How do you find the motivation to clean your house?

How do you find the motivation to clean your house? I am sitting here feleing defeated and looking at this mess but cannot bring myself to et up and do anything about it…i feel so overwhelmed and i have no help…but i know i need to do this because my babies deserve more than what I am giving them…

69 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How do you find the motivation to clean your house? - Mamas Uncut

1 Like

Sometimes I watch cleaning videos on youtube…highly recommend for some motivation!

5 Likes

Get off butt and start

Just work one room till your done. Then pick the next room. I get so overwhelmed this is what helped me

Focus on one area at a time, depending on your babies ages … I have a 4, 7 & 8 yr old & I ask them to help me pick up :blush: and they do! It makes things a lot easier & teaches them to clean their house too.

1 Like

I get really really baked then start with one area but then my mind wonders and bam then I have 10 areas and onces I’ve messed them up and gotten them half way done I know I have no choice but to finish so then I push myself to do the rest

9 Likes

I buy new cleaning products as I like the way my house smells after it’s clean. I own a cleaning company and find I’m more motivated when I have good products to use. Also starting one thing at a time. I go around and tidy my house first. Then I do the kitchen, then the bathroom. And then vacuum. IF I have the motivation I will dust and mop the floors. If not then it will get done another day. Just do baby steps. Throw a load of laundry in while you’re tidying.

1 Like

The only way you can successfully overcome this, is to find the enjoyment and satisfaction of making dirty things clean. Also watching cleaning videos on Facebook or tik tok is soo inspiring.

1 Like

One room at a time! Remind yourself anything you CAN do is better then nothing. For me blasting my music an a redbull gets me going! I’ve also started taking b12 you can find it in the vitamins it has helped me tremendously! Good luck Momma we have all been there! Just remind yourself you got this!!! The feeling I feel when it’s done is so so worth it but the getting started part is always so so hard!

1 Like

The simple fact that anyone can show up at anytime should be motivating to anyone!!

2 Likes

I can’t relax in a messy house… so that’s my motivation.

5 Likes

Apologies for dropping this here but it feels too great to stay quiet, Good work needs recommendations.
C oonnect with Mrs

I Liston to Audeo stories makes it easier

I would do a bit at a time…recovering from surgery from cancer and I have no energy …it is what I am doing and it helps to do a little at a time…then it helps me seeing what I have done so keep going doing a little more…

3 Likes

I so quick cleans. For thirty minutes or so I just go through my house cleaning up whatever I feel the urge to clean. But making my bed, cleaning off the dining room table, straightening the living room and doing the dishes are things I try to do every day. I have a small, fairly open house and I still have trouble keeping up lol

Set a timer for 10/15 minutes and focus on one room/area. Once the timer goes off take a break. Typically I pick up one little thing and then become hyper fixated on picking up a bunch more. It’s not much but it helps a bit!

1 Like

I choose a room and rotate through t until I can get a system to keep it all fairly clean.

Try to focus on one task at a time. For example, when you wake up, make the bed first as it will further motivate you to perform more household tasks throughout the day, then later do dishes, pick up toys, etc. You can take small breaks in between if you’re too tired. Also, light a candle and play soft, motivation music/speeches.

3 Likes

There’s a FB Group called “Decluttering and Minimalism Life” that I really enjoy and the members give great cleaning tips.

1 Like

Pump up the music and get cleaning, music motivates me, hate a messy home.

2 Likes

Take a laundry basket, the kind that’s on wheels… and grocery bag.

Start by going to each room and put the trash in the bag and anything that doesn’t belong in the room into the basket.

Once that’s all picked up, dust and mop.

Do dishes last so they all get done.

Then you’ll empty your laundry basket and put things where they belong.

Kids should be able to help with picking up their toys if they are at least 18 months old.

Anytime you use the restroom, take 3 extra minutes to pick up or wipe something down.

Get a friend to help or cut on music

I had add, depression, endometriosis, pain daily, work full time & manage to cook every night but something someone said to me stuck and it’s been helping me a lot lately.

