How is it getting your tubes tied?

Make him get the vasectomy.

1 Like

If you get them removed you reduce your risk of ovarian cancer.

1 Like

It’s totally up to you. Just remember if he gets sniped there’s still a chance you can get pregnant for a certain amount of time. I had my tubes tied when I was 21. Right after I had my son. I have a girl and a boy that’s all I wanted but either way if he had been a girl I was still getting my tubes tied. I never had any issues because I had always had pain with my period. So at 23 I had to have a total hysterectomy because I had endometriosis. My dr said it was the most severe case she’s ever seen. I’ve felt great sense. Point is it’s totally up to you and your husband. Please do think hard and long on it. Good luck

I had mine tide at 35 and did fine no pain at all

1 Like

Mine are tied, cut, and cauterized. No regrets although there was some pain after.

2 Likes

I had my tubes cut, tied, and burned when I had my second (also, second c-section) and all they do is take care of it right then and there while you’re cut open. It felt no different than my first c-section.

1 Like

Wish I wouldn’t have gotten it done.

2 Likes

Look up post tubal ligation syndrome. I regret it so much.

1 Like

Actually had mine done 4 weeks ago. My youngest is 10. I had the IUD since she was born. No periods in 10 years. I have yet to have a period since getting my tubes removed and my IUD removed. So idk how the flow is going to be or the cramps. Recovering was fine, but I was on tramadol and 600mlgm ibuprofen for the first week so all I did was sleep. DO NOT DRINK CARBONATED DRINK till a week after. The swelling in your stomach will cause more pain. But the pain was bearable with the pain meds. I have had no issues so far and am completely healed. Took about 2 weeks to get back to work and so far so good.

I had mine tied 7 years ago after my 6th baby & went back to work the very next day, just felt normal, no pain etc. But periods been a lot heavier & irregular

I regret getting mine done and nothing problems since then

It’s not that bad, the gas is the worst part

Overall getting them tied… I was okay but the periods, every other one, was heavy ass hell… It felt like I was having a miscarriage

And yes I had a miscarriage before but everyone else is different… even my doctor said get on birth control to control it… but I’m just over everything so I just deal with it

Ok. I relize I’m a horror story but I’m the horror story no one told me. I got my tubes tied at 25 (that’s as soon as it’s legal in my state). I had 5 kids and was divorced. I had a tubal (ectopic) pregnancy and I am whole heartedly anti abortion. My second husband wanted a child and I couldn’t. I had an abdominal surgery, got pregnant and miscarried twins. I had a tubal repair (to repair my tubal ligation, not my tubes) and then another tubal (ectopic) pregnancy.
I was told that this is all VERY COMMON! NOT THAT I WAS RARE OR THAT IT WAS A FLUKE. Read everything that you can get your hands on.

I had it done last month it wasn’t too bad the bleeding was the worse honestly no swelling they used glue to close it up.

Had mine done today just sore a lil n a lil pain but that’s it

I got mine tied at 24 right after my son. My periods got 1000 times worse than ever

I am 35 and just had my second and final baby not quite 3 months ago…not by choice I had some medical issues during pregnancy. My tubes have been completely removed and I have had zero issues with my period it is still the same time of month and same consistency. I do get a little more crabby but hey who doesn’t when they have a 2½ yr old and a new born as well as run a farm and the rest of things in life.

I’m 21 and got my tubes completely removed after 2 kids 6 year old and a 2 month old

I had mine tied after my second baby, I was 21. I had no side effects. I was up and going 3 days after my surgery (and giving birth) I had a good experience!

After I got mine done my periods got so bad I’ve had a chemical hysterectomy until I can afford an actual one.

I had a c-section with my third and wanted my tubes tied. I’m also 25. It wasnt bad and I dont regret it at all. The only thing that happend after was I hemorrhaged and they had to do the fundal massage on me, which is the worst. But again I don’t regret it, just make sure you REALLY think it through. If there’s even an inkling of a possibility that you may want another baby in the future, do not get the tubal. You need to be like 120% sure that no matter what happens in your life you dont want another baby.

1 Like

2 years ago after having our 3rd baby I had my tubes tied at 27 a few months later my husband got a vasectomy now we’re both fixed it’s great!

I know a few people who have had a tubal done and then conceived afterwards. Theyre not 100% guaranteed

I got mine tied when I was 23 after my 3rd baby! No regrets at all! Surgery was in and out the same day. Recovery not quite a week. If you are seriously done having babies then go for it!

