How can I manage my bacterial vaginosis symptoms?

Change laundry detergent to a sensitive one and also don’t use soap use a ph balanced soap free body wash and only wear cotton underwear.

Probiotics everyday all day

7 Likes

Your partner may have something they’re passing to you without knowing it maybe get him checked out

Boric Acid suppositories. You can find them on amazon.

1 Like

This does NOT soundike BV at all!

2 Likes

The antibiotics they gave me for my bad case of it (after several rounds of different types) they said will most likely give you a yeast infection. I would maybe see another doctor and see what they say do another Swab and ask them to culture it but at the very least get more antibiotics (I know, it sucks) and treat a yeast infection during and afterwards

5 Likes

Apply milk cream over affected area

Please get checked for diabetes.

look up Boric acid suppositories

Babyyyy get you a large yoni kit from Gracefully Natural :herb: and thank me later :kissing_heart:

Seriously what is with people asking medical questions?!!

I had a similar issue years ago. 1. Change out of sweaty clothes ASAP if you work out. 2. Do not use anything but cetaphil on your vagina. 3. There is a product called rePhresh that you can use to keep the Ph balance. It is amazing. I feel for you. Hope this helps

I work in a obgyn office, you’d be surprised how common chronic BV and yeast are. Try boric acid suppositories. A patient of mine said they got them at Target. Also use condoms during treatment as your partner can continuously pass it back and forth to you.

2 Likes

All the advice is sound. Just to add, get rest. Immune system from hot weather, jobs, chores and lack of sleep can make you vulnerable.

1 Like

you been tested for herpes, sometimes girls who have herpes have those symptoms. doesnt have to be the genital one either, can be simplex 1 on the nerves, the good ol cold sore…once ypuve had cold sores/herpes simplex it can lay dormant in your body for decades.

Get back to your doctor…He knows you and your body better than anyone else…you are having a reaction to the meds that have deleted some of your bodies natural flora…

This is all symptoms from the meds not the illness . Look up “floxxed”

Probiotics, change diet to less sugar and bread if not already doing so, hydrate with a lot of H20. Ask for an STD panel to rule out… I’m big on the natural soaps and pads. Boric acid suppositories, V-steam with herbs​:bath:t5:, etc will get you right. You’ll feel like a whole new woman. I have menstrual issues and everything combined helped to correct some of it. My go to products are below and I tell all my friends about these. Follow on IG and the reviews speak for themselves :grin::clap:t4:

• opens back up in a month
1 Like

Vaginal flagyl gel it works way better then oral medication. Sometimes they have to do both.
Also what you are describing itching that is not usually a bacterial effect that is a yeast infection effect. You may need to get a monistat 1 day egg. Sometimes you have to buy 2. Or the dr can perscribe diflucan. With that said the monistat egg works better than the diflucan and diflucan is bad for your liver.
Getting on urinary vitamins like cranberry and others. Probiotics.
Also some people get infections after every time they have sex.
Try showering thoroughly before and after and urinating immediately after sex and before the after shower. Making sure your partner showers before as well and both parties brush teeth and use bacteria killing mouthwash before sex as well. A small price to pay for less infections.

Insist your GP refer you to a gynecologist.

Personally I’d go back to the dr
But in the meantime only wash down there with plain water or if you must use soap use something like femmefresh which is designed for there
Avoid baths with scented products as this can irritate
Avoid washing it too often as that can cause problems too
Xx

Since nobody has mentioned, for sure, boric acid suppositories!! :] it’s awesome and you insert into vagina once a month and prevents BV and Yeast but promotes healthy bacteria. You need to talk with your doctor to make sure you can take it.

Get a referral for a gynaecologist!

I suffered like this before I was diagnosed with diabetes, since I’ve been on diabetic meds I’ve had no more symptoms

Sounds like that antibiotic is doing more harm than good. Not all are created equal.

1 Like

Check for pelvic infection

Please go to the UC, babe

Don’t give up, keep going til you find the answer

1 Like

Go to a different doctor wtf? This isn’t a let’s get advice from the internet situation here lol. You need to seek help from a medical professional, some of your symptoms are seriously concerning.

I suffered with this over a few years on and off and had to keep going on antibiotics and antibiotic cream that you put in a tube thing and use inside the vagina, it was a process of eliminating loads of different things, scented toilet roll, soap, shower gel, tampax and sex one thing at a time to figure out what was causing it, i haven’t had it in 4 years now and i have finally been able to add tampax back to the use list, when showering i avoid that area with soap and just use water and if i have a bath its plain water to relax in then stand up and wash off and do my hair over the bath :see_no_evil: its a pain but it has worked for me xx

I find that if I have to start a course of antibiotics I need to use pro-biotics to counteract the side effects. Life space brand is good , the 32 billion cfu is strong enough to support your gut with good bacteria you need to avoid what your going through.

