How can I protect my brothers baby?

Go away. That’ll help everyone a lot.

14 Likes

It’s not your business unfortunately

1 Like

Just be there for your brother. You don’t have to like his baby mama. Your only responsibility, if you want it, is to just be there for your brother when he needs you. Let him figure himself out and let this woman do what she’s gonna do with HER baby. Focus on YOUR LIFE and leave these people to there’s.

4 Likes

It’s your brother’s job to protect his baby. Not yours. While it may be hard to stand by and watch it happen, he needs to learn to stand up for himself. He will either let this continue and build resentment til he leaves her, or he agrees with her and it continues. If you’re worried about it, have a conversation with him. Then have one with her, but be respectful. Telling someone what they can and can’t do is the best way to get them to cut you out of their lives forever. You cant control his life anymore. The sooner you accept that, the better.

1 Like

I have a few concerns… one a reputable artist wouldn’t of tattooed her knowing she’s pregnant, stress on the body( I.e pain tolerance) and possible infection (caused by a slightly weakened immunity which isn’t the case in most prego women, the baby actually boost immunity) literally only 2 reasons , but that being said she shouldn’t of gotten an infection if she did go to a reputable place… two it’s her body and her baby… all he did was shoot some sperm up her coot, and your attitude towards her isn’t gonna help your case…. But also we don’t have all the details and this is one sided… but you sound hostile :woman_shrugging:t3:

Your over stepping. Your brother needs to step up and fight for his rights to the baby you can’t do a damn thing I’m afraid.

:sweat_smile: you sound like my sister in law…
He and I have been married for 18 years together for 20. His sister in law hasn’t been welcome in our lives for the last 15 of those years.

10 Likes

She didn’t do anything wrong sounds like you just want her baby so you don’t have restrictions

3 Likes

You need to let your brother handle it. You getting involved will only make things worse. There isn’t anything you can do except cause more drama.

3 Likes

Nothing…… this is between your brother and the baby’s mother…. Butt out !

You seem to forget that that is her baby and not yours. Keep it up she may cut you out completely :woman_shrugging:t2: I’d cüt you off permanently already for the “do much better” remark

11 Likes

You can start by knowing your place and staying there. LOL

14 Likes

Mind your business. It is HER baby and HER rules. Get over yourself. Obviously you’re a problem if there needs to be clear rules in place as to what you shouldn’t do with someone else’s kid.

6 Likes

Your brother grows a pair and deals with his own actions

3 Likes

It is HER baby. HIS too but its really not your call how they raise THEIR baby whether you agree or not. You wouldn’t want someone telling YOU how or what to do with your own child. Not your call, not your choice and really not your business.

7 Likes

You can start by minding your own business :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Well I had to have measles, mumps and rubella 3-in 1 shot to be “allowed” to meet my youngest granddaughter nearly 4 years ago thankfully not too expensive and wasn’t required by daughter in law for me and my dad to have Covid 19 injections (which we did have anyway). Also she wouldn’t let anyone mind the baby/ toddler on their own, even my eldest son (her Dad) for the longest time. She’s a bit more chill these days. Being a first time mum to be is really difficult and stressful to get everything “just right”.

1 Like

She has the right to set rules she’s the mother. That’s her child not yours, and you need to understand that. Maybe this is why y’all don’t get along. Mind your business

1 Like

You dont get to blame her to reacting to how you’re prolly treating her
Grow up, if you think he hasnt known her long enough what can you poss know about her for her to have earned such hatred
This will be the mother of you nephew or niece you need to put the work In to gain a place in that child’s life

3 Likes

Unfortunately it’s NYOB

2 Likes

You aren’t entitled to that baby because you’re related :joy:

8 Likes

The child is not even born yet…mind your business dang…what they do in thier lives is thier business…your approval is NOT needed…sorry hun…hes a grown man…he will handle his family and your intrusion will only make the family gatherings and holidays very awkward…if your bored, find something positive to do with your time…

4 Likes

You can start by staying in your lane. You have a problem with it because you already don’t like her. I’m telling you right now, if that were me you were talking about you wouldn’t come anywhere near my kid with an attitude like that. If you want a say in how to raise a child go have your own. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

It is HER baby and what she says goes. She is protecting the baby by putting those restrictions in place. You may not think she is but she is. I think the best advice is to worry about your children and not worry about hers unless she is putting the baby in harms way. There is no scientific evidence that a tattoo can affect the baby in any way.

