How many pairs of shoes should a kid have?

My 6 year olds shoes . This isn’t all of them and i am not sorry. People can mind their own business

1 Like

My 4 year old has about 15/20 pairs of shoes.

1 Like

On sale absolutely not. Full price or name brand that ridiculous

1 Like

Who cares what the other people say. She is your daughter and now she has plenty of shoes to start the school year. Kuddos for them being on sale too Momma!

1 Like

Our daughter has heaps of shoes since she was a baby. She loves her shoes. I never had that many shoes when I was her age

Oh my 5 year old got like 10 pairs. I ain’t even gonna talk about the clothes. I may have used the fact I needed to take her up a size as a excuse. Lol… But hey it’s your child who cares what others say. They are only with us for so long. Do what you won’t for ya baby.

If they were on sale and you can afford it go ahead. My kids are growing a lot so I buy them 1-2 good pairs and buy more at Christmas so they have good ones that fit

I have 7 kids and they have like 30 pairs of shoes each. Different styles, different colors, and for different outfits… A person could never have too many shoes

Next time, take that picture and arrange those shoes in a
M Y O B pattern!

1 Like

As many as you want to buy them

2 Likes

I say you can buy as many shoes foe your kid as you want and are able to. If you feel your child needs that many shoes, than go for it! In all honesty I think all 3 of my kids had that many shoes if not more. Dress shoes, gym shoes, sandals, casual shoes, etc. Yes!

Why do you care what they think?

1 Like

No do what you want to do

Who cares what others think!

1 Like

My daughter is 10 and she has around 10 to 15 pair

1 Like

I mean if they’re Walmart clearance shoes I’d buy extra too. My daughter needs special shoes bc she has braces on her feet, and they’re super expensive, but she still has over 6 pairs :person_shrugging:

She should have however many pairs you want to buy her! My Girls have always had TONSSS of shoes.

…. Some people are so ridiculous :woman_facepalming:t4:

3 Likes

I think you paid for them & they should mind their own business

9 Likes

My daughter has close to 20 pairs and we just donated 12 pairs. Tell them to mind their business.

5 Likes

My daughter is 4 and has well over 20 pairs of shoes :joy::joy: my grandma calls her Imelda Marcos. If you know, you know lol

2 Likes

I feel like it’s that’s a pretty normal amount. My son probably has more then that when I include is sports shoes and he is only4.

1 Like

It’s nobody’s business how many pairs of shoes your kid has! Different outfits require different shoes :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

They’re from Walmart on clearance…should of bought more!!:smiley::smiley::smiley:

1 Like

To each his own! That’s ur child. U get ur child what u want to get ur child. Who cares what others think??

My kids had TONS of shoes when they were little. Who cares what people think?!

Those Walmart shoes suck, so you were smart to buy several pairs. I bought them for my daughter as her feet were growing fast and they would be junk within a month. Now that she has kinda leveled off (size 8 in womens at 10 years old) I buy her shoes at Kohls usually.

My daughter is 3 and literally has over 20 pairs of shoes and always has since birth. Lol my son is 8 months old and has like 15 pairs.
Who cares what others think: you do you, you are the mommy!!!

Also shoes make my daughter happy she loves picking shoes to go with her outfit so whatever makes our days fun and happy then that’s what we’ll do

2 Likes

My granddaughter is 3, and she has more shoes than that…but I buy, my daughter buys, and some of my daughters friends buy her shoes, and clothes, and toys…we have all been thru hard times, and rebounded and have been very blessed, but my nieces have daughters about the same age, so clothes and shoes get passed around alot.

Kids don’t need to wear just one pair of shoes all the time because of sweat and fungus can cause problems with their feet, buy that baby whatever you feel like she needs your the Mom here not somebody’s opinion

4 Likes

That’s your child and your business. At least you bought her shoes. They need to stay in their lane

My kids always kept a pair of tennis shoes for PE at school. Sometimes other shoes too, depending on snow

Your money, your kid, they can shut the hell up until they start paying your bills. All of my kids get at least 2 pairs of shoes whenever we go shoe shopping and most of the time it’s a spur of the moment thing. My money and my kids so I spend it how I like

2 Likes

They grow out of them fast BUT it’s a great way to find a style that’s comfortable for your child so you buy more in bigger sizes. Besides, they were on sale. What a silly thing to judge someone for.

2 Likes

It is what you can afford and want her to have . My daughter is three and seems every one of my friends give her shoes or buys them for her. Myself I only buy two pairs and boots for winter. My son has the same .

Walmart shoes wear out too quickly so not excessive

2 Likes

Don’t girls usually always have several different shoes anyways?? Sounds like to me they’re being drama queens, ask them all how many pairs they have I guarantee you it will be more than 6

1 Like

My toddler has 3. and only wears 2.

