How do you cope with loss?

How do you cope with loss when you don’t do drugs anymore (5yrs), don’t drink anymore trying to diet, can’t eat comfort food because diet, don’t eat anything because no appetite from depression but hey it’s helping the diet, can’t sleep because the spot next to you that was filled the last 19 months is empty, jump at the sound of anything that could be them, can’t talk to anyone without seeing the sympathy in their face because they know you are hurting and that kills you inside with shame even more, can’t clean or cook because absolutely nothing feels right anymore, can’t make one store transaction without wiping eyes a hundred times trying to hide tears leaking, taking long showers just to cry, taking the long way driving home because you can’t stand to be home, literally cannot do anything because the feeling of what’s missing is overbearing

299 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How do you cope with loss? - Mamas Uncut

You find a really good therapist to help you grieve. This sounds like grief love.

You have SURVIVED so much already, you can do this :brown_heart:

4 Likes

Talk to our Creator our eternal Father God :purple_heart: he’s always there. I’m praying for you :100::two_hearts:

6 Likes

If there is a beach near u, go there and just sit. I found the beach so healing. The sound of the waves, the smell. Some days I’d walk some days is just sit, some days I’d cry like there’s no tomorrow. But no matter what, the beach was always there and I didn’t feel like I was a burden to anyone to cry there. I sometimes feel like I am boring now all the “fun” stuff gone, but the achievement is there. I started a gratefulness thing where everyday I’d find one thing from that day I’m grateful for. Start off small. Just one day at a time x

6 Likes

Get Your Grounding at the Beach bare feet it’s the Best Feeling ever Earthing . Crying Washs Tears of the Soul. DO THINGS that make you Happy

3 Likes

Puppies are an excellent resource! Finally just got mine. Registered as a service dog already. Responsibility is an exhausting thing when trying to cope with loss but sometimes it can also give you a reason to get up, a reason to go to sleep and a reason to keep going because something or someone rely on you.

1 Like

Therapy is your best bet. Talking to someone and learning coping skills are the best thing for you right now. :heart:

seek grief counseling, get some coping skills and then start re-building your life. get a new bed so your mind isn’t expecting him to be there when you go to bed. you don’t have to suffer through this, talk to your Dr for assistance to get counseling.

3 Likes

You do what comforts you and head into counseling to learn other methods to help.

1 Like

Get a pupppppppy already ! :gift_heart:I promise it will help

These are normal feelings. Although they feel like they are killing you… they aren’t… for now it’s one day, one moment at a time…give yourself permission to be sad… to be angry, to be whatever it is you feel… you need to feel them in order to be healthy on the other side of this… just remember… feeling change, everything changes… and you just have to make it through this moment. Look up stages of loss and grief… may help you know… your feelings are normal… best wishes… :hugs::pray:

9 Likes

Don’t be afraid of medication if it is offered, I used to fight it, go years without it… But now that I have accepted it is a lifetime thing my moods are more stable and the nightmares stopped.

2 Likes

Go to a shelter and volunteer your time with animals. You may bond with one to help you cope. Therapists… or church.

2 Likes

Talking to God always helps me

5 Likes

A puppy or a kitten, if there is another heartbeat in the house relying on you, it gives you a reason to wake up and live life everyday, knowing that they need you. My heart aches for you and I hope you find the peace you are looking for :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Therapy.

In the meantime, treat yourself kindly. Eat the comfort food, take the long drive, sleep on the couch, let yourself cry. This too shall pass.

1 Like

I’d go to counceling and theorpy
& Also do things you enjoy
So like listen to music
Go get pampered
Go out with friends and family xx

1 Like

Smoke weed. Helps the mind to wander.

