How do you distance your children from family who work in hospitals?

My sons, dad, and I are not together. His dad works in a hospital in the ER. When COVID first started, I had to make the decision that until the numbers went down, he could not have our son. He was very upset about this and felt I was trying to be controlling. However, our son has respiratory issues and gets sick very quickly. I was trying to be cautious, especially being we didn’t know what this virus was at the time. They would still talk on the phone, and occasionally, I would drive past his dad’s house so he could see him from a distance and say hello. Now that numbers are going back up, I’m considering doing this again. Where I live, the hospitals are being overcrowded. I know a lot of nurses personally who are freaking out. His dad, however, is not taking it seriously, still wants to go out, take our son to birthday parties; he even thinks it’s okay to fly out to New York for a weekend and come back home to get our son immediately after. Is anyone else in this situation? Dealing with a spouse or a family member who works in the hospitals, and you’re paranoid about kids catching the virus? How are you dealing with those concerns? Do you distance your children from them?

79 Likes

Im going to be of no help. But he works in a hospital and STILL thinks those things are okay… the health of the child is priority.

I do have to add that I agree you shouldn’t be keeping him away if he’s taking proper precautions but going out to birthday parties and such isn’t nessicary

2 Likes

I’m surprised the dad is not taking this seriously being that he works in a hospital.

7 Likes

I’ve had 2 ppl i know die of covid id say video calls or phone calls only but thats just me i have a 2 yr old and a 3 month old

1 Like

How would you feel if you were the one who worked in the hospital and wasn’t allowed to see him? I honestly don’t think thats fair. The birthday parties and stuff sure. But my hubs works in a hospital and has the entire time and we haven’t taken any special precautions

30 Likes

If you were together would you allow him to come home at night? Your answer will depend on my reply.

21 Likes

My daughter works in the ER, I have asthma, and her dad has diabetes, and we also have a three year old son…she lives with us. The thing is, there are very good sanitizing, and personal protective equipment at the hospitals, she is constantly getting emails and having meetings about how to stay safe and is kept up to date with any procedural changes etc that have been necessary to accommodate the dangers of the virus. Nobody in my family and nobody she knows at work have tested positive, we haven’t even had a cold or flu in at least 2 yrs. as for his activities outside of work, well he might just be careless, but I think you should focus more on his carelessness outside of work because while he’s at work he probably is pretty safe.

2 Likes

Do you have a parenting plan? If you do have a court ordered parenting plan, then you don’t have a choice. You legally have to let dad have the child during his time. It sucks, but that’s the way it works. Dad sounds like he isn’t being cautious so this would be something to bring up to a judge for a temporary custody arrangement change.

4 Likes

Scary that the dad works in a hospital setting and is not taking this virus seriously. Scary not only for your son but his patients and coworkers as well. I’m on your side with this one I would most def not be comfortable sending my kids to his Home especially if the child already has underlying health issues… it’s not like your just trying to keep the father out of his life, your protecting your child!!! Maybe talk and figure out days you can do driveway visits, FaceTime calls etc. anything to keep him present in your child’s life but your ex needs to understand your doing what’s best for your child and his health

2 Likes

Courts have decided covid is NOT a valid reason to keep a child from a parent.

18 Likes

I work in LTC and we get tested 3 times a week!

This is not a valid reason to keep your child from his other parent. Many court systems have ruled on this. You’re wrong!

22 Likes

If u r working n e where that’s not ur home u have the same chances of getting covid as anyone else! I agree he shouldn’t take him out to parties but he should still be able to see the child

4 Likes

What would happen if something happened to his father and you didn’t let him see him? There are ways to take precautions. Meet at park or be outside. Im sure he knows if he is feeling sick and would tell you.

2 Likes

After experiencing covid, I say do not let him see him until numbers get better or until the vaccine comes. This virus is no joke!!

