How long were you dating before you got engaged?

Started dating at age 19. We dated 4years before he proposed at age 23. Married when we where 25. Now Almost 6years married with a 3yo girl.

8 years dating for proposal, 10 years at wedding.

2 years dating when he proposed and i think too long is like 14 years lol

Dated maybe 1 to 2 years. No real proposal. Eloped in Hawaii and got married on the beach

14 months for the engagement. Time varies for every one

After 2 years of relationship and we got married 3 year after because We had 2 kids back to back :grimacing:

We were both married before so we dated so we dated 7 years, engaged 1 year and now married over 6 years.

dating at 19 and lived together at 20 engaged same year married at 21. my point is u should at least live together for 1-2 years before married so u can see true color of ur partner and both of u teo will probably find something dont like and fights. deal with those problems b4 deciding to marry with ur partner so u can more likely avoid divorce, single parent and etc kinda situations compare to ppl who married w/o living together for under 1- 2 years. I’m married woth my husband for 10 years. we also have e years old. we enjoyed being together w/o babies for years and than i had my son at late 20’s.

We got engaged like 2 months after knowing each other, married 7 months after knowing each other and now 2 kids and 6 years of marriage later… when you know you just know :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Dated 2 months got married a year later got pregnant.

I’ve been engaged for 22yrs!!! Second time around for both of us,so,we are taking our time…lolx

1 Like

3 months lol then married 9 months later. We will be celebrating 10 years together next year!

We dated for 1 and half years, engaged and got married in the same month :sweat_smile:… Happily married almost 3 years now with two kiddos :grin::sweat_smile::heart:

10 years, and we have no plans on getting married, ever!

6 months got engaged. Got married 12 months later. Been married 47 years.

Met him in September, got engaged the following September and married the following September!! One year dating, one year engaged, 31 years passionately and happily married!:cupid:

We were together 6 months before we got married

3 months engaged 3 years currently.married for 6

My husband proposed to me after 8 months

3 years. Now together 15 and married almost 12 :heart:

4 months and we’ve been married 35 years

I think it was like a year

Dating 5 years, married 50 this year.

4 months best decision ever

Dated 1.5 years engaged 6 months married 8 years dec 1

Me and my man met online on april 15, 2017… he asked me to be his girlfriend on May 1st,2017… boxing day that year found out we were pregnant (planned) … moved in together may1st 2018… had our 2nd baby this past sept.
No engaged yet… we kinda did things backwards lol financially we can’t justify getting married. I just told him for the next few years to not get me anything for birthdays or Xmas, so that in hopefully 4 years he can get me a ring and we can do a court wedding. As long as you are both on the same page of “eventually” then I’d say wait for the surprise!

