How do I break the news to my fiances step mom that we do not want her sitting with us at our wedding?

Add his mom next to your dad. Problem solved

I mean how would you feel if you went somewhere important and you weren’t allowed to sit with your husband and pretty much got out casted? I know when I go to any event I want to sit with my husband and if that isn’t going to happen then we aren’t coming and my husband I’d the same way. :woman_shrugging: sounds like you’re too uptight and you’re going to ruin your own wedding and possible cause some resentment from your husband.

1 Like

Have a table just for you and your groom.

Have a separate table close by for ALL parents.

Imagine how it’d feel to be left out just because your stepson’s wife doesn’t really like you very much. That would hurt.

1 Like

Fuck the step mum, it’s your wedding not hers, step mumzilla by the sounds of things needing to be her way or the high way

Sounds like it will cause more drama. So glad I did the sweetheart table with our wedding party only below us.

Eliminate the table lol

2 Likes

You absolutely cannot exclude the stepmom. If mom and step mom/Dad cannot sit at the same table, separate them. But all have to be included.

why not sit the bio mom with your father? or just a table for the parents together… I understand how you feel about her, however, I sense this will create more unwanted drama at your wedding. It’s about you and your fiancé. Just focus on that.

Wow! This is horrible!

3 Likes

Sounds like an excuse to leave her out because you don’t like her. What a better way to get back at her than putting her at another table for everyone to see & embarrass her.
You’ve got some serious growing up to do.

10 Likes

Girl you’ve got some growing to do… set bio mom by your dad and his dad by the step mom?

4 Likes

Just be blunt and tell her and your dad. It IS your wedding, so her wishes aren’t a priority

Wow, can you be more of a Bridevilla!!! Haha , that’s his Step-Mom.

4 Likes

You make 3 head parents tables. Sit her and him at one and let them pick the guests they want to sit with. You pick his Moms table and let her choose the people she wants to surround herself with. You pick your Dads table and you let him choose his seating guests. Everyone else sits at tables behind them. It’s really not that hard unless you’re looking to create a problem. I had my in-laws table and my parents table and there was people sitting with them that they chose they wanted to sit there.

1 Like

It’s your wedding so just tell her that you as a couple have decided to only have biological parents at the head table and that she will have a sweat at a table close to the front of the room. That for picture reasons and size that you need her to sit at a different table. It’s okay to be selfish at your wedding because it’s all about you and the groom

1 Like

Yikes, sounds super petty.

Just have your own table and keep your wedding civil.

Literally THINK about the embarrassment his father would feel sitting alone while his wife is tucked away somewhere else.

3 Likes

You can always have his mom and your dad sit together on one side and then his dad and step mom🤷‍♀️

3 Likes

Yikes. Imagine not including your spouses parents s.o

1 Like

Uh how does he view his step mom? That’s not up to you to decide if she sits at the parents table or not.

Step parents are real parents, regardless of how you personally view her. Don’t disrespect your soon to be Father in Law by not letting his wife sit with him at his sons wedding. Sounds petty to me and more about control than anything. Bite the bullet, its one day. I seriously doubt you’ll be paying attention to her with everything going on that day.

1 Like

Sorry, but nope. It’s all the “parents” or none of the parents. Don’t ask for drama

2 Likes

Sounds like you have a real problem with her …

1 Like

Yikes good luck in your marriage…not starting it out on a good note

2 Likes

Um it’s actually not just your wedding. It’s his too. And regardless if she’s his step mom, she’s still a parent to him. You’re going to start your married life by causing issues. ALL parents should be represented. Not once did you say that’s what your fiancé wants as well. She’s his family too. I’m sure his father will not go for this either and it’s going to cause issues.

1 Like

You don’t want!! What does the groom want

1 Like

Petty sounds like you’re just like stepmom, kinda silly

1 Like

I had my ‘step dad’ at my table. My mum had been with him 13 years. Guess what they divorced. So in my advice unless you’re super super close only have your parents! Do not pamper to other peoples feelings because it is yours and yours husbands day!! X

3 Likes

That’s a no from me. She should sit next to her husband. This is a ridiculous thing and it’s going to blow up in your face

6 Likes

She must be God awful, wow :laughing:.

1 Like

I’ll be the one to go against everyone here and wya do what makes you feel less stressed out and happy. My wedding I wish I would have told people how it was cause it was nothing but a headache and stressful and made the day stressful for me. His dad should understand and its not like she isn’t invited to the wedding itself. Just not the table. If the husband and step mom never really had a relationship im sure your husband would feel the same way

3 Likes

Wrong and rude. Grow up. She’s married and should sit with her husband.

