How can I support my pregnant 14 year old?

My daughter is pregnant… She’s 14. I just needed advice on what other moms would do… I’m not happy about it but what can I do?

422 Likes

My friend got pregnant at 15 …i got pregnant at 16 had him at 17…14 is very young but doesn’t mean she cant be q good parent in the end…id just support her and the baby as much as you can

11 Likes

As a teen mom myself the best advice I can give is to support her emotionally. Don’t always bring up how wrong it is ect because I’m sure she knows. Just be there for her every step of the way.

25 Likes

I’m assuming she’s keeping it? Get her to work on her GED right away

6 Likes

Obviously the situation is not ideal. But just offer support and be there for her. It brings alot of stress and pain to be alone in that situation. You love her through everything

2 Likes

thats so sad but it happens guess u need to get her to talk to some 1 about her options etc

2 Likes

Just be there for her, support her, answer any questions she asks, just let her know u will be there for her regardless

Support whatever choice she makes and help her to get where she needs to be in life.

2 Likes

Support her in all her options. Sit down and have an adult conversation and whatever her choose is make a game plan. What is she going to do about school and work etc

3 Likes

Give her options and help her to choose wisely…

2 Likes

Support her. Do try to convince her what you think is best. She will have to live with the decisions she’s about to make. Not you.

9 Likes

Just show her support. Let her know you will be there for her. She does NOT have to get a GED, she can definitely go for a high-school diploma, with he proper guidance and support.

1 Like

Talk to her about her options, without any bias or anger. Just lay them out. Educate her. Let her decide.

Also, get her into counseling. Whatever she decides to do, she will need it.

10 Likes

Let her know you are there. You may not be happy about it, and that’s ok, but make sure she knows you are still her mom and she can still come to you. Being pregnant and becoming someone’s mom does not change that you are your mother’s daughter.

3 Likes

Explain options. Classes. Let her choose if keeps, but make understand she gets up with feedings, changes diuapers. Yes u cxan help but make her too. My friend good prey 14.5 mom did out all for her and shge had another one at 16, 17 (twinbs), 19 an never cared four them…she didn’t learn responsibilities… Now she 27 with 2 more kids. The dads have them an her mom plays mom to them

1 Like

what’s done is done, support her to make good Choices now and shove a rod in her arm 3 seconds after the baby is out

2 Likes

Take her in for an abortion consultation, an adoption agency and then have her watch the videos of vaginal and cesarean births. Talk about all the results and lasting impression these choices can have on her, go with whatever path seems the best and get her on some birth control immediately after.

26 Likes

Lots of love and support

3 Likes

I got pregnant at 14 and had my son at 15! Be supportive! My mom was so understanding given the circumstances and helped me and was there for me! She was my biggest blessing and supporter! Be the mom you want her to be! Yes she is young but you supporting her is going to be the best thing for her!

21 Likes

Help her educate on all her options …

4 Likes

The best advice just be there for her …take her doctors ,be there through the pregancy and just be there ,she needs you more now than ever before ,it will be okay ,things could be a lot worse …

2 Likes

I’m a postpartum nurse believe it or not often the 14-18 year olds often actually do better than the 35-40 year olds. Just give her support.
Communication is key in finding out what she needs and also you educating her. Shaming her won’t help as the situation is already in place.

157 Likes

Don’t turn your back on her or criticize all the time. If she wants to keep and raise the baby support her and show her what she needs to know. If SHE’S not ready to be a mother talk to her about adoption.

6 Likes

Give her ALL her options. Even if you don’t agree with abortion it is her choice. Assure her that if she decides to go through with it she’ll have your support. Let her know that she can still get her diploma and go to college in

8 Likes

Love on her! Consider adoption if you and her aren’t ready for this. Lots of families would love to have a baby. You’ll get through this…I will be praying for you​:heart::heart:

1 Like

Prepare for a newborn

1 Like

Be there unconditionally after she has the baby put her on birth control and to stay in school and go to college as a parent your there to give support unconditionally even if its in situations you don’t approve but you can’t turn your back on your kids because if you do then what you expect someone to do more then you ???

