How long did you wait to get intimate after giving birth?

6 weeks, intimate. 6 months, back to normal.

They don’t tell you to wait to spoil your fun… it’s because of risk of infection, damage etc… just wait till your checkup, it won’t kill you

4 Likes

Different times with different kids…i have 6…i always wait for the bleeding to stop it could cause an infection…with my last, 7 weeks…tried before that but it hurt bad. I also stopped bleeding at 2 weeks and started bleeding badly again at 4 weeks. Can do other things though… I wiated 3 weeks with my 2nd and at my 6 well check up i was pregnant

The risk of infection is too high. Wait until your postpartum doctor appointment

2 Likes

My husband stitches ripped 3-4 ish weeks after because I was masterbating so I would not recommend, just wait the 6 weeks :joy::sob:

Your body needs to heal , at least 6 weeks :heartpulse:

1 Like

One week. N conceived again. My son n daughter are 10 months apart

2 Likes

My first we waited 3 weeks, my second 1 week, my third (c-section) 1 week, my fourth (c-section) 2 weeks.

Hell i was told as soon as the dr leaves the room lol but that was 50 years ago lol

1 Like

First baby 3 weeks. I had no tearing and I felt ready.

9 weeks for me and glad I did

1 Like

Wait til your body heals

2 Likes

6 weeks in fear of infection.

I waited until I was done bleeding so 8-9 weeks

I waited 8weeks pp (in total it was 3months for us) & 12weeks the 2nd time (total 4 months)

1 Like

4 weeks , 3 weeks then 2 weeks

Well there are other things you can do lol

They say to wait 6 weeks for a reason :woman_facepalming: listen to your medical professionals!

9 Likes

The 6 weeks is because even if you don’t hurt or aren’t bleeding, there’s an open wound in your uterus the size of a dinner plate from your placenta being attached and your cervix is healing from reducing after growing exponentially and everything else is healing from micro tears in tissue.

6 Likes

They suggest 6 weeks for infection reasons. I ripped with my son. We tried at 4 weeks…husband got caught by a stitch…five seconds in. :joy: We waited another 2 weeks and got all clear from Dr.

1 Like

My goodness! I’m over 3 months pp and I am still…HELL NO. I do not wanna be touched. I’m sure that breastfeeding could also be factor but i feel gross, fat, unhealthy, stretch marks city, double chin. I can’t even stand myself so I sure as heck am not gonna expect my husband to either…

1 Like

With my 1st, I never even had sex with her dad again :rofl:
My 2nd, although again I’m not with his father, less than 48hrs :grimacing:

1 Like

2 years .i was single lol

I got the ok at 4 weeks with my first and 6 weeks with my second so I just did what dr said

You need to wait 6 weeks

Till the doctor said it was ok.

10 day post c section. O regrets 2 weeks with my second and 3 weeks with 1st no regrets

I say go for it if u body wants ur body ur choice u know more then ur doc

1 Like

2 weeks lol couldn’t wait.

I had a c-section and only waited about 4 weeks because I felt I was up to it and everything was fine. It really depends on how you feel. If you’re feeling ready, I don’t think you’ll have any problems but if you’re not sure, I’d wait until you were… Everyone’s bodies deal with things differently so if you’re feeling okay, you shouldn’t have to wait the whole 6 weeks.

Wait the 6 weeks so you don’t get an infection.

I waited about 2 weeks :grimacing:
Very slow and gentle. It was slightly uncomfortable, but I enjoyed it.
To go from having daily sex to only doing “other things” was pretty rough. :joy:

I made sure to clean well, use a condom and clean well afterwards too to reduce the risk of infection.

3 weeks- c section- my doctor Told me that there isn’t a rule anymore it’s all in how I feel

Couldn’t be on the Internet and phone at the same time.

6 weeks is the RECOMMENDED but you could make an appt with your ob sooner and get the go ahead 🤷 my dr told me they only say 6 weeks cause thats when they check your uterus but if you had stitches and they’re healed and have no pain then go for it but definitely visit the dr first and make sure everything with your lady bits is good even if it isnt 6 weeks

You can right now. Just take it slow, no roughing up

You need to wait 6 weeks minimum. Your uterus is an open wound and you risk getting an infection if you have sex sooner.

3 Likes

I waited until my doctor said it was okay.

I think you should wait atleast the six weeks.

3 Likes

I waiting about 3 weeks with 2nd 4 weeks with my 1st all depends on how you feel. Take it slow and if its not comfortable then wait. But use protection you will be very fertile due to hormones still x

6 days after c section

1 Like

Some people don’t wait as long as the dr says, and are okay. HOWEVER, that is not always the case. It is best to wait till ob gives you the all clear, as there is serious complications that can happen!

