How do you keep up on the housework?

How do you mamas keep up on housework when you have a baby and a toddler? my husband gets upset when he has to come hoem and clean but i cannot seem to get anything done and when they nap i wanna nap…i want to be a good wife and i know its my job to care for the house…bu ti need help!

120 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How do you keep up on the housework? - Mamas Uncut

Have him watch them alone for a couple days. I’m sure he’ll get it then.

12 Likes

Being a stay at home mom doesn’t mean it’s your job to have a spotless home. Your job is to take care of the kids and their needs and then you and your partner share the chores. Being a stay at home parent is work and it’s hard.

23 Likes

Girl. I have four kids, I’m a SAHM and my husband never says a word if things aren’t done! He steps in and helps no matter what no complaints. If he wanted to he would! Momming is hard, go easy on Yourself

13 Likes

I do weekly routine down to the last thing. I do weekly to do lists which doesn’t change. I do meal lists. I set clothes out fir the week. Etc.

Weekly To Do List:
Monday- Groceries
Wednesday- Clean house
Saturday- Clean House
Sunday- Laundry and Set outfits out for the week for everyone in the house

I have a baby and a toddler. It sucks at times and is exhausting but having a steady routine helps.

5 Likes

Just because you stay home it isn’t just YOUR responsibility for the house work! Keeping up with the kids is just as much of a job as it would be if you were outside the home! Cleanliness of the house does not make you a good or bad wife!

6 Likes

Baby and a toddler AND a clean house? No. The toddler will destroy as you go.

4 Likes

I have 4 kids, youngest 2 are 5 days old and 1year and 2 weeks old. I found it’s a lot easier to clean up while they’re both napping or even if just the newborn is napping. My bf does help but only on days I just can’t find the time to do it all.

1 Like

I used to set aside 10 minutes throughout the day and try to accomplish something. If I get the dishes done and nothing else, thats something done.
My kids are older and they have chores that Dad makes sure gets done (we both work full time). I still try to at least get 2 loads of laundry done (one of clothes and 1 of towels or blankets).

2 Likes

I don’t have kids but I pets. A huge thing that helps, a roomba. Another thing, a schedule for cleaning days

Don’t worry so much about the house right now, the baby needs you at your best. The house can wait. They are only that little for 2 seconds, love it while you can!!

4 Likes

Being a stay at home doesn’t mean you’re a maid. Your job is to raise your kids… it’s really hard! For me I love a clean home, I get awful anxiety if it isn’t clean. My husband never says a word! Sometimes you just can’t do it all. And that’s okay! We’re human! :heart:

12 Likes

Take Naps with them, do what you can. It gets easier the older they get, I promise! Maybe take a day for yourself? Being refreshed helps to focus, you got this mama! I’m cheering you on, I’ve been there, husband gone for sometimes a month or so at a time, raising 3 boys alone! You are strong, you are worthy of help! Let him help you! Prayers for you sweetheart :heart:

7 Likes

Routine. That will be your saving grace. Wake up. While they eat breakfast you vacuum and unload/load dishes. Then they do independent play while you wipes stuff down and start a load of laundry. Then you join them or run errands. Then lunch. Nap. Wake up and while they have a snack rotate laundry. Load dishes in dishwasher. Play all together or run errands if you didn’t in morning or need to again. Start dinner while they have some screen time. Husband comes home. Y’all eat. You do dishes while he plays with them. Bath if it’s bath night. Cuddles. Movie. Snack. Sleep. Then pick up together whatever toy mess what made after dinner. Start dishwasher.
Just an example. Do whatever you want but this allows a nap and you still do the at home mom duties. Worked for us for years. Crockpot is your bestie. Lol.

3 Likes

Spent any entire Saturday out of the house
He’ll figure it out real quick.

1 Like

A routine! Have certain days when you do certain things. Keeping up with that routine helps keep up with the house plus the kids!!

3 Likes

When my girls were very young I got all the general cleaning done when I put them to bed at night

Fly Lady Method helps SO much. It breaks everything down into bite size pieces instead of trying to do everything every day

Make a list of each day you will do. Don’t over whelm yourself and try to do it in one day

House work is a 50/50 thing. Best thing to do is to rest when the kids rest!!!