1 Like

One of my mom’s friends daughter got pregnant at 15
She graduated high school at 17 and went to nursing school. She’s 23 I believe now, has her own house and owns her car. Being a teen mom didn’t stop her

15 Likes

My mother was 14 when she got pregnant, 15 when she had me and gave me up for adoption. She often says her mother’s kindness would have meant the world to her.

1 Like

Be supportive. As big as this is for you, it’s even bigger for her. I was 17 with my first. Not as young but had my fair share of negative comments and unhelpful attitudes.

4 Likes

Its already done… best thing you can do is support her but not enable her … make her responsible for whats to come prepare her for responsibility…

5 Likes

Just be there. I got pregnant when I was 18 ( I realize she’s 14 ) but I had no one I could talk to for advice & I think that was one of the biggest stress moments during all of my pregnancy. Good luck to you, your daughter & grandson/daughter

1 Like

Love her. Support her through it all. No, it’s not a situation a mother of a teen would want to go through. I completely understand that and definitely understand the frustration you must be feeling. But also take a step back and think about how your daughter is feeling about it. She may be scared. The situation probably isn’t what she was exactly wanting either. I’m sorry you both are going through this, it can be frightening to adapt to the new life. But just think, you all get to go through it together. You get to determine your mindset through it. You will also get to guide her through such a crazy time. Babies are blessings. Praying for you.

Support her. Let her know u will be by her side even tho u dont agree to whats goin on but every girl needs her momma :heart:

Talk to her, be supportive. I was young mom & my mom wasn’t supportive until way further in my pregnancy which really stunk. Maybe talk to her about adoption also. Lots of people can’t have babies. Or just explain to her that she’ll have a lot of responsibilities for someone her age. She can’t go out to the movies whenever her friends go that sort of thing try to get her to understand.

2 Likes

I dont think I could handle it. Coming from a mom of a 16 year old.

2 Likes

support her how u would want t be supported if u where in her position. congrats good luck n blessed be hun just put your in her shoes n u can always ask what u can do for her aswell

1 Like

Teenage mom here…support system is the most important. Congratulations too by the way. It is a blessing even though it may not seem like it now.

3 Likes

Be supportive…make sure she knows her goals can still be reached n you will help her

1 Like

I found out I was pregnant at 16, my mother showered me with nothing but love and support, my son and her have such an unbreakable bond, communication is key

3 Likes

If she is keeping the baby than be there for her, thats it, she is gonna need help only momma can provide, if she isn’t then be there for her.

3 Likes

Okay I was 15 when I got pregnant , my son was born 5 days before I turned 16. From the perspective I was terrified to tell my mom bc I was always told if I got pregnant young I’d have to get an abortion, but in the end my mom was pretty much like we gotta deal with it and she supported me in the decision I made. She helped me, but never raised my child for me. She allowed me to be his mother. But with her help I was able to finish high school and get a degree and a good job. I just feel like you should let her know she has options and it’s her choice bc ultimately she will sacrifice a lot but also with the right help and support she can benefit also. My mom allowed me to some times go hang with friends and I was able
To do high school prom etc. just love her and support ANY decision she makes!

6 Likes

Be their for her but make sure she understands the responsibility she’s about to take on, put your foot down that you will not be parenting for her its a life changing decision that she has to step to, just be her mum try help her in the right direction get her reading or watching videos about things she’ll need to know good luck x

2 Likes

Adoption shoukd bee presented, but at 14 beings she is a child, hopefully you have to mindset to get her to understand adoption is the best option at 14

10 Likes

Just support her and be there for her. She needs you more then ever right now.

4 Likes

Been there and all you can do is show her love and support :heart:

1 Like

I was a 16 year old mom. It was tough, but my mom walked me through all the ins and outs of what to expect, helped me find resources, and places that donate to help pregnant teens.

