other site floats your boat, for stuff you just dream about and LET GO. Get yourself in the mood first and then surprise HIM. Or just take care of yourself and chill out. Thatā€™s how you last through the decades! If youā€™re not in the mood, give him a free BJ and call it a day. This way he doesnā€™t suffer and youā€™re off the hook for a couple of days lol. REAL TALK

Pure Romance has a product for you. Contact Patty Marmann

2 Likes

A few years back I had this same conversation with my physician and he said your sex drive is like a muscle you have to exercise it. Just like working out you donā€™t want to but you have to push through sometimes and just do it, and just like working out after a bit you start to see the results and you want to do it more.

There are ads all over here for that new med Addiy. A little ā€œpink pillā€ for exactly this problem for women. Talk to your Dr. Couldnā€™t hurt.

Have a few glasses of wine. Relax and put no pressure on yourself.

Sometimes hidden depression can affect libido! Happened to my cousin

3 Likes

I had this same problem after having my daughter. I just felt absolutely ugly & hideous. I was not comfortable showing or looking at my body for the longest. My husband was so sweet & would remind me all the time that I was even more beautiful now because I was a motherā€‹:heart: We didnā€™t do anything for months I just wasnā€™t comfortable. Over time & working on feeling normal again I decided I was ready to make love again & letā€™s just say it was one of the best times weā€™ve had!!:heart: It was definitely worth the wait! Do not blame yourself momma! It is completely okay to feel however you are feeling. Your husband sounds likes he is just trying to create a spark and might not see itā€™s making you feel bad. Communication is key. Be raw & real with him. And like others suggested taking a date night for just you two may help with figuring out the issues!!:heart::heart:

1 Like

Same!I have been with my partner for 14 years we have four kids together and honestly sex feels like a chore I have no sex drive no want to cuddle kiss anything like that by the end of the day Iā€™m just drained and he tries all the time to initiate it but Iā€™m just not into it

Check out Hormone Pellet therapy, It works amazing for both Men and Women. Prayers and Blessings <3

1 Like

Are you on birth control? It can kill off any desire you have long term. Just a thought

1 Like

Are you on any birth control? If not you need to let your gyno know cause your body may either be producing too much or not enough of something

2 Likes

I was in the same boat and had hormone levels checked. Now I use a low dose testosterone cream.

2 Likes

Smoke something ā€¦ lol Actually see the OBGYN or ask your Endocrinologist to do blood work. Probably just a hormone thing. Donā€™t suffer like I did ā€¦ see a doctor ā€¦ it is soooooo worth it. Do it for yourself ā€¦ sex isnā€™t just for pleasing him ā€¦ itā€™s for you also. :two_hearts:

I would get a check up with labs. Hormones could be the problem.
Also relationship are very hard work and every aspect of the relationship has to be nurtured to grow. Iā€™ve been married 32 years and had a time in my relationship where it took a lot of effort to get things going but once they did i very much enjoyed it. so i would focus on how much I enjoyed it that last time and it was a lot easier to get started the next time

3 Likes

I never read comments above! But I think u should start dating him again. Go on dates make time for each other once a week! Kids go to bed itā€™s your guys time. Take a bath together watch a movie!! Hope that helps best of luck girl :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Go to the doctor. Sounds like a hormonal imbalance.

4 Likes

Iā€™m 28, my husband is 34, and weā€™ve been married for 11 years. Our son is 9 almost 10 and Iā€™ve had almost zero sex drive since then. I finally broke down and went to the doctor and found out I have PCOS along with Thyroid issues. They put me on medicine and Iā€™m not kidding you, in the last 3 weeks weā€™ve done the deed every single day multiple times a day :joy: Iā€™d get my thyroid tested if I were you. It can throw everything off!

Oh honey there is nothing ā€œwrongā€ with you. You are still going through the motions of early childhood, and child bearing has such an incredible effect on our bodies and our mind. It all takes time. Some more than others but you will get there. Asking advice is always the first step.