1 Like

For me

Clean as you go.

I work 2 jobs, mommy to a 5,3, and 1 year old and my hubby works from home. We work opposite hours and I also work from home as my second job. No it isn’t easy to keep things clean but It does help to be realist and have set days that certain things get done and set times too. I wash dishes while the children eat I clean up any trash and spills as it happens but toys I do once as I’m about to head out the door so my hubby essentially starts with a clean slate and he does the same for me. I do all my grocery shopping online and curb side pick up so I don’t waste the time shopping. I multitask, if I’m cooking a meal I clean the kitchen as I go. It’s all about using your time wisely and realizing how much you can really accomplish in 15 minutes.

I struggled keeping up with my house cleaning. Depends on the day that i will choose something else thats important other than house cleaning. Like spending extra time with kids or making time with my boyfriend or friends. House cleaning can wait. Making memories & doing opportunities is not always there waiting. Your husband should help with house cleaning anyway! Its his house too. You are not a maid you are a wife/mother. Good luck on your situation.

I have a baby and a toddler AND I work part-time. I clean every day (otherwise it just gets overwhelming). I taught my 2yr old to pick up her toys in a fun way. We play with ONE thing at a time. I may seem crazy but it works. We out away everything before dinner. I do all the laundry once a week (unless the kids wreck all their clothes and I’ll do a load for them mid week). My husband helps fold. For dishes I seriously just use as much paper and plastic as possible. I hope to do it short term :pray:. And then general cleaning with hubby on the weekend but at least the house is already picked up and floors just need sweeping and what not. I’m always tired but I can’t function in a messy home

2 Likes

Cocomelon is key for both and if you have a baby swing and pack and play they work to.

4 Likes

I don’t.
I have 3 kiddos and a job and you know what…if it bothers him that bad, his hands ain’t broken.

It’s pretty much impossible for me to keep up or have time…

5 Likes

Its great you’re asking for help

I do tidy but with a toddler and a baby, our tornado toddler messes it up again.

Yeah honey you get no nap :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

My husband helps. Lol.

I wrote a letter to my daughter’s school saying that homework was school work it was to be done at school she hasn’t gotten sent home with homework in 3 years a lot of other parents done the same thing kids go to school for up to 8 hours a day when they get home they want to relax and play not keep on doing school work

1 Like

It’s not just your job to care for the house or kids

3 Likes

Definitely routine for me. I have to have everything set out for the next day, the night before depending what is on the agenda that day (clothes, bags, snacks). If I don’t have that sorted for the 4 kids then I feel overwhelmed with the rest of my tasks.
I do toilet and bathroom one day, bedding another day, mop another day, vacuum 3 times a week, dishes have to be done many times a day - I don’t leave any for the next day or I wake up unhappy when I have a messy kitchen, many loads of washing including nappies (at least one load a day), I meal plan for the week and shop accordingly. Sometimes if the little kids nap at the same time or if they’re happily playing I will get more cleaning done in one day to leave another day free or if I have something else that needs to be done or an activity with the kids. I am a “routine” person and need to have all my ducks in a row or the chores all stack up quickly.
I pack up toys often throughout the day too, encouraging the kids to pack up as they go which works most of the time :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I try to clean as I go. As I’ve had more kids I’ve also learned to let things go. We live in our house and it looks lived in. My husband understands the kids are messy and not always willing to help me tidy up. It’s a team effort and gets done a lot more efficiently when we work together. Now, I will say my husband does not like coming home to a sink full of dirty dishes so I do my best to have the dishes done, whether that is washing the pots and pans or loading and unloading the dishwasher.

3 Likes

I couldn’t keep a clean house with a baby and a toddler. I tried. I did everything I could. The chaos didn’t get settled down until my youngest turned 4. My husband took a stint as a stay at home dad and couldn’t contain the chaos either, so he never judged me not being able to.

He and I take turns and share chores… I do the bulk of it because I’m at home, but he does help a lot. He does chores I hate doing, and I do chores he hates doing, and the ones no one wants to do get split up as to whoever has free hands to get it done.

