How do you wash chicken?

I don’t wash mine. I just drain the excess liquid into the sink. Once in the pan I pay dry them separate the skin from the breast and rub seasoned butter in between the skin and meat, put some cut up onion and celery into the cavity, cover and bake. 1/2 way through remove the foil and baste periodically until done and skin is brown.

take it out of the package and rinse the meat under cold water then put it on a clean plate or whatever you plan to cook it in.

2 Likes

I have never washed chicken. It just spreads bacteria.

17 Likes

I rinse my chicken and other meat in cool water in the sink just to make sure there are no little bone fragments or anything that’s hanging on. Then I disinfect my sink right after.

3 Likes

You’re really not supposed to because bacteria.

5 Likes

You don’t wash chicken!!! That’s so gross. You just pay dry with a paper towel. Ask any chef!

5 Likes

Omg… RUN these in laws will be hell on wheels :face_with_spiral_eyes:
I’m dead serious.

4 Likes

I always wash my chicken salt vinegar

2 Likes

I soak mine in a bowl in the sink in warm water with white vinegar and lemon juice for about 5 minutes or so then go in and rub each piece of chicken to make sure its clean under the skin etc. Rinse with warm water, then cold water, pat dry and season.

1 Like

I just rinse mine with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.

6 Likes

Rinse under cold water. Wash sink after with soap & water. Been doing this for 50 years

3 Likes

I wash it bc its untelling where that chicken has been before its packaged…yuck!

2 Likes

Or you could just not serve chicken when they come over. Or, would they ask you more questions about how you cook? :thinking:

Salad. Just do salad. :laughing:

6 Likes

You don’t. Literally every single person who has taken a food safety course knows that it just spreads bacteria. Doesn’t matter if they “wash their sink” right after. That shit splashes.

Cold water and a cap or 2 of vinegar. In a bowl. Just place and move around for a few min put on cutting board and pat dry

1 Like

Cold water white vinegar and lemon in a bowl let it sit for 5 mins then cook immediately

Omg :woman_facepalming:t2: NO! You do not wash chicken. FDA guidelines state you should not wash it. It spreads bacteria. As someone who has worked in restaurants forever, it’s literally a rule.

12 Likes

Just say yes and don’t actually wash it cause that is ridiculous

2 Likes

Some cultures (like mine) do wash/rinse their meat in water and lemon juice, or water and vinegar, prior to seasoning. Try it and see if you like doing it. My hubby is used to doing it now too. Also don’t laugh at his family about this because they probably take it seriously. It’s a strong belief and practice in some cultures.

3 Likes

Just rinse it with cold water in a colander in the sink……

Run the bath water, not too hot, add bubbles and hand him a wash cloth. Make sure he washes behind his ears :face_with_spiral_eyes:. This is a joke right………:face_with_peeking_eye::face_with_spiral_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl:

5 Likes

I usually just run under cold water to get the blood and any other fluids or germs off it! Then pat dry with paper towel then season then cook it.

Soak it a bowl of salt water for an hour. It draws the blood out. And for everyone saying “Ew no bacteria and the water splashes everywhere” well then what do you do about washing the cutting boards and knifes? Same thing happens. Just don’t have the water pressure full blast when rinsing chicken off

1 Like

We do not live like hundreds of yrs ago where meat was fresh! With that being said, you should wash all meat before cooking and then clean sink and cutting boards well!!

8 Likes

Lol after cutting jus pt it in a bowl of water n leave it there it rinses itself

I would respond back do they need me to? Lol

Yes
You wash under cold running water after you cut it up

When you cook the chicken it kills all the bacteria.

4 Likes

Someone said don’t cook chicken, just do salad. Then someone else said but then she would be questioned about washing her vegetables. Lol! I feel this girl probably can’t win with these people no matter what she cooks so here is a solution…
I would accidentally only purpose break the stove and then act completely clueless when it won’t work. Oh well!! Looks like we all have to go out to dinner tonight😁

2 Likes

I never have… just cook it, that kills whatever could be on it… :woman_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

It means brine in this context.

Only time I wash my chicken, is depending on how slimy it is when I pull it it out. But I don’t wash I just rinse and then dry it with paper towels.

1 Like

I wash my chicken with water and vinegar before prepping it.