You could talk to a dr about any medical causes or possibly a therapist who can help you figure out where the issue lies if not medically. Another thing is our hormones change throughout our lives and it could be a passing phase. And sometimes sex can feel like itā€™s another chore. While it is annoying, frustrating, and depressing, you can overcome it!!

A nice getaway is always a good idea if itā€™s been a while.
Is sex quality good? Are you fulfilled? Could it use some exploring to make things spicy again? Talking to a dr is all and well but conversations with your S/O are incredibly important as well! Express to him how youā€™re feeling and together come up with ideas on how to improve the situation bc it is not your fault. This is life and these things happen but working together will always get you throughā™„ļø

Talk to your doctor. It could be a hormonal thing.

4 Likes

Contact your gynecologist or primary physician. Could definitely be hormone related especially after having a little one.

3 Likes

Little pink pill!!!

1 go to he doctor and get your hormone levels checked 2 relax 3 do daily affirmations 4 if you arent getting yourself ready and doing self care like your hair and stuff to make yourself feel good do that make yourself feel good and tell yourself you look good like before you had kids you know when you were getting ready to go out with your man. 5 is he getting you ready to get busy is there foreplay? You know the flirting the kisses etc? Cus you may just need the extras

11 Likes

Stop your birth control if u are on it

So I was the general manager of 2 sexual health and wellness boutiques for 8 years. We had lots of options for women with a low sex drive. There are lots of safe, herbal supplements that increase blood flow, especially to your erogenous zones like the clitoris, the vaginal opening, nipples etcā€¦ the increased blood flow will stimulate those areas and cause them to be much more sensitive to touch. They also work by increasing libido, and increasing vaginal lubrication. I know there are a lot of them out there and it may seem overwhelming, but one in particular that I can personally vouch for and can say that we have sold a ton of is kangaroo for women. There is a pink pill, and a purple pill and the only difference between the two that I have seen is that the purple pill is three times stronger than the pink. These are safe as long as you donā€™t have a heart condition which is only something that they say to be extra careful for liability reasons because of the increased blood flow. There is also Spanish fly, which does roughly the same thing but is a little more difficult to figure out the dosing. There is also clit stimulating gel & G-Spot stimulating gel that are topical solutions which can be used with or without the pills. This will stimulate those areas and increase sexual drive by causing such stimulation. Another thing I recommend is if you are a social drinker, have a glass of wine or two, lower your inhibitions a little bit and get yourself out of your mind. Allow yourself to relax and just enjoy the moment. Sometimes we may not initially be in the mood, but if we allow our body to respond to the pleasure, our mind will catch up to it. I definitely suggest you have an open and honest conversation with your partner about it and explain to him that it has absolutely nothing to do with him but that you are trying things to correct the situation. Perhaps suggest going to a sexual wellness store and picking out a few items to try together. Make it a fun adult night. get a babysitter, maybe go out to dinner and hand him the remote to a vibrating panty and give him the control. They make really good options now that can clip right into your own panties so you donā€™t have to worry about them coming with these ridiculous little lace panties that tie up that only fit extremely petite women. California Exotics offers a ton of really great internal and external remote panty vibes. Maybe after dinner you go home, light a few candles, set the mood, get into some sexy lingerie, pour a few glasses of wine for you and your partner, start with an erotic massage and then work your way into foreplayā€¦ so much of it is just letting go and being in the moment. Try to do whatever you can to get out of your head and let your body do the thinking. What youā€™re going through is completely normal, but it will take work on your behalf and your partnerā€™s behalf to get you to a place where you are back to where you once were. I have found that clean eating and regular exercise really helps do wonders for depression and anxiety and an added benefit is that it will help you drop any extra baby weight you may be carrying and boost your confidence. Just know that you are not alone, and that there are ways to fix this issue. You just have to have an open mind and be willing to step outside of your comfort zone a little bit.

It could be ppd talk to your dr about it.