2 Likes

When you can don’t have a nap, and tv is fine to direct your children while you clean and tidy. My 2 year old will happily lay on my bed and watch a move while I clean and do washing. I’m also 40 weeks pregnant with our second child. Write a list for each day.
Monday- washing & bathrooms
Tuesday- kitchen etc etc I also vacc 3x a day :joy:

1 Like

I have an infant, toddler, and 8 year old. In my few minutes of free time during the day or after work I pick up small things. Once they go to bed I get to deep cleaning for about an hour, once I’m done I finally relax for the night before I go to bed and repeat

Power Clean. When they are distracted or in a play pen/play area/swing etc. you take 30 mins and power clean an area quick. Then rest/tend to them and in a couple hrs power clean another area during a down time. The whole house doesn’t have to get done in one day. Sometimes it’s just the downstairs or the upstairs or Monday’s are the bathrooms and laundry. You have to break it up a bit.

2 Likes

Do what you can… the rest can wait. A SAHM is an equivalent to 2 1/2 jobs…so your husband can help.

2 Likes

It’s not your job to do all the chores . Do what you can. Taking care of your children is your main priority, just try to tidy what you can after each task. You’re doing great. It’s hard. Love your babies. Clean what you can. It can wait. Husband should be helping as well as his work and home life are different. You also need a break. You cant pour from an empty cup. Took me a long time to learn that.

4 Likes

Spend 15 minutes 4x a day cleaning.

Do as much as you can in 15 minutes and whatever you don’t finish can wait until next round… Total, it’s an hour a day. Enough to vacuum, wash a load of laundry, do dishes,. Almost like a workout :woman_shrugging: sometimes I only do 3x a day if I’m super busy busy.

2 Likes

Music :notes: dance around while cleaning. Make it fun so the toddler can help also. Split up the housework for different days. Enjoy time with your babies and nap when you need it. The husband will get over it. Just because he works doesn’t excuse him from helping from time to time

1 Like

You Don’t. Let it Go…do what’s important ,relax and enjoy your babies.

1 Like

Shiii… I been a single father for 8 years. I shouldve asked this question a long time ago. I need help too​:rofl::rofl:

Same here :joy: i have a toddler, and i am at work from 7:30 AM- 12 NN then 1-5 PM from Monday to Friday. I am alsona hobby baker. All i can say is, i cannot manage the house well. My husband comes home every Friday night and goes back Monday morning. Been looking for a househelp but to no avail.

I designate a room a day… so Monday: bedroom Tuesday: bathroom etc and then have my “daily” laundry/dishes/sweep floors. That way I know I pnly have the one bog project and I always do it AFTER naps cause I need one to lol I was getting SO behind trying to do it all everyday and every room doesn’t need to be touched every day. If you can keep up with a room a day it’s so much less stressful! And I designate Friday for any projects that aren’t weekly like cleaning out the fridge etc.

Just start building a routine, start small like throwing a load on when you get up, doing dishes after kids have all had morning food. Just add in things as you’re feeling up to it then ask hubby for help on weekend

I have 3. 5 years, 20 months, and 6 months. It’s impossible. I try to divvy it out thru the week. Like one day is dust/wipe down day. Next day is sweep/mop/vaccum day. One day is for bathrooms. Etc. I also pick up at the end of the day. It makes it easier on me this way. But it doesn’t always happen. I’d rather spend the time with my kids or take that much needed nap or whatever. I don’t work so I don’t expect my husband to come home and clean but he will help with the kids while I do something or on his days off he will help clean sometimes. Teamwork is key. Understanding is key. And not stressing over a perfect house is key.

1 Like

Keep doing what you are doing. As long as your babies are safe, everything else will fall into place. I cared for 10 children and it was very hard to keep things together so I stressed myself into illness. Take care to pamper yourself too because you are needed.

2 Likes

Wow… leave him at home for the day, then come home at 5pm… and act like he does !!!

