How do you discipline a toddler?

I now believe in stock trading after withdrawing my profit through the help of Mr’s Elizabeth James . I really appreciate all her effort and support thanks to her… click on the link below to contact her you too can benefit from her platform just like me all you need to do is to reach out to her
:paintbrush::paintbrush::paintbrush:

I’m proud to say I’m among the people benefiting from online trading, my gratitude to Mrs Elizabeth James shows for helping me achieve all my dreams in life. She elavates me financially, Today I’m living in my own apartment, doing things I was not able to do. Who ever that is reading this should contact Mrs. Elizabeth James with the links down here and testify like me :point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Time outs and start taking toys away.

When he breaks something take something he likes away from him and don’t buy him anything and when he says why not remind him because he didn’t …… he sounds smart so he’ll get it! He sounds like he needs more playtime to burn off some of energy.

1 Like

He’s a typical three year old who will push to the limits to get you wound up so it’s time to stop getting him presents every time you are out it’s time to say no a bit more firmly, and stand your ground. He will stop when he leaves home haha sorry my dad used to say that to me. Still being an only child they do tend to expect a lot maybe get him to mix more with other children in a playgroup, or daycare, where he learns he has to share and also accept what no means when told by others. He sounds very clever, he knows how to react with you. Your not doing anything wrong as a first time mum you have a right to spoil your baby. But you need to change your way with him get him into swimming, involve him with helping animals, encourage him to read learn alphabet count numbers do jigsaw puzzles even painting,

You have to give him distractions, options, rules, and keep him busy. Make a daily schedule and stick to it. When I say give him options you pick two things that you feel age appropriate activities. Let him pick his meal options. You tell him you can have pancakes or cereal. He’s getting his way ina sense but it’s controlled. Same with going outside. Let him know before he goes outside he has to clean up his mess (example). Getting down to his eye level is okay but you have to be firm/stunt about what you expect from him. Remember too many time outs can backfire. If he’s in time out a lot that means that the method is not working. Whatever discipline method you use to use stay consistent. Make sure that you and dad are on the same page so he doesn’t play you (manipulate you or dad). And stop rewarding unacceptable behavior with toys. If you don’t have a structure environment for him he will continue to do what he does now because he knows that he will get away with almost everything. You need to act now before it’s too late.