Honestly I already knew my husband before we got married but I did not live with him and I was not in a 5-year relationship before we got married. let’s go get married go to the courthouse forget friends and family they’re not going to approve anyways and let’s just get married and it’s been that way for 13 nearly 14 years and it’s hard to say that because I can’t believe it’s been that long and we have been through Hell. And Back, thick and thin together, you name it! honestly there is no time limit to be dating and be proposed for a year or two years it depends on you and him and y’all’s relationship! I know people who are still married and they got married without even knowing each other not even dating and they’re still married did they day. and I know people who were cheating on their spouses and you are married to these people and still together to this day and wasn’t dating that long so like I said it just depends on you and him and the relationship. Don’t hold over your head how long it’s supposed to take for him to propose. Let It Be and see where it goes!! like my girlfriend who can’t have a baby I don’t think she cannot have a baby I think she’s been trying too hard all these years wanting a baby every time that she has sex praying for it and the Lord ain’t going to give her a baby like that. I’ve known girls who have ruined their relationship because it is supposed to be where they date for for 5 years and be engaged for a year or two and there’s so much pressure on wanting the man to buy the ring and asked her to marry him I mean the guy has to do it in his own time. If you know you’re right for each other then you will feel it with faith you’re not going to be able to put pressure on that. I was with this guy in high school and I thought he was going to be the one I was going to have a family with them being married to. The thing is he had lived with me right before I graduated high school because he had nowhere to go and my folks decided you know hang if you pay me some rent money and help get my daughter to school so she can graduate you know and everything why not stay here I mean you’re with my daughter and y’all are planning on being together after high school why not live together now and know what each other are about. And it got to wear like cuz this guy on talking about I’ve been put in a coma before overtaking medication that you should not have took and he had like relearn how to walk and you know reading everything again and people take advantage of him right well I got tired of him just giving his money away and being took advantage of like he was a doormat and all of our friends just treating him like crap and the video game thing dude I’m not into video games 24 hours a day we have kids to take care of a house to take care of a life to have we don’t do the video game thing in my house you know what I mean and I was like so this is what it’s going to be like when we get married I’m going to be the one just taking care of the kids while you’re on video games all day no thank you so I moved out moved in with my husband wasn’t long we got married and I started having kids and we’ve been together ever since. I never lived with him I was not engaged 12 months to 2 years or nothing like that. I know we’ve made our mistakes and we’ve had are times of fights and things like that but who doesn’t. Honestly it’s more about having faith trust and more about your relationship and it is actually the title of being married and engaged and that ring on your finger. I haven’t worn a wedding ring since my wedding ring broke 5 and 1/2 6 years ago. Because my mother had gave me a wedding set she wanted me to really wear the thing is she had to size it to a size 11 finger and I wear a size 4 finger on that much tinier than my mother okay. And my wedding ring broke in the back because the Jeweler said the more that you get your jewelry size and resize again the weaker it gets but again it doesn’t matter about a Big 5 carat diamond that is a real piece of gold or anything like that around your finger all that matters is your true unconditional love and your faith and the Lord in your relationship. Prayers and good luck

Relationships are so personal that there’s no same right answer for everyone. I’m 32 and on my second marriage; I have lots of opinions when it comes to dating. I’m also a former psychology major and try to take a logical approach in balance with an emotional one as leaning too far on either side isn’t always healthy. I know many won’t agree with what I have to say, but it’s my experience and no one else can speak for me.

Details of my first marriage: knew him since I was 16, dated/engaged at 20, married at 21, seperated (and suicidal) at 24, and divorced at 25. People change SO much from 16-18, 18-20, etc. You NEED time in your early 20’s to be ‘young and stupid’ and to get to know yourself in every phase you go through from 15-25. You need to move away from home and go to school or get a job, live on your own and get to know YOU before you commit to another person. I personally believe no one should get married until their brain is done developing; this can vary from age 23-27 depending on the person. People who know who they are and can find happiness and fulfillment on their own tend to be happier and more supportive in a commited relationship in the long run.
There is also a lot of truth in the “old fashioned” way of dating. According to research, people who don’t live together before marriage are more likely to have a longer, successful marriage than those who do - it has everything to do with the “we VS me” mindset; I recommend doing your own research. Many people also interpret physical intimacy as “love” when it’s really just letting your hormones trump logic; which is stupid IMO. In a long, committed relationship, intimacy is important, but it’s not THE most important thing; your emotional relationship is the most important. If you take physical intimacy away, what’s left of your relationship? Health issues and age take sex lives away from people every day and if you don’t have a good emotional connection with your partner, you don’t have a solid foundation for a long term relationship.

Ultimately, you can date the wrong person for years and then date the right person for months… Length of time is irrelevant, quality of time and being in tune with yourself and your person determines relationship longevity. Trust your own judgement and don’t worry about what other people think.

Do with this information as you will - good luck.