2 Likes

I’m cleaning all the time throughout the day when I keep our home clean. I have a 4 yr old, 2 yr old and a newborn keeping me busy. I get in modes where I can keep our home clean but then I get in funks and the house will be messy. Messy house means I had a rough day and my fiance.know s this so he’ll help tidy up when he gets home. Same with supper. Your husband should be helping you. You need your rest to and there’s nothing wrong if it’s messy. You’re smart to sleep when baby sleeps. So whwn my home is clean, I’m cleaning g up all day throughout the day and cleaning up after my toddlers.

1 Like

I used to be on top of things when my 5 kids were young because my ex husband would grill me if I didn’t. It stressed me out so bad thinking I wasn’t good enough for him. Then I learned the house cleaning is an endless cycle of repetitive nonsense. The more you focus on that, the less you focus on the kids. The kids aren’t going to remember if the house was spotless, they’re going to remember the moments you spent with them. Then I started doing little things like a load of laundry a day and 5 minute timers (whatever I could get done in 5 minutes is all I’d do). Then I set a schedule for things that actually need deep cleaning and see if you can see if a friend can watch the kiddos for a couple hours a week while you handle it or better yet hire a cleaning service.

5 Likes

First have a play area or room , next group toys in totes and only one tote out at a time per child , one tote must be picked up before they can get another .
Second put baby in play yard and let toddler watch a show while you clean .
I used baby gates to keep the kids and toys in tbe play area/room .
Let the kids amuse themselves.

Determine what’s most important. I’m a single mom of 5. And work two jobs everything isn’t going to get done everyday but each day there are certain things I focus on - and than weekends deep clean when I don’t work. So maybe focus on certain tasks daily such as laundry / one room a day / than husbands days off focus on bigger things - dust, bathrooms, bedding ext

Best to try n clean as you go after meals playtimes baths ect… It gets overwhelming if not. Even when im tired i push through

Certain days for certain things. Mondays and Tuesdays are laundry days (I work Wed-Sun). Wed is bathrooms, thursdays are bedrooms, and then the weekend to do whatever. Kitchen and living room get done daily in 20 min intervals.

You don’t. You do what you can, and if there ever comes a time when you can keep up on it… well, then you should let the rest of us in on your secret. Seriously.

I don’t! Not every day at least. I have days we’re I do good and some days, like specifically for me, Fridays and Saturdays I let it slide, I just keep up with the dishes those days. Maybe your husband needs to understand that living with a toddler and a baby means, that as soon as you clean, it gets torn up in seconds. It’s the same for all us moms.

3 Likes

I take Pre work out lol. It’s organic and all vegetables but I can clean a whole two story house…js.
Every time I pass through a room I take a 2-4 things with me and take it to its location. I’ll drag one empty laundry basket into the living room and toss toys into it with my toddler and make it into a game, I also play the clean up song and so my toddler helps. I do laundry as I clean, so towels/ sheets then clothes is last. So while I rest my feet I can sit and watch tv while I hang clothes. I’ll also throw wet clothes into a basket and start the washer if I have a couple of minutes left in the dryer. I work and dad works so I don’t always do this alone but I rather do it so it gets done properly :laughing:. I have a 3 year old and a teen in the house. I wake up early or I stay up late doing it sometimes.

Keep them TV off. Lol jk

My cleaning comes in spurts haha. I went awhile with doing the minimum because I just had no energy and I’m on a cleaning spree right now. Folded TONS of laundry and did about half the dishes today. Wish I had some sound advice for you, good luck! Don’t be too hard on yourself, it gets very overwhelming with multiple littles.

Ill also mention I have OCD and bad anxiety if my house is messy… so I honestly power thru just because I’ll be in a terrible mood if its not done. I only work 3 days a week but I deep clean 1x a week. I clean thru out the day. Laundry I save for Tuesday. I do dishes after dinner and once everyone’s in bed. During my work week I do dishes and pick up the house so it’s clean when I get up.
I have a 2.5, 5, 6.5 year olds.
It’s rough. Somedays the house isn’t always spotless. Just do what you are able to. Your home with the babies all day. That is your job. I’m sure your up with the baby at night too. So your exhausted.

