How Do I Go About Terminating My Unborn Baby's Father's Parental Rights, Since He Doesn't Want to Be Involved?

Do not put his name on the birth certificate

1 Like

If u Are not married he doesn’t have any
But dont put his name on anything

Tell them you dont know who father is. No name on birth certificate

3 Likes

Well here in NC, unless you’re married he does NOT have to go on the birth certificate…claim you don’t know who the father is and go on with life. Later on if he wants rights he can file for a paternity test through thr court…

Do not put him on the BC. That’s all you have to do. No father listed means that if he wants rights he has to go to court to get them. Do not even tell him when you go into labor

5 Likes

Don’t worry about him and just raise your child :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

He has to give up his own rights as you have absolutely no control over that at all. LegalShield is a great app that gives you access to a ton of lawyers for 25$ a month. I would start there.

Just have him sign away his rights & have it notarized. Simple.

He has to do it. And yes he does have rights, married or not, once paternity is established and he is deemed to be the child’s father.

Don’t let him sign the babys birth certificate at all. That’s important. Then talk to a lawyer. Usually they will try to hold a court hearing. If he doesnt show, or if the hearing goes in your favor, all his rights will be waived. Just make sure you have proof as well, like messages or call logs.

1 Like

Don’t put him on the Birth Certificate and don’t have him fill out a Paternity Acknowledgement.

1 Like

Don’t put his name on the birth certificate don’t even answer any calls and don’t call him don’t and let him sign the birth certificate

You have to go to court… Prove paternity and have the child legitimized…and then the court proceed with removing rights…

2 Likes

Don’t put name on birth cirtificate, if he wants rights hel have to take you to court… Its hard to Take rights away. Have to prove completely unfit, most can’t even sign their rights away unless another man is stepping up and signs that he’ll take the responsibility of the child.

You cannot remove them without going to court, but he can sign them over. Removing rights includes financial support.

1 Like

If he has said he doesnt want to be there, keep those messages. Dont put him on the birth certificate. Change your number and be done. At that point he has to file to get rights and if you can prove he said he didnt want anything to do with the baby they likely wont grant it.

Literally had my friend go thru the same thing and this is what she did. Judge turned him down quick

He doesn’t have rights if you aren’t married. Dont put name on birth certificate. He will have to take you to court and get DNA

You can not put him on birth certificate…but later he can petition to prove paternity and then gain the same rights as you have . you can have him not sign , you can ask if he will relinquish his rights, and/or if he has been made aware that this is his child, deoending on the circumstances of he makes no attempt to contact the child after so long…you can petition for his rights to be terminated due to abandoment.

He doesn’t have any if u don’t put him on birth cert

1 Like

Unknown on birth certificate. If he later wants rights he can have a paternity test and add his name then

Nothing you can do until the child is born. Once the child is born you can not put him on the birth certificate but if you get any kind of state assistance they would go after the father but talk to a lawyer to see what you can do.

1 Like

While here in Colorado you can have them sign a document from the courts. My daughters father didn’t sign the birth certificate either

easy just say you dont know who the father is.

2 Likes

Dont put him on the birth certificate. You dont have to put any name down for the father

2 Likes

Do not put him on the birth certificate and dont give your child his last name. Make the father do it the hard way, DNA test and court

3 Likes

Just remember No Rights = No financial support/responsibility

3 Likes

Dont put him down as the father leave it unknown

1 Like

I’m from canada! All you have to do is leave the fathers name blank on the birth certificate. Nothing you can really do about rights, unless he physically signs them away himself. Which would be a court process.

1 Like

Just leave his name off of the birth certificate.

3 Likes

Get a lawyer . I’m in TN and u cant termination a fathers right without having someone to step in as a father. Doing so bastardized the child.

2 Likes

If you just never identify him as the father, he won’t have any rights to take away and if he wants rights later he would have to fight for them

3 Likes

I say since he wants to act like a bitch, keep those messages, do not put his name on the birth certificate, get child support.

I’m in Alberta Canada. I filed my baby’s paperwork with no father named and all was good!

1 Like

He has no rights until he signs the birth certificate or takes you to court for paternity. When they ask about a father for the birth certificate tell them there isn’t one. You’re the only person with rights to your baby right now.

Leave the fathers name on the birth certificate has unknown

1 Like

Nah girl. He NEEDS TO PAY FOR THE BABY HE HELPED create sorry. He doesn’t get to just bounce out.

1 Like

Dont put his name on the birth certificate and put u k own for the father he will have to take u to court for rights and paternity

1 Like

In VA… if you’re unmarried; father has to sign and AOP (acknowledge of paternity) if a DNA test isn’t established in the hospital in order to sign the birth certificate. If the father is not present to sign the BC, you leave the fathers name blank. You can petition the courts to establish paternity, once that’s done, you can then file for child support. He doesn’t have to be apart of the child’s life physically but you can still hold him responsible financially. Also, if you file support here through DCSE they make you establish paternity in order to get support if not father is on the BC.

3 Likes

Just don’t put him on the birth certificate and also he can also sign over his rights as well if he doesn’t want any. But also consider things like child support if that is something you have thought about. Every state is different with things so I would def do some research for the state you live in.