5 Likes

only from experience of loosing a husband of 20 years suddenly
you take one day at a time
you don’t consume yourself with sadness you find one thing in your day to make you smile or laugh
you take a walk then you take longer walks
you look forward day by day
don’t have expectations of how you should feel and slowly let time heal xxx

4 Likes

Wqlk loads deep in the countryside… park up and walk and walk and walk some more… exercise at home. Get plenty of sleep. Sleep all day if you have to. Go to the beach the mountains. And most importantly speak to him :heart:

1 Like

Prayer and a counselor. Also the support of love ones. It might not be easy, but it usually gets harder going through it alone. Isolation is one of the worst things you can do. If you have one person you call to say hey I need you to sit with me in silence. Or please when I come over try not to show that you’re sympathetic because it reminds me of the loss. There are also support groups of others going through the same thing out there. They help more than you know. Give yourself some grace in it. If you need a couple of days to eat a comfort meal or two it’s ok. It’s better than not eating at all, so if it gives you any kind of appetite go for it. It doesn’t mean you failed on your weight loss journey because you take a moment to treat yourself. Sometimes it’s those small moments you begin to piece together. When you’re up to it, practice self care. Be patient with yourself. You’re rediscovering you and a new norm for you. You’re healing and have been through something traumatic. Praying for your strength, peace, and healing.

1 Like

I am dealing with loss right now as well. I have to say prayer, meditation and positive thinking are helping me through it. I pray to God as often as I need asking Him to give me the strength to get through it. I use a meditation app to help me relax and sleep. I remind myself as often as I need to that I am blessed and life goes on. God still has a plan for me and He wants to see me fulfill my purpose.
Keep your head up. Offer yourself grace and be kind to yourself. Take the time you need to grieve. Remember, no one else can tell you how to grieve.

3 Likes

Hospice has a program for those coping with loss. It’s amazing.

I lost my husband of 35 years, 4 years ago. I took moment by moment and day by day. Some days I have prayed more than others, surrounded myself with family and friends, worked harder than I think I ever have, cleaned the house a whole lot. Anything to keep your mind busy some days, sometimes it’s therapeutic to just remind yourself of the person you’re grieving for and just cry. The beach does help if that’s an option. Pretty much anything that makes you feel a little bit better. It’s been 4 years for me and some days are still hard to get through.

1 Like

:pray:t3::sob: Lnow this all to well

But not the 19 yrs of someone by my side

Don’t have time to write everything right now

Praying
Struggling wi try this too right now with 3 major things

God be with everyone going thru this

One thing I can tell you is there is no right way to grieve. Love doesn’t go away even when the person does. You do what you need to do day to day just to get by. Feel it scream be angry cry. There’s no time limit for grief. You can be fine years down the road and a smell a song can rip that wound right open again. You honor their memory with the feelings of love you carry for them. Cherish your memories they are treasures we get to keep. At some point some memories that made you cry and ache deeply may make you smile and be grateful for the time you got to have them. It may not be today and the pain of their loss may not ever go away but that’s just proof they were here and their presence made an impact.

2 Likes

Heres a group that might help u, it doesn’t have to be husband, ppl have lost bf/partners, not sure if u were married,sorry for your loss x

Oh queen. I wish there something we could say or do to help you feel better but there isn’t. Grieve is long and unique journey for all of us. There is no right or wrong way. You need to talk to someone though, or get out some of your emotions somehow. Maybe journaling or singing music you can relate too. What state are you in? I’d like to put in some call lines so you have someone to talk to if you decide too. 

4 Likes

Sending you so many huge huge hugs. One day at a time. Cry wherever u want your human you have feelings xx

2 Likes

Ik this will sound harsh but only you can make the changes. Maybe take a whole day and do every last thing different than you did, find something to keep your mind occupied, and be determined to grow. Know that you only get one life and if not lived to the fullest you’re wasting precious time. As a recovered addict/alcoholic I will say that you need to be even more determined that those things were never of any kind of assistance. I see how you wrote that and personally I see you saying this would be easier with those being an option. That’s the first step towards self destruction. Facing any loss is hard but know the person you lost would not want this for you so to honor them you have to find your first step to the next chapter of life. Dont lose yourself trying to recover from another loss, its wasteful. I’m sure many will say this is easier said than done but I am speaking from personal losses where the grief is unexplainable and will never go away, but you also have to keep living. Especially if you have those who need or rely on you. If you need therapy, get it. No doubt anyone with risk factors of relapse should take advantage of any assistance they can get.