Not sure if you have stitches but its very unlikely you will enjoy it if you decide to before you’re healed. Plus they can come open or get infection

I waited 5-6 weeks with all 4 kids

Your uterus is essentially an open wound after delivery. 6 weeks is the standard of care to give your body the time it needs to recover from the trauma of birth. So many women get postpartum infections from having intercourse before the recommended timeframe. While it is rare some women can get sepsis from the infection. Sepsis is potentially deadly. Please follow your doctors instruction!

7 Likes

Til I wanted to. About 4 weeks

If you gave birth vaginally, you really should wait the 6 to 8 weeks. Just because you stop bleeding and feel fine, you still basically have a big gaping wound down there and risk an infection. Especially at 3 weeks.
There’s other ways to be intimate than vaginal sex

4 Likes

6 weeks is recommended but as long as you are okayed by your OB you should be fine.

1 Like

Id wait because the risk of being pregnant… but thats up to you if want another baby so fast. Id just be doing hj or along those lines.

1 Like

Well my daughter waited 2 weeks and had her second baby when her first baby was 11 months old

5 Likes

6-8 weeks. Depending if you have tearing.

You’re going against medical advice and putting yourself in danger with your health. It’s not a joke, but you can do what you wish.

I waiting until I stop bleeding. I stop at 3 weeks. Its really up too you.

4 weeks after my twin c section

1 Like

After my first 6 months… this 2nd one that happened 4 days ago I most likely will wait it out till I’m ready probably 6 months I like to get to my pre pregnancy weight and be somewhat rested and feel decent . Why rush something like that?

I waited 6 weeks. It’s good to wait because when the placenta detaches it creates a wound. Having sex before it heals can cause an infection. Even if you stopped bleeding.

3 Likes

i can’t imagine wanting my husband that badly after passing out a baby to risk infection, preganacy or trauma in my Harry Potter…

3 Likes

6 weeks. Fucking isn’t worth a major infection. You can both get off without vaginal penetration. Be smart.

Like 3-4 months probably. I just didn’t until I felt well enough to get into it again? Idk. I didn’t wait for a specific time period or put pressure on it I guess. Everyone is different. But I think you’re supposed to wait at least 6 weeks to avoid infection while your uterus and vaginal area are healing.

2 Likes

Ooo I’m 11 days PP and horny like WOW but imma wait the 6 weeks cause the trauma was real and the pain afterwards was crazy so I dont wanna risk anything by sexing it up too soon plus the waiting is gonna make it so worth it when my doc gives me the okay. Just sitting next to my husband sets me on fire. Gotta be soooooo careful cause I aint looking to have number 4​:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I had an emergency c-section my first pregnancy and I had sex after only 2 weeks. I mean it was gentle obviously, but I just couldn’t wait.

Theres a reason the doctor makes you wait those weeks before having intercourse. Theres a giant wound where your placenta used to be that is still healing even tho you may not be bleeding anymore anf its very easy for it to get infected

5 Likes

I have a 6 month old we waited till he was 3 and a half months i had a c section and had really bad bleeding up till then

4 weeks after I had c-section with my kiddos

I would follow drs orders, but just because you can’t have sex doesn’t mean you can’t be intimate in other ways. But I would still check with your dr first.

3 Likes

I waited 3 weeks; went to my 8 week pp visit and was told I was pregnant- again. My girls are now 14. Irish twins- born less than 365 days apart. It’s your call, but it happens.

1 Like

I had 4th degree lacerations after giving birth to my first, sunny side up! The skin between the vagina and rectum was gone! I was torn in 8 directions and couldn’t stand straight up for 5 days! I went home on the 3rd day and my spouse REQUIRED intercourse upon arriving home. He had to have it daily, no matter what my complaints were.

You need to wait until your doctor clears you to have sex again. Why would you want to risk an infection?

5 Likes

Am I the only one who can’t contemplate this? You JUST had a baby and you have the energy for that and WANT it?? Seems crazy to me.

6 Likes

You are told to wait 6 weeks for a reason! Surely you can both control yourselves for another 3 weeks for your own safety?

3 Likes

3 days :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: i didn’t bleed after the 1st day of birth…and didn’t rip at all. Doc said when i felt ready and i did. Nothing happened and didn’t hurt at all…felt 100% normal. Im sure ill get hate for this lmfao but guess what MY doctor said I know my body BEST. AND he was right.

1 Like

6 weeks, just like that fucking DOCTOR said.