5 Likes

Stay in your lane. That’s what you can do. With your attitude you would never even meet the baby if you were my SIL. So if you want a relationship with this baby and your brother, keep your mouth shut and mind your own business

10 Likes

Her baby, her rules :woman_shrugging:t2:. It’s his choice if he speaks up to her or not. Just mind your own business.

8 Likes

Stay out of it. He has to realize this on this own.

1 Like

Have your brother get a lawyer

Learn to like her as best you can. She may be a part of the family for a long time. You don’t have to be nasty.

2 Likes

One the tattoo artist is at fault if he knew she was pregnant and tattooed her 2 there is really nothing you can do you are just the aunt to be your brother is the one who has to put his foot down he is the child’s parent too

3 Likes

Respect her rules, don’t cause unnecessary drama, mind your business, let YOUR BROTHER (the daddy) fight his own battles, be a good aunt/sister and baby mama may let you be around HER child. Best of luck!

15 Likes

It’s HER baby. Leave her alone. Let her make mistakes. Motherhood is hard enough with people not respecting your boundaries as a parent. And a first time parent at that.

9 Likes

A good place to start would be stop thinking you’re entitled to another woman’s baby, regardless if you’re related to it or not. This is your brother’s child, not yours. Because she went and got a tattoo, you think she’s not going to be fit to raise HER baby?? I’ve known several women to get tattoos while pregnant, some artists will do it and some won’t. Either follow her rules or you don’t see the baby… it’s that simple :woman_shrugging:t2:

12 Likes

Stay in your lane!!! It’s HER baby, u have a problem with it because you already don’t like her.

3 Likes

Just because she has or will have rules when or after she deliveries, that is her choice, not yours. Just because she got a tat while pregnant , that is on her, These do NOT make a woman a bad mother, If there is a problem then, wherever you live, you can always call child services up & report it, But please remember make sure your complaints are valid & not because you don’t like her

2 Likes

Professional Tattoo artist know they can’t Tattoo a pregnant woman for this very reason. She can get an infection go to her bloodstream and cause harm her her and her unborn child.

1 Like

I think this is none of your business. Her getting a tattoo does not equate to her being a bad Mom, actually I am surprised anyone would tattoo her while pregnant because most tattoo artists wont do it. And the rules she is setting for HER child are reasonable, whatever they are. Babies have fragile immune systems when they are born and dont even mention, if heaven forbid, she has a preemie, that makes chances of getting sick way higher. And baby could possibly pass away. Yes, it dont happen all the time, but why take that risk? To me she sounds like she is just being a protective mama bear, which in hence, she is already being a good mom. Respect her wishes, or you could push her away and then she takes HER baby and you wont be able to see your niece or nephew and what if your brother distances himself from you too…then you would loose 2 people you love. Put your feelings aside, be an adult, and try and be nice, the more people that love that baby, the more that child will flourish.

2 Likes

Look into Monster in laws you are gonna need a lot of prayers. She needs to grow up fast❣️

Just remember, you love your brother, you love your brother, you love your brother!

I understand setting rules and boundaries, especially if it’s her first child. Many parents are that way. If she/they say you can only visit the baby every third Sunday, that’s that, end of.

However, I sincerely hope she grows up. If she really got a tattoo while pregnant, that’s extremely irresponsible and could put her baby at risk. Idc what anyone else says, babies cannot speak up for themselves. Sometimes, they grow up and wish they’d had someone defending them. The best thing you can do is be there for them. If you see she needs help, offer it, but don’t force yourself into any situation. If she becomes abusive or neglectful in any way, that’s when you actually have a serious problem.

1 Like

It’s her child. HER child. Mind ya business :clap:

4 Likes

There’s more to this story. You sound overbearing.

7 Likes

Mind your own business. It is her baby. Respect her rules. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

First of all mind your business. You’re not your brothers controller. If he loves her and is happy then what YOU think of her is irrelevant.

It’s also HER/THEIR baby you don’t get to have a say so. If they choose to let you be around then it’s by their rules. Not yours.

1 Like

I think you need to butt the fuck out…

You literally can’t do anything.

1 Like

Sounds like your brother’s problem not yours

6 Likes

Honestly if you are all up
In her face about everything you will probably never see the baby or your brother. Your best bet is to be a doting aunt and offer to babysit so you will have the baby as often as you can.