“If it takes less then ten minutes, then do it”

You’d be surprised how many less then ten mins they have around the house and once u get that momentum going you just go :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have ocd so it comes easy to me. I would start one room at a time. Play music and include the kids if they are old enough. Take breaks. My motto is if I haven’t used something in a long time it goes into the garbage or donation pile.

1 Like

Most of the time, I only get the motivation to do it when I start doing it. I just have to literally force myself to do one little part and then the motivation comes in after.

4 Likes

Let me know when you figure it out my I’m having issues also

2 Likes

Maybe you’re dealing with depression, anxiety, etc… see your doctor and do what you can to help your mental health💕

Do know you can be home and earn good amount of money for yourself off binary options trade without sending money to anyone? NO stress. All you need to get started is a bitcoin wallet. For enquiries contact manager Olgusya Gribova for free directions

Talk with a doctor about your feelings.

Stay at Home Moms :fire:

1 Like

I can’t clean IF there is someone watching me… ugh!!!

Time yourself, make it a game, try to accomplish a certain number of things within a time frame and reward yourself when you’ve completed them. Start small. Realistic goals are a good way to start.

music gets me moving, first thing in the morning

1 Like

Sounds like you are feeling depressed! Go to your doctor and tell him how you are feeling! I hope you feel better soon

1 Like

I start as soon as I wake up, if I don’t I just won’t do it.

1 Like

I turn on a YouTube video to listen to and just do one task once I start it’s easy to keep going

I like to make some coffee, put some fun music on, then make a list of all the things I need to finish. Depending on the tasks, split it up into multiple days, and give yourself a snack break in between all the tasks. But don’t beat yourself up if you don’t complete everything for that day, just push it to the next day. Put your mental health first & listen to what your body is telling you. Take some deep breathes & remember that you are doing the best you can, & that is enough!:heart: once you cleaned everything it will feel so nice & it will be easier to keep it that way!

Do one area at a time, otherwise it can get overwhelming. Loud music always helps me get in the mood to clean

Set a 10 min timer and then focus on one area at a time.

1 Like

I just start doing something little and then I can’t stop. So I guess my motivation comes from just starting.

I get these feelings. I overload myself on coffee and push thru. Sometimes a drink or two at night once kids are asleep.

Start with one thing at a time…trash pick up all trash then dishes collect all dirty dishes clothes seperate into piles just one chore at a time

It’s hard.
Really hard.
What I found (and it took a few years for me) was that my anxiety over my dirty house only went away after I started cleaning. Rage clean if you have to lol.
Throw on some music that makes you happy or energized and just start.
If you don’t feel it then don’t but usually it helps.

1 Like

I’ll give myself small time-frames for getting things done. Like if I have something in the oven, I try to see if I can get the dishes done before the timer goes off. Or I do small tasks to get a bigger mess dealt with. My bedroom is a mess, I will only focus on the nightstands before moving on to something else. If I see something that needs done (like sweeping the kitchen) while working on the small item (like while putting away something from the nightstand) I tell myself I can work on that next after I finish my small task. I tend to get distracted easily and overwhelmed when cleaning and so far this has worked for me.

2 Likes

Coffee& ZackWilliams playlist.

I was legitimate and after a week of investing with her, I can boldly say she is hard working and real. I started with an investment small capital and i earned a lot of money within 5 days. You can give her a try
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Biggest motivation for me is watching hoarders or cleaning tik toks. I get really overwhelmed by everything I have to do and there is one lady on tik toks that made ADHD cleaning checklists for the home that breaks down every room into easy steps.

Sounds like depression. Go speak with a doctor. Otherwise I put in headphones or I blue tooth a speaker and play whatever play list I make that I feel like playing. Then…I dance and sing and play invisible instruments while cleaning. My son just laughs and says I’m weird vut he lives me anyway and I think that’s one of the things that my man really enjoys about me. Now that he lives here he even joins me. But seriously, go talk to a doctor and don’t be so hard on yourself. There’s days I say fk it…the cleaning can wait and I do other things instead.

