How late should kids be out at night?

I’d call and ask the police what the time is. And let them know whats going on.

4 Likes

Screw that, 1 that’s way to late for kids to be outside, they should be inside once it gets dark unless with an adult… 2 it’s disrespectful to let your kids run around and scream knowing other people are trying to sleep!!! 3 id call the cops and have them handle the situation since management won’t handle the issue :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I thought there were curfew laws to protect kids? Maybe that’s only in my city but I would definitely look into it. I think the latest you can be out without an adult is 11 and that’s for 17 year olds.

10 yrs old kids should be in by 8 pm -9 at most , if causing noise an disturbance call in police no matter what

I’m glad for curfews, and for parents who enforce them as the law does. That is one thing that my granddaughter has never been allowed to do is go against that rule. Just what I’ve seen on the news and on my local social media, what’s happening to kids is…they get killed. Won’t say anything more.

My son used to say to me, but their parents allow them and I would say to him, I am your parent and you will not do this period.

2 Likes

At 10 yrs old come in at dark or by 8

Let management know you will be contacting officials about the noise rules in your area. And since they won’t do anything, and it’s disruptive to your life, the police will

1 Like

I mean you could call the cops. I know in my city of you are under 18 you can’t be out in the streets after 10pm without an adult

4 Likes

You could contact your local PD to see if there’s a curfew for minors. Some places don’t have curfews. When I was a kid, we were allowed to be outside hanging around the neighborhood until it got dark out. Once it got dark out, we had to be in our yard.

4 Likes

Contact local law enforcement and find out what the curfew rules are. Then report as necessary.

1 Like

Depends on the noise ordinance in your area

10 years old is young to me and anything and everything is happening now. I would say till it start getting dark, with you keeping a check on them.

1 Like

Honestly nothing you can do… for me personally (I’ve heard I’m a little strict) my kids ages 16, 14, 11, and 9 have to be home by 6:00pm, and inside the house for the night by 8:00pm, an hour earlier when it gets dark earlier and an hour later when it stays light longer… for their safety, and respect for the neighborhood… I don’t understand people sometimes… best of luck

2 Likes

Kids that age should he home by the time the lights come on. That’s how it was when I was a kid… I’d call the non emergency line for the police and let them know what’s going on.

2 Likes

Yes call your local police department. Cause for a apartment manger to tell you that, is straight up a lie. When I lived in apartments I had this same issue with young kids and teens. I called and spoke with the manager of the apartments she tried saying that same thing, so I told her I was calling the law. Oh, they didn’t like that idea at all.

I don’t think yall know how curfew laws work. If they live there and it’s private property there is no laws against then playing outside their home. Its annoying an vs irresponsible of the parents but not illegal. Likely they cops will tell you that’s the risk you take living in an apartment complex and tell the kids parents to be more responsible and that will be the end of it.

1 Like

Im the same way. I guess I’m “old” but I believe kids should be in bed not running around. Are they even with their parents? If so talk to the parents. If not, Find out what your local ordinances are. Chances are there’s a curfew & they are violating it. There’s probably sound ordinances too. Call the police. If they’re violating curfew they’ll pick the kids up & take them home. That may scare them enough to stop hanging out by your apt. Otherwise their parents can be sites for noise infractions.

1 Like

I would call the police because I am sure there should be curfews set in place.

1 Like

Call the police next time they are out. Just say there are a couple kids in the yard unsupervised. They will zoom there

2 Likes

Is it actually passed midnight or is it like 9 and it’s dark and you’re irritated? It’s valid bc we have neighbors like that, who complain about my kids all the time but they’re never making noise past our apartments noise curfew hours, unlike them who bang on the walls and floors til 1am :roll_eyes:

Anyway haha
If you guys are in apartment you probably have a noise curfew or noise ordinance that’s in your lease agreement. If you don’t, you can check with your city’s police department to find out curfew hours for what ages. I’d say have the kids in by dark, but I also remember being a kid and playing with my cousins and the neighbors outside in the dark…games like ghost in the graveyard and kick the can and stuff…it always way more fun in the dark and we always had supervision.

Most towns have a curfew. Where I live it’s 10 pm Sunday thru Thursday and 11pm Fri and sat. If they’re being that obnoxious call the police

1 Like

Come home when the street lights turn on.

1 Like

That’s lazy parenting. Kids should be in when the street lamps turn on! Kids are getting snatched everywhere more and more and even 10 year olds should be supervised.