Nothings ā€˜wrongā€™ w you. Agree get hormones checked. Allow someone to babysit if youā€™re a stay at home mom. Have date nights to dress up and feel sexy. Your child is 2 you may just be seeing yourself through the lens of mom and not sexy wife. Talk to people. Donā€™t shut him out. Take care of him in other ways if not the whole experience :wink:. Hang in there!!!

7 Likes

Very common!! You are not alone!

Almost half of all US women have low libido or no libido-sex drive.
Message me for info and tips to help.
Patty Marmann,RN
Pure Romance by Patty Marmann

I feel this so much; I just wanted to let you know that your not alone xx

8 Likes
  1. get your hormones checked
  2. do you guys connect on an intimate level? And Iā€™m not talking sex. Try talking heart to heart before anything sexual. Youā€™d be surprised how turned on you can get when a man will be emotional with you.

Research yoni message. It can help with rejuvenating your body. It assist with blood flow,connection with partner, release trauma (either physical or emotional) itā€™s incredibly intimate and caring process to do with a partner but you can also do it to yourself. I highly recommend looking into it. It is a fundamental practice in tantra.

Try the Dr and see about a hormone imbalance
Or do things to feel more connected with your partner
Like shower together and help each other clean up or give each other massages
Spend an entire day with just each other and go on a date
Eat good food and do fun things together
Feeling closer and more connected may do it for you if the hormones arenā€™t out of balance
Maybe talk more about intimate things if you havenā€™t already
Maybe see what gets you going and just try that but maybe you have thatā€™s what it sounds like at least

1 Like

Try a whole bunch of ecstasy thatā€™s should work.

9 Likes

So I went/ am still going through this lack of libido. I have a 2.5yr old daughter, I was told by my doctorā€™s that itā€™s common to have little to no sex drive after having a baby because itā€™s mother natureā€™s way of telling you that you need to focus on the child you just birthed. The first 2 years of babyā€™s life are the most crucial for establishing life long bonds. I was told that my sex drive would come back around the 2 yr mark unfortunately it didnā€™t. I was hoping some magic switch would flip in my head but it didnā€™t. My husband and I have been really distant with each other a lot due to my depression and my constant turning him down for sexual activities. I also noticed we have no intimacy not only in a sexual way but in a nonsexual way so I asked my husband to do therapy with me although it took him awhile to accept my request we did get into therapy where our therapist recommended we work on our presence within our relationship and she also recommended a book called ā€œCome As You Areā€ by Emily Nagoski. I havenā€™t completed the book but it does have some very useful information in it. It was the 2nd time someone recommended that book to me and the first person that recommended it was a doctor at my doctors office she said it completely changed her sex life and she highly recommended it to me. My therapist said it can be somewhat hard to push through but it is an incredible book. Itā€™s sitting on my nightstand right now. I talked to anyone and everyone that would listen. I thought maybe it was my birth control? Or my hormones? Did it mean that I wasnā€™t attracted to my husband anymore? Was something wrong with me? None of these questions were the right answers. I am 100% normal and I am on a journey trying to navigate though this complex thing of a female human mind and body. My sex drive still isnā€™t where Iā€™d like it to be but I am turning my husband down a lot less lately. I think therapy for us really has helped along with him giving me the grace to figure out whatā€™s going on within myself and for that I am so grateful. It was hard though to get where I am now. I felt terrible for not meeting his needs but I also needed him to understand that there was a reason for it and that I was trying on my end to get down to the bottom of it.

You are not alone. Iā€™ve been married 13 years almost and have no sex drive. Mine is because of the antidepressant that Iā€™m on. I have tried several different types of AD and this one helps me the most. See your doctor he/she may be able to help you. Good luckā€¦

Go to the doc. Could be hormone issues.

just lay there and let him go at it

12 Likes

I have no sex drive either. But I have Hashimotoā€™s. Iā€™ve been with my now fiance for 11 years we have 3 kids together :heart:
You could just need a weekend for the two of you to spice things up. Unfortunately it happens ā€¦long relationships get comfortable/boring lolā€¦and they need actual effort to resolve shit lol. Also just double check w your Dr also to rule out anything hormonal.
:slight_smile: goodluck