1 Like

Counseling, self care, a hobby or a job to occupy my mind, friends. Remember it is okay to cry but try to remember the good times, the laughter, the smiles, the love, and tell yourself that they’d want you to have that smile on your face again and they’re waiting to hear your laughter again. It isn’t easy, go one day at a time, but just keep moving forward. Watching the water at a water fall of a beach tends to calm me and clear my mind a bit so maybe try to find something that can help calm yours. Medications help if needed, praying if you’re into religion, also meditation and yoga are good options as well. I do something every year to honor my two angels and the love of my life and that helps me to know they’re still in my heart and soul and not forgotten.

1 Like

What has your individual therapist recommended? If you’re already doing what they are recommending you may want to consider a higher level of care. Maybe shift to dbt based therapy or a dbt program. Inpatient if individual hasn’t worked so far. I guess I don’t know if you have done any recovery work or if all you did was stop using drugs. Start wherever you left off.

Seek counselling. I know it must be so difficult but try and remember the good times x

I am not religious, so won’t give spiritual advice, if the loss is a death and not a break up or something else, I find spending time planning something to honour the loved ones memory. To do something to remember them, something they enjoyed or something that makes you think of them. For example, I planted one of my father’s favourite trees in his memory, I spent several weeks choosing the right one. I am American and he passed a month before I got married and moved to Scotland, so I could not go to the cemetery when I wanted. So when my Mom died a few years later, I spent time sorting through roses to find the exact yellow rose for her, a climbing yellow rose that I planted at the base of my Dad’s tree. When a friend passed, who loved to hike and grew orchids, we organised a day hike in his memory and each person shared a pic of an orchid the loved and shared one of their favourite memories of him. It really does not matter what it is, it is the time you spend thinking about the perfect thing to do to remember them, to honour them, and then doing it…it does not have to cost money or it can…just spend the time thinking of the best thing to honour them, research to find the best thing, place, or whatever, and start organising it. Filling the time can help, maybe learning a new thing, a craft, a language, take an evening class, join a book club or go volunteer somewhere to help others while it helps you get through the grieving process. Allow yourself to grieve, do not try and numb yourself to it because that only backfires and just postpones you dealing with the grief later on and numbing yourself with drugs, alcohol or food only hurts you physically and you will still end up having to go through the grief at some point, numbing is only self destructive. If you are really struggling and cannot find anything that helps and you are just overwhelmed, a bereavement group or a grief therapist can be really helpful too, giving you the support and tools to help you get through the grief. Allow yourself to feel what you are feeling, there is no right or wrong things to feel and remember, there is no strict time limit for grieving. I have found writing letters or a diary also helped me. In the early stages I would write how I was feeling, how difficult it was, all my thoughts, etc. I would write them letters, saying the things I would want to tell them if they were still here, silly things that would have made them laugh, the serious stuff, everything. If it is something really private you write and would not want anyone to accidentally come across it, once you have written it, you could (safely) burn it. If you are spiritual or religious, you could see it as a way of sending the letter to them. And physical activity when you get to the anger stage can make a big difference and be a safe way to get the anger out without hurting yourself or others. Go for a speed walk if you are able bodied, if in a wheelchair, go for a “walk” where you are self propelling and find a route that allows you to go up a hill. Go to the gym and get a full workout, go for a hard bike ride, chop wood, dig a hole, etc. Anything that takes some physical effort, really, to exhaust and spend all that energy. I hope this helps.

1 Like

I’ve been grieving the loss of my mother for almost 4 years now. When my mom first died I got back into heavy drugs after being free of them for 8 years… grief can drag u out of a high place and throw u into the ground faster then an mma fighter. After 3 months of binge doing drugs trying to x my self from the world. I came back and quit cold turkey. 4 yrs sober from heavy drugs. I have smoked weed for 16 years and I just quit. 5 days ago I also quit drinking pop because it’s destroying my teeth and people are starting to acuse me of being on heavy drugs again. Makes me wanna fall back onto drugs but life isn’t worth it. How I stay happy when I am down. I play with my kids out side. Or go for a bike ride with them. Or if it’s raining and I can’t get my mind off things I dive into very hard video games that takes up my concentration. I couldn’t eat or sleep. Still can’t sleep hence the 5am wake up everyday. When I’m feeling alone cause I have no one. No friends. No family. No siblings near me. I play games that can headset converse with so I’m not alone. I come to this page and others to scroll and help others get through there worst time period because I have had no one I always take it upon my self to try and comfort someone in distress.