And the live in partner was always accusing me of cheating. Well let’s just say that I haven’t had any problems since I got rid of him

1 Like

check for diabetes with dr, may be an underlying cause

3 Likes

I have recently been told about these… only to be inserted into your women bits NOT TO BE TAKEN ORALLY… Insert vaginal tablets containing the antiseptic, dequalinium 10 mg, once daily for 6 days. Insert boric acid 600 mg vaginal capsules or pessaries daily for 14 days, and twice weekly for 6–12 months to prevent a recurrence.

This sounds alot like that happened to me years ago I was on antibiotics for over 2 months and wasn’t getting any better and turns out I was resistant to the antibiotic
After taking a different one I was finally able to get relief but what a nightmare it was
Hope u get some answers soon but maybe ask for blood test to see if u are maybe resistant also

1 Like

Pop a teaspoon of virgin coconut oil on up there before you hop in the shower. Instant relief and a natural way to combat it. Magic. I had it a few times while I was pregnant, and it worked really well.

Ice packs! I delt with it horribly while pregnant. The medicines just didn’t seem to last long. Natural Probiotics should help. Look up on Google some ways to prevent and recover from it.

They have the granules your doctor can prescribe, they knocked mine right out almost immediately. The antibiotics he gave me first made me so sick. The pharmacist had warned me it might. I only took a couple of the pills and felt horrible. The granules you mix with yogurt and eat. I think two doses. It killed it immediately.

How much alcohol do you drink?

Boric acid works great. Put it in a pill capsule and insert!

1 Like

Go back for another diagnosis. It sounds like it could be a UTI, toxic shock, STI/STD… either way these are symptoms you don’t want to mess around with, especially in this body system because a lot can go wrong internally if not treated properly.

3 Likes

Azo for yeast infections. Its a yellow box and you can order it from Walmart. I get them to. Also Broic acid

2 Likes

I’d go to the doctors and tell them how you are feeling it might be something else I wouldn’t take advice from people on the internet with symptoms like that

1 Like

You’re symptoms seem serious. If you are bedridden I would go the ER and get looked at. Maybe something more.

1 Like

Helps with your symptoms.

Go to a different dr for a second opinion

2 Likes

I had this for a long time. Started eating probiotic yogurts couple times a week. Never again. Good luck

2 Likes

Go back to the OB, and get the ointment…You might need to start drinking only water, and eat more probiotic. But 100% if you are able to head back to the OB! P

sounds like you need to seek another opinion from another doctor and you have received a misdiagnosis. if you doctor is treating bacterial vaginitis and meds are not working, then it could be a yeast infection or something more serious

1 Like

Sounds crazy but every morning and night drink 4oz water with 1/2 a tsp of aluminum free baking soda. Then eat a clove of raw garlic 3x a day. Natural remedies for most infections especially down there.

2 Likes

Sounds more than just BV…I’d be seeking medical advice/ help! Hope you feel better soon xx

2 Likes

I do agree that it sounds like there might be more going on than just BV. But yogurt can help with putting your tummy and natural flora back in order and help with the itching. Cranberry juice can help with any kidney, bladder, or urinary infections. But please seek medical advice for the persistence of your infliction.

2 Likes

I’m curious what antibiotics you took because none of that sounds like BV.
If it was Cipro or anything in that class of antibiotics you’ve been poisoned. Those antibiotics have so many black box warnings I don’t know how the hell it’s still on the market. It’s called being floxed. I’m a lifer thanks to a reoccurring UTI while I was pregnant. There are support groups if you are interested.

Aside from seeing a doctor ASAP! You can get bacterial vaginosis cream at the pharmacy.

This stuff here works like a charm.

Taking antibiotics can cause you to also get a yeast infection. I would go back to your Ob and get more tests done

2 Likes

Sound like they gave you the wrong antibiotics.I have it alot they have to send a culture off so they know what one to prescribed. It could be the soap your using.

These are not symptoms of bacterial vaginosis. The symptoms are malodorous vaginal discharge. The smell is worse after sex due to an amine reaction with semen. Itching could be caused by moisture but is not commonly from bv.

2 Likes

It’s sounds like you make have a yeast infection as well the medicine they gave you could have caused one. Take a bath in baking soda water to help with the itching

See a doc and explain everything that’s going on. Hope you’re better soon!!!

Stop all sodas and drink only water,100% cranberry or organic apple juice. No soap there.

What? I’ve had this before and I never had that terrible of symptoms. Can it be something more?

1 Like

Boric acid suppositories. Drink lots of water

Trichinosis has the same side affects maybe you were miss diagnosed. Its a std not saying thats what you have but could be worth looking into

This sounds more like pelvic inflammatory disorder. It takes an antibiotic cocktail to beat it. I have a lot of issues with antibiotics but its worth it to feel better in the end. Some cause gastro problems but now we have gravol and imodium to help with that. You need a gyn consult love.

I highly suggest you find a different medical provider immediately, as this is not normal. Have them also check you for other illnesses (diabetes) which is not treated, as it can cause infections. If this keeps recurring or isn’t resolving, something is amiss….and your physician is dropping the ball.