1 Like

Lol lots of people do this. I don’t care. It cooks off anyways

Rinsing it is washing it

1 Like

I don’t but I soak in pickle juice lol

Sounds like his family is black. :joy: Cold water, vinegar and lemon/lime juice.

6 Likes

No. You are cooking it to temp so don’t need to wash it. Gross. Do not wash it’s not fruit.

2 Likes

I always rinse it with plain water but you have to be careful not to splash the water everywhere because you will splash germs everywhere also causing cross contamination.

2 Likes

Yes wash your chicken rinse it off in cold water then put it in the pot or roaster and cook it but yes wash it off

Rinse under running water.

1 Like

You don’t. Washing chicken sprays bacteria ALL over your kitchen. :flushed::person_facepalming:

1 Like

Rinse off your chicken with cold water is what that means .I wash mine but I do all meat except hamburger. But my choice.

You shouldn’t wash chicken. And those that do if it’s slimy!!!:nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face: it’s slimy for a reason and that’s because it needs to be in the bin!!

1 Like

Rinse under cool water.

1 Like

Don't Wash Your Chicken - MN Dept. of Health.

2 Likes

Those saying you should, Why?? There’s no need and from a cross contamination pov, you shouldn’t, so why do you? If it’s because of bacteria, cooking it will get rid of it

1 Like

No you’re not supposed to. That will spread more germs to more places.

4 Likes

Not with soap. No one uses soap

I rinse with water, then use acv and lime juice as a soak.

Y’all wild’in’today :rofl:

Cooking chicken works just fine…

1 Like

My mama always washed every piece by running water over it and scrubbing a little. I don’t. I know a man who wiped his down with Clorox!

1 Like

No you aren’t suppose to wash your chicken. Never understood wtf a bit of wash was suppose to wash off anyways unless your pulling feathers off the bird. Does nothing but contaminat your sink and kitchen.

6 Likes

I’m of the understanding that if chicken is fully cooked all bacteria is killed making washing the meat irrelevant

4 Likes

Yes, wash your meat with vinegar, lime, and cool water.

1 Like

Never have in all my life

4 Likes

I’ve always heard not to wash your chicken. It spreads the germs around. But a sometimes I just rinse it under that faucet. I’d tell him that no you don’t wash your chicken. And if they didn’t like it then they can cook :joy:

4 Likes

Unless your freshly plucking it YOU DONT

1 Like

I’ve never washed my chicken before cooking it. I’ve always just cooked it and I’ve been fine

Run some cold water over it, pat dry, season, and cook. That easy.

3 Likes

After leaving my previous job 12 months ago, i’ve had some good luck to learn about this website which was a life-saver for me… They offer jobs for which people can work online from their house. My latest paycheck after working for them for 4 months was for $14080… Amazing thing about is that the only thing required is simple typing skills and access to internet…

Read all about it here… https://MakeMoney36.pages.dev

You dont… cooking kills any bacteria

1 Like

No you don’t need to wash your chicken

With that comment, be ready for allllll their criticism

2 Likes

Depending on what type you bought, I usually trim off excess fat, and pull off any feather parts. I rinse it off with cold water and pat dry with paper towel.
I usually do this in my sink on my cutting board. I clean both once I am done.

3 Likes

Just do a rinse under running water and you’re good!

1 Like

You shouldn’t wash chicken. It spread bacteria and whatever else. Just cook it. Tell them you wash the chicken. Lol

6 Likes

Lmao :rofl:Welllll … when I wash things I go with some WATER​:woman_shrugging::thinking::rofl:

3 Likes

Just rinse it In the sink under cold water

No! People who “wash” or rinse their chicken are literally creating MORE of a bacterial hazard in their kitchen. Pat dry with a paper towel. Wash your hands. Season. And cook it however you plan on cooking it.

6 Likes

The only time i wash my chicken is if some of the paper that they have under the plastic gets on the chicken lol and when i wash it, it’s just a rinse under water and then straight into whatever I’m cooking it in :woman_shrugging:t2:

I have never washed chicken. Ever.

1 Like

Yes wash it just rinse it with water.

Clean your sink out with either bleach OR vinegar and dawn dish soap. Close the drain, pour cold water on it, wash it, put it in a bowl and dry it off. It’ll need to be cooked immediately after, while it’s cooking clean your sink out again with one of either dawn dish soap and vinegar or bleach.