1 Like

Please try a thankful list, as for the cleaning do one little thing. Kitchen dirty wash one dish and be thankful you got it done.
When missing this person try thinking of what they would want you to do or they would say.
You might need to talk to your doctor. I hate to say it but maybe he/she can give you something to help with getting thru this .

1 Like

Healthy coping mechanisms: walking, writing, painting, creating music, therapy, focus on positive things, volunteer and get your mind off yourself.

3 Likes

Therapy and quite possibly medication

3 Likes

My last paycheck was $16997 working 20 hours a week online. My sisters friend has been averaging 15k for months now and she works about 20 hours a week. I can’t believe how easy it was once I tried it out.

For Details >>>> https://cashfia27.netlify.app/

My dad passed in jan and I think being there through it all up to the very end was so traumatic for me personally that I was at the point where I had the utmost respect for life and how death can take anyone at any time. I had a huge cry and felt like it was the end of the world at first. My dad was my everything. But then I woke up one day and realized that no matter how I feel and no matter what I do, he won’t be back. So. I do my best to make each day the best I can. I think of him often and push through because that is what he would want me to do. I refuse to let his exit take control of my life. I want to move forward and live MY life to its fullest and I miss him every day, but I choose to get up and give each day my best.

12 Likes

Time for a vision quest. Sit in semi lotus position palms resting on knees, close eyes and just breathe gently.

Journalling, art and music, also talk about it

I’m so sorry. Grief is both a hard and a beautiful thing, because you obviously loved this person very much. I would definitely see about counseling and try to go outside as much as you can, even if it’s just walking to the mailbox. It’s also okay to sit in it and remember how much you loved that person, because the only thing that will help is time. Cherish the time you two had together and write down your thoughts, feed that pain into something creative that you can put your hands into. If you paint, don’t think about it and just put the brush to canvas or dip your fingers into it. If you have someone that can come over and just let you speak, just let you cry and get it out, because some things can’t be fixed easily

My Mom passed 2 weeks ago unexpectedly… A few things you have to do to survive this… 1. BREATHE 2. HYDRATE 3. FORGET THE DIET RIGHT NOW AND EAT. 4. ALLOW YOURSELF TO FEEL WHATEVER COMES TO YOU MINUTE BY MINUTE, 5. GET AT LEAST 5 MINUTES OF SUN ON YOUR HEAD DAILY. It is ok to cry, laugh, scream, be angry, be sad… It does get easier. Talk to someone, anyone… DM me if you don’t have anyone to talk to. I am journaling and coloring. Your grief has levels and there is no time limit so allow yourself to grieve. Talk out loud to your recently departed. Share with them how you are feeling. They may make contact to help ease your pain. You will get through this… Sending you Love and Light…

6 Likes

Here is something I was sent when I lost someone very special too. I often read it when I need to. It helps explain how grief can effect you.

4 Likes

Self love look after you. Emotionally physically spiritually xx

Stay busy with things that interest you… hobbies, friends etc. Low dose Meds and therapy would be helpful too. Lost my son last year, I feel you! :heart:

2 Likes

I know it feels like it will never end, but it will slow down and let you live again. I was depressed after a 27 year loss and I finally was able to get back on track again. It took me over a year and you will always feel the loss, it just won’t be as painful. Look to the Lord if you believe, it saved me.

Congratulations on all you’ve accomplished so far! That’s a lot all at once.

Docs for antidepressants if you’re not on them already. Therapy to get you grounded again.

Force yourself to get outside and walk. Movement and sunshine helps a lot. Puppy would get you doing this, but if you work long hours, might not be the best solution. You could borrow someone’s dog though.

