How is it having kids 10-years-apart?

I just found out im pregnant. My kids would be ten years apart. I foresee this being viewed as a major rift for my daughter instead of a blessing. Does anyone have advice? Anyone have kids 10 years apart? How’s it going??

34 Likes

Mine are 28 25 16 and 11. Loved my post 40 play baby. They all do great

1 Like

My sister and I are 18 years apart. She’s still fun! I love her as well.

My kids will be ten years or more when I have another :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Kids are 22, 20, 19, 17, 8 and 6… the teens do teen stuff and the kids do kids stuff. Spend time together on video games, art and family activities.

1 Like

my oldest and youngest are 9yrs apart… the older child was not happy at first but once the baby got here he was alot of help and proud to be the big brother.

I have two daughters there ten years apart and a little boy on the way my 10 year old just is to cool sometimes but most always she is the best help and big sister they adore each other :heart_eyes: just when she is super fussy it’s annoying to my 10 year old ha

My kids are 7 years apart. My son the oldest has a love/hate most of them time with my daughter… they are total opposites as well. He can occupy himself 100% she needs someone to tell her what to do when to do and how. She is ADHD and ODD, he is cool calm and collected. My son and Brother are 7 yrs apart… love each other but never were alike… my sister and brother 7 years apart… love one another to death!

Mine are 17, 15, and 6. My 17 year old and 6 year old are best friends! They are seriously each other’s favorite people. I’m a single mom so I’ve been incredibly grateful to have my old 2 to help babysit!

My 3 year old and 13 year old are really great together. He loves her to death and she is like a second mom.

My husband’s mom had her two ten yrs apart…he is 10yrs older than his sister lol when the youngest is little the older one can help and when they are grown it doesn’t matter they like the same :rofl:

Mine are 17,14,and 5 and they do just fine

Mine are 19 and 12. They fight and hate each other. Have since day 1.

My life right now except my oldest is 12yrs, and I have twin 10 year olds all boys and just gave birth to a baby girl. So far boys are super protective of her and they are all back to watching preschool aged shows because “she likes it”.

me and my youngest sister are 10 years apart and it was nice for my mom because i could help with her when she was younger. now she can be annoying sometimes but we still get along and i can still help her when my mom has work and is busy with rides and such.

My oldest son is 11 and I have a two month old … he absolutely adores his brother and the feeling is mutual… Sometimes my 11 year old gets a little jealous of the time spent with the baby but he absolutely adores him looking forward to see what the relationship becomes

1 Like

Mine are 3 and 13. Its just great lol. rolls eyes they get along good for the most part.

Welp I’m 30 and my baby brother is 2. I love him and it makes for interesting conversation but it’s just kinda whatever. I’m like wayyy older though so it’s not much help but as the older sibling constantly having to explain how TF there is such an age Gap gets pretty annoying

My oldest and youngest are 10 years apart he helped out quite a bit hes over it now that shes 3 lol

1 Like

It’s hard cause my attention goes to the younger kids, which one has autism

Mine are 8 years apart and quite honestly sometimes it’s no different than if they were Irish twins​:woman_facepalming::tired_face::rofl: The big one messes with the little 1 so much that now tdee the little 1 has the same sense of humor as my oldest which is basically just aggravating and messing with someone is hilarious so now even when the oldest is not antagonizing then the little 1 is​:laughing: But they love the shit out of each other and are both really protective of 1 another!

Congrats!!! And my niece and nephew are two peas in a pod. Just remember your oldest is still a kid and give her a lot of attention. :smiley:

Started at 22 last one 42. They are 35 33 26 24 21 and 14. Everygood.

My first is 10 years older than my second and they are very close. I had my worries at first but they love each other and are very close. My first is a huge help with her.

So far so good. My daughter is taking good care of her lil bro and they are exactly 10 years old apart.

I have girls 10 years apart it was great!

My oldest is 9 years older than my youngest. But they’re 11 and 2 right now so it’s not a problem. He helps with him sometimes and plays with him so I’m thankful for that :blush:. Now in a few years, who knows lol

My sister and I are 11 years apart. Due to my parents…I basically raised her. I’m more of a mom to her than a sister but as she gets older we are forming more of a friendship.