Get off your phone … and do it

3 Likes

My grandmother would say… clean enough to be healthy… dirty enough to be happy… if it is just clutter that’s one thing unsanitary is another … get one area at a time cleaned up and enjoy your babies

It’s not easy. Put on some music that u love

1 Like

I am right there with you. I see the mess, I know I can clean it, but its like where do I start? Do I really have a place for all this stuff? Did I get the needed cleaning supplies? So on and so forth. My anxiety I’d so high by this time I just can’t do anything now. It sucks

1 Like

Start with the most important stuff first- dishes, garbage, kitchen bathroom.

1 Like

Smoke a joint, that gets me motivated :woman_shrugging:for anything

2 Likes

Do little by little that’s what I do.

I clean 2 hours every day in one area. It helps

I’ve been there, girl. I’m a busy mom of 3 with some health issues.
I can become so overwhelmed that I freeze with no idea where to start and immediately become exhausted before completing the first task.
What’s helped me the most is speed cleaning. I set a timer for 15 minutes and clean non-stop in one room until the timer goes off. You’d be surprised at how much you can get done in 15 minutes, and usually that’s gets me out of the “funk” to finish the room or to tackle another room.
The kids and husband even pitch in on my 15 minute cleans, sometimes. (Including the 2 year old)
I usually do a “speed clean” before lunch and another before bedtime. This keeps my house from getting too far gone.
A clean, tidy home makes me feel SO much better.

If it gets really bad, I make checklists for what I want to do and then put them in the order they should go in. Like picking up trash first, then taking trash out or go through the house for any dishes before I start washing them. Tasks that take time like dishwasher or laundry, I like to start first so they can be done when I’m ready to be done.

Start with the smallest room

Turn my music up, get the kids involved and make it fun. See how many toys they can pickup in 10 seconds. Then 25 seconds. My kids love washing walls. A bucket of soapy water, show them how to ring it out and let them have fun. Sing and dance and be goofy infront of your kids…even if you’re just pretending because after a few minutes you’ll actually start enjoying yourself.

It was a wonderful experience trading Crypto with Mrs Olgusya Gribova indeed you’ve change my financial status, earning a massive amount within a month of trading. I recommend Ma’am Olgusya Gribova for your investment
:arrow_down::arrow_down:

Girl take a breath, you need it. Seriously just breathe for a moment. All of these things are overwhelming. You can’t get through them at one time. But not in one day. I’m giving you big hugs, I know you can do it. But even if you don’t get it done you’re still a great mom and you will get done the basics now. Remember to breathe and the rest will happen when you’re ready. Hugs!!

I found it easier for me to make a chore chart of things that needed doing and attaching importance numbers next to them. Also the whys and when next to them.
Standard W’s - what, why, where, when and who.
Like 1 = now General tidying
2 = this morning
3 = today any time
4 = this week wherever
5 = this month
and so on.
I felt great when at the end of the allocated time I could see a list of ticks etc.
By the way, the why parts are really important so you can see why on earth you’re doing this. :slightly_smiling_face:
Good luck with this and I hope that you can gain some motivation for your own peace of mind. :kissing_heart:

I do clean list up put down what need to clean up . And I do clan out ever mouth to see what ido not need

Depends on the person some people love living in filth and others do not.

1 Like

Since i started investing in bitcoin, it has been were scammed in one way or the other and I why? Investing in bitcoin has been so profitable to me. So i think introducing you to Mrs Olgusya Gribova will be the best thing in my life

Set a daily minimum goal. That way you feel like you’ve accomplished something each day when your done. Start on vital things. Kitchen and clothes. That way fed and clean is doable.

Force myself to do whatever small job I can. Even if it’s just something simple like taking the dirty dishes from around the house and stacking them in the kitchen. Literally anything small. Then another small job, pick up the toys in one room etc etc.

2 Likes

Just pick one thing and do it. Once it starts looking good you’ll feel motivated to do more. If the floor is dirty pick things up and put them away then sweep and mop. Make sure all the dishes get done. Don’t think of the whole thing at once because maybe right now it is too overwhelming so just pick something and do it. The longer you I wait then more mess is going to add up. :heart:

3 Likes

Sounds like depression Hun. Talk to your do about getting on an antidepressant. I was feeling the same a few years ago,as well as having a lot of impatience & irritability & fatigue. I got on Zoloft and it changed everything.