3 Likes

Not your job.
You almost sound like my ex’s sister, thinking you have rights.

12 Likes

Be there for your brother, I suppose. Legally, you have no right to this child. It’s their baby. It isnt yours. You’ve got to respect them as parents because they do get to say what you can do with the baby and when you can see it.

We’re just getting part of the story and you sound like you just expected to be able to do whatever you want because you’re the aunt. It doesn’t work like that.

6 Likes

Get a life stay in your lane

3 Likes

Just let ur bother and her make it try to get along with her u might learn to like her

1 Like

The tattoo was out of line. Everything else sound like you just don’t like her, and are being unnecessarily rude. Mind your business.

Back off. It’s not your baby…

8 Likes

I feel you are completely overstepping your boundaries. That is her child not yours. Doesn’t matter that you’re Aunt. If your brother has a problem with her then that is for him and him alone to handle.

13 Likes

Sounds like your brother needs to do the stepping up, not you.

4 Likes

You can mind your business lol

7 Likes

I’m sorry, but if my ex’s sisters told me what to do with MY daughter, I’d flip. It’s not your baby, not your business. Let her do what she feels is best. She’s the mother, not you.

17 Likes

I have this gut feeling that you’re a total nightmare :joy: but I dunno because the tattoo thing is bizarre and irresponsible. Maybe you’re both as bad as eachother. You don’t sound like the type of overbearing SIL I’d want though. You don’t really have any rights, your brother does and I’m sure he’ll be a good father and make sensible choices with his partner as the parents, aside from known abuse you need to know your place and respect boundaries and not intervene.

7 Likes

I am sorry but I do agree with a lot of the women that are telling you it’s really not your business there’s nothing you can do because right now she is not harming the unborn child child we you don’t know if this woman is gonna be good or eat good or not but that’s the thing you don’t know so there’s really nothing you can do you need your brother and his girlfriend you just need to let it be and anytime something wrong happens that you think isn’t right you write it down you write down everything that you feel that she’s doing wrong with the baby and then you take it too Uhm child family services

2 Likes

You sound like a my husband’s family. Just stay out of it. :woman_shrugging:t3: If he is content and happy with what the mother has said… Then you have no right to say anything.

9 Likes

Unless she’s physically abusing the child, stay in your lane… overstepping boundaries could make things worse on your brother’s part.

4 Likes

You can’t.
Furthermore if you want to be in he baby life at all you needto play nicely.

4 Likes

i see a restraining order against you in the near future.

23 Likes

It’s her baby. Unless she is using drugs and hurting the baby, you should butt out. Trust me, if you don’t, you’ll never see the baby when it’s here if you have that many issues with her.

You have no legal standing in this. Your brother was old enough to make a baby, now he’s old enough to handle HIS woman. It’s not your business. Also, if you have a problem with her, tell her to her face. Not hide on FB. When I had a problem with my SIL, I called her out on her bs, to her face. And now we’re friends & I couldn’t love her more.

5 Likes

Ummmm what? Her tattoo getting infected isn’t her fault lol. And mind your business honestly. There’s nothing you can do. It’s not your child or your relationship and honestl from this post alone I feel bad for her bc I already know what type you are :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I like how you emphasized the word HER in HER child.

4 Likes

Getting a tattoo while pregnant is 100% ignorant. And your brother obviously has no say and shes reckless. He should do the reporting of stuff not you.

5 Likes

Pray first seriously then make plan

she’s carrying the baby what she says goes and her getting a tattoo and then not taking care of it while pregnant is negligent on her part but she is the baby’s mother and until he does something about it there’s nothing y’all can do

6 Likes

His Relationship is None of Your Business

4 Likes

A lot of :pray:t3:
Very tough situation when you feel one way (even if justified)
Genuinely Be the BEST Aunt you can be :heartbeat:

1 Like

It’s not your place, not your baby, or your life. Do not intervene in your brothers relationship or you’ll end up losing a brother and nephew.
You can always give helpful advice or opinions just don’t be mad when they’re not received.

7 Likes

Nope not going to fb jail today​:woman_facepalming:t6::joy:

15 Likes

I feel like the update for this is going to involve OP flipping her shit because these people had to get a restraining order

It’s nice that you love your brother and want to protect his baby. It sounds like to me though the only way your going to help is by talking to your brother and him doing whatever he needs to do. My personal opinion is step away and let your brother handle his own business.