Best thing to do is like I did go to Adam and Eve theyā€™ve got toys for you toys for him little outfits for you to wear lotions lubricant flavored just all kinds of stuff I bet I spent over $100 in the past 2 months or three and it was well worth it even at you if you had to do it by yourself do that because it will get it to where youā€™re excited try different things watch videos if you need to and before long youā€™ll be fantasizing about it come up with a fantasy to try good luck

2 Likes

Babe fix it as soon as possible before he starts looking for it somewhere else

12 Likes

U have less sex harmones
Take sex hormones By injction is only solutions

Go see your OBGYN could be a hormonal imbalance. No shame in asking questions. Could be an easy fix

5 Likes

I would look into a sex therapist and of course a hormone level/general health check with your doc. So many things can throw off your sex drive.

If it were me, Iā€™d start with medical and move on to a therapist who specializes in helping people get back healthy sex drives.

I understand you arenā€™t in the mood to do it but he probably isnā€™t in the mood to take out the trash for you after a long day at work or to watch the baby to give you a break right after work. You have to do things you donā€™t want to to keep your partner happy. Definitely get checked out to make sure everything is normal with you but I think itā€™s selfish to deny sex to your partner simply because you never feel like it.

I also second the dr. I have a 3 year old and completely lost my sex drive with her dad. Almost immediately after I had her. Iā€™m actually going thru the same thing and made an apt to the Dr myself.

go to therapy consider changing birth control.

1 Like

Hurry up and figure it out before he goes elsewhere lol

4 Likes

See your Doctor and explain.

1 Like

Maybe you might have to pretend you are interested ? An layback an let him do his magic :grin:

6 Likes

Increase your estrogen levels.

Have a romance party :joy:

Iā€™m going to just say this now, it is not your FAULT that your sex drive isnā€™t as active as his. Clearly you care enough to make an effort to be more intimate and honestly the best course of action would be to see a doctor/therapist to rule out hormones and other stress related causes. Saying it is your FAULT is putting a negative connotation on a perfectly normal thing that isnā€™t in your control

Are you on any medication like antidepressants if so that can make you feel that way, go somewhere different go for a drive, go skinny dipping something spicy, because heā€™s a man that has needs as well,

2 Likes

Get married and go on honeymoon. Will put you on the mood

2 Likes

Just do it, with no sex drive. Have to please your man

Hormones or medication or contraceptionā€‹:thinking: go to your go theyā€™ll be able to help you. Thereā€™s nothing wrong with you. Having a baby is a huge deal for a start. Be kind to yourself :heart:

1 Like

I think you have a hormone imbalance
Or got an underlying problem like diabetesā€¦ thyroid

Iā€™m sure it can be sorted out but you need go see doc.

Also maybe change your protection ie the pill. It can cause low sex drive.

Have you suffered depression coz that can have knock on effect

Talk to a doc but until then sometimes u just gotta take one for the team whether your in the mood or not

25 Likes

Have your thyroid checked

2 Likes

Ashwagandha tablets help! Also, create some fantasies on your mind! Maybe stimulate yourself. You probably need to feel sexy before being into intimacyā€¦ itā€™s normal after kids that our body changes and we donā€™t feel so comfortable.
Exercise! It releases hormones that will make you more into sex!
Use massages and create time to date. Push yourself even when your not so much in the mood, sometimes doing it will wake up ur mood! Hope it helps!

Totally normal! Talk to a therapist and if youā€™re open to medicationā€¦ it definitely helped me! Having kids is super stressful and changes everything! Be patient and kind with yourself! Itā€™ll get better!
If no medication, maybe begin finding any time you can to be ā€˜aloneā€™ with yourself ā€¦ focus on you to help back to normal.

Time :wink: heals everything.

Aso time and therapy :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I have this same issue! After the hormones settled after my pregnancy I have had zero sex drive since!