Have friends and/or family live with you for a while so you don’t feel alone.

Plan to redecorate your home to make it different so you have a fun new look that doesn’t remind you of your loss so much. Rearrange furniture, hang new art on the walls, paint an accent wall, instead of our space make it your space.

Yes to gratitude journal. Write something for which you’re thankful every day, then read your list periodically.

Grief counseling and a trip to the doc for antidepressants to get you over the depression. Get in a grief or other kind of support group to not feel alone & to hold you accountable for making slow, steady progress.

Tough times are when you grow the most. Trust that you will come out of this stronger, wiser and more empathetic.

6 Likes

Grief counseling! And make sure you’re taking care of your sobriety and mental health. If you don’t want to eat physical food take vitamins, get a bigger cup of water and meal replacement shakes. Don’t worry about the diet )unless medically necc.) take that off of your stress load. Find a new hobby to help fill your down time. I’m sorry but really you just have to ride the grief rollercoaster. You can get through this! You’ve got strangers, family and friends who will be there for you. Let them know what they can do to help you.

2 Likes

When i lost my daughter I went down a very very dark road for a few months honestly sounds pretty close to your situation except for the first time in my life my parents gave me a place to stay with no questions nothing I laid on their couch for three months under a blanket crying I don’t remember eating I didn’t shower nothing I did move :pleading_face: just asked god why a million times why me why her why ? After a few months I had this Bible sitting in a table that had been in the same spot for I don’t know maybe 20 years it wasn’t just placed their just their no one read it … it was a family Bible handed down for gernations more of a nick nack honestly I grew up and I bad home situation and was homeless from a very young age so this had never been a thing for my family if you get my drift I opened the book about four months in … it was like 1 in the morning or something no one around and I just asked god please help me understand…. I have never been in such a dark place before emotionally mentally ect i was like dead but alive it was bad …. I found the Bible and the first paragraph I read said only the pure in heat will see the face of god my heart shattered my girl was six months …. God is good i then found another store I turned again asked a silent question and came to job… and I new I was not alone god not only answered my question that night but showed me it was going to be ok and the only one hurting and in pain in grief was me my daughter was longer in pain she was with god in a beautiful place and I was the only one morning I highly suggest you just read job it saved my life :pray:t2: god is listening he is hear with use I swear on everything I know I saw him in my life that day !! The parents that abandoned me gave me some where to go people helped people I never new came out of no where I was and have been alone most of my life no really family connections at all no friends due to being shipped around my entire life I have always really been alone and in those three almost four months god place so many miracles in my life I can’t explain Albert Einstein once said, “There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” Which are you going look for ? Nothing is permanent this pain shall pass I promise :sweat:

7 Likes

Therapy helped me tons. You just gotta feel it. You have to be in it for it to pass. Cry it out. You WILL be ok again. You WILL feel happy again. Medication also got me out of a very very dark place. Much love and light to you.

1 Like

If you haven’t already, please find a grief counselor!

I tell my grief clients to be good to yourself, to forgive yourself for not “being able” to get the routine things done. Also contact a Grief Counselor they are trained to be able to lead you through your grief journey. No 2 people have identical journeys but people do pass through the same issues. PM me if you would like a short chat for some help. I am so sorry you have lost a special person but please celebrate the time you did have with them and start smiling at the good memories. It’s difficult but so worthwhile.

2 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss. Missing them never really goes away, but the pain eventually fades.
Trying new things and finding things that help take your focus and mind off the person you’ve lost can help. Start with yourself and make small improvements daily. Go for walks. Animals are extremely therapeutic. Getting a dog would be my first choice. It will give you a purpose you feel you’ve lost, make you accountable, give you companionship, and they sense when you’re sad and have a funny way of making you just feel better.

therapy and maybe antidepressants :hugs:

