How do I go about telling my exes parents they have a grandchild?

First off how is your son’s needs compensated by money??? This dude you got pregnant by is trash!! He wants to pay but not be involved and is totally cool with your bf playing that roll umm I say introduce your son to his parents if he is cool with that create your son a family and as he gets older that’s his choice if u said what u said and she never reached out or asked well obviously they are not toooo concerned and may not be a great situation to place your child in…

He dipped while you were pregnant with his child…that is NOT a “good friend”
Honestly I’d let sleeping dogs lie
Maybe your current bf’s parents can become your son’s grandparents

8 Likes

A good friend …realllly…:expressionless:

2 Likes

I would reach out through social media or a letter so ur son isn’t heartbroken if they don’t want a relationship and also expect for ur ex to be petty about it because u went against him when u are looking out for ur baby

He’s not a “good friend” and he’s not supportive. It sounds more like he’s paying you hush money. :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

Send them a card with pictures. Keep it simple. Let them know you are willing to allow them to have a relationship if they want, and then leave it up to them to make the choice. If I were the grandparent….I’d definitely want to know. So would my parents and most people I know.

2 Likes

Give him an ultimatum…he tells them or u will…set a dead line…

2 Likes

I agree with your boyfriend 100% I would go police knock on his parents door with the baby and be like here you go meet your grandchild sorry your son is a douche however no child should ever feel unwanted no child should ever be denied and every child deserve to be loved by as many people as possible

2 Likes

Tbh get his address and get a court order for support. Then go to his parents doorstep and let that baby meet his family

3 Likes

A good friend??? Really that’s your sons “father “ who ditched him but you want to stay friends???

8 Likes

I have the same problem I had a son when I was 16 was married when I was 15 we took my son at one month old to meet his grandpa got a picture of them together and his uncle and his grandma after we broke up and got divorced he just sort of went his own way never coming back which he was talking about taking my son and killing him and nobody would ever find his body so that didn’t care for anyway so where’s a little bit happy that he didn’t come around so he didn’t really have a dad my daughter she was born in February we went to attorney general court for child support who denied being her dad we took a blood test in December of 90 and February the 7th 91 he got the news at court that he was 99.9% her father now mind you none of his mother or any of them father brother sisters none of them had nothing to do with her he came to her birthday party on February that was 2 days after he was totally he was a father he gave me money and we went to the store and he bought dresses and stuff for bought stuff but then I find out whenever she was going to visit him he would drop her off with his girlfriend and not even stay there with her so then the grandma gets in there seeing the baby will they live down a road that went right beside my parents’ house every time my daughter seen them or heard them coming she would run as hard as she could to the road to try to catch them and they would if they sing her coming they would speed up to get by her just to have my little girl walk back to the house crying every time well she finally decided she’s 30 years old now to not have nothing to do with him her grandma died that’s who she really loved and his girlfriend at the time is now with another friend so we see her her biological father is in prison now for life and she wants nothing to do with him or any of his other family she’s saying how they were toward her and now she’s being that way toward them so just sit back whatever happens happens your son’s going to see who cares who don’t he’ll decide that on his own like my daughter did one thing come out good about my ex-husband they set up child support he didn’t pay until the past couple of years he owes me 14,000 more dollars my daughter’s daddy he owe 60 something thousand dollars but I’ll never get it cuz of him being in prison for the rest of his life so I know how it is hurt you so much seeing your kids go through the pain just hang in there be there for them show them who cares which is you they ain’t had an effort to try to find out if he was theirs or not and forcing them to have something to do with him is not a good thing either although if you want to tell them do like they set up on another message get a card send some pictures and tell them that’s their grandchild they may want a blood test though and not going to have nothing to do until then just hang in there

Be careful. Sometimes assholes are made by assholes.

