How do I break my child from sleeping in my bed?

No help from me. Never had any of my children sleep in my bed.

1 Like

Just sleep with ur child inn another room until he or she falls asleep then gradually let him or her sleep alone

2 Likes

My daughter is 5 and in my bed, single mom here, itā€™s hard

1 Like

If they have a toddler bed put the toddler bed next to yours and have them sleep in the bed then after a night or two slowly start pulling the toddler bed out of your room and into their room slowly and have them sleep in the bed

Better to. n now cause I still get kicked out of our bed by our 8 year old!

Canā€™t help you there, never started that habit!

1 Like

We have a cali king so there is room for everyone.

Itā€™s a hard taskā€¦ My daughter is 5 still In our bedā€¦ Weā€™ve tried everything lol

My daughter just stopped im so happy she will be 1 sunday

My son is 10, and still sleeps with me in my bed :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I used to put them to sleep in their room and then leave once they were asleep.

Just enjoy it
1 day youā€™ll miss it

6 Likes

Get them their own bed. Pit them in it safely when tired. Leave them there. Lock your door or dont go soft and cave in. Done. Yes there will be tears. Yes there will be sleep deprivation. But just remember, you did this and now you suffer the undoing.

5 Likes

I hated that my daughter slept with me now I want her to come back!!:cry::cry::two_hearts::two_hearts:

Let the baby sleep with you before you know they big and out the house

Consistency n a bed time routine

Mine is 7 and still there!

Well mine finally stopped around 7 :joy::joy:

1 Like

Itā€™s now their bedā€‹:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I had to get a sleeping nanny. Because my daughter went to bed in her bed at 8 by 10 she was in my bed I ws too tired to argue as am a single mother it was hard so I did the easiest thing and let her in. But had to sort it out and the only way I did that is for a sleeping doctors advice and it worked. Hasnā€™t been in my bed for 3 years now

Should never be there in the first place :rage:

2 Likes

put then in thier bed and dont baby them when they get mad about it

Put him on his own bed!! Easy-peasyā€¦

3 Likes

My almost 5 year old, every night while i am sleeping, slips into bed with me. And i wake up every morning with her cuddles.

Poor baby just wants to sleep with you geez

White noise machine. I have one thatā€™s an owl with a night light, and itā€™ll start singing again if it hears them wake up. Good luck donā€™t let the people who canā€™t just give nice advice seriously!

:laughing::joy::rofl: my boys almost 8, still ends up in our bed about 2 times a week. And my 3 yr old sleeps all night in her bed maybe once or twice a week. Good luck!

The funny thing is I co-slept with my older boys till 4 and 5 and one day they just wanted to sleep in their own beds and be big boys havent had a problem since now I just have my irish twins in my bed lol

I started laying down with our LO in his bed (we just moved him to a queen mattress on the floor). Once he was asleep, Iā€™d head to my bed. If heā€™d wake during the night, Iā€™d lay with him until he was asleep again. Now, 6 months later, I still lay with him at the beginning of the night, but I only have to put him in his bed if he wakes up. Iā€™m hoping that by end of this year, weā€™ll be able to just put him to bed on his own. Small, baby steps!!

2 Likes

buy a fancy bed and then talk it upā€¦ohhh wow, so grown up and like a princess, so special etcā€¦worked for both my kids.

Sometimes putting their bed in your room can help.

Tough love, get a bed that they pick out or bedding that they like. And just stick with it. Donā€™t give in!!!

My 7 yo still sleeps with us too. She starts off in her own bed but by about 1ish sheā€™s found her way into ours :blush:

Good luck on that one, my 12 year old still comes and sleeps in my bed at night. She has her own room but if she has a bad dream I wake up and there she is. I really donā€™t mind and the day she stops coming in when sheā€™s scared will be a sad/happy day. It will mean she over came her fears and gained her independence, but she doesnā€™t need her Mommy anymore.

Why break the habit? If it makes him/her feel safe and they sleep well then why break itā€¦

A bed close to yours
Then move it according to reaction and time

Theyā€™re only little once stop complaining and enjoy the cuddle time

I guess thatā€™s why you only have one childšŸ¤”

My almost 6 year old bonus daughter co sleeps with her mom and bonus dad. However her dad and I do not co sleep. She would get into our bed randomly but then all of a sudden she stopped. She would stay in her bed which was in our room all night. We went from a toddler bed to a twin and the twin is in her own room and she will not sleep there unless someone sits with her until she falls asleep. She says she scared we are going to leave her. She will scream and cry making herself sick until we bring her back down stairs. However if we put her on the couch she goes right to sleep no problem. The living room is next to our room but her room is upstairs. We have no idea what to do. We have talked to her mom about possibly not co sleeping however thatā€™s not a choice right now.

My daughter slept with me until she was 3 I got her a bed, pretty bedding & it sat there. She wouldnā€™t sleep in it. Until. ā€¦ Her 1yo brother decided to sleep in it. Then she got mad he took her bed (that she wasnā€™t using) & slept in it. Have a baby with an independent streak lol

Seriously though Idk some kids are more dependent than others. She needs you. Be there for her. Love her. Sheā€™ll be grown before you know it.

My children are grown but from 1st day we brought them home they slept in their crib. Never had a problem. Went from crib to big bed.

So glad I never had this problem. All three slept in their own rooms as soon as middle of the night feedings were done. They slept in a bassinet beside our bed but never in our bed until they went to their own rooms. I know a guy who rolled over on his baby and smothered her in the middle of the night. It was completely devastating. No way was I putting them in our bed.

Had 5 and not 1 ever slept in our bed unless they were sick, wasnā€™t having it