6 Likes

I with in healthcare and I take precautions just like anyone else. I have 5 kids and I’ll be damned if they get taken from me because of covid and it’s fucking numbers. PPE is there for a reason. Are you quarantined at home completely? Meaning no tp runs to target or food runs to cub. Yea I guarantee you are going places still. My children have reactive airway disease and we are both essential workers, you think we will just hand our kids off until numbers go down? Fat chance. This is ridiculous. Also if you look at the numbers children are least likely to get gravely Ill from it. 1 child death in MN as opposed to thousands of cases confirmed in children. Just be cautious and let him see his father.

I don’t think keeping your son from him is fair at all. Maybe just ask him to try his best to take the necessary precautions. Always wear a mask out, keep everything sprayed with lysol and wash his hands often. He shouldn’t be denied seeing his child because of this

4 Likes

Would you kick him out of the house until this is over, if you 2 were still together? I doubt it. I hope if you all have a parenting plan in place, he takes you to court.

21 Likes

I work in the hospital my self and I’m very very careful making sure that I sanitize constantly and I change outside when I get home. My son is not aloud to come near me until I’ve changed. That being said I don’t think it’s fair to keep a child from his parent because of the parents work place being a hospital. You have just as much of a chance of getting covid working at a fast food place or store as at the hospital

2 Likes

You are completely controlling and i 100% would take you to court for custody agreement so you couldnt pull this shit. Dont you think he is taking extra precautions out and about. Working in a hospital I would assume he would. You have no right to take away his child because you dony approve of things he does. You arent together YOU CANNOT dictate his life. If you are so worried about the dangers then take him to court. If the judge agrees with you then fine, if the judge dosent agree with you then tough shit. But until that happens you cannot restrict him from seeing his kid. Honestly if he does take you to court he can use that as an example to the judge of how controlling you are with the kid. Just saying

My sister works at a hospital an we see her 2 or 3 times a week she come home throws her cloths straight in the wash an jumps in the shower an is always cleaning only different is she does hang out or go anywhere unless she has to go to the doctors for my nephew or her self or to go food shopping an get what she need

3 Likes

Wow. Not ok by any means. He is working , not purposely trying to expose your son. I feel bad for your kid. Grow up lady.

9 Likes

Sorry… you sound like an asshole.

I live in NYC and its bad here and I would advise not to bring your son here sense he can get sick… it sounds like his dad is being selfish and doesn’t believe the virus is real and is willing to risk your sons health because of it nope do what you have to kids come first

5 Likes

Still his dad though, girl. You are being controlling. My husband works in peoples homes and my 1 year old has a heart condition. We didn’t kick their dad out? It should be exactly as it would be if you were together. A set of rules you both follow is what coparenting is.

9 Likes

I keep seeing a lot of comments saying the father isn’t taking this serious, he works in a hospital he should know better. One he knows how to properly sanitize and wear his PPE that protects him as well as I’m sure getting test frequently. He also has seen first hand how the virus works and how people are handling it. He is the father and this virus isn’t going away just like the flu virus. He can’t not ever see his son again because he works. Where does the mother work? Is she taking precautions? Is she around people wear only her cloth mask. We’re as his father is wear N95 and PPE? You have to trust his father is going to do everything to keep him safe and making sure he is taking the precautions to do so.

13 Likes

Chances are he is being monitored very closely for covid. I work in food service at a hospital and we can’t even walk in without getting temps taken. Covid patients are not allowed in er. They have their own area to go to.

3 Likes

Maybe you need to talk to him again and ask him if he could stop going out to parties or anything like that. Maybe show him a video of a child on a respirator and hopefully that’ll help him see what it could do to your son. If y’all have a custody plan through the courts, he could very easily take you to court and fight this. Either way, I don’t think it’s right for you to keep your son away from his father. I think the best thing to do is talk to the dad and see if he will change how he goes about things. And if he starts to feel sick at all, to make sure he lets you know so that in case it’s covid, your immunocompromised son won’t get it.

1 Like

My sister was forced to make this decision over Thanksgiving with her kids’ dad who is not taking this seriously. The week before he was sick and had trouble breathing but refused to go get tested knowing his oldest child is a severe asthmatic. Thanks to his selfishness everyone in my house got it, including my mother who is battling covid pneumonia in the hospital as I type this.