Same. Boys will be 8 & 9.5 when I have their little bro or sis. Youngest seems happy but oldest thinks I’m weird bc they’re going to have a different dad then him and his brother and he keeps wanting to know where the babies going to sleep :upside_down_face: his dad lives with a lady with a little one and he keeps asking if they’re going to cry like that all the time. Oh my lol

I LOVE having my oldest’s (10 years) help with my one year old and I am due in four months with my fourth child. (10, 5, 1, and baby to come). He loves playing with her and is a blessing when I need help and my husband is not home.
He even says to try for ANOTHER ONE! :flushed:

I’m 13 years older than my youngest sister and I have always adored her

Me and my brother are 10 years apart. I’m the oldest. He was like my own personal baby doll. Only downfall for us is I mother him more than be a sibling.

My friend has 2 older kids (9yr old girl and 10yr old boy) and a 2 year old boy and the older ones love their little brother so much but again I feel like they will also be more parent like when they’re older vs being just siblings.

My oldest and middle are 11 years. Oldest and youngest are 13 years. Its not that bad. Have a little helper.

I have a 13 year old daughter and a 6 month old daughter. It’s been pretty easy. My older daughter loves her sister and my baby thinks her sister is the funniest person she’s ever seen.

1 Like

Mine will be 8 1/2 years apart when this one is born

I’m 33 my brother is 17 I love my brother more then anything I couldn’t wait to help take care of him and watch him grow and to this day we have each other backs no matter what. Also my children have loved having a uncle closer to their age they all have a bond I just can’t explain. My children are 14. 12. 10

mine were a 10 years apart and it was great. the older ones treated the babies like they were their kids.

Me and my little sister are about 14/15 years apart.

I have a 11 year old and soon to be 2 year old in August. And the 11 year old loves her sister and plays with her some but I think with any siblings they always find something to fight about. The youngest is always trying to go in the oldest room and take her stuff.

My son and daughter are 10 yrs apart he is a great big brother, loved helping when she was a baby!!

My brother and I are 12 years and my sister and I are 16 years. I love having siblings. They were like baby dolls to me lol.

I had mine 15.5 years apart. Tbh it was tuff for me and an adjustment for my teen daughter.

My sister and I are ten years apart and I had a baby 9 years after my 1st two kids…everyone will be just fine.

Me and my sister are 10 yrs apart… we’re not as close as I wish we were…I think it’s the age gap. We were never interested in the same things at same time. I see her mistakes and try to help, but she hates it.
My boys are 10 yrs apart as well (not purposely), they were close but once my oldest joined the Marines and left, it was hard to maintain a close relationship. My teen is in his own world/interests and no matter how much his big brother reaches out, it’s not the same.

I have a 12 year old boy and a 2 year old boy. They get along great! I also have 11, 9 and 5 year old girls.

I’m 14 years older than my sister and I’m 18 years older than my brother an honestly i loved it because I could help with the babies more than I did when I was 4 when my other brother was born. I thought it was a little weird at first but once they came I was pretty happy an my little sister was my side kick :joy:

I’m the oldest of my siblings (there are 3 girls and my brother); I was 16 when my brother was born and my youngest sister was 10…there weren’t any problems caused by my brother. Now, us three girls fought like crazy lol

I had my ypu gest when my older 2 were 13 & 11. They are now 28, 26 and 15 and all are very close

I have 3 kids my youngest is 9 months my oldest is 10 years. Honestly when we first brought her home he wanted nothing todo with her but he is slowly warming up to her. I also have a 6 year old and he took to her like a cow to cud.

My husband and his sister are 10 years apart

i have a little brother thats ten years younger than me. i love him with all my heart but depending how old your current kid is now (i was ten when he was born) it might make a majorrr difference in your childs life. about a year after my brother was born it slowly turned into me doing everything for him and giving up my childhood/friends to watch and babysit him. it wasnt like just for two hours. it was every day. non stop. i couldnt go outside because i had to watch him. i felt like i was raising him until he turned 6. also my mom started being more affectionate towards him, and whenever id try to get love from her she’d brush me off. as long as you acknowledge both of your kids and dont stop loving the first one itll be fine. i started feeling jealous of him because of how much love my mom gave him. and all she said was “hes younger he needs to know” anything that involved me seems like a bother to her. so i guess moral of my comment? dont forget to acknowledge the oldest. dont forget to love both of them.

