How long should kids play video games?

It’s so funny when people with no kids want to tell people how to parent because 99% of the time when they become parents it backfires on them

9 Likes

Ohhhh, you sound like me…if l had kids…

1 Like

It’s so easy raising hypothetical children. I promise if you have kids- you WILL do all the things you said you’d never do.

24 Likes

They’re not your kids. :woman_shrugging: mind your business.

8 Likes

I’m searching some game and books for my daughter and I found a game for my 4years old daughter.For develop curriculum. this is good for baby & toddler memory development. The repetitive learning games help in memorizing the alphabet, numbers, colors, shapes, animals, and many more popular things. ‎Pre-k Learning Games for Kids on the App Store

It’s none of this is your business, sister or not! You have no say in it at all. And now your blasting your sisters business on facebook. You sound like you are not a very good sister. Go be in your perfect world and leave the mama’s alone.

3 Likes

Not your kids not your business :wink:

3 Likes

Her kids her rules. Until you’ve gotta deal with them 24/7 you don’t have any sort of say in what they should or shouldn’t be doing. And don’t judge your sister with how she parents. My kids gaming is my sanity half the time. It might be hers too. Once you have kids you’ll understand.

2 Likes

It’s the "whenever I decide to have kids " part that got me. :woman_facepalming:

9 Likes

Went through this with a sibling BEFORE he had kids too. It was always “my kids will never have tablets and play on phones” guess what his TODDLERS have? Tablets! They also play on their parents phones.
So the “when I have kids” hits me wrong. Not your kids, not your problem! Come back and let us know WHENEVER you DECIDE to have kids!

7 Likes

Oh Karen … please worry about yourself and go clean your house

Not your kids. Not your business.

“Whenever I decide to have kids”
Please don’t because you will be schooled so quickly. And I hope your sister has her nose right in your ass when and if you do, just like you are doing to her.

I bet your sister dreads having to be around you and avoids it when possible :joy:

5 Likes

Well they’re not your kids so maybe you shouldn’t worry about it.

“My sisters kids”. That part: not your concern. The part about when you have kids lol. Sweetie just mind the business that pays you and let your sister parent how she sees fit. As long as those kids are happy and healthy, that’s all that matters.

So long as my kiddos; behaved at school, did thier school work, eat, bath & mind… I don’t limit. 🤷 Every once in a while we take a day of being unplugged, sometimes a whole week. But once we go on an adventure or vaca we all unplug definitely.

3 Likes

It’s none of your business how your sister parents, stay in your lane

The big thing here is they are NOT your children. You don’t want to allow that? Cool. Pop a kid or two out and don’t allowed that. You don’t get to decide for someone else’s kids.

YOU DON’T EVEN HAVE KIDS

Sounding real dumb right about now.

5 Likes

I said many things before I had children and I do 90% of them. They are her kids not yours.

3 Likes

Not your kids but I believe should be limited because you will never get them off if don’t limited when we were kids or teens after an hour of gaming it was taking away and kicked out of house on nice weather to go do something outside

1 Like

Her kids her rules, mind your business

l get paid over $120 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $17460 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Info Here >>> https://JobComputer5.surge.sh/

I played a lot starting when I was young, I’d still go outside but I’m a major gamer, my dad understood it. The only time he’d take it away is if my grades were bad or I got in trouble which was hardly lol

Easy solution not your children not your choice.

1 Like

Not your kids, not your problem. Unless they are aggressive, argumentative, abusive, grades are slipping than it’s not your battle to fight. I understand your concern for their health, but gaming is a lot better than a lot of alternatives.

You don’t get a say in how she raises her children especially if you’re not even a parent.

6 Likes

Take a deep breath… Let it go.

Not your circus, not your monkeys :tipping_hand_woman:t3:

5 Likes

I’m not even sure how to approach this.
Every child and every family is going to be different. What works for one doesn’t necessarily work for the next. As a general rule…if their homework and schoolwork aren’t suffering. If they’re still active and doing things other than gaming. If they’re still doing their chores and upholding the other responsibilities that they have. If they’re still essentially taking care of themselves.
Then it’s probably a non-issue that there’s no official screen-time limit because they don’t really “need” it.

To a more specific answer here: it’s not really you business. They may be your nephews but you’re not their parent. You’re not even a parent yet. I would stop with the “i wouldn’t do that when i become a parent” because i promise you that your views will change if/when that happens.

1 Like

You’ll figure out how much when you have kids :rofl:

4 Likes

Bahahha you don’t have kids!!

2 Likes

As long as they were behaving and doing other stuff as well I didnt bother. As long as those kids aren’t being abused or neglected it’s not your business

2 Likes

None of your business. You don’t have kids and they are not your kids.