2 Likes

My in-laws from an island wash their chicken with lime and salt in water before seasoning and cooking.

1 Like

NO! I’m ServSafe certified. You do not wash the chicken because you are just aerosolizing all of the germs on the chicken. Just cook it to 165 degrees internally and all the germs will be killed.

9 Likes

I mean regardless of whether you wash it, it is still salmonella heaven until it gets cooked. I never got the point of that. Let’s just spread it all over the sink and the counter too. :laughing: Just try your best, this lady sounds like she’ll find a reason to not like something you do one way or the other. :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

I wash my chicken. Depending on how I’m going to prepare it I rinse each piece in running water first then place in a bowl and either do a salt water brine or a teaspoon of vinegar in a huge bowl of water to sit while I wash my sink and wash my hands and prep the rest of the meal. I do all the chopping and seasoning of flour (if im frying), get the fresh veggies started and such. (Garden fresh peas take a little longer to cook).
I don’t know how or why some have concerns about spreading germs with rinsing. If the chicken was stored properly bacteria shouldn’t be growing BUT it can happen, im not one to helicopter chicken before during or after rinsing. I HAVE just rinsed with water and slapped it in some marinade because the marinade ingredients lend some properties that don’t allow growth of bacteria in the amount of time I need.
I just can’t cook chicken that’s been stewing it in own kill juices on a giant meat maxi pad. But that’s just MY personal issues with store bought chicken.

1 Like

The odd time if I am not in a rush I rinse it off with vinegar and water, pat dry, season it up and cook it! It’s not the end of the world if you don’t, just tell them you do lol

I wash it soak it with some vinegar and water . Then slice lemons and rubber it on the chicken.

You don’t wash chicken it’s spreads bacteria around your sink and other foods

5 Likes

Marilyn Matthews kyk hier​:rofl: en ons van afrika was ons hoender​:rofl::rofl: ai ne man

Wash it​:rofl::rofl::rofl: it went straight from the freezer to the crockpot. It’s fine.

I never wash my chicken it can create bacterial problems

If you’re going to wash your chicken, follow the advise already given, BUT, before cooking or touching anything else, clean the sink and counters with an antibacterial cleaner really well.

2 Likes

I’ve never washed chicken just cook it to the correct temperature and you’ll be fine.

2 Likes

Girl clean that chicken with some baking soda and pull all the slime and access fat off

1 Like

You’re not supposed to wash chicken. The water splashes, the bacteria from the chicken covers all of the surfaces and crockery nearby which is a cross contamination nightmare.

1 Like

Rinse it off in water. Just to get whatever junk attaches to it in the processing plant.

Lmao that’s funny :laughing::rofl::joy:…I just rinse mine off really good

Literally never washed.

Yes u wash it… take a knife & get all feathers off of it- & the slime clear stuff… then put it in a pan bigger than the chicken… put water in the pan & some butter, seasoning of your choice & cook it on 350 til it gets done… put tin foil on it til it gets almost done…when it gets done enough I put slits… in it then put the juice from chicken all over it will keep it moist- hope this helps…

1 Like

I noticed a crowd of people giving thanks to Mr. Bunker for helping them. So I decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise my first two weeks of trading was very successful, I made a very responsible amount that I can’t even get from my current job, I guess someone might need his help as well, I can’t stop sharing his good works :pray::pray:Click on the link to contact him, :point_down::point_down: :point_down:

Just rinse under cold water every piece. If you really want to go all in an remove the slimy stuff then use lime juice and it falls right off it. Some chicken has too much fat and I usually just rip it off while I’m rinsing it. Good luck even if you don’t just say yeah I washed it
Problem solve
If they ask how just say under running water and lime juice.

1 Like

I wash it with white vinegar , or lime and water and I let sit there for a bit

1 Like

Every day I am tremendously humbled and honored to have the unique opportunity to work under such an amazing person like you. Mr. Joshua Bunker!! Thanks for guiding me on crypto trading, you are the best to recommend when it comes to crypto trading Redirecting...

It just means to rinse it with cold water and pat dry before seasoning. It’s a reasonable request.

2 Likes

Lemon juice salt or vinegar

You don’t wash chicken before cooking it you will spread bacteria all over your sink and counters. A simple google search would tell you that.

3 Likes

We only wash chickens before a show we rince it before we cook it

1 Like