Review the the law… he still has rights even if not on the birth cert… he can sign his rights away after the child is born… and you will want him to do this. I wanted my fiancee to adopt my daughter. Her bio dad is not birth cert. I would have still had to inform him of my intentions and give him the opportunity to try to claim rights…

All these comments about put unknown on the birth certificate is sad :pensive:. I really get that he doesnt want nothing to do with the baby but stil that baby will grow up and one day want to know who its dad is. So please dont put unknown. Leave it blank and write a note and put t with the birth certificate for when baby is older. Imagine u die suddenly and havent yet told the poor kid who their father is and why hes not apart of the childs life.
I dont know what it’s like in other countries but in the UK for the father to be on the childs birth certificate the father has to be present at the time of registration. If they ain’t there then u cant put him on the birth certificate.

4 Likes

Don’t put him on the birth certificate

Have an attorney file papers

Even though my child’s father did not sign the birth certificate, I still had to file for Termination of Parental Rights through my attorney. I’m not sure how laws differ in Canada though. Good luck with everything!

Just leave the father in blank and if down there road he does want rights then he needs to go to court. Through that he would have to go through the process of a dna test to establish paternity and then it would go through court as a custody hearing

2 Likes

Don’t do anything. If he doesn’t want rights then he just won’t be there

1 Like

Leave his name off the birth certificate and it will be as unknown therefore he will have no rights to the child. If his willing to make decisions and have rights it will need to be taken through family law courts and a DNA test will need to be performed on his behalf.

3 Likes

Girl have that beautiful baby get the dna test or however ur suppose too do it put his sorry ass on child support and wash ur hands of that trash :wastebasket: raise ur baby with all ur love he/she will always know who mommy is goodluck :heart::heart_eyes::fairy:t5:

5 Likes

Tell him to man the fuck up and be a father if he’s not gonna be one physically then he can be one financially he helped make the child he doesn’t get to worm out of it just because he doesn’t want to have a baby he should’ve put a fucking condom on, Get a paternity test request child support and get a restraining order

I’m from Ontario. My ex did same thing when I was 5 months pregnant.
I did not need to put him on birth certificate which is perfect for getting a passport for your beautiful child. Just get a long form birth certificate when needed.
If you put his name on it, you will have to get him to sign the passport paperwork I believe.
Her " father" came back 12 years later. Because he was not on birth certificate, he needed to get a DNA done.
But my lawyer had asked me why I didn’t file for Sole Custody when she was young. Please do that.
My ex wanted joint custody after abandoning her. Because of her age, he didn’t have a leg to stand on, but if she was younger, the court COULD have possibly granted that along with visitation.
The Judge can force you to put his name on the birth certificate as per my lawyer.
I didn’t go after support until he wanted to be part of her life.

4 Likes

Just dont put him on the birth certificate. Or ya know just do it anyway and he can go through court to terminate his rights

1 Like

If thats what you want, then don’t put him on the birth certificate.

1 Like

If you aren’t married he has no rights - & don’t put him on the birth certificate.

1 Like

If you haven’t given birth you can simply put “father unknown” on the birth certificate.

3 Likes

It happen to my sister and she left the father space empty and she gave my niece her last name instead of his father last name so if he wants one day to have something to do woth her he as to past a dna test and past thru the law but its been 14 years now and never show up

Get a lawyer and know all of your rights and his. You’re gonna get mixed into from facebook and every situation is different, also varies on your state.

4 Likes

Depends on what state you’re in. For instance, Alabama will not allow bastardization. So your only option is to leave the father off of the birth certificate. If you put him on there, he can only sign his rights over to someone else, similar to adoption. The only way to remove his rights without having someone to take them is prove him unfit. In other words, if you put him on the birth certificate, you can’t just un-do his rights

Put on birth certificate forms father unknown.

My 1st born missed the birth and refused to sign. he has no rights unless he takes me to court, that was 16 yrs ago.

Your child deserves to have the chance at a relationship with both parents. Sometimes people grow up and realize they made mistakes and want to make them right. Alot of the comments here make me sick to read.

3 Likes

He has no rights as of right now since you haven’t given birth

Doesmt matter if he is on the. Birth certificate or not.
That is a misconception!!! He has rights ALL fathers have rights. Soon as baby is born. He can file for a court date, get a paternity test, force you to put him on the birth certificate and will ne forced to allow him to see the child.

2 Likes

He just doesn’t want to pay for his kid, put his name on birth cert anyway your kid should know who it’s dad is!!

2 Likes

Don’t add his name to birth certificate. Some lawyers w give free advice on this. Let him come to you. It sucks but let him peace out .

1 Like

I’m pretty sure all you have to do is not put him on birth certificate. I’m from Ontario.

Dont put him on the birth certificate he will have no rights

2 Likes

Don’t put him on birth certificate

Just because he doesn’t want anything to do with the child, you shouldn’t make it difficult for the child to know who its father is. Putting unknown on birth certificate will do more damage to the child.
Go and see a family court lawyer, and apply for child support because children are not cheap, you’re going to need help supporting the child as it grows.

