How do I get rid of bad breath for good? I've tried it all!

I read somewhere the liver may cause bad breathe. I can’t imagine if you have a poor organ which would have caused you trouble since childhood. I’m sure you would have had more symptoms now. All I can say is research organs and see a neurologist. Maybe he can help.

Try ingesting chlorophyll. It’s what ostomy patients do keep smell down. A homeopath prescribed it for me because of my killer breath. I’d mix powder in juice—OJ works best—but turns it bright green, so you might want to drink it in an opaque glass/bottle. Also sold in drops for under the tongue homeopathic. Follow directions on the package for use, depending on what form you use.

Also try taking acidophilus capsules with meals to improve your gut biome.

3 Likes

Tonsils believe it or not. Mine bothered me all my life got them out at 18 and solved so many problems.

1 Like

Have you tried the mouth washes for bad breath cvs has a whole line… And I’ll tell you my Hispanic husband… Wakes up with god awful breath he brushes 2 …3… sometimes 4 times a day… but we noticed when I cut back cooking with certain spices and cut back spicy food it wasn’t as bad and he doesn’t complain as much with bad breath… it would be so bad he would keep Tissue beside the bed to spot in because swallowing the saliva would gross him out… not a guarantee but worth a try

There’s a gum disease (not dangerous) that can cause this and there are treatments for it! I wish I could remember what it’s called. If you have yellowish plaque at time I’d say that’s probably what it is. You could ask your dentist about it? It’s a needle treatment where they go under the gums and is covered by most insurance I believe because it isn’t considered cosmetic.

Prescription mouthwash with antiseptic in it for gingivitis

It’s likely generating from your gut. Probiotic OR Check your dental care. You could also have a gum disease issue that may require a deep cleaning followed with an antibiotic for a while.

Get a tongue scraper! They make metal and plastic/disposable ones that are reusable.

2 Likes

I watched a television show years ago , I think it was a medical one that said there was a disease where there is a tiny pocket in the throat that collects debris from food and goes off. Maybe you can google it, it was a long time ago but the girl in the show suffered from very severe bad breath and they fixed it

It’s not your tonsils is it? I remember mine smelled because of the white stones I’d get in the back of my throat until I got my tonsils out.

2 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How do I get rid of bad breath for good? I've tried it all! - Mamas Uncut

Stomach issues ? Digestion ? Reflux ?

1 Like

Are you on any medications that can cause it?

1 Like

sometimes it just happens maybe and there’s no reason? :woman_shrugging:t3:

Do you clean your tongue?

Maybe you have tonsil stones?

2 Likes

Brush your teeth with pure coconut oil and swish some around in your mouth a few times a day. It is ant bacterial and anti microbial properties. It is edible and safe to consume. Do some research on it and you will find it has a ton of uses. I use it for everything!! Good Luck!

5 Likes

Did you ever try cutting out gluten? It may be a Candida overgrowth. Cut the sugar along with the dairy.

4 Likes

It’s not common but you can still get tonsil stones even if you don’t have tonsils. They can grow on leftover tonsil tissue, the base of your tongue or adenoids. Those things definitely give horrible breath.

7 Likes

I’m thinking it might be your saliva. If you’re over producing saliva or under producing saliva that can cause bad breath.

5 Likes

Have u checked ur tonsils for stones? I get them sometimes and they literally smell like poop

Chlorophyll tablets.

3 Likes

Dry mouth can cause ur to. Or thrash and if u brush ur tongue everyday u can’t tell u have it

1 Like

Hydrogen peroxide . Rinse your mouth with it

Also acid reflux can cause it

Activated charcoal tablets try taking them.

2 Likes

Could be tonsil stones, stomach issues, dry mouth…

1 Like

Make sure to brush ur tounge to get the white off ,it should be pink

A mask and stay six feet from everyone

10 Likes

Peroxide I swear by this

2 Likes

I use peroxide as a daily mouthwash and it has helped me tremendously

2 Likes

So sorry I hope you find someone to help you

Could be a stomach issue. My husband had the same issue…Turns out he had a hyanial hernia and some of stomach had pushed thru his diaphragm and when he’d eat some of the food would get stuck in the part that pushed thru his diaphragm…Sometimes bad breath is an underlying symptom of something else…

1 Like

Flossing and brushing teeth and tongue . Can be a sign of à médical issue also. Drinking lots of water helps keep your mouth cleansed. Apples, carrots and celery help clean your teeth ( raw) cucumbers help rid your palette of bad breath if you put it on your tongue for 30 secondes before eating. They also sell thèse awesome tiny brushes to use between your teeth that get à bunch of crap out that regular flossing doesnt always get. Regular dental visits and like i Mentionned before could be à sign of à médical issue … example diabetes.