1 Like

Jesus all these Karen’s up in here saying call the police :woozy_face:

2 Likes

This day and time it is dangerous for kids to be out after dark without their parents or a responsible adult. Children out till midnight spells trouble.

Id call the police or cps for neglect. No reason kids that young should be outside alone that late.

Any sensible parent isn’t going to have their kids out midnight especially that age !

Next time I’d go to the police. I have three kids , 12 , 11 , and 6 and as soon as it starts to get duckish outside they come
Inside !

1 Like

When the street lights come on

2 Likes

So all these kids with different parents let them all stay out past midnight… I don’t think so. Seems to be a bit exaggerated on the time.

3 Likes

Call the cops. I know it sounds silly but it’s the only way you’ll get any peace.

2 Likes

Check your city ordinance on curfew.

Depends what curfew is in your state

Kids should be in bed by 9:00 period!!

2 Likes

Call cops they will speak to the parents.

3 Likes

Yeah, go ahead and call an officer and hopefully once kids see an officer and goes inside.

1 Like

They’re causing a disturbance late at night. That isn’t ok. Be a thorn in management’s side until they do something about it

3 Likes

They would not be allowed out until they were 21.

2 Likes

When the little darlings come up missing, or wind up in jail, the parents will be on tv boohooing.

3 Likes

Between 8 and 9 early if it’s bath night

1 Like

Young ones shouldn’t be out at night - bad things happen - 10 and under should be in bed between 8-9 - at least this is the way we were raised.

3 Likes

Quiet time is usually 10:00 pm until 7 am in my county, not sure if that’s everywhere else. Those children should be in trouble by law enforcement for being minors out after midnignt… I wouldn’t allow my children out after 8:00 pm.

2 Likes

Ear plugs and mind your busy. It’s not like they’re smoking crack in the stairwell

1 Like

Usually apartment complexes have a quiet time from around 10pm -6am. Sucks they won’t do anything about it. And if they just have to be out it should be right by their own apartment.

Ear plugs & a fan on high.

Call police to make sure parents are not alcoholics or crack heads and don’t care. That is way to late some thing not right

1 Like

8 pm at the latest and in bed by 9.

Most cities have a curfew of 10pm for anyone under 18.

1 Like

I wouldn’t let my 10 year old play outside that late not even my almost teenager . 9 at the latest I got gps on my girls too many kid snatchers to be letting these kids play til midnight

2 Likes

We have a similar problem here but kids (7+) and teens are outside vandalizing, screaming, kicking doors and being loud well into 2am. You can call the police, but the only thing likely is they’ll just tell them to go home. They’ll be back and continue.

You can call the police for noise disturbance.

1 Like

Depends on age and whether it’s a chaperoned

For us in when the street lights came on and bed during school 8 and summer 9.

1 Like

Kids should be in with parents at dark.

Dark time in the house!

They should be in the house before the sun goes down. Too much happens when it starts getting dark. Safety 1st.

2 Likes

When I was growing up it was when the street lights came on.

I believe it’s 10 pm for any minor… 18 and under. When they are loud and disturbing the peace call the police. Don’t give your name

before supper time and during the summer if you live in a city the parents should be out there with them or a trusted adult after supper ,

7 is usually when i try to have my kids inside relaxing

call child protective services. Those kids r at risk of being snatched if they r unsupervised.

Chances are they are being “supervised” as much as they’ll ever be supervised. They are probably outside of their apartments with windows/doors open and thats the supervision. That seems to be a common thing in low income apartment complexes. The kids will play outside on the steps, sidewalks, parking lots, and apartment common areas. I’m not saying it’s right but I’ve seen this played out several times. You can call the police and make a report for loud noises and even try to get child and family services involved but in my experience it does no good. Most of these kids have parents who are addicts or parents who work a lot and have no supervision. It’s really sad. I’ve seen this situation many many times. The kids usually scatter and have learned to keep quiet around law enforcement.

8 pm I life in an apartment there is a child runs around upstairs till about 2am

The old fashioned rule! When the street lights come on - or when it is dark!

Yeah that’s illegal. Any minor has to be in by usually city law is 10:00 p.m. I was just calling CPS because the fact of the matter is is more likely that child’s in a hostile negligent environment and it’s best for the police and CPS to handle it. One visit from the police and Cps will fix that. I guarantee it

Notify authorities. Kids that age should be in house 7 30 doing homework,reading, resting, Getting ready for bed.

Until it gets dark ridiculous that late call the police

Check with the police- there is usually a curfew time - - -.