I would exclude everyone just have 1 table for u guys.

Plz update us…curious to know how it all goes down eventually :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

It’s your wedding day
.as a step mother myself…I would be happy to just be close.no one stays at their tables very much anyway…tuff decision do what you and your new husband decide about your sticky situation

2 Likes

What. Does. The. Groom. Want.
This ain’t just your wedding sweetheart, it’s 50% his.

16 Likes

Your wedding your rules plain and simple, its YOUR big day set it up the way you want it to, how does your fiancée feel about his step mom?

Have a bride and groom table and put all the parents elsewhere. Whether you like her or not, she is married to his father and sitting her elsewhere is a poop move. Avoid unnecessary drama.

Yeah… I don’t like this. Sit her with your dad and don’t be such a lowlife.

6 Likes

A step parent is a real parent. By excluding step mom you may create problems between him and his dad. If this is what you both want have HIM talk to his dad and his dad may choose not to sit at the table or to even come. This could cause problems for years down the lines.

2 Likes

I cannot stress enough how bad an idea it is to do this. You will open up a nasty can of worms that will never close. It is not worth the years of problems it will cause. Have a separate table for the parents and include all of them to sit at it.

6 Likes

Since you’re uniting as one family why not sit someone from his side with your dad? I would never leave his step mom out! That would Definantly hurt feelings

2 Likes

Guess you want to start bad blood between the families. Stop being petty. Include them all or just have a table for you and the Groom. Step parents are part of the family. Unless you are willing to be content with your Spouse having no relationship with his Father past your wedding (how would YOU feel if you were the Step Mom and you couldn’t sit next to YOUR HUSBAND). Grow up, swallow YOUR resentment and seat them all or seat none at your table.

1 Like

Sit his bio mom with your dad and his dad/step mom on the other side :woman_shrugging:t2: 2 and 2 without causing any drama

20 Likes

I’m a step mom, if my bonus child felt that way :woman_shrugging: that’s their choice, for their big day and I would respect it. Also, if I were behaving that way that they felt that way, I would damn well deserve it. How does your fiance feel? Have you talked with him? Have you talked with his father(the step moms husband) about your thoughts on not having his wife at his side? Because he may not want to be seated next to his ex wife, and may not sit there either.

What does your partner think?

I think you either have his bio mum on the same side as your dad to make it even, or you have a parents table and just have groomsmen/bridesmaids at the table with you.

3 Likes

Grow up, she’s married to him and it’s rude to separate them regardless of your feelings. You and your husband sit alone

2 Likes

You are being ridiculous. Absolutely rude. Your dad being single doesn’t mean anything. It’s a table, and at the end of the day the balance means NOTHING. You will regret even mentioning this idea. Don’t add drama to your own wedding because you want to be petty and single someone out.

If my step son did this to me, or allowed his fiance, I would not attend the wedding, and his father likely wouldn’t either. That being said, my son is a good man and would NEVER marry a woman that wanted to exclude any of his family. Just… :flushed:

1 Like

I think it is mean and very rude to exclude her at the table. I would think this would upset her husband as well.

3 Likes

It’s your wedding and I understand the birth parents. I agree with you. Tell her she won’t be at the table.

1 Like

You are marrying into that family which includes the step mom. Excluding her as if she is less of a family member isn’t a great way to start. Just had his dad and step mom on his side and have your dad and his mom on your side. It’s even at the table people don’t always do the whole separating family thing anyway since it’s not uncommon for someone to have a lot more or a lot less people on their side.

2 Likes

That’s not going to go very well at all. She should be included as well, stepmom or not. She should be sitting next to her husband.

2 Likes

A wedding, while a joyous occasion, is the first day, of one of many upcoming days with your new husband and his family. If you want to start a rift on the get go, that is a great way to do it. Don’t be “that bride”.

3 Likes

Sit his real Mom with your Dad

8 Likes

Wowwwwww just sit the bridal party at the table instead of parents. no drama. If not, out bio mom with your dad and let his dad and stepmom sit together. As a stepmom, this really makes me sad.

6 Likes

Does he feel the same??