3 Likes

Wow id get a restraining order on you. You sound nuts :flushed:. Leave your brother alone to live his life.

16 Likes

You can mind ur own business. :woman_shrugging:t2:

11 Likes

Well, it’s her kid. Not yours. Getting a tattoo while pregnant, she should be going to parenting classes bc obviously she doesn’t have a clue. But it’s up to her and your brother to figure shit out. If the baby is in their care, she can set whatever rules she wants. It’s her house and her kid. If your brother doesn’t like it, he needs to speak up. Not be told to speak up for you bc its not your business

That’s none of your business whatsoever… if the baby is born and there’s obvious negligence or abuse then you can make a report, but no. HER baby is none of your business.

11 Likes

Buy her some pregnancy & first year book and mind your business

3 Likes

Stay out of it your brother has to be a father and do what’s best for the child, all you can do is be a sister!!

Reverse the situation! How would you feel if someone was asking for advice, on social media even, about how to protect your baby from you?! I get where you’re coming from, but she is the Mom. If it were me, I’d try to help her, without interfering and be a supportive SIL to her. That way, you’re not causing any drama between her, your brother, family and yourself. No one wants any unnecessary drama. Just be a good sister, sister in law, Aunt and friend. That’s all you can really do. If you alienate her, you risk alienating your brother as well. And might be kept from being a part of the babies life. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Yes, you can get a tattoo while pregnant in your first trimester, and it shouldn’t cause any problems for you or baby ‒ as long as it’s done by a reputable tattoo parlor. This is to minimize the risk of infection or inks with potentially harmful substances, which could potentially harm you and baby.

Mind your own business it’s your brothers concern

2 Likes

Just leave the girl alone it’s her choice

2 Likes

Mind your business? I think it’s an incredible leap that you’re assuming she’s going to be a bad mom because she has set rules that you do not like and because she got a tattoo that got infected. It’s not your baby so there is nothing you can do about it. I think you’re letting the animosity you feel towards her cause you to harshly judge her competence as a mother. That’s wrong. You have no idea how she’s going to be a mother.

2 Likes

She has every right to make rules about HER baby and if YOUR brother isn’t speaking up than that’s not your concern! How dare you act entitled to that child! She shouldn’t of gotten the tattoo while pregnant and that’s on her and she’s paying the price for her actions, accept the karma she got for a poor choice and move on

6 Likes

Mind your business… costs nothing

1 Like

If I was that woman, I’d want to take out a restraining order ON YOU!
You need psychological help, and if it were me, I wouldn’t allow you near my kid till you got it.

4 Likes

You could try to stand down on your judgement of her and being nice and a friend and develop a friendship with her :woman_shrugging:t2: or keep on alienating her and your brother. Your choice

5 Likes

your brother made his choices. Presumably, he is old enough 2 be a husband & father. I’m betting he will let his bio family meet baby after it is born.

1 Like

Stay out of it. Your Brother is a Man Let him handle it. But just play nice or you will never see that baby.

1 Like

Have a baby shower for her and be nice

3 Likes

Well, she is right. It is HER child. I have rules for my children. Most mothers do.

4 Likes

Honestly, you aren’t a parent of the baby so nothing you can do. Especially in the womb you can do absolutely nothing. Also you hating her and prying into her and your brother’s business of the baby will only end up with you getting more rules or even cut from baby completely. The baby is still in her womb and you are already trying to find a way to take it from her because you claim to care but it seems it may simply be out of spite as you don’t like her. Like her or not your brother chose to get her pregnant. If she went to hospital due to the tattoo and there is an issue found with that child protective services will show up when she gives birth to further investigate. You are going to be a reason that your family won’t get to see the baby if you keep acting like that to be honest. Then she won’t let them see baby with you around especially with you knowing she is pregnant, was just in hospital with issues now trying to find a way to take baby and you know you don’t get along. That is more and more stress on baby. YOU adding stress will only hurt baby further.

1 Like

It’s HER child not yours. What she does as a parent to be and when she gives birth and afterwards is none of your business unless the baby is neglected or abused. If your brother wants to be a dad he can be there for the child even if he has to request for visitation. You can see the baby when your brother has the baby. But for now just mind your business.

2 Likes

YOU can’t do anything. You’re bother on the other hand can. He can take her to court once the baby is born and some kind of custody agreement put into place

6 Likes

Help your brother get custody! Have him start documenting EVERYTHING!!!

5 Likes