As many shoes as they want, assuming you can afford/want to buy them. My kids go barefoot everywhere, if possible. I lucked out & they don’t care too much about shoes or clothes. They want slime & to catch frogs. But if they wanted 100 shoes & I could afford it, I’d probably buy them. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Never feel ashamed for being able to provide for your kid , what you buy for your kids is not one business.
I do the same when my daughter was little , bought her different pairs of shoes to match with her outfits and to have variety for the weather changes , nothing wrong with that, specially if they are on sale
You go mom !!!

2 Likes

First off if it made you happy who cares lol but honestly I love a good deal and my son runs through shoes. I think you did fine

WHO GIVES AF!!! My daughter has a few. My son has over 20 pairs of Nikes and Lebron’s and Kobe’s, etc. My daughter doesn’t F w/shoes like that. He does. So… :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Well, if she is like my nephew, his feet just are his shoes, then no. However, my son wore his til he outgrew them.
Different kids.

No your kid buy as many as you like.

Seriously? Who gives a shit what other opinions are about how many shoes your kid has​:joy::joy: it’s however you feel and obviously YOU didn’t find it excessive so don’t now that someone has inserted THEIR Opinion about it :woman_shrugging:t2:

Nope…sneakers, sandals, closed toe sandals, cross. Rain boots for school And home, winter boots…

1 Like

My 12 year old has too many pairs but they’re all different so who cares? I like my shoes to match my outfit so I’m a little weird about that anyways.

1 Like

Tell them you sleep with no underwear on so they can kiss your butt!
Do you, buy your kid shoes, clothes, toys whatever you can afford and make your family happy. Life’s short.

2 Likes

My kids have a lot of shoes. Unless someone else is buying the shoes, it’s really not their business. They actually sound rude and petty. I’d just ignore them and enjoy matching those shoes without her outfits. :purple_heart:

No five pair shoes for a child are not excessive.

It really depends. I tend to buy them on sale in bigger sizes. It’s always a mystery how many they will end up with. Normally if it’s a bigger sale, I will buy them in a couple sizes.

Buy your kids what you want them to have it isn’t anybody else’s business how many or what you buy for them!

4 Likes

As Many as you want her to have. She is Your Daughter!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

My kids tore through Walmart shoes within a month or two. IMO, you should have bought more :joy:

1 Like

Wow, what a terrible group of people! 5 pairs of shoes for a 6 year old is not overboard. And what is overboard for one may not be for another, so don’t listen to those women. Ugh why are we do mean to each other?!

4 Likes

Buy all the shoes you want for her I would

3 Likes

My kids have so many shoes and yeah, they outgrow them quick, but you got them on clearance! I do too so it’s not so financially horrible if they outgrow them :joy:

1 Like

5 seems like a normal amount. It’d be excessive if they had 20+

2 Likes

I believe my daughter has 10+ pairs​:joy::joy: it’s your kid you can buy them how many pairs you want.

1 Like

Honestly they go through shoes so fast if I didn’t have to buy four pairs of shoes everytime for all my kids anyway I would probably stock up to a point. Typically they only need two pairs and maybe a pair of rain boots but its never a bad idea to have extras when you have kids

they need to hush…wakmart has sneakers for 3.00…stock up

2 Likes

Girls need multiple pairs of shoes for different types of outfits. Sandals, sneakers, dressy, boots, casual, slip ons….

5 Likes

Lord… Send her my way, she’d have a real problem with my daughters closet who is only 2.
She has 7 pairs of blowfish shoes, 3 twisted X, 2 Nike and some others.

The real question is… Can a gal really have too many shoes?:woman_shrugging:t3::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Your baby can have as many shoes as you get her. All of my girls love shoes & boots & have quite a few pairs. You got them on clearance…bonus! Kids go through shoes like crazy

1 Like

Kids blow through shoes in a year… Buy away

People are too opinionated… so what your kid has 5 pairs of shoes… it’s not like you asked anyone for the money. When people judge you it’s their insecurities that they are projecting on you. This is literally why I don’t like mommy groups. For reference I bought mine 4 pairs of new sneakers for school.

You got a deal on them. I’m sure she’ll get to wear them before she outgrows them. Tell those other moms to hush. They’re just miffed they missed the sale!

Don’t let anybody shame you into how many pairs of shoes, dresses, ribbons for her hair, whatever she should have - you buy her whatever you want to buy her and don’t ever let anybody else try to influence you.

My kids each have 2 sandals, 2 crocs, 3-5 tennis shoes, 2 pairs of water shoes, 2 rain boots and 2 winter boots. My daughter also has a pair of uggs, mocassin style shoes and a pair of bear paw boots.
I don’t care that it’s a bunch because we have 4 seasons, play outside a ton and they use the shoes/boots they have.

For my girls I have boots (rain and snow), sandals, dress shoes, tennis shoes and I try to get the sandals in adjustable kind to they last two years. Some times they have multiple dress shoes if they need a certain color to match a dress

People need to stop telling others how to live or raise their families. I buy mine 8 pairs each cause they’re cheaper than the two boy’s shoes. Plus different outfits for different shoes. You do what you think is best for your children, it’s no one else business.

