How Do I Go About Terminating My Unborn Baby's Father's Parental Rights, Since He Doesn't Want to Be Involved?

If you don’t want child support just don’t put him on the birth certificate. That takes away all his rights basically, then block him on everything and don’t contact or send anything to him

nah let him pay child support

Alot of people are saying “don’t put his name on the birth certificate”. At some point, your child will see his birth certificate and want to know why it’s blank. The baby has a father. If he wants his rights removed so badly, HE can pay for the courts to remove his rights with your approval. Your “approval” can stipulate he deposit $_____ into a college fund first, then your sign. He helped create the child, he can at least make sure the child goes to college.

I’m from Ohio, so things may be different but… my 4yr old son’s dad didn’t want to sign his birth certificate because we were not together and so I had to put unknown. However, in Ohio, if you ever try to get assistance from the state such as insurance or food stamps for the child they will go after anyone you think is the child’s dad and force them to get a dna test and make him pay child support to pay for the assistance you are needing. And if you ever marry and want the man to adopt your child he can not until the father completely signs over his rights so you will have to hunt him down and make him go to court. All things that I’ve been through so just giving my experience advice. I know it’s emotional and crappy of him hang in there love!

He only wants NO RIGHTS SO HE DONT HAVE TO PAY

Give that baby your name not his if you do put his name then he has rights if you get back together he can adopt the baby if he wants in his life

Well…you could shoot him?

Oh wait you are in Quebec so you can’t do that.
Hmmmm…tell him he’s not the real father?

Just kidding you can’t shoot him.

Don’t put him on the birth certificate. Simple as that. If the hospital asks about the father you don’t know who it is :woman_shrugging:t3:

I went through this in Montreal. Do not put his name on any documentation regarding the baby! Seek legal advice in regards to access of information and block him from access. Ensure that your child’s rights to privacy are protected. The father will appear later, asking questions and wanting access. They always do. Give your child YOUR name only and block the father and his family from any access or info regarding your child!

Everybody saying to leave all his info off the birth certificate need to keep in mind at some point in this childs life he/she may want to or need to know things about thier father. Its easy to give up parental rights in court. My first wifes ex did it by signing a letter her lawyer drew up.

1 Like

Stop sleeping with trash dudes

Look you have so many options… but in my humble opinion through it all you’ll regret it in 5,10,15, or perhaps 20yrs. Let Gid walk you through this chapter in life with no anger, no disappointment and no resentment towards the father of your child. After all if it wasn’t for him you’d not be expecting such a blessing. One day he will maybe want to be a part of this child’s life and we are nobody to say they can’t be. Let time heal the wound and let time not destroy your child’s happiness. It’s a burden on the children’s social, health, emotional, physical and mentally life to go through bitter back n forth dramas. Have faith in the Lord when one door closes one is already open and waiting for your entrance. The power to happiness is forgiveness, humbling yourself and having faith in yourself and on the Lord. When the child grows up if the father never comes let him decide if he wants his name still on him or not or if he wants anything with him. You need to just show him the way in life through kindness, forgiveness, faith and goal oriented that’s the power r to true happiness for your future baby. You don’t need his money you don’t need nothing if he is going to be forced to do it. You’ll be fine trust me I speak for experience in this topic. Allow yourself to be happy by not looking for a can of worms to open. Bless whatever you decide.

In PA, and most other states, a father’s parental rights will not be terminated by the court unless there is someone else to take his place financially, usually a stepparent who adopts the child. A mother cannot bargain away a child’s right to support. The fact that the father’s name is not on the birth certificate is irrelevant. Barring a showing that the father is unfit, if he wants contact with the child, he can go to court and get it.

False. I’m in Canada and a judge let my ex walk out of the child’s life with no child support.

Check your country/state laws. In some states, if you are married at the time of the child’s birth, the child is your husband’s even if you have not been together in years. In a lot of places, if you apply for support services (food stamps, child care subsidies, etc). the state will seek seek to identify the biological father to establish paternity and support. Support can be reduced if you do not cooperate with either though there are Good cause clauses if there is a threat of domestic violence. Talk to legal aid and find out the laws in your area.

I terminated my son’s donors rights. I got an attorney to do the paperwork and provided whatever documentations needed. I had to get a form notarized with mine and his signature. After that I got my court date and he didn’t show which is better anyway. So if he truly wants nothing to do with your baby then he should have no issues signing and just let him know he does not have to show for court. The judge will ask you why your child is better without his father and you will give your best response including the fact that he didn’t feel the need to show for court and that you understand fully that you will not get any financial support from him nor do you need it. I had no issues but my son’s donor had no fight in him. I was working 2 jobs and had moral support from my family. I also did not include him on the birth certificate and I gave him my maiden name. It cost me roughly 2grand. Best of luck and I hope things go well for you.