How can I protect my brothers baby?

You are not entitled to someone elses child :woman_shrugging: i see you trying to be helpful, but really just keep your nose low, be supportive when you can and MAYBE you can have more time with their kid by being there instead of being ON her. Know what i mean??

5 Likes

You sound like very controlling. You do realize that is HER baby. There are 2 lanes and you are in the wrong one.

6 Likes

You’re an aunt to this baby not the mother. Mind your own business and let your bother handle his family. You need to get over yourself. Have some respect for the rules that mama is gonna put in place for HER baby!

5 Likes

Not much you can do it’s your brother that needs to do something

It’s not your child to decide and actually none of your business

10 Likes

Mind your own damn business. Leave that woman alone.

I’m gonna go with “mind ya business” for $500.

5 Likes

You don’t have a say in any of it. It’s not your baby and you’re not the father of the child.

It’s best to stay out of her business and mind yours. She is going to do what she wants.

If your brother feels there is a problem he will be the one who must deal with it.

1 Like

The only problem i see here is that she knowingly got a tattoo pregnant- assuming that is wasn’t a reputable tattoo studio bc licensed artists aren’t stupid enough to make a mistake like tattooing a pregnant women. But she is the mother so honestly ya gotta listen. Hopefully she realizes that dads side of the family matters too and loves baby.

1 Like

Literally every mom on earth, as far as I know, has rules about their newborn. I know I did. It’s not uncommon and it’s actually pretty responsible to be setting expectations and ground rules now so that everyone know what to expect and what is and isn’t allowed with their child.

You say your brother has no say, I can just about guarantee, you’re wrong. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Sorry but it’s HER baby not yours. You have no say at all. You cannot judge her mothering skills as the baby is not here yet. Leave her be and step back. Not your baby not your circus.

4 Likes

Tattoo can get infected at anytime
They recommend not getting them in pregnancy for that reason however this was a risk to her own health not her babies. So wanting to PROTECT this child over a tattoo is very petty. You know they also recommend not colouring your hair during pregnancy due to increased risk of allergic reaction should mothers be put on the SS Protection list for doing it anyway. As for her as you call rules this is her child and she has every right to say when people can and can’t see them. Think you must have too much time on your hands and you need to grow up

2 Likes

100% of Dentists thinks it’s a good idea that you mind your own business. The only thing that you said that made any sense was this is HER child. Check yourself.

8 Likes

It’s none of your business its their baby

Be careful meddling. That’s how you lose people forever.

1 Like

Also, those saying to call CPS are ridiculous, when they are already overloaded with actual abuse and neglect cases. While it may not be recommended, pregnant women do get tattoos…it isn’t illegal. Obviously, the hospital, who are mandated reporters would have reported her, when she went in, for the infection, if this was actual abuse, or neglect…

5 Likes

Didn’t we all come up with rules when baby arrives ?? Especially with all this illness around??

2 Likes

there is nothing u can do buit stay out of it

1 Like

Sorry but it is HER baby, nothing you can do but mind your business and learn to like her because she’s a part of the fam now (if you want to remain in your brother and the baby’s lives).

3 Likes

All the stuff going on right now about who has control over womens bodies and reproductive choices and your trying to seize control of this situation from her? whoa

5 Likes

It is her baby and she can say and do what she wants. She is the mother and she is allowed to set whatever rules she wants too. And u have ABSOLUTELY no say so in it so u need to back off

1 Like

She made a poor decision but remember it is their baby. If he wants to fight her on the rules he can but that isnt your place

1 Like

nothing at all unless it’s about something illegal !!.then you can call cps and report if you really wanto. I feell like your going to be that type of person anyway. but if you really wanto be in the kids life then suck it up and listen to her rules. every new mom has rules

Final answer. … you cant.

1 Like

as someone who was like this during pregnancy, you have no right to shame her for certain choices/decisions she wants respected for her child. sounds to me like you’re looking for any reason possible to make her out to be a bad person.

6 Likes

You all sound unstable

3 Likes

Her BABY , HER RULES!!!

2 Likes

Girl… leave her baby alone!:rofl:

2 Likes

I think this is none of your business lol.