My son is 15 almost 16 and our little girl is due at anytime

One month exactly shy of 10 years apart. They are very close. She loves to use the carrier and pack him everywhere. The only thing that is hard is when my first 2 were young my schedule wasn’t as busy. Now I’m running teenagers all over, and toddlers and teenager combination isn’t the easiest. Their tantrums are pretty equal sometimes.

1 Like

It’s hard lol. It’s like having your 1st baby! But so worth it!

Mine were 9 1/2. I have a 34 and 24 year old now. It was fine. I have 2 girls and they are close. It was starting all over again but, the second time you have a little help lol

Mine are 7 years apart. It’s not horrible. When the baby was 1st born, huge helper. Now, they love each other dearly, but the 12 yo kinda gets aggravated from time to time bc his 5 yo brother likes to think he’s as big as him and wants to do everything he does.

My brother’s are 5 and 14 years older than me… My stepkids are 26 and 20, and their little brother is 7… Nothing but love!!

My siblings are all 10 years or more older than me. I was involved in their lives and we all were wicked close growing up. They loved hanging out with a mini them basically. And now we all have families and kids that are growing up together!

My son is gonna be 2 months shy of being 8 years old when his sister comes in August. He is so excited and nonstop talks about her lol

It was one of the best blessings of my life! My oldest and youngest are 10 years apart… no rivalry, no fighting… the baby had a built in protector from day 1. They are now 31 and 21 and are still very close!

My kids are 30, 20 and 19. It was difficult at first for my son because he was an only child for so long. It worked out just fine. It was easier being a parent at 30 then at 20.

I was 8 when my little brother was born and I loved it. I carried him around like he was mine :rofl:

My little brother is 9 1/2 years younger than me and we are super close! Always have been!!! I’m now 38 he will be. 27 in December

I have 2 that are 3 days apart from 12 years apart. They love each other!

My boys! They are best friends! My 10yo is the best big brother ever!

1 Like

Just had my son in December. My oldest is 10. She adores him! But she has 3 younger sisters too so siblings aren’t a new concept

My sister and I are 12 years apart. When she was little it was always fine. I wasnt super involved bc I was a teenager and I’ve always been more like a mom than a sister to her but as we get older we’ve gotten closer. It’ll be fine, don’t worry about it.

I’m 9 years older than my sister we are 20 an nearly 30 soon…it doesnt matter x

My oldest is 14 and I have a 5 month old, I really thought it was going to be an issue somehow but my 14 year old and 11 year old just love her.

My kids will be 6 years apart.

My mother in law and cousin said it was awesome. Just make sure you make time alone with your older child and still priotize her as much as possible and I think itll be fine.

My kids are 12 yrs apart when I told my daughter she was pissed. She had been the only kid/grandkid her whole life and did not like the idea of that changing once we found out we were having a boy it made it a little better and having her help pick out the name helped even more. Once he got here she was over her anger.

Between my 1st and my 5th, they are 10 years apart. He tolerated her but nothing too major in either direction , he was probably annoyed he now had 4 sisters lol

I have a son who’s 20…and my daughter is 2…I was scared and nervous when I found out I was pregnant cause I was just gettin used to the fact that my son was a young man and I was close to the finish line…lol…then bam!!..too good to be true…but I wouldn’t change things one bit…and things happen for a reason…it’s a blessing in disguise…once born, you will never doubt that question :100::heart:

I have a 10 7 and 8 month old and the older two love thier baby sister

My oldest and youngest are ten years apart, and have the sweetest bond with one another. They don’t fight, no rivalry, he’s her biggest cheerleader and supporter, offers her advice and helps teach her, very patient and loving. I was worried the age gap would be hard, but thankfully it never became an issue.

My daughter’s just turned 1 and 11 a month ago… Their birthdays are 10 days apart… My 11 year old is amazing with her little sister… She is a huge help and my 1 year old loves her so much… My brother is 11 years younger than me and I was like his second mom growing up.

I’m 10 and 12 years older than my 2 youngest siblings and it was a mixed bag. Being the eldest I was the babysitter, pseudo parent, rule enforcer etc but I really love my younger siblings up until they started school and talking back :roll_eyes: little shits.
But I also have a 1.5yr old daughter and their attitude has toooootally changed the dynamic. I’m viewed as a Parent™ instead of sibling lol

I have a 12, 10, and 2.5 year old. My baby gets on their nerves sometimes, but I know they wouldnt trade it for the world!