3 Likes

Why are you on a mommas page if you don’t have kids?

4 Likes

Spoken like someone with no kids :clap::rofl: I used to talk all sorts of shite before I was a mum… you really don’t understand until you are imo

I now laugh at my own self for all the things I said I would not do or would do when before I had kids

5 Likes

Ask yourself, Why does it bother you how your sister parents her children? MYOB!

4 Likes

You need a hobby hunny

2 Likes

“I would never let my kids play that much”

4 Likes

Keep your opinion to yourself

MYOB not ur kids not ur problem plus u don’t have kids

1 Like

I don’t allow unlimited access to video games for any of our kids. It’s something I said I wouldn’t ever do, and I haven’t. I think they should be able to enjoy video games, but I also want my kids to enjoy family time, outdoor activities, hanging out with friends, family game nights and so on. I also want to be sure they’re studying and that their grades aren’t suffering. I think they have to have that balance.

Never say never. I said the same thing but I’m over here letting mine play as much as he wants as long as chores and school work is done. We do make a point to get outside and do things when I’m off on the weekends but during the week with our schedules it’s not a problem.

1 Like

Not your kids, not your problem…also you dont have kids so stay in your own lane :blush:

5 Likes

l get paid over $120 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $17460 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Info Here >>> https://JobComputer9.surge.sh/

As soon as I read “my sister” my first thought was, mind your business lady. Then I read the rest and my after thought is still mind your business :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Usually I only let my boys have 1 hour of video games they has to do their chores first and school work… When it’s nice out they can play outside if it’s raining it’s a video game day and I don’t have a limit

Oh you are one of those. I’ll judge parents until I become one and once I do don’t judge me or I’ll throw a hissy fit cause I’m mom and I know what’s best for my sweet angels. Yeah ok lady get a life and don’t worry about your sister or her kids

7 Likes

If your sister has 3 plus kids you mind your business because she’s probably doing her best. Some days are harder than others.

1 Like

Tbh screen time should always be limited. However, it depends more on how they act. Are they extremely disrespectful? Are they violent in any way? Are they like zombies?
Those are usually direct responses from too much screen time.

Mind ya own damn business. :woman_facepalming:

you need to open your mind and look at the bigger picture cause for most kids at a young age like that and for most men video games are a literal escape from reality that they needed

You have a right for an opinion, BUT remember you’re talking about YOU’RE sister’s kids… None of you’re business, not you’re kids!

Not your kids, not your business.

It’s your sisters kids, not yours- see the difference? Be the difference :heart: your the aunt not the mom

First, :joy::joy::joy: I love hearing people who aren’t parents talk about how much better of a parent they will be than those who have already been parents for years upon years.

Second, not your kid(s), not your business.

6 Likes

Mind your business. My 9 and 6 year old play all the time. Sometimes all day. They are leaving me alone, why am I gonna mess that up :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

As long as my child is doing well in school, respects me, and helps around the house, I dont care if he chooses to play video games in his free time. Which is alot. It shouldnt bug you what someone else does with their kids. That’s her decision

5 Likes

They always say shit like this til they have their own kids!! :laughing: mind the business that pays you lady!

And I promise when you have kids and need a break or a quick nap, you will not care about the game. I have a 15 year, 11year, and 3 month old. It can get more stressful than you think.

2 Likes

Literally why do you care

1 Like

Well I have 6 kids… typically they have to do their chores and get outside for one hour before they get their electronics for 90 minutes. They also are hockey players so they’re active which helps… But then again some days they’re on them most of the day and I’m good with that.

Unless her children are being hurt or are hurting themselves or others, What she does with her kids is none of your business.

4 Likes

If you’re not a parent, you don’t have a right to say ‘I will never do this or that when I have kids’ . They’re teenagers and until you’re raising teenagers, you have no clue what you will allow or not. If you have such a problem with it why don’t you offer your sister help? Take the teenagers off her hands for a bit. Do something with them. If you don’t have a fix to the problem then there shouldn’t be a complaint.

4 Likes

Uh not your circus not your monkey’s so myob. I don’t really have a limit on sreen time. Besides on week days we do a no technology thing. but the tablets send me notifications all the time of what they are doing or on… Mine are 12, 10, 3 and 2months old

Never say never, especially when you haven’t been in her shoes.

1 Like

Not you kids, not your business.

2 Likes

Yea there was a lot of things I said I wasn’t going to do when my kids was toddlers, now they are older I’m eating those words.:rofl::rofl::rofl:. Mind ya business

3 Likes

Her kids… Her life!! Don’t let what others do “in their own home” bother you.

1 Like

My kids are allowed to play games for 2 hours after 5 if it’s not a school night. And they have to be passing all classes.