6 Likes

I would be more worried about the flying and gatherings than him coming from work just bc a hospital setting they are more cautious than a kids birthday party would be. I wouldn’t keep my kids away from the other parent but would set some rules. No unnecessary outings for sure.

It’s not about him or you it’s about the health of the child. Do facetime so they can see each other.

2 Likes

Do what u feel is right, if ur child has respiratory issues, he should not b in close contact without a mask, my daughter’s old boss just died from covid

3 Likes

Just to be sure… did everyone actually ready her post? Making sure for before Alexis Jones has to cut and paste the same response over and over. I’ve always worked in health care and have been around many disease. I ALWAYS make sure to take my clothes off at the door and they got straight into the washer. I don’t think that is fair for the father or the child. The father knows what precautions to take and is being trusted with other people’s children etc. you should trust him with his own.

14 Likes

If you guys lived together would you tell him he has to stay elsewhere? If you worked in healthcare would you give up seeing your child. This makes me so mad. You can’t punish the father for his work. Hospitals are also testing their employees. You taking your child to any store probably has a greater risk then him getting it from his father. Healthcare workers know how to stay safe.

16 Likes

Your child needs his father as much as he needs you. A man should not be punished for fulfilling his duties and providing for Himself and his child/children. What if the roles were reversed and you were out of the home working and he said you couldn’t see the child? He is not anymore at risk with his dad than he is with you. If you’ve left the house for a single grocery trip or fast food run, you have exposed your son as much as his father would. Educate yourself before taking your child away from his father.

9 Likes

Hes a fucking medical professional and still doesn’t take this seriously?
hard no.
Don’t send him.

I 100% understand that you don’t want your child to get Covid. I have two babies at home and I worry about it constantly. However, I am not going to not let their dad see them just because he works? I agree about the birthday parties or traveling to New York. But it’s still his son, I think it’s unfair. But it seems like you are just very worried. Hope you get it figured out.

It’s not right of you to keep your child from his father. I totally understand your concern, but that is his dad. I’m sure because he works in an ER that he is knowledgeable and wanting to keep his son safe. But keeping them apart is wrong of you, on so many levels. If you were together I feel like you wouldn’t even think of doing that.

2 Likes

I work in healthcare daily but I got exposed from my bonus child and her wrestling team. We quarantined for 14 days but neither myself or the husband ever got it. I had been exposed at work around a month earlier than that but never quarantined or got sick

If your child’s father were to take you to court you could end up in a lot of trouble for parental alienation. The court has said covid is not a valid reason to withhold the child from the other parent.

10 Likes

How would you feel if it were reversed? This isn’t going anywhere. You going to do that his whole life? I originally did this with my sons father. We both agreed on it. A month later and we stopped. He needs to see his father too. He can keep him safe as well.

3 Likes

I’m a nurse with 3 children at home between the ages of 8 months and 9 years old. I come home and take my clothes off, shoes off at the door and shower before I make contact with my kids. All I can do is pray. Out of my coworkers that have gotten it, their children either never got sick or their symptoms were a lot milder than theirs.

I should also add that while my husband doesn’t work in medicine, he does have to work out in the public and go to peoples houses. He wears a mask and uses hand sanitizer and also does the same thing with his clothes and shoes.
We don’t go anywhere but work and the grocery store. We don’t have company over or go to other peoples houses, except for our dads on occasions. We just continue to take precautions, follow CDC guidelines the best we can and pray for the best.

1 Like

First of all, you actually do NOT have the legal right to keep your son. If there is an active court order in place, you need to practice caution because I legally wasn’t allowed to keep our daughter from her father (except when he did catch covid). Legally, you don’t have the right to withhold visitation. You can and will get in trouble for it. I get that you’re worried, but at the same time, I don’t think dad deserves to have his visitation revoked just because you don’t think he’s being cautious.

I was cautious as shit and I still caught Covid.

Imagine you in his shoes and he told you your not seeing the kid! Problem solved

1 Like

I swear this was posted in April

My kid’s father works in manufacturing, I’m a nurse, my kids attend school two days a week with my autistic son going daily. You can’t stop life unfortunately so you learn ways to work around it. Healthcare workers have to work and they can’t just stop parenting because they chose a career to help others.