1 Like

I say have her sit in a spot that is near you both and also let his biological mom come and sit by him on the other side. She’s still a parent regardless but if the step mom starts an issue over his biological mother being there too, just kick her out

1 Like

You’re marrying into this family. She will also be your step mom as well. Weddings are stressful as it is. Don’t make it even harder with something as small as a chair at your dinner table. ALSO, this will likely create long lasting tension in your husbands family. This will likely go far beyond just this one day. There’s nothing wrong with putting your boundaries in place But just remember that step mom is also a part of this family.

That’s messed up and you seem petty as all hell… I know it’s your day but that is your future husband’s step mom, your future smil… its definitely gonna cause more issues… Good luck!!

5 Likes

If you exclude step-mom that’s going to hurt your soon to be father in law and he may not want to attend and not be able to sit with his wife.I would re-think this decision.Just have you & your husband at your own table & an in law table close to you or they will be hurt

3 Likes

Do the sweetheart table and then let family sit with family. Let your mil sit with her family & your FIL and his wife sit with their family. Then your dad can be with his, etc. That way there’s no drama. Honestly it’s rude to tell her you don’t want her there so if you’re not going to be respectful of the fact that she’s married to your fil then change things up.

You can still make your mil feel special and included without a special table. Have her do a reading, lite the unity candles, etc.

1 Like

Guess you want to start your marriage off on a bad note
We sat by ourselves
They say where ever they wanted

4 Likes

Just know doing this seating arrangement will ruffle feathers. It will cause drama. They are divorced for a reason. Idk… I would just have bride and groom and then separate tables for parents. It is your call, of course, but a friend’s daughter was getting married and she didn’t want his current wife there, just bc it would be awkward… he took that as disrespect for his wife… I don’t thing he is too off base. Just my 2 cents. Best of luck with it all. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

My parents are separated, they each had their own table. My dad, his gf and his siblings.

My mom with all three of my sisters, her husband, and my aunt and a few of my closest bridesmaids to fill in their table.

I don’t think you should separate couples.

3 Likes

WOW! The audacity?! Clearly from what I’m understanding is the step mom is much more involved than the real mom so for you to just basically smack the stepmom in the face with this is absolutely ridiculous in my opinion and if I were the dad iPad personally would not attend the wedding whatsoever​:woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging: step moms are REAL MOMS

8 Likes

Call her up or go to her in person and just tell her she is not an important person enough to be recognized. I am positive she will be understanding, for the moment.

2 Likes

You should do you BUT starting your marriage with something as dramatic as this is just asking for future drama. Maybe you should try embracing the entire family dynamic. Quit looking at your wedding table as having sides and blend everybody up and put the woman next to your dad with all the parents down one side and the attendants down the other… whatever it may be… I wouldn’t disrespect her or your future family in this way, personally. You hurt his dad… Period.

21 Likes

Set your dad up with his mom… Will they be a good match? Haha

1 Like

Put your dad and his real mom at one table and his dad and step mom at the other!!! Understandably it’s YOUR wedding but you are marrying into HIS family. So you gotta take the good with the bad, trust me a few hours of “uncomfortable” is better than years of the drama it will bring if you don’t sit her at the table too. I mean how would you feel if you and your soon to be husband went somewhere but they didn’t accept you and you had to sit alone…. His dad will feel hurt also cause you excluded his WIFE! I think this can be a simple fix….

5 Likes

Suck it up. Let her sit with ur dad. This will cause a problem with his Dad

Then don’t have any parents at the “bride & groom table”, I think it’s very rude to leave her out like that regardless of her personality. She is his fathers WIFE like it or not and comes w the package of “parents”.
Walk around and visit w people after your meal. Because that just sounds childish

Wow… not a good way to start you life out. I’d find a way to make it work. All the family at the table or no one. Especially if the step mom has been around awhile.

1 Like

For everyone telling her to just suck it up. No she doesn’t have to just suck it up, thats her and her fiances special day. She literally said to that the husband and step mom never really had a relationship to begin with. So why should she stress herself out to make others happy on her day. Its about her not the guests. If the step mom and father want to hold a lifelong grudge over something so small thats on them. Its your day and you celebrate it however you would like. If the father and step mother truly cared for you guys, they would understand.

What if bio mom sat with your dad and step mom sat with his bio dad? Is that a thing? Idk all the wedding etiquette

4 Likes

You’re wrong on this. Sit his mom by him, then dad, then step mom. Yes, he’ll be in the middle.

4 Likes

It’s your wedding. Tell her what you want and that you don’t mean it in a bad way.