2 Likes

Kids are a 24/7 job. If he can’t help after he worked then do cleaning weekends when he can help with a baby. If he thinks you do nothing during day/night, leave for two three days and see what he says about doing nothing all the time with kids, while you’re gone. Or get a job, if it’s bothers him so much, so you can both hire a sitter and a cleaner. He will change his mind fast about how hard it is to help his wife with HIS OWN CHILDREN.

2 Likes

Find some kind of contraptions they can sit in or play in while you are doing chores that will keep them from getting into anything

Hire a cleaning lady and don’t tell him. Take all the credit

3 Likes

I don’t sleep! I’m constantly cleaning!

I pick up and clean as I go. I have a 6 month old and 10 year old and my 10 year old doesn’t even pick up after herself. So I take care of the baby, her, house, animals, meals all of it……

I used to stress about this, then someone once told me, “houses were built to be lived in.” It’s taken me a while to adjust, my house is clean, but there’s always “stuff” laying around, there’s always some toothpaste in the sink, my ceiling fans have dust on them.
We can live in tidy houses when they move out!

On a side note, I make sure my kitchen is clean before I go to sleep, and my bed is made in the morning… it’s the ONLY thing I have control of in terms of tidiness.
Keep on Keepin on! :sunglasses:

7 Likes

I don’t have much for advice because I’m horrible at staying on top of the house. Hubby does most of the cleaning honestly. But I find what helps me is to do multiple small tasks throughout the day. Throw in laundry right away in the morning. Pick up toys quick when the kiddos are done with them etc. If I don’t make it a full on “I need to get this whole room spotless” it makes it a lot easier. If I feel like making it spotless, hubby and I tag team it after the kiddos are in bed.

2 Likes

It’s not you’re job to clean by yourself.

4 Likes

Leave him with the kids for a few days so he can see as soon as you’re done cleaning one room and onto the next room they done trashed the room you just got done cleaning :rofl: I just make sure dishes stay done.

1 Like

When my son was small I would attempt a chore a day. Bathroom one day etc., vacuuming next.

I use a baby carrier while I do dishes and with my toddler I would assign them tiny jobs to “help”. Give them a rag to wipe a table, have them pick up toys, have them throw away some trash…simple things and give lots of praise for the help.

No, your job is to care for your family. Lower your expectations. When those babies are grown, you can have a perfectly clean, empty house.

3 Likes

Your house doesn’t have to be perfect or even close to it all the time girl. And that is perefectly okay. :yellow_heart: I struggled for so long finding a good routine for my home and it always seemed like a vicious cycle of having the house clean only to take a couple days break because of being busy all the time and it becoming a tornado before I even knew what happened. I’ve found that waking up an hour before any of my kids are up, having coffee, and then cleaning with no distractions or kids making more messes is the easiest and least stressful way of keeping a tidy home. Also have your kiddos do chores if they can. I used to be the mom who always felt like I had to do everything but when I started having my kids help with chores it was amazing how much it helped. They are 3 and 6. They can both unload and reload the wash (I start the machines), take out the trash, vacuum, sort laundry, pick up toys, scrape and rinse dishes after meals, and help with entertaining their sister. They love helping when I need them to. Our home gets messy sometimes. I am learning to stop stressing over it and just take a deep breathe then start tackling the messes. And remind myself this is just part of raising these precious babies. It sucks and it’s hard sometimes still (I don’t think that will ever go away completely) but changing my attitude and routine has done my sanity wonders. We all have the same or at least similiar struggles with keeping our houses. Your not alone mama :yellow_heart:

Wait really?.. it isnt your job only to clean. Sorry but you both live in the house, you both can and should clean. Taking care of kids all day IS a job in itself. Just like his. They’re your priority. NOT your house. At the end of the day is when you BOTH can tag team the house. It’s 2022, time to ditch the his job her job crap and work as a TEAM.