Still be her mom. Love her unconditionally through it. If possible let her finish school then make her get a job and decide on college once she finishes high school. Help her help herself. Remind her and yourself she is a baby but this is her baby to raise. The two of you will undoubtedly be the best of friends one day when it is all said and done when she is older. I had my daughter at 15. Pregnant at 14. My mom was distraught by it and I felt enough shame by it from everyone. She just needs your love and support. My daughter is now almost 9 and we wouldn’t trade her for the world.

3 Likes

I got pregnant at 16, my parents weren’t happy but they were supportive, that’s all you can really give her is support. Encourage her to stay in school and get her education because it is possible!! You’re going to watch your daughter grow up before your guys faster than you could ever imagine, be there for her

Be there for her. What else would you do. She got pregnant under your watch if not sorry. But she needs support regardless

1 Like

I had my daughter when I was 14. I didnt have any problem being a parent, just needed support for school. Make sure you sot with her school counselor and figure out what options she has. Some of these comments are disgusting and hurtful to any teen mom.

12 Likes

Support, but don’t enable … make her have the responsibility but also back her… and pleaseeee don’t let her drop out! She can do it and I know plenty who have graduated and went on to college and are amazing mothers …

Be supportive and not angry

Support her the best you can and remind her that you love her despite her actions. If it was my daughter, I’d have her learning how to support her baby. Finding some sort of work, learning how to change diapers, etc. Oh I’d find her a good support group, too!
Also, this is very important, remind her that her life isn’t going to end just because she’s having a baby! Encourage her to not let that stop her from following her dreams! Going to college, getting the job of her dreams, etc! Don’t let it stop her from reaching her goals!! Support her the best you can so she can give her child the best life possible!! So many people are quick to say things like “have an abortion or else your life will end!” And stuff like that. Remind her that she can do whatever she puts her mind to and she can be successful even with a baby!

1 Like

theres nothing you can do except support her now through this. sorry this has happened.

I was pregnant at 14. Just let her know you are there for her that everything she is and will going to go though is normal and that you love her. Its going to be really hard on her especially at school.

Do some research on the options.

1. Abortion
  2. Adoption
  3. Keeping & raising the baby.
    Have her research them as well.
    Both of you could write down any questions/concerns/highlights of your findings.
    Have a meeting of the minds & talk openly & without judgment.
    Give her a couple of days to think about it, pray about it, ask questions & do more research. See if you can find some support groups on Facebook that are tailored to y’all’s specific situation & let her draw some inspiration for that. Is the father of the baby in the picture? Do y’all know how far along she is? Has she been to the doctor yet? Are you willing to raise the baby?
4 Likes

I was 16 when I got pregnant with my son. My parents were upset. Rightfully so. But they were there for me. They listened, gave advice and let me make the choices for my son and me. My mom went to my appts with me and prepared me for motherhood. My parents were in the room when my son was born. They helped me learn how to be a mom and were his second and third parent on top of being grandparents. It’s going to be hard. There were so many arguments. But I will never be able to thank my parents enough for their support during that time for me. Good luck to your daughter and family. Congrats on the baby too. They are a true gift from God :heart:

3 Likes

Just love her and make sure she is staying healthy, dr visits, prenatal vitamins, eating healthy, no smoking or drinking.

3 Likes

There is nothing you can do but support for her through this there are many people who cannot have children maybe she would give it up for adoption

Support her, help her but make her be responsible be the grandma

I was a teen mom as well. Listen to her. Ask her if there is anything you can do to help her. Be supportive. A baby is blessing no matter life circumstances. Congratulations! Much love❤️

1 Like

All you can do is be there for her. Talk to the fathers parents.

Coming from a teen mom please be there and support her because deep down she’s probably very disappointed in herself and just slowly waiting for everybody to leave her. That’s how I was

3 Likes

You can love her as she goes down this path. Help to choose an option that is good for the baby.

I was 15 when i had my daughter. She needs you to be there and support her in whatever she choses with no judgement. Trust me shes judging herself hard enough for everyone.