I always start with the bathroom first. Smallest room. Easiest to tidy. Perks me up and gets me in the zone. Plus you get to check something of the list rather quickly.

Also breaking things down into smaller manageable tasks. First remove the garbage, then sort the remainder. Or break large rooms into smaller sections.

Be nice to yourself. It’s okay if things take time.

1 Like

I always pick one task to do like making my bed, or emptying the sink, etc. It helps me lead to another thing until I see progress. I get really overwhelmed, too. You’re not alone

Make a list , mark each task as you finish one, start with the small stuff first but tell yourself you are committed to completing your list! You Can Do It!!!

I stand up for like 30mins it helps me get out of relaxation mode and down to business. Then it’s on from there.

I totally know how you feel. Our house needs to be scrubbed top to bottom and looking like a magazine house within the next few weeks. It’s going to be a darn near completely impossible task because, ya know, we actually live in our house.

You should want to have a clean house. Nothing worse than a dirty house whether you have help or not! So here’s your motivation…get up off your lazy ass and clean the sty….geez :woman_shrugging:t3:

Start with one room or one task. Picking up toys (maybe the children can help if they are old enough); if you have your laundry machines in your home you can put a load to wash while you are doing something else; tackle one task and one area of your home at a time. Just take your time and don’t stress yourself out over it.

Try focusing on one issue at a time. like today I am going to do the cabinets in the kitchen. tomorrow I will do the one bathroom. Make lists and when you are done each small thing cross it off. Also if you play music…lively music that you love while you are doing these chores. Don’t look at the whole house. separate it down to small chores . I think that will work.

All the trades I have made with Olgusya has been justified and I have made 6 consecutive withdrawals and I strongly recommend her for you to trade.

Little trick, i act like my dad is there telling me to clean or i will get my but whooped and it better be spotless. Idk why, but it does make me do it, even though im 23 and have a family and out on my own lol.
Childhood memories like that helps me.

Watch grime fighters on youtube if they can’t motivate you I don’t know what will

Get a white board, divide it into 5 sections (days of the week M-F) and put just 2-3 chores/things in each box. Once you get those couple of things done for Monday, you might see something easy listed on another day and can knock it out real quick, freeing up your time on that other day. Or if not, that’s okay! You can save it for the day you assigned it to. That way you can get a lot of thigs done over a longer period of time and not feel like it’s all sitting there needing to be done in one day.

2 Likes

I act like cps is coming for an inspection, gets me motivated real quick.

5 Likes

I used to do one room at a time each day unless the room was small, then I would do two. You have to look around an balance what you can do each day, but to keep from getting in a rut change the order in which you clean the rooms each week.

I invite guests over bc I know it’s my trigger to clean lol. come over but I’m gonna spend a ⅓ of the time cleaning

1 Like

Sometimes I have to force myself to get up and clean and sometimes I’ll just start cleaning and then get into it

1 Like

Do dishes everyday (15min) one load of laundry and fold and put away (15min)Clean the toilet (5 min)
Then pick a room, set a timer and do as much as you can for 15min. Repeat this another 5 times during the day. This is only 2hrs and 5min total!
When you break things down into time it makes it less daunting.
The following day spend the first 15min cleaning/tidying the room you did the day before.
Dishes/laundry/toilet are non negotiable. It’s only 35minutes

I keep smiling anytime I invest with her, she is is good at what she does, she’s an expert trader​:point_down::point_down:

I have these days often…I find it helps when I start with my kids’ room one day and then my room the next. It makes me feel better we have a sanctuary to escape the mess to decompress. Then after my room is done I choose something I can stick in the oven for dinner…that take a while to cook(like a frozen lasagna) and that’s when I slowly work my way around the kitchen…by this time I normally have a good spirit and I can tackle the rest. With laundry…I haven’t quite figured that out yet. You’re not alone…just one step at a time.