If you’re not sure after a couple of years…

4 weeks :heart:
Married 15 yrs now
3 beautiful kids
Together 19 yrs

1 Like

Growing up has never come the easier way. It comes with lots of challenges like lost marriages, lost love, financial and job problems and so many more, but still there has always been a solution to every challenges that we face in life. Life has been so difficult for me these past few months and I had given up on myself knowing that I will not find love or true happiness again. Two months ago I found out I was pregnant and I was so happy and excited to have my own baby and I didn’t even call my boyfriend. I just wanted to take the results to him and show him face to face and share the good news together. But when I reached his flat I saw his car parked outside and knew he was home so I went straight to his room. When I knocked, he allowed me to enter because he wasn’t expecting me at the time, but when i opened the door I nearly fainted because I caught him ready handed with another woman in his house. I looked at them and closed the door and ran away, he followed me saying his sorry and the woman is just a friend and nothing else but I knew he was lying and I walked away. I reached home and cried a lot until i told my best friend everything and she told me to fight for my man and not loose him to another woman. She gave me Sir Marere contact +2348109805184 email is: marerespells@gmail. com and told me Sir Marere will bring back my boyfriend to me and love only me. So i contacted Sir Marere and told her everything, he made a love and binding prayers for me and in 1 day of the prayers my boyfriend came to me with that woman I saw him with and knelt down and begged for my forgiveness and told the woman that am the love of his life and he doesn’t ever want to see her again. The woman walked away and that evening my man came back with a baked cake and gifts and flowers and asked for my forgiveness again and promised never to hurt me again and I told him that we are having a baby, he cried and smiled with joy and happiness. We are back together and so much in love and waiting for our baby to arrive. Thanks so much Sir Marere your prayers indeed work. You can call or whats-app Sir marere on +2348109805184 Email: marerespells@gmail. com incase you are passing through the same situation. Don’t be discouraged by what people may tell you that even don’t know the situation you are going through, all that matters are the results so feel free to contact him.

I meet my husband when i was 19 going on 20 we meet in March he proposed in July :laughing: We got married that next year. Not going to lie the few first years had their moments because I was growing up and we were still getting to know each other but wouldn’t change anything we are going on 8 years together we are so stable and happy have to kids. Every story is different and thats okay as long as you’re happy and where you want to be. Ive seen couples date forever and after a year of marriage get divorced ive seen couples who never get married or have kids and are happy.

Were friends for 4 years

then dated 1 and half years before we said i love you

Moved in together at 2 years

Bought house at 2 and half years

Got pregnant by choice after 3 and half years

Got engaged at 4 years

Married on 5 and half year anniversary

Then another planned baby after 7 years

And here we are 7 and half years later lol.

That was fun thinking about. The thing is don’t push it ans let it naturally happen ans if stuff isn’t naturally moving then you can talk about it ans think. When we 1st started dating he said he never wanted to get married or have kids. I didn’t pressure him so there can’t be any you made me do this one day. We truly live eachother though. He’s my best friend.

8 and a half years. We got together when I was 16 and he was 18, he just proposed to me in September the day after my 25th birthday. We have a 2 year old and another on the way, it was perfect and so worth the wait. So glad we will have both out little boys here to be at our wedding x

Never thought I’d put a time limit on us but after 10yrs. I told him to sh*t or get off the pot. We’ve been married now almost 6yrs. And are happier than ever. :grin::heart:

It took my husband 6 years lol. We have been married for 2 years now, and together a total of 8.

My husband and I have been friends for almost 18 years now. We both knew we were going to get married, because we discussed everything we wanted out of our relationship before getting into one. He proposed a year into our relationship and we got married on 8/28/2020. I planned our wedding in less than a month. Started our relationship in may of 2018 and got married 3 months ago.

1 Like

The hubs and I were together 6 years before we got engaged. We have been married for nine years.

Honestly engagement and marriage DO NOT MAKE THE RELATIONSHIP. I would ask the question why do you NEED to be engaged or married? Have you and your person talked about marriage? Is it something you both want? If he honestly doesn’t want to get married does that change how you feel about him?

2 Likes

Engaged within the first year of dating. Didnt get married for 6 years after. When its right its right but i do have to say there will come a time when that next step needs to be taken if its something you BOTH want. Every couple has there ready moment. Its different for each one. Think about it really give it some thought then decide ok enough is enough he needs to ask. Or no ill give it some more time maybe hes not ready yet. You’ll know the feeling.

3 yrs before a proposal … one year later we got married bought a unit and got pregnant all in that same year … been married for 26 years- 3 yrs I think is enough time .

Met nov 1 2013, started officially daiting dec 2013, engaged march 2014, married june 2014, almost “officially” been together 7 years, I knew I was gonna marry him the first time we met in person, we met online.

9 months proposed the morning our daughter was scheduled to be born.

Dating Dec 2012
Engaged May 2016
Married Oct 2017

We got engaged after 3 months, got married at the 6 month mark, been married for 10 years.

8 months , married a year later

Dating a year and a half before getting engaged

About 1 year and a half