Biotin (sp?) mouthwash worked great for someone i know

Get a prescription for halitosis

1 Like

There is an actual medical reason 2 have constant bad breath. I can’t think of the name of it off the top of my head but it doesn’t matter what u do nothing will help. U can chew gum, do peroxide treatments, use a special mouthwash, cut whatever out u think might be causing it, spend large amounts of money on doctors but if everything is coming out normal then it’s that issue. Someone posted this same issue awhile ago maybe on another page and a trained professional said eating an apple a day or drinking apple cider vinegar will help. Maybe try it? The acidity in the apple is supposed 2 help reduce the spell.

1 Like

Are you diabetic? Diabetic ketoacidosis can cause an unusual smell.

1 Like

Could be tonsil stones. They’re not always seen but ALWAYS smell bad. Best of luck!

1 Like

I think you probably have tonsil stones

It’s your gut bacteria more than likely

This mouthwash is amazing!

1 Like

Change your cook Ware tocast iron glass stone and porcilon stay the hell away from aluminum and cheap stailess

Have you asked to be checked if you have tonsil stones Thea are white/yellowish stones that appear in your throat from time to time causing really bad breath

I used to have bad breath and I started getting regular chiropractic care and massages and it completely went away

2 Likes

My mom told me about a tea call boldo i think u take it after your meals - she said that it helps with bad breath
Also adding parsley and celery juice to your morning routine(jucing)
Brush with baking soda

I’m a dental assistant. Have you been shown how to floss correctly? Do you brush the back of your tongue? Do you use mouthwash? Which toothpaste do you use?

Get a tongue scraper

Guru Nanda Stainless Steel Tongue Scraper (Pack of 2), Fights Bad Breath, Medical Grade 100% Stainless Steel, Great for Oral Hygiene, Tongue Cleaner for Adults and Kids https://www.amazon.com/dp/B091MBD3Q3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_5K7CHZFTY08K8H2XHYEN?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Mouthwash, tic-tacs, breath spray keep in your pocket, use every hour, get out there and live your life… Jeff Lewis uses breath spay all the time, even while being filmed! It will give you the confidence you need

Research liver cleanses. Coffee enemas work on Youtube to Detox liver to clean your blood. Gut health. Probiotics that are refrigerated are the only ones that work. Morning noon and bedtime. It works.

Have your adenoids been removed? You can get adenoids stones that can cause bad breath like tonsil stones can. Sometimes another cause is dry mouth.

1 Like

If you are a constipated person this can effect your breath to. So if you don’t poop refurbish could be the cause. Or diabetes causes bad breath too. I have no suggestions. But i feel for you

Go to your dentist you might hv issues with your teeth or consult with your GI doctor. Cause could be internal

My daughter was like this. Turned out it was her tongue. Try a tongue brush!

1 Like

Use a hydrogen based toothpaste. It will help with overgrowth of bacteria. Also I agree with the tongue scraper. You can also use listerine total care. That helps get rid of bacteria.

Do you have halitosis?

Find different dentists

Mint and tea help mask bad breath

Do you have tonsil stones?

Try baking soda mixed with water. Baking soda takes the odor out of a lot of things. Make a paste with it to brush your teeth. Try not to drink a lot of coffee, citrus drinks etc.Causes stomach acid that medical tests don’t show. Acid comes up from the stomach not you mouth. Let us know.

Is it tonsil stones perhaps

1 Like

Coconut oil …cold pressed…swish throughout day …kills fungus and bacteria

I’m unsure if you can have tonsil stones without tonsils lol but they do that. Try
That CB stuff x

Use a miswak (chew on it during the day) or charcoal or honey.

Brush your tongue. Most bacteria Is on your tongue. You have to brush it

1 Like

mouthwash called peroxyl from boots, might help, goodluck x

Scrape your tongue with a stainless steel spoon.A doctor told me this many years ago I do it. Works very well . if you have onion smell on your hands and wipe them in your stainless steel sink it takes the odor off. Same principle.Try it scrape the film of your tongue don’t just brush it around

1 Like

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How do I get rid of bad breath for good? I've tried it all! - Mamas Uncut

Gastroesophageal disease or GERD can cause bad breath…really bad like poop. Maybe seen a Gastroenterologist to see if they can help.