Like 3 months :joy::joy::joy: that was the last thing on my mind! And her dad works nights lol

1 Like

I waited 3 days. But I had a csection and healed super fast

5 wks both times. I told the dr cause I felt guilty :rofl:and she said they say 6 wks because of the hole left from the placenta needs to heal and most ppt visits are 6 wks out so that’s when they clear you for sex they don’t actually go in and check to see if your healed but they ask lots of questions and feel your stomach and make a good assumption your healthy and ready to have sex again. She didn’t tell me exactly how long it needs to heal but my guess is they didn’t pull 6 weeks out of their asses

I would wait till ur fully healed so u don’t get infection.

1 Like

Wait until your doctor says you’re good… or risk an infection. :roll_eyes::woman_shrugging:
Maybe it will inhibit you from having anymore children, which, honestly if you can’t control yourself like a grown ass adult for a freakin month or more, you really don’t need to be having anyway.

Like 3 months ?? :joy::joy: after the massacre I just wasn’t ready :joy::joy:

1 Like

All the blood and nonsense going on down there plus the fact you have a new baby…idk how the hell yall do it so fast but eewww😂

4 Likes

You have a gaping wound inside your uterus. Whether you delivered vaginally or via c section. You may have stopped bleeding. But your uterus has not fully healed until 6 weeks PP. Wait. For the love of all things. Wait until you’re cleared by the doctor. Unless you want to risk festering infection in your uterus. Than by all means… Take tub baths and have sex prior to the 6 week mark.

4 Likes

My doctor this time around (3rd babe) said 14 to 16 weeks. First time around my previous doc (Rest In Peace) said 8 weeks, and my second time I never made it to the follow up, doctor dropped me as a patient because I complained about how unprofessional he was, he didnt attend the birth, or post birth check up in the hospital and the other doctor was booked full.

1 Like

I waited 8 weeks. I was not about that life and neither was he thank the lord. We just shared intimacy by caresses and snuggling. Honestly cemented our bond even further. It was worth the wait :wink:

2 Likes

It’s not advised to have sex before 6weeks as you have an open wound where your placenta was and that is a huuuuge risk for infection x

Please wait the 6 weeks! Like mentioned above, you have a gaping hole inside you and if air gets pushed inside while having sex you could get air in your system. Air Embolism, causing strokes seizures and possibly death! Not worth it honey!!

I waited 3 days after my csection with my third. If u feel uncomfortable stop but if it feels ok it’s down to u. I don’t trust everything doctors say but that’s me xx

2 Likes

For medical safety reasons, you should try your hardest to wait 6-8 weeks. I managed to get to 3 weeks :sweat_smile:

The 6 weeks. And it hurt like a bitch :joy:
We tried again a few weeks later and it still hurt pretty bad. It was about 3.5 months before sex felt good again.

I didn’t wait long either, maybe two weeks. With all 3 of my children, I did not deliver naturally any of these 3 times though.

1 Like

You have a dinner plate size wound inside you right now. Wait the 6 weeks. Infection isn’t worth it.

5 Likes

Sure if you want a possible infection and possibly die from it ignore your dr and do whatever you think is best… :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Wait the 6 weeks. It took me until about 10 weeks post partum be for I was ready for sex.

2 Likes

Everyone’s different, sure you should wait. But you do what you want to do. Just take it easy when your doing it. Your body will tell you if somethings wrong

Honestly. Wait. Until the medical professionals clear you. Be intimate in other ways. What everyone else is saying, healing body, infection risk etc etc
I thought I was ready and had sex around 3 weeks pp. We were gentle, did all the right things. My stitches had dissolved but I wasn’t fully healed in my tear and it Caused another tear which got infected and ended up with a painful keloid scar. My daughter is 8, and sex is still painful a lot of the time because of this…
There are so many things you can do to be intimate that don’t involve putting things in your vagina…

Literally “my doctor said 6 weeks but how long do you think facebook???”

6 WEEKS! YOU HAVE A HIGE WOUND INSIDE YOU :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::triumph:

4 Likes

That’s a question for your doctor, not Facebook. :woman_facepalming:T. M. I

Six weeks. Because there is a reason they tell you to wait six weeks. Why would you ignore your doctor’s advice and come on the internet looking for a better opinion?

Don’t let your husband put anything in your open wound for at least six weeks or until your ob says you’re all good.

Why are people this dumb even allowed to reproduce?!

1 Like

Theres…other stuff to do. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

She literally just asked a question which I’m pretty sure is what this group is for and probably not for you to just be a bunch of snarky mean moms making someone feel dumb for no reason. Obviously listen to your doctor , but rather than simply saying “ you should wait” you question her ability to reproduce based on a QUESTION that she just … didn’t know the exact answer to. Most of you are hateful and quite frankly for the most hateful one to be a top fan is enough for me to be leaving this group. Sounds like some of you might need a little sum sum yourselves🙄

3 Likes