1 Like

our 37 year old daughter had come home to recover from a brain tumor surgery, had to learn to walk, talk, think, fill in the gaps. after 4 years of seizures, explosive outbursts, constant fear of it returning, finally calming down to try and live, that sunday she walked out of the house barefoot into the snow and was killed in a car accident in front of our house 13 months ago yesterday. cry every minute of every day. no dreams. no hope for the future. she left her three rescue dogs with us that are now the only thing keeping us alive. there are no words. no way to fill the empty space. no way to stop looking at everything in our house without thinking of her. leave the house only to dread coming home to her not there. there is no way to get this to fit into our heads. there is no karma. there is no justice in the universe. there is just life and it can really suck. if you

My last paycheck was $10452 working 20 hours a week online. My sisters friend has been averaging 15k for months now and she works about 20 hours a week. I can’t believe how easy it was once I tried it out.

For Details >>>> https://incomevaleu2.netlify.app/

Sweetie loss my son and it’s the worst feeling ever do your best and live one day at a time u never forget u slows learn to tuck it away but u never forget may god be with u

Talk to a professional soon!!!

2 Likes

For me what helped praying and working out. I went through a separation and then my mom passed away, within :cry: :broken_heart: 6 months.

2 Likes

Coloring, music, rewatching a good show or movie, reorganizing, gardening, rearranging a room in the house, crying is good too… reading… Journaling is good to get it out… big hugs

You find a hobby and a therapist. Once you start doing something and keep at it for a week straight, it becomes routine and it slowly starts to break the depression. Small steps with cleaning. A dresser, or the dishes, or a load of laundry a day. Ask friends and family for help.

3 Likes

After my dad died I started volunteering my time once a week with an organization that helps girls. I feel like it was a little bit of me giving back what I feel was lost in the world when he left. I still feel like a living carcass on most days… my heart hurts every single day. Even when I try to pretend I’m not sad I feel sadder still.

Lexipro changed my life.I always said I would never take antidepressants or anxiety meds.I’m 48yrs old and all these battles I’ve fought left me broken.Try it,it works!

You’ve got this honey. Take one day at a time. It is ok to break down. Find hobbies, interest talk to friends. When I’m going through something it helps me to talk about it even if it’s in the mirrors with a red face and tears rolling. This will not last forever. You will be okay.

1 Like

as a widow, not even one DAY at a time. it’s more like one MOMENT at a time until you get to where it is one day at a time and so on. Take the time to feel and to grieve and I know it hurts: I lost a father in law, husband AND my own father over a just over a year period (5/2016-8/2017) and became a single mom in the process. But most importantly, if you can, find a therapist that specializes in grief and trauma. You CAN do this. I do not know what form of loss you have, if it is a death or an estrangement, but in the former, do you honor them and their memory by caving and giving up? and in the case of the latter, there is no better revenge, than for YOU to show them up and succeed when they are (in most cases) so sure that you will end up failing. I know it is hard. But you CAN do this.

2 Likes

Excersize, biking, painting, drawing, reading.

1 Like

Dance, exercise or go on vacation

So you work a program of recovery? I’m sober 7+ years now and I work a 12 step program and its amazing. I really need it to maintain my mental health.
If not, please get a therapist. They can really help.
When you talk about “coping” you’re actually talking about a crutch. Drugs, food, etc. Those things don’t help us cope. They give a short rush of endorphins but the underlying problem is still there when that wears off. You need to get to the root of the problem and change your mindset. Talk to someone.
Other things can be helpful but it’s short term and the problem will always return. A “thing” doesn’t fix your pain. You do.

2 Likes

Why not N.A. Narcotics Anonymous. They all have had similar issues. You can share there and listen as well. Hugs my friend.

Start some therapy/counseling, it really does help a lot over time. Prayers💜

Grieve, feel your feelings for a while then go to therapy if needed. One day at a time and eventually you’ll start to emerge out of it & back into life. If needed start therapy soon. You can’t rush the process & it’s different for everyone.

1 Like

Seek some help from a therapist, they can help tremendously.

Pls don’t go on a very restrictive diet if you’re suffering emotionally, or just in general. It’s not healthy. Get some excercise and eat whatever makes you feel good.