The virus isn’t going anywhere so unless your plan is to completely cut dad out of the picture for working :roll_eyes: then you need another plan!!+ it’s not fair for dad or the child

4 Likes

I would still hold off on visits. Use common sense. He works in the hospital, is going out often, he doesn’t care about your son. If he keeps insisting file for parenting time restrictions. Get a note from your ped saying it’s not a good idea due to asthma & him working in the hospital. Ask the judge to order video visitation instead. If you don’t currently have court ordered visitation do nothing. You don’t have to let him see your son at all.

8 Likes

would you change your stance if dad started taking things more seriously? staying home, not making big trips, etc.? because if so you need to communicate that to him and leave the ball in his court. if not you are punishing both of them for things outside of dad’s control and you need to make your peace with the added risk that comes with him working in the field he does. but as far as the unnecessary social events, your child has respiratory issues and if dad wants to have him around he needs to make sacrifices to keep him safe. if he won’t do that, then you’re making the right choice no matter what he or anyone else thinks about it. you have to protect your child.

1 Like

So my daughter has asthma and when she gets sick its fast and its bad. She has been to birthday parties and even dance competitions during Covid. Shes been totally fine. Relationship with his father is way more important. If you are leaving the home for work you have also exposed your child. Their school/daycare, the grocery store, etc are all places he could catch it. Even the court system says this is not valid and if you have a court order you’re 100% violating if you’re withholding him.

2 Likes

Coparenting during a pandemic when you don’t see eye to eye about it with the other parent is tough, for sure. But still, if Dad wants to be involved in your son’s life that’s important, that relationship is important. You can express your concerns to his dad and hope that he would maybe be a little more careful but it’s not right to keep your son from him. I’m sure if the situation was reversed it’d kill you. I know it’s hard but like I said that relationship is important, he’s lucky to have a father who wants to be a part of his life. I didn’t grow up with that. Let your son see his dad, do everything you can in YOUR power to keep him safe, and hope for the best.

1 Like

I’m just gonna say this, we are all going through awful stuff because of covid. Being a nurse through this is absolutely hell. The only thing that even gets me through the day is knowing my children are waiting for me at home.

4 Likes

Most every state has issued a statement stating you can NOT withhold parenting time due to covid. It has put parents in jail for it in my state. I deal with covid patients daily; I see my kids and their dad get them as normal. What happens if dad suddenly told you that you weren’t safe enough for the kid? You just going to say ok and stop seeing your kids?

4 Likes

Imagine at such a scary time, in such a scary world, you take his Dad away. I take it your home schooling, and not letting your son go shopping or anywhere else? Or is just Dad that can’t see him? I’m sure nurses take the most precautions while working, and I thought your not allowed to stop parents seeing their children.

6 Likes

I work in a hospital and deal with covid patients and have my daughter full time. Imagine being in his shoes and him telling you you can’t see your child because your work has covid patients. The virus isn’t going anywhere. I understand your concerns for the well being of your child. What if you and dad were still together and he was coming home from working in the ER, then what? That’s not fair to dad. You’re in the wrong and you’re punishing your child. As far as going out, a lot of people do. Social distance, wash your hands. We’ve been to birthday parties, restaurants, grocery stores. You probably go to work, grocery stores, etc and that’s all ways to also catch it.

3 Likes

I would not be okay if my husband kept me from my children just because I work in healthcare . Most times children do not exhibit symptoms . Let the kid see his father . I agree with no traveling . I’m an er nurse within a hospital that is flooded with COVID . I see , kiss and love on my children everyday .

2 Likes

How ridiculous and sslfish of her Sophia Poulos

1 Like

You need to talk to his father and set up visits it’s not right tinker him from his dad who knows when this virus is going to end if at all.

My sons dad works at a prison where the numbers are high, but it’s never had me to the point of keeping him from his dad. That relationship is important. Hospitals take more precautions with masks and things like that then your average person. Let him see his dad. You wouldn’t like it if the rolls were reversed and the dad was keeping him from you.

