How can I manage my bacterial vaginosis symptoms?

Make sure you add Greek yogurt to your diet. It will help with good bacteria in your gut after having to take antibiotics or just to help fungal bacteria to neutralize. Don’t use scented soaps or liquid soaps when showering or bathing. Wear cotton gusset underwear. Sadly as cute as thongs are, they can aggravate situation. Definitely Diflucan, life changer!!

2 Likes

Get checked for CDiff! It sounds like you might have it from antibiotics. Look up the warning on your antibiotic! It’s highly contagious and makes you sick with all the symptoms you listed and if it doesn’t get treated you can die. Not being morbid. I had all those symptoms for weeks after gallbladder surgery and thought it was from that it wasn’t. Got CDiff from the antibiotics. Treatment took awhile because I had it so long not thinking I’d get the one main warning on the antibiotic. I also felt horrible not realizing for weeks that I could’ve been spreading it because it’s highly contagious

Sounds gross but get some plain proper Greek yoghurt and a tampon, cover the tampon and Insert. Every time I feel like I’m getting thrush this does the trick.

1 Like

Ask for a vaginally form if the antibiotic. I found it works 100% better than any pill. Clears it right up. Diflucan and monastat are for yeast and will not help a bacterial vaginitis.

1 Like

I had to get my sugar level under control to deal with mine

Probiotics - change your eating habits. Yogurt helps with bv- apple cider vinegar. Bv is an imbalance in the hormones in your vj. Eating better helps overall.

I suffer from constant bv and yeast infections. After going to the doctor constantly and getting prescribed medications over and over again I realized it was wiping my gut completely clean of both bad and good gut bacteria. The best way I’ve found to combat this is boric acid, an everyday probiotic with high lactobacillus. Clean up your diet for a little bit with less process sugars and more Water!

5 Likes

Men don’t “get” BV, but they can transmit BV. Be careful with who you are intimate with and who they are with.

Order some Boric Acid on Amazon. Comes with applicators like tampons. Use it at bedtime for about 4-5 nights and it’s will go away.

1 Like

If you have an IUD it can be hanging on to the strings and unfortunately you might have to have the IUD taken out.

Trimethoprim / Sulfamethoxazole
Common brands: Bactrim DS, Sulfatrim, Bactrim
Antibiotics
It can treat or prevent infections.
Brands: Bactrim DS, Sulfatrim, and Bactrim
Availability: Prescription needed
Pregnancy: Consult a doctor
Alcohol: Interactions can occur
Drug class: Folate synthesis inhibitor

Also try some lifestyle changes if it’s not stds.

1. Yogurt is your friend. If you don’t like yogurt take a daily women’s probiotic
  2. A healthy diet is always your friend
  3. Pee before and after sex. Wash off before and after sex. Make your Partner clean his or her parts before sex bc they can throw off your ph balance. ESP men!
  4. DONT douche. This is so important. Your vagina can handle the cleansing on its own. It doesn’t need your help
1 Like

Probiotics & Cranberry pills! I havent had a yeast infection or a UTI since I started taking these 2 years ago & used to get infections all the time! They make Probiotics just for the vaginal track for women.

1 Like

They have to prescribe you medication for a yeast infection. The medication they give us for BV wipes out all our good and bad bacteria which in turn gives us a yeast infection. That’s why when they give us the meds for the BV, they tend to give us meds for a yeast infection too.

I would also be sure you don’t have any other STI’s just to be safe

Just an idea for comfort, have you tried cleaning with pink baby lotion and a petroleum jelly ie vaseline as a barrier? Or a natural yoghurt to cool the area down?

Go back to the doctors! Your symptoms does NOT sound like bv. But if that is the case use probiotics.

Have your ogyn do a full screen on you first before you do anything. Sounds like you have more going in.

I would keep going back until they can give you answers.

Get a test for diabetes x x

1 Like

Bee propolis. From your mouth all the way down. A must after antibiotics. Benadryl for the itching. Hope this helps.

Boric acid suppositories!! Changed the game

U may be eating stuff with too much yeast and sugar.

Diflucan is the magic bullet!

Boric acid suppositories

Boric acid suppository

Boric acid vaginal suppositories

Get a second opinion

Return to your doctor and give a list of all symptoms. Sounds like more is going on.

You going to think this is crazy. But work on changing the ph of the body. Try Braggs apple cider vinegar. 1t in 8oz of h2o, honey. 3x a day.
I worked with a quadrapelgic who was always on antibiotics. Changed to an alkaline diet. Antibiotic free!
Add in probiotics. Lots of H2O

2 Likes

And for future reference, make sure he wears a condom, I had gotten one when I was 19, found out it was because he literally had came home from the other bitch who had a UTI, he never washed or showered before we had sex. Also if he has a UTI he can pass that onto to you and you get bacterial vaginitis from that. Take care of yourself

I’d get a transvaginal ultrasound. Sounds like ( per experience people) you might have a lot of cysts scattered around on your uterus. This can cause the pain you describe. I can’t say what I’m having done to rectify it but if I were you I’d talk to your gyno ASAP and ask for a transvaginal ultrasound. It’s better than a normal ultrasound. Shows more. That’s my advice.

Unscented feminine hygiene products (natures Eve, honey pot) will change the game. Also don’t let no man cum in you or lick you without a shower afterwards men’s cum/ saliva has a different PH

I use a feminine wash that is hypoallergenic and prebiotic to support healthy pH balance in the vagina. It has helped to lessen recurring infections of bacterial vaginosis.:cherry_blossom::ballet_shoes::cherry_blossom::ballet_shoes::cherry_blossom::ballet_shoes::cherry_blossom::ballet_shoes::cherry_blossom::ballet_shoes::cherry_blossom::ballet_shoes::cherry_blossom::ballet_shoes::cherry_blossom:

Antibiotics actually cause that. Douche, even if your doctors say no, and use your yeast infection medicines. Also you can drink celery juice to rid bacteria and viruses from your system.

Drink a teaspoon of colloidal silver 2× a day. Make sure it says it contains “active” charged silver. You can buy on Amazon. After day one when you wake up day 2 it will be gone or at least almost. You will be amazed.

CHeck whatever u r eating.

Baking soda bath may help with the itch

go back to the doctor.

Q. Do you have implants??.