1 Like

I got mine 4 weeks ago, it went smooth, had a little pain so I took my pain meds, rest the first week take it slow, incisions healed great. I kept tight yoga pants on to not be loose and get hurt. I am 31 and have 3 kids with my husband, we felt complete and I chose to tie my tubes

I had my tubes removed when I was 26. I was uncomfortable for about a day and then the next day I was fine… Also, my periods are a little irregular and the were painful for a couple years but now they have calmed down. Still irregular but not painful and heavy.

Don’t do it. It sucks. Longer periods. Heavier periods. Never had cramps until then as well. Had it done when I was 28 after my 3 child. I’m almost 50 now. If I had have known I would never do it.

I did mine at time of delivery and had no additional recovery time or pain. That was 22 years ago.

If your husband is willing to get snipped then let him! Leave your body intact.

Well I had mine with our second daughter csection , I’ve regretted not having one or two more but you seem adamant about being done! So as long as you’re foresure done I say go get done heck let your hubs do it too just not on same day I hear men swell really bad !My sister had vaginal births and then had laparoscopic tubal she was a bit uncomfortable but she doesn’t handle pain well

I had mine tied and my husband got snipped to

I’ve had my tubes removed for about 3 1/2 yrs or so and a menstrual ablation about 2 1/2 - 3 yrs best decision ever! No periods and definitely can’t have an oops!

I had mine done the day after having my 2nd and final baby. My doctor suggested that it would be easier and faster recovery time if I had it done after giving birth rather than having to go back after recovery and healing from giving birth to have the surgery. The first few days were pretty sore but beyond that I was fine.

1 Like

I had mine done 6 weeks after my third child. It was a quick outpatient procedure, the incisions are tiny ( 4 of them; right below my bellybutton, one right above my pubic bone, and one on each side, very close to my groin), and my worst side effect was being bloated the day of the surgery. I was up walking around afterward, very little soreness, no nausea. This was my experience with it.

1 Like

Got tubes tied 7 years ago. I have an umbilical hernia now. Horrible pain when it flares. But I did get an ablation and have no periods anymore because they burn the walls of your uterus. That may be a route for birth control.

Got mine tied the day after my daughter was born…she will be 16 in December…only thing my periods got super heavy
Idk if that’s normal or if it was me, I had to have a hysterectomy last year. I had nods and endometriosis…other than I personally had heavy bleeding…no issues at all…it was nice not worrying if we decided a surprise :woman_shrugging:t2:
They can grow back depending on how the dr does it (cut, tied, burnt) but it’s a very small percentage

I got mine done at six weeks post partum after my second baby. Piece of cake. Just make sure you can rest after the surgery. I took a week off work for the surgery. I didn’t feel bad and the ibuprofen that they gave my for after my birth worked really well for the pain.

Depends on where u live and their age requirements. Find that out first. And it does hurt A LOT.

My mom. Had her tubes cut tied and burned after my brother was born. And then she got pregnant with me if you truly don’t want anymore children your best bet is a complete hysterectomy

I had it done…it was more pain than the child birth…but that was 35 years ago

I had mine done twelve weeks after giving birth to my second 34 years ago. I don’t remember any pain with it and I had no problems.

No big deal yeah outpatient couple little holes and that’s it and you can’t even see them later

Have it done as you deliver. Do not wait 4-6 weeks hurts way bad. After my last baby nurse gave me water pill pain med. My doctor and anastiologist refused to do surgery. 5 weeks almost healed I was out for 4 days it hurt sooo bad

I don’t get why you couldn’t do right after giving birth while you are there. You used to be able to

1 Like

What does this have to do with Halloween or the fall? Some of us avoid pages that talk about topics like this for many reasons. Not all of us are or can be mother’s! So rude! :rage:

I don’t recommend it. I went through emotional ups and downs with it…

I had mine done when I had a c section with my last child I had my tubes cut 26 weeks later I had an ectopic pregnancy

It’s a quick procedure, had it done after I had my second. Just a little sore, a little bloated. Couldn’t lift Anything heavy for a week or so. I had mine done 4 months P.P

Had my tubes tied after my 2nd…no probs except more fibroids so later 1yr or so later had hysterectomy left a ovary so no hormone replacement and easy recovery! Home same day.

Had my tubes removed. I do not recommend. Let him get snipped.

4 Likes

I had mine removed after my 3rd baby. Had some abdominal bloating and pain but not too bad…i do have EXTRA HEAVY periods since then…i feel like I’m bleeding to death…but I’m happy to not have to worry about birth control though

8 Likes

Easy peasy!!! Had it done in the hospital by the doctor who delivered my last child. She was born Saturday and I had the surgery Monday. Took about 10 days to completely recover from the incision. No worries after that!!