I feel like there is more to this … you sound a little jealous of the girl your brother is with ! And dear lord if you’re upset about the rules she has for seeing her child you should see mine , and while I think that tattoo thing is a little much , you sound just as dramatic

1 Like

I mean, it is HER baby, not yours. Maybe one day when you have kids you’ll understand. This sounds like someone who does care about their child, and doesn’t plan to just pass them around willy nilly and leave them with people so they can go back to the way their life was before kids. Stay out of it. It’s truly none of your business.

3 Likes

You don’t have a say in her baby. It’s her baby. Weird af

3 Likes

You can mind your own business, that’s a start

8 Likes

Unfortunately if you cause issues it will be you that gets pushed out. My advice if you are concerned about the baby stay as close as possible without intervening unless for safety reasons. Invite her over be friendly etc etc

3 Likes

You can’t. Mind your business.

3 Likes

It’s her child. Not yours. Period.

3 Likes

I had the same problem with inlaws interfaring in our life just like you are interfaring in thiers . Be carefull because your brother will end up disowning you … I’m speaking from experience :relieved:

1 Like

Not your business…wait until they break up…and THEY WILL…your brother isn’t stupid…just quiet…

2 Likes

You’re not the mother.

2 Likes

Nothing you can do. That’s their child

1 Like

She is setting boundaries down :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Just love them and pray for them.

1 Like

She behaves like that because she knows the kind of people she’s dealing with,you have no right,stay away

3 Likes

What kind of rules we talking here?

It’s her body, her baby
Your brothers too, but he’s happy and still with her so you’ll have to suck it up. Tbh you sound jealous if I’m honest and I have no idea why

Mind ur business… that’s what u can do… it is HER baby

4 Likes

Unfortunately there nothing much you can other the keep calling the authorities while your concern or notice thing concerning once the baby is born. it’s up to your brother to fight for custody and have her declared unsuitable but it’s a long road for the both of you’s. You have my sympathy but you never know she might do a 180 ‘ and make better decisions and be more responsible

I think I see why she is trying to set boundaries before she even has the baby… personally I’d never let you with 100 yards of me and mine…

9 Likes

I have a rule for my problematic toxic dysfunctional family in law and that rule is to MIND THEIR BUSINESS since I mind mine very well! My life isn’t for nobody to discuss, I’m not in this world to please anyone, people don’t need to like me or love me just respect me and keep your self on your corner and taking care of your life not mine.

I also have the same rule for my family but Im so blessed with a family that knows to mind their business and they hate drama and toxic dysfunctional people just like I do.

4 Likes

He didnt say anything bc he agrees. That means mind your business and stay in your aunty lane

9 Likes

You should kind your own business

2 Likes

It’s kind of weird you’re all in your brothers love life. Gross.

1 Like

There’s nothing you can do but be present in their lives. Your brother got married and has a kid on the way…he made a choice and he has to determine what is and isn’t ok in his relationship. Be there for him, but don’t disrespect his wife or him. Women act crazy while they’re pregnant and after…sometimes they really can’t help it. Try to get to know her and be a positive influence in her life. If you already have it set in your mind that you can’t stand her, and haven’t given her a chance, I’m sorry, but that’s on you

1 Like

Yah the point is it’s her child… not yours. If your brother has issues with his child he needs to speak to the mother.

Not your baby not your say.

6 Likes

Your brother chose her, they chose to have a family. You are worried about a tattoo infection…your interference in their business is the “infection” you should worry about. If you think you are “helping”…this will be the beginning of a lifelong division.

4 Likes

This is HER child 🤷🤷 u mind ur business bc u dont have a say… If ur brother sees an issue, thats up to him to discuss with her, not u. Back off

5 Likes

Lmao stop, just stop. She could have cut herself cutting celery and gotten an infection that landed her in the hospital. You’re funny af though I’ll give you that.

1 Like

Nothing u can do but mind your business. She has the right to decided who can be around the baby or not. And if your all up in her business and being a jerk then u will not be allowed and that just something u have to live with.

2 Likes

Lol it’s like I told my Mr when I had our son…MY baby,MY choice🤷.
His family isn’t allowed to have our son alone, for valid reasons(that I’m sure they wouldn’t agree with lol)…my husband honored my feelings…even if he trusts them 100%.
Cuz he knows…I ain’t leaving my baby unless I’m comfy🤷.
My son is 9 now…and has never been to the in laws without us…
Cuz news flash…the one that gives birth is the one in charge😉lol
Faster you learn that, the better…
Unless you never want to see the baby🤷lol

24 Likes

Talk to your brother. Get on tye same page with him before doing or saying anything!