6 Likes

I’m in MTL too… the father of my son did the same thing… I just didnt put his name on the birth certificate and have never been bothered by him in 14 years lol

Not sure if you have any other kids but. My daughters father had rights. We’re at 12 years later and He was not a good father right from the start and passed away a few months ago from an overdose. Knowing what I know now, I would suggest that if In the future he changes his outlook, give him his time with that baby. It’s crushing to see your baby not have her father around and then lose all hope of a better future with him. But it’s his choice - either be there 100% or not at all. Intermittent parenting is far to confusing for these babes. :heart:

1 Like

Well I live in the USA so I’m not 100% sure but I just didn’t add the father to my child’s birth certificate (I also was raped by an unknown number of men so I legit didn’t know but besides the point) if he doesn’t fight for rights then you’ll be a single mom with no family court (assuming Canada’s family court system is anything like ours that is) I hope this helps at all :grin:

Here in Texas the father has to be present to put his name on the birth certificate he has to sign an acknowledgment of fraternity so you can’t just put someone one the birth certificate also I’d talk to lawyer bc he could very well come back in a few years and want to be apart of her life if you don’t have full custody he can get rights leaving someone off the birth certificate doesn’t mean they can’t get a dna test and come back later

I am also in Ontario and Just because his name is not on the birth certificate does not mean the father does not have rights!! I know many fathers whos names are not on the birth cert. (My partner being one of them) that still have rights to their child! We have joint custody even though his name is not on the birth certificate. Get the father to sign a form forefitting his rights, you can get this from a family lawyer.

The father of my granddaughter is extremely toxic, along with his family. We have dealt with almost 4 years of court cases. His family is full of pedophiles and molesters.
DO NOT put the father on the birth certificate!!!
I am in Ontario and if you don’t put his name u will be fine

In Ohio if you are not married and he doesn’t sign the birth certificate you automatically have full custody

1 Like

Don’t put his name on the birth certificate. If he changes his mind and his name is on the certificate he can just come take the baby. Just keep all your messages and block him if he wants to see the baby he’ll have to go to court and prove he’s dad.

1 Like

I’m in Saskatchewan canada and my son’s sperm donor has no rights to him. He isn’t on any paper work nor the birth cert and hasn’t had anything to do with him in 3 years. After two years of no contact it’s abandonment and he would loose his rights regardless.

1 Like

I never put his name on there birth certificate they are 16 triplets. And 13. He has nothing to do with them his loss.

Don’t put his name on the birth certificate and get a court order saying you have full custody.

They will always have rights unless they “sign them away”.

1 Like

Simple. Don’t put him on the birth certificate. No claim to child if no name is listed.

3 Likes

Keep him off the birth certificate.

He has no automatic rights if he doesn’t live with baby for the first year…

In the US if yall aren’t married and you don’t put him on birth certificate he will have no rights unless yall go to court and he would have to pay for DNA test and everything.

3 Likes

Do not put his name as the father on birth certificate.

2 Likes

If he pays support and goes 2 years with out seeing child u can take him to court and have his rights removed that’s in Michigan anyway. In Texas it’s 1 year they get it for abandonment an loose rights

1 Like

Stop playing God.also abso disgusting the fact that ‘parents’ are actually trying to help with this matter. When a ‘mother’ does this - its pretty clear she does not have her childs’ best interest in mind.

4 Likes

I know he would have to get a dna regardless cause he not signing any paternity or the birth certificate. You can’t leave it blank, they won’t allow you. I don’t know if they would allow you to put him there without his knowledge. So it would say unknown father. And he or you don’t have more rights than the other til you go to court unfortunately this is how it works when your not married and they can’t do this before the child is born. You’d go to court, they would place a dna and at that time he can choose to relinquish his rights away. That’s the only way.

Just dont put his name on it he needs to get it court ordered

Aslong as you dont let him sign that birth registration when baby is born he wont have any rights.

1 Like

If he really wants to give up his kid officially he needs to go through the courts after the child is born and paternity is confirmed. Financial obligations would probably still apply. Or you can put father unknown on the birth certificate he would not have immediate financial obligations and could can still have a chance to change his mind and get a dna test further down the road. The latter is probably easier and gives him a chance to do the right thing eventually. Although the back support would add up pretty quick if he chooses to seek a relationship later on.

Even though the child is urs u can get legal guardianship

Don’t add him to the birth certificate.

He may have to be present to sign the forms for the birth certificate, if hes not present you cant have his name on it, i dont think its allowed. So no to the lady who says this mamma is play God, shes not, there are protocols to be followed.

Don’t do it , he still owes your child money. I understand you can do it alone but it’s your child right to have that money. Store in his saving account and give it all to him when he’s 18 years old. The " father " can be a total deadbeat but HE will give your child what belongs to him.

Just as a starter don’t put his name on the birth certificate.

If you arent married just dont put him on the birth certificate. If his name isn’t on it then he has no rights to your child unless he goes to court and does a DNA test. If it comes back hes the father then hell automatically be put on the certificate.

Go on with your life you don’t need him

Just simply dont list him on the birth certificate.