7 Likes

I learned to multi task.,decide what’s most important. learned to let things go some—I found that if I could get all of the beds made, they take up so much space in a room, that it helped SEEM like I had done a lot in straightening and gave me a mental boost to do other things! I always liked to keep dishes done up and laundry washed. even tho it sometimes didn’t get folded and put away properly, but tried as clothes out of place can make a home look messy! My husband worked for farmers so wasn’t available to help, but sometimes I just HAD to rest if and when the youngns’ took naps, which they were reluctant to do. So learned to sneak in Power naps at odd times! It is ironic that now when I CAN sleep, my eyes will not go shut till the sun comes up at age 90 YEARS!! Probably because I would also try to clean off cabinets, scrub floors at night while my family of husband and 4 kids slept! Haha—Might as well plan on always feeling tired for many years!

2 Likes

When I can’t get anything done my partner helps out :woman_shrugging: even if he just got home from work. We’re a team. He understands what it’s like to be the only one home with the kids and that they sometimes need your attention all day, so chores get pushed back.

5 Likes

Start small, love! I take an area a day to focus on. It’s too overwhelming to get it all done in a day.

So like Monday I’ll make my kitchen focus. Wipe down appliances, countertops, go thru the fridge, sweep and mop or vacuum. Tuesday is laundry day. Whatever is on the floor, In hampers, in the bathroom. Laundry ONLY. Wash, dried, folded and put away. Wednesday I usually have as a rest day or I’ll pick up and just do the floors. Vacuum carpets / rugs, sweep and mop / swifter hard floors. Thursday I get all the trash out and clean / dust the living room and bedroom. Friday I focus on the bathroom and then rest and get time with the hubby over the weekend (usually end up doing another load or two of laundry one of the weekend days) before starting over on Monday.

I used to clean at night when they went to bed and played all day with them during the day my two middle kids were 18 months apart !! I also got my bestie to come over and we would work together !! Would switch with my neighbors one day I have all the kids hers and mine she would clean her house and next day was my turn works with help don’t be afraid to ask for it !!

You don’t until they get older and it definitely doesn’t make you a bad wife, mom, or house cleaner! Houses are meant to be lived in. Your stay at home mom doing everything by yourself your husband should understand that. One day kids will be older it’s just a phase that will pass.

2 Likes

Dude…I’m not even a mom, other than pet mom…and I hired a cleaning person for once a week…and I steady pick up after myself daily…they do laundry and everything I don’t want to do (bathrooms, dusting, floors)

1 Like

Get help, someone to watch the kids one day a week or clean the house or both. You could get up earlier or stay up after they go to bed.

1 Like

I just did it. It really helped that I have insomnia. So I slept at night for maybe 3 to 4 hours and up all day. Got most cleaning done while kids were napping. Dinner and everything else before bed. Quick tidy up before I went to bed. That’s just me though. I love and MISS being stay at home mum.

1 Like

I do one room a day, lol. So everything basically rotates with what’s clean. And then at night after all 3 kids are sleeping, I pick up toys and clean the kitchen.

1 Like

Your job is to take care of the kids! That’s a full time job without pay, no breaks & no vacation days. He gets to clock out, you don’t. Tell him to get up & help you- You’re supposed to be a team, you’re not his personal maid. Or tell him he can start paying for daycare if he don’t like it, & then you’ll stay home & make sure the house is clean lol.

4 Likes

6 kids and he never says anything comes in after work asks what can he do, normally I cook and while the kids are done he’s bathing and I’m doing dishes and cleaning that up! takes a lot of work, it’s not the best but I honestly work the best at night when everyone’s asleep, then I wake up to a spotless house, of course gets messy again but not nearly as much ( normally weekends I just hangout with kids and such so takes a few days to catch up) also I find getting everything ready for the next day, clothes, lunches, dinner just know what’s next!

Girl my husband just accepts that either he helps or it’s never going to be perfect lol

2 Likes

No. He helped create the kid and the mess. Why isn’t he helping? You’re not his mom. If it’s really an issue then you get a part time job

2 Likes

Make a cleaning schedule

3 Likes

Make a list of things you want done and tick them off you’re not a super human and raising young children is hard work
Do what you can and don’t stress over the small things you didn’t do
You dan also hire someone to come in once or twice a week to come deep clean for you

1 Like

Your number one priority should be caring for the kids. You don’t get to relax for the rest of the day after he gets home from work, neither should he. He needs to come in and help get the work done and the kids taken care of and then you both can decompress and relax. Don’t aim for perfection in the housework. Do what needs to be done and let the rest go until the weekend. Both of you should work together.