The grandparents should know & they can decide how they want to respond to you & your son … If your child’s dad stops paying child support (without court) b cause of it oh well, go to court & get it … He is the one who chose not to be in your child’s life … The grandparents may very well feel differently & could be a wonderful help to you & your child - if they chose not to so be it … but I feel you should let them know !!!

2 Likes

To be honest, I wouldn’t worry about it. They raised their son, you see how he is. Are you expecting something from them? Are you going to be ok if they want nothing to do with your child? Are you going to be ok if you find out they already knew and were purposely avoiding you? Are you prepared for any downside that might come like them wanting grandparents rights to your child?

7 Likes

If you have there number call them, message them or but just rocking up is no point because if you just rock up one day and there not home you’ve wasted a trip. Call them first and let them know you have something to tell them, ask if you could meet for coffee or at a park

If he stops supporting for whatever reason… take him to court. Period! If you really want them to know, go and tell them.

1 Like

Go after child support which is best for your child anyways it has nothing to do with you, and he and his parents will have no choice but to acknowledge and can’t force him to love your child though

2 Likes

Anyone who ditches my child isn’t my friend. Period.

14 Likes

You need to let them know they deserve a chance to be a part of your child’s life, and you need to go through the court for child support. Somebody who doesn’t even want to let his parents know they have a child with you is not your friend :woman_facepalming:t2:

7 Likes

I wouldn’t reach out thru any social media. But you can either go over there, without your son, write them a letter & enclose a picture of him or call them & tell them. And then if they want to meet him, do it in a neutral place & see how they act towards him & then go on from there

3 Likes

Time to be a mom and Go directly to the grandparent. Stop trying to go through a pos dad.

1 Like

I’d send a letter or social media private message. Keep it short and sweet just saying it’s their grandchild and you are giving option to be involved. Don’t include anything about their son.
I can 109% understand wanting your kiddo to have family especially when you didn’t have any. I think it’s great you want more involved with your son.
But I agree a lot with comments above. He’s not your friend. He’s not supportive if he ignores you and the kid. Definitely be prepared to be rejected. Also, one part I agreed with most was soneone mentioned that they raised him and look how he turned out~ I realize people make their own choices but healthily raised children don’t just abandon their kids as adults! I also agree you need to go through child support and custody agreement. If you don’t, you have zero power if he decides to come take kid regardless of where he is. He could come get kid and never come back and nothing you can do until custody agreement is filed!!
Truly wish you the best and hope everything works out

1 Like

Simple. Put your son’s feelings first. 🤷

1 Like

Huh!? If he isn’t seeing his son it doesn’t matter if YOUR relationship with him is destroyed , go through the court . It’s about your son , not you. You shouldn’t be entertaining any sort of friendship with the man that abandoned your child and thinking it’s ok for you to talk to him while he doesn’t talk to or see his son. Disrespectful to your child . His mom heard you , if she was interested she would reach out . A lot of grandparents won’t be involved if their son tells them not to .

4 Likes

You need to tell them. They have a right to pick if they want to be part of his life. Just because his father don’t want to be in his life no one has given them that choice.

I’d say don’t even bother. Does your son actually know his “father” or is your bf more like a dad to him. If your bf is more of a dad I would just keep it that way.

How naive @ friend. Out him on official child support and let them know. If he gets upset, so what. At least you have given them the chance to be in the kid’s life.

Sadly , they probably won’t want to be around either .

2 Likes

Write a letter send a pic or two of the child

Put your sons feeling first . Who cares if he’s a good friend , he needs to be a good father and think of the kid . If he quits paying support take his ass to court .

Ok I want to thank everyone for all the positive comments and support this is my post. I have seen several suggestions about writing a letter and sending a photo and I think that is what I will do. It’s not been an easy decision but I think its the right thing to do.

13 Likes

Amanda Brock yeah that’s not how it works. The apple sometimes falls really really far from the tree… then rolls down a hill, floats a river and settles in a landfill.