Call the cops! If you’ve reported it to management and nothing has been done, then call the cops. Not only are they unaccompanied minors out after dark, I’m sure there is a noise ordinance in your area that lists “quiet time”. My almost 9 year old is allowed to play, in our yard, unsupervised, until dark. My 13 year old is allowed out a little later, but he rarely stays out past dark himself.

Curfew for minors is 10pm but my kids come in when the sun goes down some days and others I make them stay in after dinner to bathe and settle for the night

Call cps and the cops!

1 Like

7pm at the latest for 10, and saying that my kids were in bed by 8 on a school night at that age

1 Like

Dang my kid is 11 and in bed by half 9 …

1 Like

There’s noise ordinances in most places. The cops should be called for that. I don’t like being one of those people, but sometimes you have to because people don’t wanna take the responsibility of their own crotch goblins. None of my kids will be out past street lights on. Idc.

1 Like

Call the police and if that doesn’t work report them to CPS that’s not right at all

1 Like

WHAT!?? A10 yr old…Guess I’m old… they should be in bed.

2 Likes

You tell your kid to be in when you think he should be in. 10 is still pretty young to be out past dark.

9 should be the latest. Mischief starts after that. Their too young to be out alone after that.

1 Like

We live in apartments. My daughter is 9. She comes upstairs when it starts getting dark unless I am sitting out there with her. Even if I am out there, the latest we stay out is 9-930 unless it’s a holiday(like 4th of July).

1 Like

My 9 and 11 yr old is in around 7 school nights getting ready for showers or baths and bed and summer is about 8 now 4th July everyone in late fireworks and I as well live in Apts I can open my back door and look out .but there not outside when dark

You call the Police and report underage curfew violations ???

2 Likes

Dusk. Street lights come on. They come in. Period. 10 yr Olds have no business out past 9.

3 Likes

No one is watching them? Depending on where you live that just sounds dangerous to me

3 Likes

Move
Just fyi for everyone bringing up curfew, curfew means they need to be home not IN their home

1 Like

Call the cops. Theres noise ordinances in place for a reason and honestly that sounds like child neglect to me. No kid regardless of age should be out that late without supervision.

2 Likes

10 out at midnight?? Nah. Not mine.
It mine were in bed at 830-9. Inside for dinner, showers, TV or game time and bed.
Now way I’d let mine be out like that. They’re 10.

2 Likes

There’s a curfew for a reason . Start calling the cops .

3 Likes

On a school night for that age I say when it stays light longer I say in house by 7:30 to get ready for bed/school.

For a 10 year old. Come in for dinner stay in unless there is a planned adult chaperoned activity

My daughter is 9.5 and she has to be inside before it gets dark. In an apartment complex she wouldn’t be out without someone with her. To many kids are getting kidnapped these days. I’ve seen people leave a 3 year old (could have been 4 but they were tiny) at the apartment complex playground I used to lived at by themselves and the parent/guardian and came back about 30-45 minutes later. I think there’s just some people that don’t think about it and let their kids stay out.

1 Like

I’d be calling police making noise complaints and when they turn up and talk to the KIDS they can take it from there. They’d likely speak to the parents and I wouldn’t be surprised if they reported them to children services

2 Likes

I would do what YOU feel is appropriate for YOUR kids. You can’t control what others do or how they raise they’re kids. I personally feel midnight is too late for any child tbh. Even when I was in hs my curfew was 9, 10 if I was lucky. When I was 10/12 it was when the street lights came on

This is when kids get in trouble cause they shouldn’t even be out that late. My kids have to come in once the sun starts going down.

1 Like

What… my kids no later than 8:30 outside at that age. Parents don’t care.

2 Likes

10 year Olds should be In The Bed!! At 10 pm!

4 Likes

If your city has curfews in place for minors then the police should be called. And for future reference the word your looking for is and not in. Just saying….

1 Like

Street lights were always our rule

2 Likes

With my kids as through the school days they went to bed at 730,in the summer time they came in the house at 9 to have their baths went to bed at 10 could read toil 1030 then lights out

Most apartment complexes have a noise limit. Usually between 8-10. After that they should do something about it. If they won’t the best bet would be law enforcement. There is a curfew for minors that the city should enforce especially if you call.

You should attempt to talk to the parents though. In a calm way let them know that if it continues past the apartment curfew time you’ll have to make a complaint. Give the parents a warning/chance. Not saying it will do anything, but if you call the police to enforce it they will ask if you’ve talked to them about it already.

Until their parents have them come in… Sometimes, we don’t go to play until 10 or later.

Sleep with ear plugs in.

1 Like