Offer advice, a listening ear, and knowledge.

Put a bug in his ear so he can do right by his child

1 Like

Very easy !!! Ming your damn business

Not your baby mind your business. She’s the mother she has the right to take all rights of your seeing baby

5 Likes

Sounds like YOU want to be married to her.

1 Like

It’s not your right, not your fight, it’s your brothers. Until he says “Hey Karen I really need your help, she’s a terrible mother” you really can’t put your nose in his business. Not trying to be mean but it’s not your baby it’s their baby and until your brother tells you or you see with your own two eyes her mistreating this baby it’s really not your place to say or do anything. :heart:

2 Likes

Unless that baby gets abused/mistreated she can do whatever she wants and you have 0 say. It’s her baby and even if you think your brother will be a better parents means nothing. If they aren’t going to stay together then he can fight for custody, but most likely will lose. Also, getting a tattoo while pregnant is not the wisest because of infection (which did happen but it’s usually slim chance) it’s her choice to do so. It doesn’t hurt baby and she got the infection cared for. Mind your business and let the mom take care of her baby as she pleases.

Not your baby not for you to say. Just like it’s not your relationship either. Leave your brother alone an his girlfriend. Getting a tattoo isn’t harming the baby so you can just drop that now. Her nit taking care of said tattoo an ending up in the hospital was her irresponsible choice still not your problem. How about documenting things that she is doing that actually harms the baby. Like drinking alcohol while pregnant, doing drugs of the illegal kind or even abusing prescription meds she’s been prescribed, driving recklessly. An if she’s not doing anything like that leave her alone until she has the baby and if she isn’t feeding it or caring for it like keeping the baby clean , changing diapers, or if she’s abusing the baby. Until she does something that actually is harming the baby while in utero or after birth mind your own business. But your family not your place not your business. I mean I almost was concerned till the only thing you said she’s done was gotten a tattoo an made rules then I knew that you were just feeling entitled an selfish bc you just don’t like the girl. An to me that’s nit a good enough excuse to try an ruin someone else’s life or family. You have lots of growing up to do still so maybe focus on yourself instead.

2 Likes

You could have your own baby since you clearly need something to control, your own baby would be your own business. The tattoo was a dumb idea but if you were worrying about how you could better your own life, you wouldn’t be so concerned with hers.

7 Likes

It’s your brothers life,
none of your business.
Stop trying to stir up trouble.

1 Like

Wtf?? Lol. It’s her child!!?? Not yours?? Your acting like you have control over her child she is carrying!!??? Get a damn life bruh. And I don’t agree with the tattoo while pregnant definitely not okay but stop acting like you have a say so when it comes to her baby

Chances are she’s not the only one who made the rules for their child. My husbands family is upset cause of the boundaries I’ve put in place and that I won’t allow them to cross those boundaries anymore and neither will my husband so they won’t be around my children :woman_shrugging:t2:

You can mind your freaking business!! This is so disgustingly weird🤔 Ewww🤢

6 Likes

Get a hold of yourself. You sound controlling.

2 Likes

It’s your brothers baby not yours🤷🏽‍♀️

Try to strengthen your relationship with the mama maybe?

3 Likes

You can mind your own business for 1.

3 Likes

Not your baby not your business.

1 Like

You can’t do anything… it’s not YOUR baby… it is HER baby… the kid isn’t even born yet and you’re already all over this… you’re annoying.

10 Likes

Unless she is a bad mother, abusive, addiction etc she has EVERY RIGHT to set boundaries for her child. It’s HERS not yours. Doesn’t sound like your brother has an issue it’s YOU

1 Like

Just pray for the baby and that she grows tf up. Other than that you can’t do anything unless she is abusing or neglecting the baby. I’m sorry you’re stressing over this. I’ve been there…

Wow, what happened to minding your own business?! Not your baby. Not your problem!

You need to mind your business and let your brother live his life. You aren’t the mother. She is 100% allowed to make rules for her child. Whether you like it or not.