1 Like

I agree with all the other ladies. Showing her support and love during this time is crucial. I became pregnant at 16 and my mother tried to force me to have an abortion. She reminded me daily that I was making a huge mistake by keeping her. I wish she would have been supportive. Even at 16 I understood the responsibility I was taking on by having a child. The day I went in to have her, my mother left me alone in the hospital and I ended up needing an emergency c-section. It was an overall terrifying experience. I would also suggest having her do some educational research on resources in your area and classes. Anything positive to help her prepare to become a mother :heart: having my daughter was the best thing that happened to me, she’ll be 11 years old next month. I am still with her father and we have 4 children now.

1 Like

Support her. Help her get through high school and then college if she wants to go. She can do this, don’t let her think she can’t. As long as she has your support, she can be an amazing mother!

I was 16 and had a great mother who wasn’t happy either… however she helped me become thr woman I needed to be for my child. I didn’t have help from the boyfriend at all… she helped me go to school and then college. I hope you can find peace in your heart and help her and your grandchild

1 Like

I was a teen mom and just be there for her. Its a long road for both Of them growing with each other. I’m in my 30s now and me and my son are so close. My mom was there for me 100% she made me into a better mom cause she was there with me teaching how she could. Getting overwhelmed is so easy for a teen mom. Shes still fight puburty and now pregnancy . it’s going to get messy. But it will get better and you will enjoy your grandbaby even more
Good luck

Love her… support her… that’s all she needs is the love & support from you … :heart:

Be supportive! Please don’t let happen what occurred in green county the other day!

You can’t do anything about it, just be there and support her, she will need you more than ever right now xxx

You can be there for her. I’m sure when you first found out you told her just how disappointed in her you were. Move on from there. She’s a baby having a baby. She prob knows she’s made the best mistake she will ever make. Now is the time for you to help guide her and be emotional support for her. She’s gonna need you now more than ever

1 Like

Be there for her, love her, and support her. If she wants to go the adoption route support her, or if you have the means maybe have her sign over rights to you until she is older. That way she can still finish school and make a good life for her and baby… Try not to bash the dad too much, if he wants to help let him but of course set big rules! Prayers to you momma, thats rough, but help her through!

Just support her. Long honest conversations, and support her choices.

1 Like

I would explain to her the options that she has and support whatever she decides to do. She’s still so young and is a kid herself and is going to need a lot of support, but at the same time explain to her that she made mature choices that got her here so it is time to be mature about the situation herself.

1 Like

I was 15. Just love and support her. Show her the way by being an example. Resist the urge to do for her. Teach her the way and let her be a responsible parent. It won’t be easy but I’m proof it can be done. Best of luck.

4 Likes

Please just support her! My mother was an absolute bitch when I was a teen mum! And I needed her the most at that point! I now don’t speak to her so please love her and tell her everything is going to be okay! Hold her hand through it all! She will figure out later on that it’s bloody hard and will forever be grateful that you loved her and made sure she was okay! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Be there for her. Whatever you do don’t abandon her. Guide her and show her how to be a woman and mother. No one expects you to be thrilled but she needs you the most right now. Whether it be parenting , abortion or adoption just love her and be there for her.

Be there for her, support her in her choices and just love her.

I got pregnant at 16 I kept the baby. I didn’t have a lot of support from my family until the baby was born. The doctors and our pregnancy center all shoved abortion and adoption in my face. It made me not enjoy it (even though I was young) I wish I would have I didn’t do a baby shower or anything and I regret that. Just support her decision and educate her on everything. Don’t make her feel bad about it. Mistakes happen for everyone. I’m sure she is freaking out too. You got this

3 Likes

Support her. She needs all the support she can get.

1 Like

As a teen mom, be there and support her but she’s gonna have to grow up quick. Don’t let her slack at being a mom, teach her, but don’t do all the work.