1 Like

Wow
When my dad married my step mother (he’s a widow) she wanted a big fancy wedding and I was only dating someone at the time. She placed me on her side of the head table and would not let me sit by my sister and her fiancé nor would they let my boyfriend at the time sit with me. I was so fucking pissed off and ya know what? Everyone knew it. What a shit show. I would have rather sat at a regular table. When I got married despite not liking my step mother- she sat at the main table with everyone else bc it’s the right thing to do.

How about you simply have a table for the wedding party only. You, your husband and your attendants. Then separate tables for parents. Sit them all at one table or separate them. Talk with his mother. My guess is she’d rather have peace than recognition.

13 Likes

Nope ! Sounds awful and I didn’t read the whole thing. Do not have a day to read it.
Simple solution… bridal table is for you n him and bridal party. Everyone else sits at different table. Simples

5 Likes

Put his real mum beside your dad. Simple. Stop being a brat.

15 Likes

Just here to say good luck that’s a hard one lol

What does your fiance want? As it is BOTH of your wedding. If he wants her with the rest of the parents, sit the stepmother with her husband, and put his mom with your dad since they are both single. You’re gonna make yourself look “uptight and pompous” if you don’t include her.

19 Likes

Just straight up tell her . If she gets butt hurt-oh well.

2 Likes

What if you had a stepmother? Wow. My step mother was at every event his kids had. You should really think about it. You may be a stepmother some day.

4 Likes

Head table put the wedding party. Put the parents at their own tables. Easy peasy. No arguing and nobody’s feelings will get hurt.

2 Likes

I couldnt do this regardless of her personality. Sounds like a scene from the movie mean girls. You need to think long and hard about how you would feel if you were in stepmoms shoes. Not only are you excluding her but you are also putting her husband in a position to either exclude his wife or not sit at the same table with his son. This is terrible. Period. Do yourself a favor and dont sit parents at your table at all if this how you feel. Have you and your wedding party or just a bride and groom table. Sit parents somewhere close by but not at the same table. You can visit with whoever you want once the dinner portion is done.

4 Likes

Sounds like a bad idea. I understand that you don’t feel close to her, and things have been rocky. However, if you single her out by exclusion at the parent’s table, you’ll be making an enemy where you’ll need a friend. Further, you’ll be putting stress on your husband’s relationship with his father, and the relationship between the father and stepmom. It really cannot end well. If you don’t include her, then I suggest you don’t have any of the parents sit with you.

23 Likes

It’s rude. you are rude.

As it is his stepmom, not yours, this should be his decision. Wedding party tables are annoying anyways. No offense, but literally none of your guests care to see your wedding party on display. Couples who have one person in the wedding party and one person not and/or kids, do not like being separated for the reception. Been there, done that. For our wedding, we just did a bride & groom table and our party sat with their people.

1 Like

Your wedding your wishes just tell her don’t put too much into it … she will either respect you or keep it moving …

Your wedding not hers, also if she is going to drama put her at a different table because that is not needed on YOUR big day. Its about you and your fiancee and not the step mother. Honestly let her act like a kid because in the end all that matters is you and your fiancees happiness not hers.

1 Like

Really? Tell us you’re petty without telling us you’re petty.

14 Likes

I wouldn’t do this it will create a whole mess. To the point that his dad may not even come or even want to talk to you guys again.

Forcing the dad to sit with his ex wife will cause a HUGE disaster…

12 Likes

Honestly if she’s anything like someone I know, she won’t even show up :woman_shrugging:

Can you set the real mom on your side so couple aren’t separated and the table isn’t uneven. Like it or not she is his step mom and it’s unfair to cut her out cause she is a heifer

3 Likes

1)Talk to ur fiance see what he thinks and how he feels about it first. 2) in order to avoid hurt feeling and drama at your wedding/reception it might be easier to do a sweethearts table for u and your groom and then a family table with parents,step parents , siblings and or the bridal party.

2 Likes

You risk his dad not wanting to sit with yall either.

9 Likes

It’s your wedding but your also being a bridezilla, you’re also uptight and don’t like the stepmom. Give in and let him have all his parents around him step parent or not.

5 Likes

Have your mom sit with his dad and that way there’ll be two on each side

2 Likes

Just have you and husband and wedding party at your table and have a special table for all the parents.They can all get to know each other. Easy as pie!

4 Likes

Your wedding, your choice. If she doesn’t like it, she doesn’t have to attend :grimacing:

1 Like