1 Like

The phrase “whenever I decide to have kids” immediately invalidates any concerns (aka judgements) that you have, not only about your sister as a parent, but any parent ever. Until you have children of your own, you’re not qualified to have an opinion on parenting matters. Mind your business, Karen.

17 Likes

They absolutely need screen time limits.
It has been scientifically proven that too much screen time is bad for your health.

Parents need to get back to parenting and stop trying to be their kids friend.

Sometimes love is tough. And yes I have children of my own so I can say this from a mother’s perspective.

1 Like

I was such a good parent until I had kids…

12 Likes

Not any of your business tbh, plus they are teens…

1 Like

Well, let me ask you, do you limit yourself? My kids can play games, watch movies, do whatever they like aslong as their chores are done and their homework is done. And believe me, having that freedom, they don’t play games the whole time. They make time for each other, us and other things. We also have a rule that if its flat, mom charges it overnight, and you only get it the next day after everything has been done. How she raises her kids is her business…

4 Likes

As long as a kid is not being abused or neglected people that don’t have kids need to mind their business. They have no right to judge a parent. And a lot of times those “I would never” is what does happen

3 Likes

Not your kids , Not your business :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Another one without kids saying ‘I would never…’
My advice? Shut your mouth and mind your business! Not your kids, not your decision.

1 Like

Mine play on the weekends. They can’t get on until lunch time and/or when chores are done and then I usually make them get off at 10pm. That’s on Saturday. Sundays they get off at 7pm.

2 Likes

1st off you don’t even have kids so don’t start judging another parent. Fact of the matter is you don’t know what you would or would not do. 2nd they aren’t your kids and if they are going to school and making good grades they should be able to play. :tipping_hand_woman:t2: They are teenagers not kindergarteners.

1 Like

l get paid over $120 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18355 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Info Here >>> https://JobComputer24.surge.sh/

An “I could never let my kids…” person who doesn’t even have kids :roll_eyes::joy:

9 Likes

I take my kids screen in the summer. Winter, no limits. Let kids be kids.

Everybody parents diffrent,everybodies situation is diffrent,its not your kids,so its not your place,to be honest,my son is 13,makes good grades,and i do not monitor his time on his ps5,as long as the children are being taken care of and not neglected or abused ,its not your place to judge your sisters parenting decisions,this would be one of those times when you should stay in your own lane because going after someone over there kids will ruin any type of rationship yall may have,

2 Likes

It’s not your kids not your business

Mind your business… not your children, not your problem. Worry about your own children.

2 Likes

Is the problem that they’re having leisure time in a way you don’t find enriching enough? Are you big mad they aren’t out playing stick ball or being exploited for low wage labor by an employer? Everyone complains that too much screen time is bad for kids while ignoring that their entire lives are now digital and they could be pooling even more screen time in a difficult class or later in the job forces, but apparently that screen time in less suspect? My kids spend a lot of time on their tablets, but they also have high grades and maintain their responsibilities and are just generally good kids who aren’t out vandalizing their neighbors or terrorizing boomers, so I figure I did a fairly ok job, even if most of their reading material DID get downloaded off fanfiction.net. Please sit tf back down and get in your own lane.

2 Likes

They’re not their parent. It’s none of your business.

Oh honey…Until you have kids…no I take that back. Did they come out of you? Are you their primary parent/caregiver? No? Then hush. What you’re currently doing is judging a mom. Could be considered mom shaming. Hope you don’t have kids so you don’t have to experience being judged by women who don’t have kids, hell by women who do have kids. It’s hard enough without the judgement let alone from your own sister. They aren’t your kids, it’s not your problem. Mind your own business and leave them/her be.

7 Likes

Have some kids than you can have a opinion :ok_hand:

1 Like

Coming from someone that doesn’t have kids :joy: stay in ur own lane, stuff you do prob bugs her but she moves right along :joy:

2 Likes

Oh the classic “when I have kids” :joy:

Seriously just let her parent how she sees fit. Her kids. Her rules.

2 Likes

I played games all the time when I was young still love them. I do think homework should be done first but after that I don’t see why not?

1 Like

They’re teens and they are her children. You say these things now but until you have kids you don’t know the true struggles. I’m sure your judgment bugs her too.b

1 Like

Mind your own children!
Oh wait you have none🙄

5 Likes

If they aren’t your children MYOB
I let my kids play unlimited in down time

1 Like

When you have kids coming out and ripping your flaps apart or laying on a metal table getting cut open i would stfu. Her kids, her rules. Go live your own life.

This seems kinda fake.

Why is it any of your business? I’m sure not everything you do is perfect yourself so perhaps you should worry about yourself

Right there you lose. You have no kids so your opinion is invalid. Come back here and complain when you actually have kids LOL

1 Like