3 Likes

Why open a can of worms? It could ld be another rejection for both of you if. You need a family ask your best foster parent or for bed a good substitute

Your kid is more important that the relationship you have with the father. Your kid deserves to have family. If dad wants to stop voluntarily supporting the child he helped make because you went to his parents, so be it. Take him to court.

3 Likes

Family is more important then money. (In my opinion some may feel different) im sure your a great mom and of he wants to be a petty a hole and stop helping because u want your son to have family im sure you will make sure he still had his needs. But take think of it like this. U know what its like to have no family. Do u want your son to go through that. And whos to say u tell them and they love him so much and give him the family he deserves and helps u out with him…but then again they could turn their back to. So its a iffy situation but if i were u i think id take the chance on my child having family around to love him. The more the better.

1 Like

If they wanted to be involved they would have when you blurted out you were pregnant. Even if it was total bullshit they should’ve reached out and asked you personally. The fact that they haven’t says enough

First of all, stop worrying about his feelings and how he’ll feel because he abandoned you when he found out you were pregnant. Secondly, anyone who abandons a child shouldn’t be your friend. And if you reach out to his parents and he stops helping voluntarily, just take him to court

4 Likes

Don’t reach out. It’s not your place to suddenly show up or reach out and demand the grandparents know about your child. Is your child suffering because they don’t know their bio grandparents? No. Your child couldn’t give a rat’s ass about who they are related to past you being mom. Especially at almost 3. The bio dad moved away. You’re receiving financial support for your child and from the sounds of it there isn’t any custody bullshit that you have to worry about which could confuse and hurt your child more.

Family isn’t who you force to be around and it isn’t who you demand love from. Being family means so much more than genetics. Don’t reach out. Mind ya business and be a mom to your kid without worrying who his family is. You are his family. Point blank.

I reach out on Facebook… My sons father isn’t involved really… I still speak with his sister and stuff…

Reach out to them and if it messes up the relationship you have with bio dad than take him to court for child support. he should understand that you want your sons grandparents involved especially if hes that good of a friend and knows you grew up in foster care with no family. Put your sons feelings and your feelings first. Not the bio dad. Hes already putting himself first by not being involved at all. Reach out. They deserve to make the decision of whether they want to be involved or not.

Mama I wouldn’t fuss, that’s opening an ugly can of worms. Leave it be. Get your child support & leave it be. Sending you love :heart:

It isn’t about him any more, it is about your child

2 Likes

Idk if you want your son around people who raised such a jerk

3 Likes

Send a Facebook message. Hey this kids your grand kid. We’re here if you want a connection.
Simple. Don’t be crazy.

2 Likes

Sounds like me except it was his mother I told and she never spoke to me again, never acknowledged her grandson. She died a few years ago never meeting him

Send them a card with a picture of the child and your return address. If they see their son in him they will reply. If not let it go.

1 Like

My oldest sons father is like this. But he doesn’t help and we dont talk. He left when my son was 4 months old. His parents knew and cause I kept the baby boy they decided not to have anything to do with him.

2 Likes

My feeling is hes only paying you the child support like its hush money and staying on good terms with u is so you dont tell people its his kid. That will change so be prepared. Ive been in the grandparents pisition and met my possible grandson (waiting on dna test) at 5 months old. I love him so much and no matter what my son said it wasnt stopping me from seeing him. Do what u feel is best in your heart

4 Likes

Reach out to them. It’s okay if it wrecks your relationship with the dad. You say you’re doing it for your child but if he ever decides he wants to come around, he will do that regardless of your relationship with him. It’s his kid, the relationship with you shouldn’t matter at all (though it is nice to get along and be friendly so I get it)

1 Like

Ask the guy WHY he doesn’t want his folks to know about the kid. Is he fearful they would be abusive or otherwise bad for you and the child? Is he afraid they would make him step up & be a husband & father? If the latter, you can assure his folks that you and baby daddy are good with the current arrangement and don’t want to be pressured into anything different.