Your child can have as many shoes as you can afford. Personally 3- 4 pairs is what I bought but no all the same size I like to get a half size bigger for some shoes but my boys grew a lot. It also depends on your lifestyle like do you dress up a lot, do you play outdoors no matter the weather, are they in sports or dance.

It’s your business not anyone else’s!

It’s excessive!!! More than 3/4 is excessive especially at a young age.

Butttttt, it’s a free country and your decision.

That is the truth.

My granddaughters 9 and 5 , probably have about 30 pairs​:crazy_face::woman_shrugging:

My daughter has 2 pr for school and 1 for dress, she is 9.

My 3 year old had probably 20 pairs :flushed::joy: 6 seems reasonable! Keeps you for running back to the store when they break/get lost/ or don’t match. You’re doing great mama :smile:

2 Likes

My girl has 5 pair of tennis shoes 4 pair of sandles 4 pair dress shoes, dress boots rain boots and winter boots. Plus water shoes and slippers.
I do buy a few that are slightly bigger so they last her longer before I have to get her new ones.

They’re Walmart shoes :rofl::woman_facepalming:t4: and btw an individual kid included cna never have too many shoes

Kids just grow to fast for that many shoes

Considering Walmart shoes DONT always hold up the best, especially if your kid is super active, 5 is probably what she’ll go through anyway.

Folks should mind their business- 5 pairs. Of discount shoes is about normal for many families.
Keep a pair up on a shelf for when she ruins the others. Old shoes for playing outside.

1 Like

The question should be why are you allowing other women try dictate what you buy your children. They aren’t the parents. They aren’t the ones spending that money. If you want to buy your children 5, 10 shoot even 20 pairs you get them & if anyone tries to bash you, you tell them thank you for your input but it’s not your business.

1 Like

Not wrong at all. You should do what you think best!

2 Likes

Your kid, your business.

1 Like

How many pairs the parents want to buy their kid is how many they should have.

2 Likes

Mine don’t usually have that many pairs of shoes. But I’m not a shoe person.
I think they should mine their own business. Who cares how many pairs you buy, as long as you’re within your means. (Even if you’re not, it’s still none of their concern.)
I bet your 6 year old is excited!

People keep track of how many pairs of shoes their kids have??? All of mine have at least 4 pairs soooo what am I really keeping track of???

1 Like

I generally have two pairs of sneakers per kid. Basically a backup in case one gets wet/dirty/etc… I can understand if you have a girl throwing a pair of dress shoes into the mix. I’m not talking about seasonal shoes either like boots/sandals. But some people are more into matching shoes to outfits. I would be but I don’t have the space or money.

6yo (1st grade) with split home. She has 2 pairs of nice Tenny boppers. 2 pairs of winter slip on/ugg type of boots, 2 pairs of regular boots and a pair of riding boots. A pair of muck boots, a pair of sandals and a pair of crocs. She also has a pair of slide on sandals for the pool/hot tub.

My four year old has three. Slip ons like kid crocks … tennis shoes and the next size up… my 8 year old has taken over my sandals 2 pairs has his sandals , and tennis shoes.

To each there own. You do you

5 to 6 for kids. 2 tennis shoes, a sandal, one boots for winter, and a dress/formal pair. Thats pretty standard in my books, but yet one more pair for school purpose for physical education, but that stays at school, so i dont count that pair but its needed for school. Kids are constantly growing out of shoes, which is why we need them but not too many. 6 is a good amount and kudos for finding them on sale.

They just mad with their basic a$$es.Buy her another pair tomorrow too

2 Likes

I don’t think there is a right or wrong answer . But my twin 4 year olds each have a pair of sandals and a pair of Sneakers .

Well then they would all really hate me :rofl: my daughter has more shoes than most adults! :joy:

My daughter who’s 5 has like 20. Do you boo boo.

1 Like

I say, none of those moms bought the shoes. She is your child. They have no business telling you you’re wrong! Your money, your kid, your choice on what you buy her. You’re doing just fine momma!

2 Likes

My 4 year old son has like 10 pairs but I only shop at our church thrift store everything is 50 cents or less for kids his whole wardrobe since birth is from there. My 3 teenagers have like 4 pairs bit their stuff is expensive and name brand so we only shop 3 times a year at the mall for them

Your kid, your money. Sounds like my mom saying I have too many shoes​:rofl::high_heel:

1 Like

As many pairs as you’d like to have it’s your child and your money honey ain’t no one gonna tell me how to spend or take care of my children. I personally have many options for my kids to wear so they all over get less wear and tear

My 2 year old twins personally have 2 pairs of boots each, 3 or so pairs of sandals each and 2 or 3 pairs of actual shoes.

My 3 year old has 3 pairs of shoes, 3 pairs of sandals and a pair of boots.

And my 8 year old daughter probably has double that amount.
8 year old son probably has the least amount, maybe 2 pairs of sandals, 2 pairs of shoes and a pair of boots.

I mean they are my kids and I buy them what I want. If someone has a problem it’s just that, their problem.

Bc unless someone’s paying my bills what I spend my money on isn’t their business.

1 Like