2 Likes

It sounds dumb but you need to look at your diet. How much processed foods are you consuming? Our bodies weren’t designed to consume processed foods. Stick to the outside aisles of grocery store and eat fresh as much as possible. Humans should be consuming 7-13 servings of fruits and veggies a day. Avoid anything processed to include boxed food and white sugar. Use raw honey if you need to sweeten something. Drink water as much as you can to flush out your body. It is not an overnight fix but over time you should see a the problem start going away.

4 Likes

I once had issues with foul smell that was actually coming from my nose and my breath stunk and I could actually taste the horrible smell. This went on for some time. I went to doctor and even took antibiotics. Sometime later I had to have a tooth pulled and when they pulled the tooth the same foul smell was there. So mine was from a problem with a tooth that took some time to show up. It was like the infection was there for a long long time and was up in the sinus cavity. Sorry your having problems and I hope you find what is causes the issues. I also have some teeth that set so tight with hardly any space in between that it is even hard to floss. I never have any bad odor when flossing until I floss in the tight areas and the smell is horrible! Have to floss daily especially the tight areas between the teeth otherwise I know I have bad breath even after brushing and using mouth rinse.

2 Likes

Chlorophyll liquid or triple chlorophyll pills

3 Likes

Check your tonsils make sure you don’t have tonsil stones they most definitely cause ad breath.

6 Likes

Have you checked out tongue scrapers? They sell them on Amazon and clean your tongue better then a toothbrush

6 Likes

Sounds like Halitosis (chronic bad breath) I know of someone who was diagnosed with this.

1 Like

Dentist here……you have some great suggestions and recommendations. A few questions. 1st. Do you breathe through your mouth? Mouth dry in morning? Mouth breathing could be a cause snd why it has never gone away. 2nd have you ever had ever had the bacteria in your mouth tested? 3rd. Have you ever had a 3-D CBCT done of your head?

5 Likes

You should try a moisturizer mouth wash sometimes the dryness in tour mouth can cause halitosis. Also drink mint tea but helps as well

Deep cleaning for your teeth might help it could be infection in your gums and beneath your teeth

Gerd I have it. I like the flavored mint anti-acids

I am glad you got checked by doctors. Have you ever read any info on your gut. If you have bad gut problems it could effect your breath. Stay positive and just stay healthy. Hugs!

Is your mouth dry constantly ? Ususally when your mouth is dry it causes bad breath

What about tonsil stones? They are putrid :nauseated_face::nauseated_face: they smell absolutely horrible and they will make your breath smell and you can taste it.

8 Likes

I read a story a long time ago about a young man with this same problem. An X-ray of his lung s showed a very small piece of pine needle that he had inhaled had become encapsulated and that was where the bad smell was coming from. Weird but maybe something similar!!!

Try hunny.
3 or 4 times a day, or more, take a big spoon full let it melt in your mouth and run down your throat. Hunny is actuly a natural antibiotic. I have to use it to keep my tonsils in check. They desperately need to be removed. Hunny will also heal break outs, apply to the skin. It will also control body order, add to body wash 50/50.

Gargle with peroxide ?

4 Likes

I’ve heard of herbal remedies. I can’t think of any from the top of my head, but it doesn’t hurt to do research on it.

Chew gum or suck on peppermint

Do you floss? Hang in there

Have you checked for tonsil stones?

2 Likes

My doctor suggested chlorophyll capsules. I get them on Amazon.

2 Likes

Keep your mouth shut

1 Like

Tonsil stones if you cough hard enough sometimes the white things will come up and they mf smell bad like shit literally poop bet that’s what it is

Try drinking a cup of bleach

Therabreath. It’s OTC mouthwash, toothpaste everything you need. It’s a bit pricey but worth every penny because you never have to worry again!

3 Likes

Have you tried “smart mouth”? It is a two part rinse.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it would help, but do you brush your tongue? I read your post and didn’t see that suggested but not sure if it goes with saying brushing and flossing.

1 Like

Poor gut health… eating more fragmented foods will help.

3 Likes

My son gets this aswell and the smell comes from his stomach. He takes Protonix for it and seems to fix the problem. Or you can try to drink pickle juice. Heard that as a home remedy. Worth a try. Hope that helps ya.

2 Likes

I know you said you’ve been to GI but have they ever tested for H Pylori infection?

3 Likes