1 Like

Boric Acid suppositories. They work wonders

1 Like

Try an ob-gyn Dr. explain everything it shouldn’t b to hard for him to figure it out what’s going on n give u a treatment that works

You sound allergic to the antibiotics.

May have yeast and bv. Ask for the vaginal bv meds if you haven’t used them yet. They’re much easier on your body than the oral flagyl. Make sure to eat yogurt to help the abdominal symptoms. Also, get checked for a uti as well. They can all hit at once. Drink plenty of water. I’ve worked in a specialty gyn office for years- I also have the same side effects to the oral antibiotics. They’re so strong. :pensive:

To help with symptoms before you go to dr to figure out…
Ice cold cloths will help stop burning…itchy…
Can get over the counter yeast infection cream to help with that also…

Get tested for Group B strep, shows as BV or yeast

1 Like

anytime any one is on antibiotic, they also should take probiotics,…,the rest, you really need to talk to your GYN

Need to go back to your doctor or find a new OBGYN.

2 Likes

Cortizo e 10 MAX strength and vavisil medicated wipes Max strength in purple pack. It was the only thing that helped and I tried just about everything

Could be be a urinary tract infection aswell?

the itchiness could be a yeast infection caused by the antibiotics. go back to doctor for a swab!

1 Like

Probiotics when on antibiotics. In general they are good for women’s health :ok_hand:t3:

You probably have something else wrong :expressionless:

2 Likes

Boric acid capsules straight into the cookie every night for 7 days💕 you are welcome

I’d go to the ER if I was feeling that awful. From the comments this doesn’t sound normal.

1 Like

Sounds like bad yeast infection. Use monistat cream

2 Likes

boric acid tablets help me

Go to ER doesn’t sound good. Could be a UTI as well.

1 Like

Go back to gyno and tell them

1 Like

Sounds like yeast.!
I too mistook mine for bacterial vag and it was Yeast.
Couldn’t tell bc I have dont experience any itching, thank god!:weary:

Boric acid suppositories. Look up BoriCap on Amazon.

Do you mean a yeast infection? Call your doc that you regularly see and tell her you’ve tried everything(or in appointment) and diflucan(a pill) is the only thing that works.Hope you get it soon.

1 Like

I have had BV several times and it’s never been that bad. When I feel my PH is compromised beyond the help of yogurt or probiotics, boric acid capsules help a lot. Some of those symptoms sound like they’re coming from the antibiotic but a bit aggressive. If you’re sensitive to antibiotics that could be why. Otherwise, you may have something more going on. Request blood work.

Call your doctor again

I’ve been told regularly that I have BV and I have never had symptoms like that, all I’ve had is smelly discharge. Are you sure they didn’t miss something?

1 Like

Different doctor or emergency room

If a full round of antibiotics didnt fix it, go to the er or back to the dr. Something is wrong.

Eliminate sugar and grains. Look into Keto diet to heal.

Stop using toliet paper. Use water and mild soap to wash everytime you use the toliet. I recommend you waxed off the public hair and scrub the skin at least twice a week to prevent ingrown hair or trim them as short as possible. Not shave as the regrowth will irritate. Rewash all your cotton undies with laundry sanitizer and put under the sun for further sanitizing if possible. Don’t use softener. Keep that area clean and dry. Use antibiotic creams that sooth the itches and keep that area moisturised but dry. Take lots of Cranberry or citric juices. It’s supposed to help with Urinary tract infections so it’s to alleviate your situation so it isn’t mixed up with Bacteria infection. Take lots of wholemeal bread to use the fibres to wipe up whatever is in your intestines guts. As the rest of them says to take probiotics, Vitamin C with Zinc, lots of water to flush out.

Have your doc check you for autoimmune issues. I had the same thing and was diagnosed with Sorgeons and started taking med for that - no more issues.

Your symptoms sound like something else is going on. You mentioned back and abdominal pain. Brain zaps, light headed, headaches, nausea, diarrhea and extreme fatigue. Honey, I’m concerned that this is more than vaginitis! If your Physician isn’t being aggressive enough then find another! C-Diff is certainly a possibility however doesn’t explain all of your symptoms. I’m in the medical field and always knew when my patients had C-Diff. There is a foul distinctive odor and the stool is watery. And you would go multiple times a day. Again, this doesn’t explain all your symptoms. Too often people aren’t aggressive enough to find answers when they are ill. If their Physician doesn’t take their symptoms seriously they think their illness isn’t serious. Fight for yourself!

Adding some natural yeasts to your diet. Yogurt is a good easy one. Try not wearing undies and only cotton clothing. When you are done showering use a blow dryer instead of a towel to dry. Don’t wash with soap and unless absolutely necessary. Try not to take baths it can cause more bacteria. Also if you are sexually active do not do not get allow semen to get inside it can be throwing your bacteria off major.

Aside from treatment, I started taking a women’s probiotic capsule everyday and it seems to have helped keep them away

I heard putting vinegar on you vagina helps with repetitive bacterial vaginosis