1 Like

Don’t do it. Had mine tied. Periods are worse. Pain is excruciating. And 7 years later I got pregnant with twins.

I havent had mine done but I am an OR nurse and we do them often! These surgeons are amazing and it takes them 30 minutes, quick recovery time. Moms do it after baby is born while they are already in the hospital and they go home, no extra trips.

1 Like

I had mine tied after my last child. I had a c-section so I can’t speak for the procedure, but I can tell you my periods got much worse. The cramps are worse than they have every been and they are ridiculously heavy. I sometimes have to take a blood thickener because of how bad it gets. My GYN said that is pretty common after tubal ligations

I had mine done in my during my csection. Recovery for me was 10000% easier & better than my first csection. I’ve had 2 cycles since and they last about a day longer and are slightly heavier but nothing anymore inconvenient than an average cycle.

1 Like

I had mine done 4 months after my daughter was born. I was a little tender but not a big deal. At least for me

I had mine tied at the time of my c section. My recovery time was a bit longer. I also have heavier periods now. But thankful I don’t have to worry about birth control. I say it’s worth it instead of getting pregnant again if that’s what you want. But if your husband offers to get snipped, have him do so instead :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I had no problem getting my tubal ligation. Mild cramping kinda like a period, nothing major. After the ligation my hormones went CRAZY! Now I have a hormonal belly that won’t go away, depression, anxiety, and absolutely no sex drive! Let him get the snipping down for sure

4 Likes

I had mine tied after my twins were born like right after so the recover lol as the same time as I was recovering from my c section. I actually haven’t had any issues with my periods being worse or different . It hasn’t affected me at all really. It’s been 5 years in July and so far no babies lol

I had mine done after my last baby during my c-section. I honestly don’t think I would do it again. I had very heavy, 2-3 week long period for almost 2 years after the fact. After several ultrasounds, tests and lab work without any ideas as to what may be causing it, the doc finally recommended that I have a partial hysterectomy and have my uterus removed. That was the best decision I ever made. It’s been complete smooth sailing since then.

If you choose one or the other, him getting snipped is alot easier. I had mine tied a month after giving birth. Went in early morning and was back home probably around noon. I was pretty much bed ridden with pain the first 2 days, third day still pretty sore, but mobile. Everyone reacts differently. Not sure if its related but my periods have been kinda different and spotting in between some months. Theh used to be predictable like clockwork.

1 Like

Had mine removed 4 years ago. Moderate pain for 2 days that immediately improved once I had my first post surgery poop. No noticable scars, sex is better because there isn’t an inkling of unconscious worrying, and surprisingly enough, my cycles have stayed the same. Do IT!!!

If he gets snipped then honestly Why would you need ur tubes tied. Plus if u guys decide to have kids later he can get it reversed. And plus the recovery for guys is way easier on them lol

1 Like

I had mine done when I had my daughter.
1st you have to make sure the hospital you go to will do it. Some won’t
2nd have a talk with the Dr about your options for the tubiligation some do it at birth (done to csection) or after
3rd there’s a form you need to sign and make sure to ask for a copy and put it in your to go bag, (sometimes your normal Dr is not there and paperwork gets missed placed)

I only wanted 3 babies. So after my third, I plan getting tied. Im 26. Also want my husband to get done too. To me, it just seems fair for both of us to get cut.

I got my tubes tied 13 years ago after 4 kids. I was 27. I had no issues until after the procedure was done. After, people started telling me, don’t do it. Because they had it done and it actually caused cysts to grow on their overies. I was like, oh well, done now. Since I’ve had it done, every month the cramps are a lot worse and I have had heavier periods that last the full 7 days every month. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I got mine tied after #5. I was 36 and DONE! I had it done within 12 hrs of having her and recovered along with my delivery. I ended up being allergic to the sutures, but other than that I recovered just fine.

Had mine tied a year ago I’m having heavier periods and the cramps are the worse

Why would you both want to get sterilized ??? It is far easier for the Man to get done …so that’s the way I’d be going for sure

1 Like

My husband had a vasectomy since I gave birth to all.the babies! Totally worth it

Hd mine done almost 20 years ago. Glad I did for my health issues but still had few tubal pregnancies

I am 30 and had my tubes removed about two years ago . Honestly one of the best decisions I have made . Yes I was a little sad at first but it’s nice not having to worry about getting pregnant. Definitely a big relief not having to worry about that anymore .