I understand it’s scary but I think you are being beyond insane. This is your child’s father! He has every right to see his kid and legally you can’t stop him with the excuse of covid. Imagine if you were all still together and living together… I think there is more going on here

120 Likes

My daughter has immune disorder, I have a severe health condition. Initially he was being cautious. Initially my drs decided to Isolate me. Our daughter is schooled virtually. I expressed to both that as long as she wasn’t taken to high risk places I’d get to spend time with her yet she would primarily stay with him UNTIL this calmed down. The moment I asked him not to take her high risk places let’s see: Disney, universal, New Orleans, St Augustine, Airbnb (it’s difficult proving to the court Airbnb), South Carolina, Georgia all of Florida. I have hit the roof more times than not. He holds parties with his girlfriend and last one 3 people got covid. So of course he immediately takes her to Marco island. He constantly tells our daughter I’m over reacting, nothing is going to happen to anyone and When I have to isolate after one of his last minute trips he makes sure to tell her That I don’t love her. That even if he had cancer he’d still see her. I’ve lost it on my therapist and my drs plus my attorney. I don’t have an answer. I was informed as long as I can document the trips after I’ve said no, documented her health condition and mine your attorney can hold him responsible for possible exposure. I’m really sorry I cannot help. I thought covid one year would be ok if we all acted responsible. Yeah right. Usually the people that accuse you of being controlling are speaking of themselves.
Fuckers…

17 Likes

Bottom line… doesn’t matter where your stance on COVID is… if you have an issue take it to court and let the judge decide. You can’t take away the other parents rights because you feel this or that. If you have a custody agreement then you have to follow that agreement or be held accountable. If you fear for your child’s life then go to the court. You have no rights to impose on others rights.

56 Likes

Legally you can’t use covid as an excuse to keep him from the kid. You can actually get into trouble with that.
Idk about anyone else. But I’d do everything in my power so I’d be seeing my kid.

70 Likes

My husband works at a prison, mother in law in a nursing home, sister in EMS. We dont distance from them or keep them from seeing the kids.
Long as he is washing after work and not wearing his dirty scrubs to be around your child its fine.

With how good of a chance you have of surviving this virus there’s no reason to be paranoid lol

34 Likes

Legally, you can’t keep your child from him just because of COVID. Just because this is going on, does not make it okay to break a custody agreement. I do agree that he shouldn’t take him immediately after going to New York. You guys should just take reasonable precautions.

8 Likes

I mean, he’s the one on the front lines and he loves that child just as much as you do. If he’s seeing what’s happening 1st hand and is still comfortable enough to spend time with his son then I don’t think you have any right to step between that. I’m sure he would never intentionally put your son in harm’s way and unfortunately when you make a baby with someone, wether you’re still together or not, that child is half theirs. You should not get the final say here it should definitely be agreed upon by both parties

26 Likes

Take her to court. I wish someone would try to prevent me from seeing my child AND continue to make me pay child support (assuming he does). I understand why shes worried but she legally can’t do this.

24 Likes

I get what you are saying but I cannot disagree more !! That’s an awful awful thing to do ! we need our family more than ever ! We are stressed enough and pretty much running on empty ! You are more at risk going shopping in Asda or B&m with your son or him going to school ! than going into a hospital or ,being around one of us he would be fully decked out in ppe and washed his hands and skin so much his hands are probly sore every single day !!
If he gets ill because of work ,never showers and wears his iniform at home then I get it !!
I work for the nhs on the covid pods husband is extremely high risk and I have 3 children one of whom is high risk there’s never even been a suggestion i be separated from my family or support system x

11 Likes

My son has cystic fibrosis. At the start, I had my son for a month where we usually switch weeks. We have gone back to normal since then. Covid is a part of life now and will not disappear any time soon. Our son’s pulmonologist feels good about our son resuming nearly-normal life.

26 Likes

Medical workers know how to stay safe, use PPE and sanitize better than anyone

14 Likes

You’re trying to get him back for something he did… or maybe he has someone special in his life that you don’t want your son around. … whatever the case… it’s your son’s father… you have no right. You can also infect your son and take all the precautions. It’s better not to be bitter in life… you’re actually stressing yourself out.