How old are his parents? Do they have any other grandchildren? If so, would they treat your child any differently from the other grandchildren? Do they even like young children or children in general? Did they enjoy being parents at all?

I’d send a brief letter stating this is their grandchild if they wish to be part of his life, with birth and current photos and see what happens next. Don’t have any expectations and you won’t be disappointed.

Also, create your own extended family with people you choose who love you. I grew up with a small family but had a ton of “aunts,” “uncles,” and have many friends who are my “sisters” and “brothers,” despite being no relation at all. My ex had only one living grandparent but had two neighbors who acted as his grandparents. Our kids have several friends who are like extra parents, aunts and uncles. We say “we are related by love.” Blood doesn’t matter, plus you have the luxury of picking and choosing the best people to be in your “family.”

1 Like

Send a letter, include a couple of photos maybe?
If my son had a child i would want to know!

2 Likes

Go to court get dad on child support. Take baby to grand parents and let them know. And see from there child deserve to have grandparents!!

3 Likes

Just let them know. Maybe it will turn out great for lil guy .

Maybe reach out on fb or call them. Im sure they qould want to know if they had a grandbaby. I would.

You tell the grandparents and if he decided to stop helping financially you take him to court abd put him on child support

4 Likes

I would reach out to them.

He’s a good friend and really supportive but has never met his child? Girl get outta here. Tell the grandparents if you want to and if he stops support (that you actually need) then go through the courts. Stop making excuses for him.

23 Likes

I would get a lawyer and talk to the lawyer about wanting the grandparents involved, going to court. Have you ever considered trying to find your birth parents? I hope that your son gets to meet his grandparents. Prayers. Sadly my son met his grandma (father’s mother) when he was three years old and only spent a couple of hours with her then she passed away when he was five years old. He didn’t remember her. She was in a nursing home when she passed away. Only way I found out is my aunt seen a post on my son’s grandma’s daughter’s Facebook (son’s aunt - his father’s sister).

If I were his grandma I would want to know about the baby.

He can’t be a good friend and supportive AND a deadbeat dad, especially if your the baby mama. You should want him to be there for your kid not just for you I mean seriously??? He isnt in the child’s life but he’s a good friend to you (his child’s mother) something just don’t seem right there. As far as the grandparents, call them or write them but don’t just show up to their house

13 Likes

Yes you should absolutely tell them. They deserve the love of a grandchild.

Screw baby daddy. Show up. Tell them. If they don’t want to be involved FINE. But if he stops support take his ass to court! Your child deserves the possibility of more family to love them!

Let them know and let them decide… here is why… 4 years ago my nephew was killed in a tragic boating accident… a week later my sis gets a email from the child’s mother, she explains why she had not been in contact with my sis but my nephew had been paying child support for the 2 years he was alive… (my great nephew was 2 and never got to meet his dad) well my sis and brother inlaw of course was thrilled they had another Grand baby to be apart of… although we were hurt that we didn’t know till now. But at least he’s in our lives now. You can’t get back yesterday but you sure can have today and tomorrow! And just because the father doesn’t want to be part of his life that’s on him… your afraid he won’t pay child support well take him to court… but don’t make a decision for the grandparents… let them decide… and if they don’t want to be part of your child’s life at least you opened the door and gave them a choice, and you can say you tried!

3 Likes

If he stops paying child support because you inform his parents they have a grandchild then you need to take him to court. He is not being a friend or supportive if he is hiding the fact he has a child to his family and threatening to stop paying child support if you don’t do as he tells you to.
As for his parents, if you do decide to go to their home I don’t know if I would take your child because he shouldn’t be there if things turn out badly. You could try calling or sending them a letter.

2 Likes

Honestly, it’s up to the father if he wants his child to have a relationship with his grandparents. The father chose not to have a relationship with his son and chose not to tell his family, if he did indeed not tell them. You can’t force a relationship. Just be happy with what you have right now. Honestly, if the grandparents knew about the boy and they wanted a relationship, they would’ve reached out.