1 Like

I was 15 when I got pregnant. I’m successful in a career and now pregnant with my third. Please be supportive and give your child so much love. She really needs it right now, it’s hard sorting through the big feelings you deal with in pregnancy as a child. Wish you all the luck :heart::heart::heart:

I have a friend who’s a mama when we were 17, she became the best mom to her two girls regardless of everyone’s judgment. Looking at her now that we’re older, I admire her greatly TBH and I admire her mom and entire family for being there for her. As a mom now to a baby girl, I wish to be the parent who provides that kind of safety and comfort for my girl. I don’t want her to fear me. Love your daughter more and more each day and make her feel welcome and protected nonetheless, she needs you more than ever. You’d be proud of her when she grows up to be a great mom.

2 Likes

You have a talk n tell her how u feel.then you tell here you are there for her n you love her

Be supportive. Teach her how to be a mom. Let her know that no matter what, she and that baby are going to be ok. Do what you can to make sure she’s able to stay in school.

Be supportive and help her. Your baby is having a baby. Talk openly about all her options and really listen to what she wants :heart: good luck

Be there and support her at all times. Look into programs that could give her and you extra support. Where I live in Florida we programs such as NPF- a nurse will go out and help first time teen moms and Healthy Family that will give her and the baby support till the age of 5. Best of luck you both.

1 Like

Support her. Help her. Comfort her.

Support her and let her know you love her and will help her through this. I fell pregnant at 14 and if I hadn’t have had the support system I did I probably wouldn’t have her in today. She’s 8.5 now

Love her, pray for all of you. For peace, guidance, and anything you need. Be patient, be understanding, be kind. Ooo

I Got pregnant at 14 and honestly just having my mum there to support me through it all was all I needed :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: as hard as it may be, just stay as calm about the situation as you can. Hugs to you, and your daughter, I know I just about turned my mums hair grey :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I got pregnant at 17, and I was kicked out. My dad was pretty much my support system in my family. Yeah, he was upset at first, and I knew he was disappointed in me, but he supported whatever decision I made. He even offered to do a gaurdianship until I got on my feet. Maybe you could do the same. Offer a guardianship of the baby that way your daughter can finish school and focus on college to be the best mom she can be for that baby. Otherwise, discuss all options and as soon as she gives birth, she should be put on birth control immediately. Give her other options as well, because it also isn’t YOUR job to raise the baby. Open adoption is always a choice because there are alot of people who want to have children but can’t and with an open adoption, the baby would know she’s the mom and she’d get to be in the baby’s life. I’m not one to condone abortion, though, because it’s not the baby’s fault that your daughter did what she did. Just let her know there are options out there, and no matter what, no matter how disappointed you may be, you still love her and support her. Don’t tell her what You would do; just give options and support her on whatever choice she makes.

Her keeping up with her education will be very important. In my humble opinion

1 Like

Love and support her

I would sit down with her and have a discussion about her options and what each option means and then support her in whatever she chooses. It’s a very sad situation that she has to make such an adult decision being so young but unfortunately these things do happen. Just let her know that you love her and just be there for her

Be there for her and teach her to be responsible. Take her to birthing classes, parenting classes, etc so she can learn to be the adult she chose to be when she made the adult decision to have sex and get pregnant. Be patient with her because she’s still a kid herself and will need help. Also help her stay in school so she can provide a good future for her child. If she brings up the subject of adoption, be open to it and support her that way too.

2 Likes

First off Congratulations your a grandma!! Sooner than you expected but that part can’t be changed. Support her make sure she know you still love her and will have her back with anything she needs. Make sure she knows she has alot of responsibilities coming when the baby is born. I’m sure she is terrified right now sit her down and have a heart to heart with her. I am a mother to 2 girls (9 and 8 years old) and I would be upset for sure if it was one of mine but I would do exactly what I’m telling you. Sit down listen, and show her you care. Never force her to give up her child or try to talk her into abortion. That’s something she needs to bring up if its what she wants if you bring it up to her she may think thats what you want and honestly that’s your grand baby im hoping that’s not what you want??