When my kids were young my house suffered during tbe summer because we spent most of our day in the pool everyday so in the morning i tried to do one room everyday
But i went back to work when they were older i was exhausted from working full time and having to come home and cook dinners at 6 pm…needless to say easy quick dinners and a messy house because i was too tired to care…but the kids had to keep their rooms clean and helped with dishes

Who wants to live in filth. Clean the house its our job

5 Likes

Sometimes I don’t feel like cleaning either but I know I will wake up feeling so much better walking into a clean kitchen or living room rather than walking into a mess. Clutter can severely affect our moods without us even realizing

Turn on a show you’ve seen a million times so you can just listen to it. Start on one end of the house and clean til you get to the other end. Or sometimes I set a timer. When the timer goes off, you’re done. You’ll get more done than you think.

Sounds like executive dysfunction….I struggle with this(currently in the process of being diagnosed adhd), it could also be a sign of depression. I try and do one room at a time. Good lick

I know it’s tough when you’re depressed. It’s easy to get overwhelmed. Just do one thing. Even if it’s just taking out the trash. Get a trash bag and round up all of the newspapers, stuff you don’t want or need, start with just one room. Rest for a bit. Have something to drink. Then move on to another room. When you’ve finished all the rooms, run that trash outside. Rest for awhile. Depending on what time it is, you may want to take a crack at dishes. Do some. Rest. Then finish up. I would take the rest of the day off.

My best advice is clean as you go.

Dont put ‘down’ put away

1 Like

I am a great one to talk as my Husband does the majority of housework. However, in the days old when l was fit and able l would open windows/doors weather permitting for fresh air. Collect laundry, sort into loads, put first load on to wash. Remove all food rubbish, followed by recycling and other rubbish. Empty/load dishwasher and wash/dry any hand washing up. Once beds have aired, make them, changing linen as necessary. Tidy clothes, rubbish etc in bedrooms, vacuum and dust. Apply cleaner to bath, basin etc. Clean toilet, clean bath and sink, wipe bathroom floor.
Vacuum stairs and dust skirting boards. Clean kitchen worktops with antibacterial cleaner, clean sink and washing up bowl, wipe windowsill, bleach sink plug hole. Clear toys, magazines etc. Vacuum all downstairs floors, dust each room. Wash kitchen, dining room, toilet floors. Every so often l would wash net curtains and clean windows. I have a separate duster mop for outside areas i.e. front door, windowsills, bin cupboard. Wash front door when l thought of it.
Most days l would vacuum around furniture, but once a week or so pull furniture out and clean underneath, also vacuum sofas and windowsills. Finish off laundry when dry put it in drawers/wardrobe.
Clean hob daily, oven wipe after each use then deep clean as needed. Microwave after each use. Fridge clear any out of date food and wipe out once a week.
I never did all of those chores every day, just do what you have energy for at the time. Once it has all been done it is so much easier to keep clean on a daily basis.
I feel tired now reading it all back :rofl:

I suffer with bpd & complex ptsd and sometimes I struggle with every day house keeping when im like that i try to do one job or something a day and other times ill just dump everything in the middle of the room because then i know i have to sort it out or it will be there forever, i used to find a daily, weekly & monthly cleaning list really useful too x sending u lots of love and hope you feel abit better soon x

You deserve more. Start with a shower. Wash away all the days before today. A shower will help you start to feel better. Make yourself a little snack to give your body something to turn into energy. It doesn’t have to be something outrageous and over the top. Turn off the TV and turn on some music. Do all this before you even start to clean. Depending on how old your kids are, you can just clean around them. If they are old enough to help, give them a little job. Don’t feel like you have to do it all in one day. Just do one room a day and start small. Start in the bathroom, then the kitchen the living the room then bedrooms; or however you want to do it but just pick one room and do one room a day and if you only get through half a room, that’s a win! That’s progress. You can do it one step at a time. Instead of beating yourself up, hype yourself up. Yes, you may feel your babies deserve better, but you matter too and you deserve to love yourself as well. You got this mama!

It’s really hard with 3 kids. I have started trying to accomplish a room each day. By the time I get back around they may all be a mess again but at least I’m doing things.

I’m kind of the same way. I sit in my chair most of the time, just looking at this mess. To be honest i don’t know where to start. Or where to put it. I struggle with depression and anxiety. just try to do what you can get done. Trun the tv off and trun on the radio, some up beat music.
Your not alone.