How Do You Safely Co-Sleep with a Toddler and an Infant?

Read of a family who co-slept with their kids and at age 2 on their birthday the whole family went in a shopping trip.to get the 2 yr old a new bed that the child helped select. The mom said that the 2 yr old took s while to sleep the whe night in his/her big kid bed but by age 3 slept thers most nights. She said they went from parent’s bed to older siblings or their own bed during thst time. If you want to read about it. Her graduate thesis id published as “The Family bed” it is older published before 1985 but may still be found at some libraries or bookstores with older books. Ask for help searching at the reference desk at your library.

I would work on a bed time routine to get the older one inter their own bed. Just before my daughter turned 2 we started a new routine to get her weaned and into her own bed. We started with brushing teeth, picking out jammies, and then reading a story, usually daddy read while I rocked her, and then I would sing her to sleep as I rocked her…as she’s gotten older it’s adjusted to her in her bed and one of us sitting next to her reading to her, and just reading til she falls asleep, now, we are putting limits on how longer will read to her so that she learns to fall asleep on her own. Throughout this entire process we end up with her coming into our room.

My oldest was 14months when my second was born. I co slept and tandem nursed. Many people were against it, but it’s what gave me peace and what made me as a mom happy. Follow your instincts. My boys are 7 and 8 and sleep in their own beds now. Wish you all the best

When I had my 4th child my other son was still in bed with me but once the baby arrived and he slept with us my older son wanted to go into his own bed on his own saying the baby was too loud and he didn’t want to deal with it. Lol but it worked for me so I didn’t feel bad about booting him out.

I slept with my 4yo and my new born their dad slept on the other bed my 4yo because he was kinda jealous and my newborn because it was just easier just do what works for u every family is different

Everyone just piled in. The infant would always be in the crook of my arm and everyone just got comfy. I had three: 4, 16 months, and a newborn. I’m a very light sleeper so the slightest thing off I’d be up.

1 Like

I co sleep with my kids but kept newborn in a cot besides the bed for the first year.

I would think one on each side, never together. And get you a big bed if your husband is included. A California king is awesome.

No young child should co sleep with an adult. They can be suffocate d in seconds and you will regret it for the rest of your life

Well, YOU DONT SLEEP WITH A NEWBORN!!

Lol I wasn’t ever able to get more than one in the bed at a time. Toddlers roll too much. The few times we have had more than one in the bed, bigger/older one slept close to daddy and the baby would sleep close to me. We use a pregnancy pillow for buffer in the middle if putting baby on the inside.

My oldest is 18 months older than his brother. We slept with out kids with us when they were small. When I had the baby we set up a little bed next to me and had the baby on the other side. As time went on the older one went to sleep with his sister then we transitioned the baby to the side of bed. It took about a year but it worked. I should also mention that my oldest is 6 years older than my boys. But we did the same with her. We just built a little bed for her next to us and as they grew up they moved to their own rooms and beds. It feels good to have room in our bed but at the same time we missing a tiny person…haha

If you don’t need to hear. What anyone has to say. Then why the fuck are u asking just quit sleeping with u 2 year old. Fix the room up so it’s there’s. And take the problem. On ur own if u got a two year old. Then u should b knowing what ur doing

BINARY OPTIONS IS AMAZING!!!
I never knew I could get all my lost money back after been scammed by many fake account managers I was so frustrated but every thing changed when I met Mrs naomie mulopu she was God sent to me , I invested $350 but now I’m making up to $10000 just in 5days of trading…Since Mrs naomie mulopu started managing my account, I’ve never noticed any form of payment delay, no extra charges. Thank you so much Mrs naomie mulopu for bringing my trade progress up. I see a brighter future now.
Thanks Mrs naomie mulopu
You can contact her​:point_down: :point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:https://www.facebook.com/naomie.mulopu