18 Likes

There is no “carona virus” clause to parenting. You are being unreasonable. That’s like saying the millions of Americans, myself included, that work in Healthcare don’t deserve to have their children. Like, let’s punish those that work long hours and miss out on things with their own families to save the lives of ours. Ridiculous. You have no right to deny a the other parent visitation and you are only hurting your child. There are many efforts and preventative measures the dad could and I’m sure would take to keep his child safe.

18 Likes

So based on this woman’s stance she must also disapprove of anyone who works in any capacity with a higher population of COVID cases, which would include school teachers, police & firefighters, EMTs, retail workers, servers, pharmacists, and well, just about every job that you can’t do from home.
First off, if he works in a hospital, he has adequate PPE & is probably less likely to catch it at work than she is at Walmart or whatever job she has or the kid is at school. Second, she’s blatantly disobeying a legal order with no true justification other than her own personal opinion & power trip. And we can very likely see why they are divorced if she was this selfish, lacking in compassion & incapable of basic cooperation during their marriage.
My advice to her… get off your self righteous soap box & let your child see his/her father.
My advice to the dad… take her butt to court for contempt & make her responsible for your legal fees l.

22 Likes

A good friend of mine works in a hospital and when numbers were high she sent her toddler to stay with her mom for a bit to keep her safe. Where I live numbers went down quicker though. But I totally get your point. Though I get his. Its hard I guess. Maybe find a middle ground somewhere where they can still see each other but maybe less contact.

Of all this you don’t mention what you do for living and for as that I find a hospital not that harming, you want to have control over it, and yes you can’t legally do that, I also have a daughter who is 8 and with her dad every other week and at my house during this whole COVID ordeal and she’s not gotten sick once. So yes you need to let him see your son regardless.

16 Likes

The problem isn’t that he works in a hospital it would seem the problem is that he just in general doesn’t care about covid. I work in a ICU and I’m not a threat to my family. My friends who are hanging out and traveling a lot are a bigger risk than I am, which is why I’m not surprised when I get the " I have covid" text. They aren’t allowed over because my in laws whom we see every weekend are definitely high risk. Hospital workers are not the threat, proper ppe is being worn there with proper hand hygiene. I feel more sorry for the servers in restaurants they are being exposed the most.

3 Likes

I’m more concerned about the fact his dad works in a hospital but is not taking precautions seriously.

20 Likes

Covid is not a clearance to violate a custody arrangement. Do you keep your kid out of school during cold & flu season? I agree, reasonable precautions need to be taken, but keeping a kid from his father entirely is damaging to the child. I hope you rethink this for everyone’s sake.

20 Likes

You absolutely have no right to keep him from his father. My ex husband (who had an affair) actually tried to pull this shit on me when COVID started because I’m an essential worker and he got to work from home. The information on COVID has evolved since then, and the mortality rate does not justify this. It’s honestly sick that anyone would do this to the other parent of their child.

10 Likes

You’re just using this as an excuse to control visitation
Working in a hospital, dad has access to PPE and does not contact patients without precautions
Nice try but this is BS

32 Likes

Working in a Hospital isn’t a reason to keep the child Away from their other parent. I find it hard to believe that he isn’t wearing PPE and washing his hands at work. If he doesn’t have any Covid symptoms there should be no problem.

10 Likes

How would YOU feel if the roles were reversed? What if said dad caught COVID and died within two weeks? You are being controlling when you don’t give the father of your child a choice in the matter.
Maybe it’s not that he’s not worried or taking precautions, maybe he feels that you can’t stop living life. Life goes on. With or without the virus. It’s not going anywhere. It’s here to stay for good. With that being said, are you going to keep your child away from his dad every time numbers spike for years to come??

24 Likes

You are a horrible person, and basically saying that no one on the front lines should be able to see their children. I have multiple coworkers at the hospital with children who are immunocompromised and they still spend time eith their children BECAUSE THEY ARE THEIR PARENTS!