3 Likes

Try and talk to him about it again and if he ignores you again maybe send them a message with a picture?

I would not involve your son until I was clear about how grandpa and Grandpa react. If it’s not a positive situation it could hurt him emotionally. Sounds like he already has a daddy do his parents accept him if so that’s what is most important.

3 Likes

I would go with DNA in hand.

3 Likes

You told her and she did not respond so me being a mother I would have asked my son and knowing he had been living with you and you were pregnant that would be enough so why do you think you need to try again ijs

1 Like

Introduce your child to his grandparents and if the dad stops helping out financially then time for you to go to court

2 Likes

I’ve been here before. My son was was 8 years old when I had the nerve to say something. Difference is they’ve seen him as a baby but wasn’t told he was their grandchild. They keep in touch seldom but that’s on their terms. I let them do as they wanted. I connected through Facebook.

If the father doesn’t want his family to be part of the child’s life then that should be respected

3 Likes

Just tell them!:100::roll_eyes:

Gosh I’m having a hard time getting past the first sentence on these here posts lately :roll_eyes:
Good grief!

Tell his parents any ways. If he decides to stop paying child support you can take him to court and if they Grant your request then child support will be taken out of his paycheck either weekly or biweekly or monthly. Also let the court know he hasn’t been there at all. If you didn’t put him on your child birth certificate and you didn’t give your child his last name then he doesn’t have any rights to your child.

When I first heard about my oldest grand daughter she was 5 years old…
Her mother showed up to my door and showed me the DNA test . She ask if I would like to meet her…
Being that age I did not want her to cry or feel out of place . So we decided to meet at the park and she played with her Uncle ( my youngest son ) then she came up and sat on my lap and told me that she was happy to have me as a grandma and gave me big hugs and a bunch of kisses.
She turned 20 this month and we still have a good relationship

10 Likes

As a grandmother myself I would want to know.

6 Likes

I would let them know… I would offer them the choice to be around or not. They deserve to know.

3 Likes

What kind of relationship did you have with the parents of your son’s father while you were dating? Did they acknowledge you as his girlfriend, partner, fiancee’ or were you viewed as the next in line who happened to let him move in then you two broke up in such a way that mommy had to come to get him?

Bringing a child into the world is a huge decision and it is essential that you establish a relationship with the dad’s people BEFORE getting pregnant! They may not have the best perception of you depending on what their son has said about you. The fact that he moved long distance away from you while you were carrying his child does not give his parents incentive to get involved. The relationship you are looking to create should have happened 3 years ago. I am skeptical that this will go well for you. Trying to get his parents to be involved in a way that the father won’t is unfair to them. Does the father have other children? Has he done this before? If his family knows this is his M.O. they know his pattern and are not likely to want to fill in the gap for his irresponsibility.

Establish a parenting plan where your son’s father gets to spend time with him (Whether he does it or not.) and allow him to introduce his son to his parents. That is not your job and may not put you in the best light since you have waited this long and went through a whole pregnancy and delivery without their involvement.

When your son is old enough to ask, allow him to reach out through his father, it does not sound like you have enough of a relationship with them to show up on their doorstep with a toddler claiming to belong to their son who has not put forth the effort on his own to bring his son to them.

I think you are asking for trouble and fantasizing about a hopefully pleasant response. What need of your own are you trying to fulfill? Is it worth it to possibly put your son in harm’s way in order to thwart dad? Additionally, if you don’t really know these people, how can you be sure of how they will treat your son? Protect his emotional well-being first! Build a life so fulfilling that he won’t really feel like he is missing anything.