I donā€™t just have zero drive. I also get zero pleasure. Itā€™s always been this way. Iā€™ve never had an orgasm. I donā€™t enjoy sex not even a little bit. I thought it would get better as I got older, but it hasnā€™t. I hate sex. But I still give my manā€™s his whenever he wants, because itā€™s not fair to him that IM broken!!! :disappointed:

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How can I increase my sex drive? - Mamas Uncut

4 Likes

Iā€™m sorry but this is totally normal and ok. Go with your natural flow and try not to worry too much <3 I donā€™t think you need to see a ā€œmedical professionalā€ about this. Look within and discover what at the root of this feeling. Perhaps this kind of thing just isnā€™t your cup of tea right now and thatā€™s ok. Connection is key and that comes in many forms and often leads to deeper intimacy.

10 Likes

They do make libido pills you can buy over the counter but honestly I would talk to your doctor to find out if there is an underlying issue. Many things can contribute to low sex drive.

32 Likes

Low iron level can contribute to that among other things. I agree with others about doing some blood work.

9 Likes

Are you taking any kind of medication? Check the side effects. BCP reduces sex drive. Hormonal changes with age as well.

5 Likes

Hormones! A womanā€™s body is complex! Especially after having children, being a mom, wife, girlfriend, it can affect you in a health sense. Talk to your PCP!

16 Likes

Could be many things. First talk to your doctor and make everything is fine. You probably low on something or hormone issues since giving birth. Could even be meds you are taking. If all is clear I would get a small vibrator and see if that gets you in the mood, talk about your fantasies, or read a romance novel just before bed, and he is the man in the book

22 Likes

Have your hormones checked and if they are ok get some counseling together donā€™t beat yourself up that doesnā€™t help anything if you love this man and he loves you work on it together donā€™t be sad gets your groove back :heart:

9 Likes

I would say go have a chat with your gp I know your hormone and thyroid levels can play a part in that good luck hun sorry I couldnā€™t be of more help

18 Likes

Try getting away for a couple nights wo the kiddos see if that helps. It might just be uou are do tired from taking care of kids, him and house you are just tired

4 Likes

Read some juicy novels that ignite things, or watch movies, shades of grey. Sometimes as a tired, stressed mumma you need to find you again. Your normal, dont stress. Work out what you need to feel sexy and allow it.

5 Likes

Ok not your fault but seeking medical professional advice is needed, I hope you can figure it out, Iā€™m so sorry.

6 Likes

Get off from those contraceptives they affect many womenā€¦ 2 you should find what realy attract you from your man. Hold on to that. Try not to stress much just always think positive find everything that makes you happy be it being around people who make you happy be watching programs on tv or listerning to music or just have a walk in the parkā€¦ If you free your mind your body get relaxedā€¦ Lastly have a day in a week that you sleep more than 10hrs maybe you are overworking yourself and hasnt have enough sleep since you gave birthā€¦

1 Like

Make an appointment to see your doctor. There could be many factors as to why this has happened. Good luck xx

3 Likes

He should propose you to be your husband. You are tired because of your 2 years old AND insecure because of your longtime boyfriend who doesnā€™t marry you. He has no sex because he doesnā€™t deserve it from you. Itā€™s not your fault lady!

2 Likes

Buy some candles and :wine_glass: wine,soak in a hot tubbie while drinking it. Hand him some baby oil and remember why you fell in love with him

3 Likes

Go to the doctor Iā€™m sure you are low on estrogen or something itā€™s probably an easy fix go to your doctor

6 Likes

I was low on vitamin D . It helped when i started taking someā€¦ they have other stuff you can take too

2 Likes

Depression can kill libido, but ironically, so can SOME antidepressants in SOME people. No need to go through life feeling this lack of sexual desire Seek out medical and/or mental health assistance.

5 Likes

My wife was on a medication that made her have no sex driveā€¦ We figured it out and the doctor switched the medicationā€¦ Shes starting to slowly come back to her old selfā€¦ If you are worried about it talk to your primary and maybe try a counselor as there are many reasons why this happens.

3 Likes

Could be low in testosterone, worth getting hormones checked.

7 Likes