I’ve heard both good and bad things about getting your tubes tied/removed. Same with a full hysterectomy. Which I’m what I’m doing after baby #3 is here! Everyone is different, mama.

Mine was a piece of cake only thong was I moved my shoulder at some point during surgery and messed my shoulder up but besides that my periods last at most 3 days and no other after effects at all recovery time was awesome I was back at it. By like the 3rd day

I had my tunes tied during my last c-section since them already had me opened up. Best decision I’ve ever made. Although my sex drive has gone down a lot so I’m not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Mine didn’t hurt at all! Now… I got them undone and that recovery was about worse than child birth to me!

No no and no. Please do not get your tubes tide. I mean everyone has there own experience but here is mine. I have 4 beautiful children via c-section and the last c section was hard on my body so I stopped. Had I done some research and talk to other mommas I’m 100 percent wouldn’t have got my tubes tide. I’m in my 4th almost 5th year of having them done. I have had horrible cramps along with severe heavy periods. Every time since being tide. I am now dealing with periods lasting 3 weeks. So I finally went to a obgyn and getting some test run to see what’s going on its been horrible and I regret getting my tubes tide even though I don’t want more children it has totally messed my body up :sob::sob::sob:

I had mine tied during my c-section 9 years ago. I knew I didn’t want any more children and it was the best decision, for me. Recovery time was normal (for having a csection as well) and I have no regrets but ultimately everyone’s experience is not the same.

I had mine done while I was on the table following my fourth c-section, recovery took longer and I was a bit sore after than I was for the previous 3 but not sure if that was because it was having my tubes tied or just being my fourth c-section in 5 years

We have 4 kids, 3 boys then our final was a girl. I never had a C-section so didn’t want to have extra surgery, I scheduled my husband’s vasectomy when our youngest was 6 weeks old! It was his turn to take one for the team! He was back at work 2 days later, super quick and easy.

I had a bilateral salpingectomy (both tubes removed). It’s been fabulous! I have 5 bio kids and no regrets!!!

Had my tubes removed last year. No problems except my periods are heavier.

Had my tubes tied years ago after the birth of my twins. I had no problems at all! I recommend it.

Got my tubes removed last year when I was 25. My doctor was against it but I kept asking for it. I am happy that I got it done.

I have six kids just had my last kid which included a placental abruption and blood transfusion and I had my tubes tied at the same time. I walked out of the hospital in less than 20 hours after having the C-section and my tubes died and blood transfusion no extra pain.

I had mine tied at the time of my csection 3months ago after I had my son……I didn’t have any issues w/ healing.

Those babies will get older & you’ll regret the decision. You’re still so young. Do something that isn’t so permanent. Every woman I ever talked to that got their tubes tied regrets it. He can get a vasectomy and those are reversible.

I actually burn mine after my 4th child couple days to recover been great after that

Mine are done for the Second time :joy: I Had Them Reversed And had My Son.Then I said tie cut and Burn And tie Please …:rofl:🙋

Had my tubes tied for 23 years. No problems & you can’t even notice the scar.

I have heard about endometrial ablation. Heard its better. But its only in advertising. Give it a look up!

I had mine done during my 3rd c section. Super easy. Recovery wasn’t any different :slight_smile:

I had my tubal ligation after my 3rd child, the day after she was born, and I have not had any issues. I was 24 years old. My husband was against it and because he was in the Military and I had her at a Military hospital I needed his approval to have my tubal Ligation. He said No and I insisted or I was going to go to a civilian Dr and have it done after he left to go overseas, so he sign the papers. He wanted me to keep trying for a boy. We have 3 daughters and I was done. That was 41 years ago. He’s glad I did it. Make sure you tell your Dr. you do not want anymore children. I had mine’s clipped, tied and burnt. My baby is 38 years old. Getting your tubes tied is not enough, because I know women that have have tubal pregnancy, my daughter being one, so after that she had them, clipped, tied and burnt. That happened to her 2 years ago. She is 40 years old. She has 2 daughters 17 and 11 years old.

Also curious…. My OB said I could have mine tied or removed (I’m also 25 and don’t want anymore kids after this one and made that known)

I just got mine done two weeks ago it wasn’t bad

I had mine tied burned and cut to make sure it was a done deal

I’m one of the lucky ones who’s had the Essure implants for almost ten years no complications or adverse side effects…but with all procedures there are risks.

Just got mine done! On day 3. Recovery is hard but we’ll worth it!