Unfortunately, you procreated with an immature jerk who was not really that into you, you mistook his presence for genuine interest and he definitely is not claiming the child you all created together. He is NOT your friend, he is NOT supportive, and he does NOT care about his child, as of yet! (This kind of man usually wakes up way too late!) Leave it alone, but if your son does meet his dad’s family, let dad handle the introductions, not you!

Be prepared to explain to your son that you had a lapse in judgment in allowing yourself to get pregnant by a responsibility-avoider. Tell your son the best part of connecting with his dad was having a beautiful son to raise! Leave current boyfriend out of it! He can’t give you good advice on his predecessor!

Look for someone who wants to be in your life and your son’s life in such a way that absent folks won’t matter, don’t keep gathering boyfriends, look for a lifetime commitment, not temporary comfort!

2 Likes

If you have their address I would send a card with pictures of your son, and just a little note that you thought they would like pictures of their grandson. Put your phone # on it and they can call if they want to see him and be apart of his life. If your ex decides to stop paying child support than take him to court.

7 Likes

I’ve been through that and I had to tell his brother at 5 months pregnant and met his mother for the first time when I was 7 months pregnant at a tim hortons.

It was awkward as hell, but I wouldn’t change it EVER!

Because of his parents, my sons father is trying to be present.

Is money more important than a relationship with his grandparents?

I don’t get any support whatsoever, and again I would do it all over again the same way -

They have a right to know bc they may want to be there and if they don’t, they don’t and that’s it.
You move on !

My child doesn’t know any different. To him it’s normal that his father lives far and we live in another province.

I never ever talk bad about his father either. There’s no point to that.

Love is way more important than financial support in my opinion.

Although, the support is super helpful, a relationship is way more important than money :blush:

5 Likes

I think you should talk to the grandparents, let them know and see how they feel. I wouldnt show up on their doorstep with your son, because you wont really know their reaction. They may be happy and then again they could decide to not want anything to do with him and your baby does not need to feel that rejection because that is something that will stick with them. Have a conversation with them first. As far as the father goes, in my opinion he should not have a say so about whether they get to meet his parents or not. HE chose not to be apart of his sons life, yes he may send support, but I think he is very selfish and uncaring for his son for trying to give your child the chance to have more family, the possibility of more love. As your son gets older he will ask questions, he will want to know more about his bio dads side of the family, and he could end up being hurt by not just them but by you for not giving him the opportunity to have that chance.
Growing up my siblings and I were kept away from my dads side of the family, they knew about us, some of my dads family tried to see us and it was always a battle because of my mom, so they eventually quit trying to see us. I ended up having resentment for both sides for that. I reconnected with them as I got older and it hurt that I missed out on so many chances of having more memories with my grandpa, because I absolutely loved that man to death and only got to spend a few years with him before he passed away.

Now with my own children I have always tried to include both sides of the family in their life, sadly we have ones that dont even try to be in theirs, so I ultimately made the decision to not have the ones that act that way toward them involved anymore because I had my baby hurting and questioning why they were the way the were. I will always stand up for my kids and do everything possible to keep them happy, and to know they are loved.
Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to let you know my experience. Ultimately it is your decision, you are his mommy and only want the best for him. So with that said, like I mentioned before, you reach out to them on your own with out your sons involvement at first. That way you can get to know them, get to know their opinions about it and whether or not it will benefit your child or hurt him. You will have to take that step because I do not see your ex willing to try. I’m not saying hes a bad person, I mean he does try to support him, but a child needs more than money. He needs love. I dont understand why he would try and his son of that opportunity. I do wish you the best of luck and pray everything works out for you and ultimately your sweet child!

Tell his parents, they deserve to know. They might want a relationship with their grandchild, be prepared for it to go either way though. They’ll either want to get to know him or won’t want anything to do with him there isn’t going to be an in between. The boundaries he puts up with his parents to not hear about the child and see photos are conversations they’ll have privately and don’t really involve you.