My eldest is 22 my youngest 4, my other 2 are 14 and 11 they all adore the baby.

My kids are 9 years apart. My daughter is my oldest and she absolutely loves her baby brother. She loves to play one on one with him and she is his favorite person. I love the large age gap they have.

My brother and I are 9 years apart

Nice they are a big help and mine are all close today. 24 38 and 42.

Me n my older sister are 10 years a part and I love it

Me and my brother are almost 10 years apart. We had our clashes when we were younger but once I was in my middle teens we became thick as theives.

Mine are 12 years apart and for my family it’s perfect! My boys are 15 and 3. Editing to add I also have a sister who is 8 years younger and we’re very close.

My oldest is 20 and my youngest is 2 and my son plays more with the baby than any of his other brothers and sisters

I have a 15 year old stepdaughter, 14, and 10 year old girls. My son is shy away from 7 months. Honestly my 10 year is getting the hang of him being around. She doesn’t care for her brother but I have seen her gravitate more little by little. Before she’d just look at him from afar. Then later she would come sit near him. Now, after small steps, she’ll hold him, take him to her room…not for long periods of time but she warmed up to him.
At first I was trying to force him on her but I took a step back to realize she’s been the “baby” for 10 years.
I would say balance, although its hard with a newborn and all. But balance and take your child’s feelings into consideration. They’ll eventually warm up to the baby. Blessings!

I’m 11 years older than my sister that I live with. And we have a younger brother who I’m 20 years old than. My sister and I would get on each other’s nerves a lot but we’re getting to a point where we’re becoming suuuuper close. My brother is like my best buddy and he’s best buddies with my son who is six months you get than him. I think it will all work out eventually but at first it might be a little bit rocky

So I have brothers that are 10 and 9 years older than i and 2 sisters 20 years older than I. Not close with a single one of them :woman_shrugging: but I really think its how much or how little you involve your 10 year old daughter. Have her help pick things out, decorate the nursery, help pick out the name. My son is 8 and I had my baby girl in January and my son picked out outfits took him to the gender ultrasound. It took a while for him to like is sissy but he loves her. Involve her as much as possible and the rest is up to her how much she wants to be involved.

I have a 12 year old and a 5 month old. They are 12 years and 2 days apart. Brother is loving every minute of it. I just try and include him in everything with her and make sure we have alone time with each other. Like playing games or just going to the store together by ourselves.

My sister is 10 years older, buy the time i was in 2nd grade, she was off to college. We became closer as I got older, and especially after she had my nephew :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I love it. I’m a single mom of 3 my second daughter was turning 9 when I became pregnant with my 3rd. She was sad for about a week after learning I was pregnant but as time went by she got excited. She’s still my little baby. My first daughter was 10. And they absolutely adore my last and are such huge huge help.

We have a 17yr old a 15 yr old a 12 yr old a 8yr a 4 yr old and a 2 yr old they all get along fine

I have kids ten years apart and I love it! They love each other SO much. I can’t say there is no fighting but it is very minimal! I love the relationship they have! :heart:

My kids are 24, 14, 12, 11, 4, 3. An they all have an amazing bond. There are of course tense moments when a little gets into a bigs makeup drawer or colors someone’s homework. But as far as resentment or ill feelings there are none. My bigs feel the need to always protect the littles an my 11 year old and 3 year old share a room both girls an they love their girl time. By 11 year old loves doing her baby sisters nails and hair. An the boys love having a little brother to constantly entertain them.

My sister is 15 years older than me and my brother is 13yrs older we are fine

We have 4 children a girl that is 15 a son that is 13 a son 12 and then we have our soon to be 3 year old and it actually better the older ones help not because they have to bit because they want to and they love being the older children and they get along great with the youngest. I was nervous about the age difference as well but it is truly a blessing

I hv a 15 year old, 2 year old and a 5 month old!! Totally great! Older sister loves both!! Especially new sister!! She helps with them too.

I have 3 kids together…my daughter is 10…my son is 5 and my youngest is 4 months and my daughter loves being the oldest and love being the sister to her youngest sister

My oldest sister is 15 years older than my brother, then 14 years my other sibling, I am 9 years older and another sister 7 years older. We were all girls and the youngest a boy. We spoiled him and lived him so much. I know at 9 years older I wanted to help my Mom. I loved it. My parents really are glad too.