1 Like

Grief counseling at Hospice Ptbo

2 Likes

Therapy and antidepressant. And I got two dogs, because it distracted me and I had to go out and walk them.

3 Likes

Therapy. 100%. I’m so sorry for what you’re going through. Grief is so joke, and it can’t just be covered up with unhealthy habits and don’t go away with distractions. You need coping mechanisms and techniques to help you face and move through your grief. You can get through it, there’s nothing wrong with asking for help. Treat your mental health like you would your physical health.

3 Likes

As much as it’s hurts, not all things you lose are a loss. :heart:

1 Like

I lost my father recently I have found that going to the beach when I’m feeling down and just sitting watching the water and dolphins brightens my spirits. Take a bike ride down a country road go to a park and read.

2 Likes

Feel it, don’t fight it. Start a workout routine, it helps

1 Like

Exercise, walking 🚶‍♂️

1 Like

It’s a process that is needed one foot at a time and day by day… you’re going , meaning you have the will and hope. You start there and begin you’re on a journey to find yourself again… just by asking these and being self aware is a big huge step to finding you .

1 Like

There is nothing you can do other than try to take care of yourself, focus on the good memories, seek grief counseling and blah blah blah…all the other general ideas given by everyone else. Truth is, it’s a process that is different for everyone. It’s a ache that doesn’t fully go away but you do learn to deal with it over time. Some days are worse than others. Some days you feel that you won’t make it through and some days you realize you have to and will. Some people’s words will help, some will not. No one knows how you feel and no one can tell you how to feel better or understand how you really feel inside. Your heart is broken but it will heal…it will. Take all the time you need to cry alone but don’t give up on living life. Your loved ones still love and need you and he still loves you and needs you to be strong. :bouquet:

2 Likes

Exercise and reading.

Join a volunteer organization. You will be needed again and find joy in helping.

2 Likes

Do not turn to religion in times of grief :woman_facepalming: obviously unless you’re already religious and gave a church. But doing so just for grief is fake and is also the easiest time to pull you in. You NEED therapy asap. You NEED friends and family. You should consider a pet to help fill the void and to give you a reason to move around.

1 Like

Take it 1 second at the time. Try to help more people.Its never easy.Try to do one thing you and your loved one would enjoy. Talk to your loved ones.

Faith and prayer is what gets me through. It’s normal to struggle with loss, but you must take the steps to keep going. You can’t just simply unpack and live there. You didn’t say whether the loss was of a relationship, or someone’s earthly life, but either way, if you don’t push through, your losses will eventually be so much more than what you have lost already. Meditation, reflection, and prayer will bring you peace.

1 Like

“Not unlike the bird whos nest was destroyed by storm I must migrate, perish, or grab sticks and rebuild”

4 Likes

Exercise, meditation, therapy. Kick boxing is good for releasing anger.

1 Like

My heart hurts for you, young one. Nothing I can say or do will ease your pain right now. All I can do is promise you that this to will pass. The pain won’t go away but each day you will get stronger. Right now - you cry for as long as you need- and the only thing you have to do is breathe- remember-the bond of love is never lost by the passing of one - their energy is released and is all around you. Talk to them - they hear you, young one. One day something will happen - only you will know- a song , smell or sound will come to you - you will feel a sense that you haven’t felt in awhile - it will be your loved one sending you love.

2 Likes

I lost my person too. The only things that help are time, prayer and thinking about what they would want for you.

Definitely get some therapy if you can

Tbh I drank, A LOT, and had my son for a reason to go home. But mostly my dog got me through, she stayed in that empty spot, filled the dark nights when my son was asleep and gave me a reason to leave the house when my son was at his dad’s.
Time, distraction and grief counselling will help

1 Like

Turn to Jesus, he loves you so much. Seek him, he’ll comfort you and help you❤️He has helped me through so much. Praying for you

5 Likes

There is a great facebook group called late night widows/widowers( you didnt have to be married to join). And its not a group for everyone. They allow you to express your feelings and some do cuss, not towards each other though. I found it very helpful to connect and even just read how others were feeling. Makes you feel a little less alone.

one step in front of the other.