7 Likes

There were several people in the spring that got in alot of legal trouble for the very same thing. If you have a visitation order, you must follow it, per the courts. If you don’t, you can be held in contempt of court and face fines, jail time, even lose custody.

6 Likes

I’m sure his father wants him to be just as safe as you … be precautious but still live your life … his dad has just as much rights as you .

6 Likes

You would want to stay home and go absolutely nowhere with ur child to keep him from his father, very selfish and controlling

5 Likes

I’d be very worried too! My daughter has mild asthma, and so we are completely staying at home…strictly 100% with zero socialization & zero outings, so I’m completely with you in what u r doing to protect your son. The nature of the pandemic is such - less about rights but more about safety and health!

If legally it’s going to turn out to be an issue not letting your son go, would a note from his pediatrician help in supporting your cause?

Best case scenario is that his Dad understands n is on the same page.

6 Likes

If I was divorced and my ex did this I’d take them to court in a second. No right to do that. You’re in the wrong here

6 Likes

Sadly; unfortunately you cannot keep the child away from the dad legally for that reason but I think it’s a conscious personal smart choice ! The father needs to think about it hard if he’s willing to put his child at risk

5 Likes

I negotiated with my kids dad back in march, and offered to tally/trade time but remained separated for a few months. Honestly, I don’t know who was most scared: me, him or our kids. My stepdad died April 2020, and that scared the shit out of everyone, including my coworkers.
Since then, we are thinking things thru differently. We decided that so long as we are alive, we are going to live. Not as in: live it up, but after experiencing the restrictions from my stepdad (aka papa) we decided it is super important to us to be with our family members, therefore, my kids will go with their dad (whenever he will accept them) because it could very well be the last time. We decided not to be "so scared of dying " that we didn’t live.

4 Likes

Get off your power trip and let the man see his son!

6 Likes

I work EMS and I promise I am more protected and even though I transport Covid patients I bet $$$ regular Joe will get Covid before me. I am educated and wear my PPE properly. I dare someone try to take my child because I work in this field. I would be more scared if the other parent worked at a gas station…

6 Likes

Let him see his kid. If you have a court order he can take you to court for contempt. There is always a chance of losing custody when being held in contempt.

You could literally pick this virus up anywhere, it is not a reason to keep your son from his father.

4 Likes

Dad knows how serious COVID is. There should be no ? On visitation. This is for the safety of his child. Especially if he has underlying condition. A healthy child is a lifetime of visitations… Safety comes 1st…

3 Likes

You’re selfish. If there’s a custody agreement in place, be lucky he hasn’t taken you to court or other actions. You’d be in deep $*it

3 Likes

I dont blame you I would do the same too . Better safe than sorry :100:

And if his dad is okay with it then that matters too :100:

5 Likes

Covid is everywhere. You can contract from anyone… That being said. What if something happens to his dad God forbid. That child is going to blame you mom. We have to unfortunately adapt. We can’t stop living. Take the necessary precautions

2 Likes

That’s absolutely horrible to keep your son away from his father! You can NOT live In fear. I’m a nurse and can’t imagine someone saying that if I worked at a certain place that I’m not permitted to see my kids.

4 Likes

I get tired of these post. Stop keeping your child from their father!!! What you are doing is illegal. It is doing more damage to your child mentally and emotionally.
Stoo thinking because you carried a baby and pushed them out that you are in control. Its disgusting and immature.
I said what I said…

2 Likes

I understand your worries and concern as a mother however as a father who works at a hospital has the education and ppe protection at work to be as safe as possible during work hours and I’m sure they test quite often to ensure their workers aren’t only healthy for themselves but also not to contaminate anyone else at work… take comfort in the fact that this is where your ex works and a part of who he is, that he wouldn’t put his child in harms way just like you wouldn’t… sounds like a good guy with a good job… some parents aren’t that lucky… there is some real dumb asses out there and remember too you picked him together or not… you decided he was the one to help you make parenting decisions for the rest of your lives… you two need to positively co parent together as a team and agree to things that are in the best interests and safety of the child…

2 Likes