1 Like

First motivation is just so hard to find and it’s hard to find accomplishments in being a stay at home mom I totally get it three babies and been a stay at home mom for way to long the mental toll is real :pray:t2::disappointed: that being said I have figured out a pretty good routine took time I also make the bed as soon as I get up that’s how I start my day sounds stupid but it gives me motivation second pick something or somewhere small in your hours the kids don’t make messy to much that was my bed so I bought a new bed set and envoy making my bed because it’s the one nice spot I have that stay mostly made threw the day and doesn’t drive me crazy because it’s upside down as soon as I’m turned around second I always go the main thing dishes garbage laundry after breakfast and coffee it I’m not gonna lie if I fall behind on laundry :basket: it stay behind for a few days but I pull my other half’s clothes out hand fold ect and just leave mine and the kids in the hamper lol he doesn’t say anything took a while but figured it out once those things are done I do my day to day I vacuum at night and do small sweeping threw the day with the kids leather couches were a life saver :raised_hands:t2: we just re did the living room and dining room with wood and man the stuff tracked in is insane next is one of those robot vacuums that’s roll around all day lol you got this no one has their stuff together and if they do it’s because their paying someone a lot or they don’t have kids I have no help with child care ect at ALL so I just had to think smarter not harder and not let being alone bring me down god knows the only reason I have kept my sanity this long is because of him and him only :ok_hand:t2::pray:t2::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: you got this and take a lazy day here and their we all do it !!

1 Like

Accept that it won’t always be perfect, your kids will remember the time you spent with them not how clean the house was, my mom used to say keeping the house spotless while kids are young is like shovelling the driveway in the middle of a snow storm

2 Likes

I do all sheets and laundry one day a week (usually Fridays so he has clean work clothes for the upcoming week), bathrooms one day, then I rotate other rooms one a day. Pick up daily messes at night. Saturday and Sunday are family time and I let most everything go until Monday morning.

1 Like

I have to skip nap time and give them activities while I clean or carry the little one along. I grocery shop, clean. Mop vacuum and do laundry all through out the day eith them and work a full time job. Don’t ask me how to eat healthy, make time for exercise or self care lmao

2 Likes

I know the feeling! All too well! What you’ll need to do is make a list of household chores and divide them up among the five days of the week, or all seven if you want to. Do not include dishwashing and laundry. These are jobs you’re going to find yourself working on every day. You may want to include taking a broom to whatever floor you are on when you feed your baby. That one is bound to need it. Try to do your dishes up after each meal. That helps a lot. When your kids crash after breakfast, go ahead and nap. If you have a load of laundry, throw that in the washer first. Nap till the kids get up. Change and feed them. Put the toddler in a pak-n-play. Have one for the baby too. Put the baby in the second pak-n-play for tummy time. Throw laundry in the dryer. Now would be a good time to run the vacuum and dust. Or clean the bathroom. Or clean out the fridge. Or do whatever other job might be on your list. As long you are in line of sight of the pak-n-plays and within earshot. Now it will probably be time for lunch. Fix lunch. Feed the kids. Down for nap. All of you. When you get up, spend some time cuddling the babies. Then put them in the pak-n-plays while you fold the laundry and put the stuff away. Spend more time with the kids. Keep an eye on the time. Depending on how you feel, no w would be a good time to either order in dinner or to fix dinner. Feed the kids first. Put them in front of the TV while you and hubby eat. The kids can be watching TV while you two eat. After you and hubby each spend some time with the kids, it’s bedtime. Give them each a snack. Graham crackers and milk, or formula. That should help them sleep. Good luck.

At least once a month pay for a deep cleaning. This helps so much. I hate baseboards! It’s so worth the cost.

Nothing is easy with a baby and a toddler. My only advice is to set a timer 30 minutes before the hubby gets home and speed clean. Cause if you clean at 9am or noon. The toddler is going to drag it all out before daddy gets home. If daddy can see that it looks nice when he walks in… That will do the trick