1 Like

Take him to court to establish support through the court system, have it taken out of his paycheck automatically and once that set up… Let grandparents know

1 Like

For medical reasons it is important. Make contact, and do not ask if they want a relationship or anything. Simply let them know that you have a child with thier son and in his best interest you are seeking information from the paternal side of the family regarding medical history. Attach a couple forms like you fill out at the doc.
(I grew up in the Foster system too, but I knew some information on my maternal side but not my paternal side when I adopted children out of the Foster system and dealing with medical dental and psychiatric I learned that there’s a lot of importance in having knowledge of family med/psych history.) I would send the brief concise note explaining the reason for contact and that you have attached some forms they can fill out without thier names out of respect for privacy. I would end it by stating I would truly appreciate the med and information and even any family history you fel like sharing. thank you for your time and consideration. Respectfully, your name. Add a small ps:. Here is a picture of my son, if you would like information about him, feel free to ask. add a small cute pic with no info on the back paper clipped to the note.
Send it in a manilla envelope with a self addressed stamped return envelope because that makes it easy for them they just fill out the forms and send it back and maybe even a note with their own questions just don’t refer to the child as their grandson their son son or anything other than the words my son cuz that’s exactly what he is your son. Good luck :gift_heart:

3 Likes

Maybe get a 3rd party to reach out and if they want to know more they will reach you. That way you can say you didn’t directly tell them

2 Likes

If he stops paying child support if you choose to do this then go through court for it.

5 Likes

Send a letter with some pictures and your contact info let them decide

10 Likes

I would reach out. Send a card or note. Something simple with a picture with no pressure just letting them know and a phone number or something. That way when their ready (because it might take time to process) they can call and set something up with you.

3 Likes

A relationship with his grandparents is more important than money. Even then, if he stops paying willingly you can always have the courts push it.

They have a right to know that they have a grandchild, if they choose not to be a part of his life, that’s their choice but it’s their choice to make.

5 Likes

If they haven’t gotten in touch with you before now they don’t want involvement. Why would you want to put someone in and out your kids life anyway if they are already happy without them. My kids are 8&2 and know NONE of my adopted family. They are slowly getting to know my bio family through me but that’s different.

3 Likes

Well he can’t be that supportive if he can’t tell his parents that y’all have a kid together ??!! Show up on the grandparents front steps and let them know you have their grandchild

1 Like

Give him a time frame to tell them and come clean. After that time frame is up, contact them yourself. If I had a grand baby, id want to know. Regardless of who it was with and whether they were together or not. If he starts shit about child support, let him. You can always take him to court for it, where he doesn’t have the choice to not pay it. This isn’t about him. It’s about the child deserving a chance at having the love and emotional bond and support of his family. For your ex, it’s not his decision, but rather that of his parents.

1 Like

Write a letter informing them of their grandchild and pop it into their mailbox. Do a lovely run down of what he likes and doesn’t like. Include a photo and leave your contact details. Leave the ball in their court, should they want something to do with your son they can contact you :grin:

5 Likes

As a grandmother, i would want to know. Talk to them but without your son present. See what their reaction is. If the reaction is no interest, then FINE. NOTHING LOST. BUT if they show an interest, your son has a lot to gain.

8 Likes

As an adult who never met her father or grandparents, its not worth it. I messaged his parents through ancestry a while back and immediately got blocked. It’s better to just explain to the kid (once he is old enough to understand) that they -chose- not to be around

7 Likes

Girl Don’t ask his permission go tell them he no longer has control over you what you do or say to anyone just do it

4 Likes

Tell the grandparents they have a right to know there grandson .

2 Likes

I think you should leave well enough alone. Focus on you and your child period.

5 Likes

He can’t be that good of a person if he only financially helps your child. U ain’t got nothing to loose but ya child has and is missing out on grandparents

7 Likes

If you said it in front of her, they know. They just don’t care. Honestly, after knowing how bad things can get in court, if you’ve got it good, keep it that way.

15 Likes