1 Like

How about u mind your own business. That baby ain’t yours

1 Like

Imma be honest here… First get off your high horse… This IS her baby NOT yours… With so many life problems out there it sounds like she is protecting her child… this whole thing is not up to you let your brother live his life dang! I hate my sister in law but quess what? I don’t have to live with her my brother does lol… I am just here for him and his kids when I’m needed like family should be

You can give her a chance to be a mother :woman_shrugging:t3: should of she of gotten a tattoo whilst pregnant? No. A tattoo artist also shouldn’t of done it. You’ve said you don’t like her and if that’s the case then why would she want you around her baby? I’m pregnant and already have 2 children and I wouldn’t want someone around my child that doesn’t like me either, that doesn’t make me a bad mother! It’s important to have rules and boundaries in place, I also do this and this is for the protection of my unborn child! I think it’s really sad that she hasn’t even had the baby yet and your labelling her a bad mother. Personally if I was in your shoes, I would be spending this time trying to build bridges and offering her help and support whilst abiding by her boundaries :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

I got rules for how my family can and will see and be around my baby too. It’s her child, she’s got that right.
When the baby is born and you suspect actual danger, abuse, or neglect then you can get involved.

5 Likes

Tell your brother to grow up and learn to protect the baby himself

6 Likes

not your pigs not your farm

2 Likes

Get a life and quickly. Her getting a tattoo is not a reflection of character. Your brother is capable of speaking up for himself. He laying dick. He can speak up. You’re doing too much. She not wrong for how she feels she literally building the baby from her own essence while you sit and judge sounding like a hater.

I mean pregnant women shouldn’t get tattoos but other than that, I don’t see a problem.

You will do nothing unless you have absolute proof there’s a reason to call CPS. And I don’t mean for parenting the way you choose not to. I mean clear and actual neglect/abuse. Your brother is a big boy who got someone pregnant so I think if he intends to parent this child he can fight for his own rights. And if he does not want to pursue his rights/until he is recognized as the other parent then you will follow her rules for her child. He doesn’t have a legal say until then. Stop controlling your brothers life and doing his work for him by the way. He’ll never grow up if you do the hard things for him.

1 Like

It’s not any of your business.

2 Likes

You do nothing. Put yourself in hee shoes. Wouldn’t you be pissed if someone tried to step in? Treat people how you want to be treated

You sound like one of “those” with your statements. Stay in your lane. That’s the mama no matter what. You have zero say in anything and there’s nothing you can do. His baby or not, that’s HER baby. Back off, the way it sounds, she’s got reasons to make rules with family like this chiming in. Ever ask yourself if your part of the issues? Your better off to get along with her or you’ll never see that baby.

6 Likes

How about he supportive if you want to be positively involved

1 Like

None of your business!!!

5 Likes

It’s really not your business. He’s a grown man and that was his choice to get her pregnant. It’s his choice how he let’s her treat him.

5 Likes

You can’t do anything unfortunately.

it isnt illegal to be tattooed while pregnant, in fact many shops have a policy that you can until your 4 months. its deemed safer than eating sushi while pregnant and even with that said, there isn’t much evidence in regards to it being dangerous. the reason it is cautioned against is due to the possibility of contracting hepatitis with dirty reused needles. this scenario could apply to any person if their tattoo artist reused needles from a person whose blood is contaminated.
my statement above has nothing to do with whether or not You or I or Anyone would consider being tattooed or not while pregnant, well because that isn’t anyones business.
if she’s established boundaries, than there’s likely a reason behind that. that is her body and her child. your brother is the only party involved that would be in a position to voice his opinions. if he’s ok with her and her boundaries, then there’s a high probability that they’re both equally concerned and put up those boundaries together.
there’s definately more to the story here, if you had more concerns to express defending your concern, I believe it would have been mentioned in this post.
if he isn’t in agreement with those boundaries, than its his responsibilty to address those concerns in the appropriate time and manner.

2 Likes

Blimey she hasn’t had her baby yet at least give her chance to become a mum 1st without you picking on her .she mite be fantastic mum .maybe she’s got rules because it’s sounds like your already trying to take over .let your brother make his own mind up

5 Likes

Mind your business. If she start abusing or starving the child than that is a different story

2 Likes